Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm not comparing quality but I'm just explaining the difference in tone.
    Oh, okay then. Thanks for the clarification.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Book of Boba Fett had better desert scenes and better FX than Dune.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Childrens tv is actually better at showing good conflict without resorting to relationship bs.

Not particularly controversial but there's no thread for this movie yet and I don't want to start one this far ahead. However, with all the superhero movies coming out this year, the movie I'm most looking forward to is "Elvis". Well, there's the Captain Marvel, Junior connection but...

The trailer very much gives the impression that it's as much a commentary on the times as about Elvis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzNTHEXlw3o
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Not particularly controversial but there's no thread for this movie yet and I don't want to start one this far ahead. However, with all the superhero movies coming out this year, the movie I'm most looking forward to is "Elvis". Well, there's the Captain Marvel, Junior connection but...

The trailer very much gives the impression that it's as much a commentary on the times as about Elvis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzNTHEXlw3o
    No thread for the Elvis movie?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...2-Elvis-Biopic

They gave up on Agent Carter far too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    They gave up on Agent Carter far too easily.
    That isn't exactly a controversial opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Wow, how many pages back was that?
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That isn't exactly a controversial opinion.
    It’s not? When was season 3 announced?
    Last edited by TheRay; 03-10-2022 at 07:28 AM.

It’s not? When was season 3 announced?
    Saying that they gave up on Agent Carter too easily isn't a controversial opinion because nearly everyone outside of the room where the decision to cancel it was made agrees with you and not the suits. You are preaching to the choir on that one.
    Dark does not mean deep.

That’s not what a controversial opinion is. Just because you claim it’s not and the only people you talk to agree with it doesn’t make it any less controversial. Obviously, since they cancelled it, it was lacking something and doesn’t have enough support to keep it pushing forward. If you want to debate the definition of “controversial opinion”, then lets go for it (sounds like a monumental waste of time to be sure, but okay), but don’t act like anecdotal evidence is enough of a basis to go on.

That’s not what a controversial opinion is. Just because you claim it’s not and the only people you talk to agree with it doesn’t make it any less controversial. Obviously, since they cancelled it, it was lacking something and doesn’t have enough support to keep it pushing forward. If you want to debate the definition of “controversial opinion”, then lets go for it (sounds like a monumental waste of time to be sure, but okay), but don’t act like anecdotal evidence is enough of a basis to go on.
    Plaenty of good shows get cancelled all the time it doesn't mean they are lacking anything AC was a good show almost everyone likes it so no it's not controversial to say They gave up on Agent Carter too soon.

No, most of the time it absolutely does mean they’re lacking something. No network is going to cancel a show for absolutely no reason. Agent Carter was specifically cancelled because of low viewership. In all honesty, all of your complaining is pretty much convincing me that Agent Carter was actually cancelled at the right time, if anything.

No, most of the time it absolutely does mean they’re lacking something. No network is going to cancel a show for absolutely no reason. Agent Carter was specifically cancelled because of low viewership. In all honesty, all of your complaining is pretty much convincing me that Agent Carter was actually cancelled at the right time, if anything.
    That's like saying if a movie is a box office bomb it's not a good movie havening low viewership doesn't mean it's bad or lacking on anything.

….plenty of people do say that.