Default Marvel may have got the full movie rights to Hulk & Namor Back?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2020/01...r-film-rights/

If true marvel can make full movies for both again!

Marvel wasted Planet Hulk and World War Hulk set ups, Yeah I know they are other stories for Hulk but wasting those concepts in the movie world sucks but Immortal Hulk is doing some interesting stuff so I can see direction for Hulk.

Having Namor back is good but DC put out Aquaman with success and while these characters are clear different, Namor has to be on top its game because the comparison to Aquaman will come and general public and media will treat a bad namor outing like he is bad Aquaman rip off. It seems the best path for Namor would be antihero or villain.

5 years ago this would be amazing news right now, It is mid level stuff as everything should be coming back into Marvel hands pretty soon, The some of the Netflix characters should be back into play as well if not back in a year maybe two. We are about to learn how good Kevin Feige is really can he balance having all these pieces in play X-men, Fantastic Four, Netflix guys Daredevil, Punisher, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones,Iron Fist, The other cinematic guys Blade,Ghost Rider, Deadpool ;The Disney plus piece Moon Knight,She Hulk,etc.. And Namor and Hulk.

Probably just a rumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Having Namor back is good but DC put out Aquaman with success and while these characters are clear different, Namor has to be on top its game because the comparison to Aquaman will come and general public and media will treat a bad namor outing like he is bad Aquaman rip off. It seems the best path for Namor would be antihero or villain.
    Yeah, I agree about Namor being less valuable now that a highly successful Aquaman movie has been released. Being first to market is always a key factor of success. It would be the same way if DC released a Books of Magic film series. Of course it would be negatively compared to Harry Potter even though Timothy Hunter came first.

Namor can be used, though. I do like the idea of having him be an anti-hero/out-and-out villain because that's how he generally was in the comics, anyway. But introducing Namor to the public for the first time in his own film? Not a good idea. I really think Aquaman has cornered the market on an Atantis-based superhero film series.

Have Namor be the villain in the first Fantastic Four movie and do the whole Namor-Sue-Reed romantic triangle. Then, once the X-Men are integrated into the MCU, Namor can also fit in with that Mutant universe and Sue and Jean Grey can get together and compare notes on how they are in relationships with good guys, but have a thing for a bad boy on the side.

Strong rumours iirc that Namors going to be the BP2 Villain.

Yeah, I agree about Namor being less valuable now that a highly successful Aquaman movie has been released. Being first to market is always a key factor of success. It would be the same way if DC released a Books of Magic film series. Of course it would be negatively compared to Harry Potter even though Timothy Hunter came first.
    Yup and dc is going to have trouble with new gods now that thanos came out first on the big screen. Y the last man has the same trouble with that upcoming rip-off film where they switched the men and womans roles in the works.

That's kind of marvels fault for not using namor in more shows back in the 70s and 80s.

I'd rather not see a press conference about this. Just quietly introduce Namor somewhere as a surprise character. The Rock isn't available anymore, I presume. Marvel can have a Namor solo film if they want, they just have to frame it differently from "Aquaman", with the tragic biracial baby from two worlds angle. Arthur Curry grew up in the USA, Namor grew up in Atlantis. Ignore the origin and just head into the action.

For whatever it's worth, "Aquaman's success theatrically means that Disney execs have no excuse to second guess whether Namor is "too high concept" to catch on.

I just hope that the creative choice isn't made like the Fast & Furious films did with the Shaw character, to introduce him as a fairly unrepentant villain/murderer, but then do some kind of wacky pro-wrestling heel-to-face turn and start saying that he's going to be a good guy after that, and Attuma's microscopic neural implant made him flood Miami.