Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    And if we switch "you do not fit in here" to "we're just going to keep killing you", then maybe they would have gotten it? Maybe? Nah.
    BUT IT's DIFFERENT WHEN....

Oh, wait, no... it's exactly the same.

Nah, they wouldn't have gotten it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

In my head...I changed the dialogue in panel three from "Oh No!" to *"HYMC!" (* the Trini equivalent of F-OFF!)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Looking at the comments of some people here I realize how despite the doubts and (justified) criticisms about Krakoa I realize that there is a huge fear of change.

If we think logically it is clear that Krakoa will not last forever and inevitably all toys will be thrown in the box when it is over. Still, Krakoa's biggest critics seem to be against the idea simply because it distorts the original idea of ​​the X-men even if it means going back to stories about extinction and schools exploding for the next 10 years.

If mutants are portrayed as natural human evolution (or one of the possibilities) there is no justification for why a mutant nation does not exist, it is simply the natural course of things even more considering how dangerous life outside Krakoa is for non-mutants.

So if krakoa for now fulfills its objective, the fact that people are against it is simply out of fear that the dream was just a dream or that perhaps mutants do not need humans or coexist with them to be happy .

My only issue was that the whole mutant island/nation thing had already been done before, but this is a fresh twist on the concept, so it's fine, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Looking at the comments of some people here I realize how despite the doubts and (justified) criticisms about Krakoa I realize that there is a huge fear of change.

If we think logically it is clear that Krakoa will not last forever and inevitably all toys will be thrown in the box when it is over. Still, Krakoa's biggest critics seem to be against the idea simply because it distorts the original idea of ​​the X-men even if it means going back to stories about extinction and schools exploding for the next 10 years.

If mutants are portrayed as natural human evolution (or one of the possibilities) there is no justification for why a mutant nation does not exist, it is simply the natural course of things even more considering how dangerous life outside Krakoa is for non-mutants.

So if krakoa for now fulfills its objective, the fact that people are against it is simply out of fear that the dream was just a dream or that perhaps mutants do not need humans or coexist with them to be happy .
    You are absolutely right and I appreciate your words. You speak logic that makes perfect sense to me, though I do hope Krakoa lasts for a long time. Mutants are the very definition of evolution (we can all agree on that) and ultimately it's a personal choice whether to stay in fear or embrace the change. I'm all for debate but I see the "reasoning" for the fear has not changed in 6 months. Which is ironic considering the majority of X-Fans have been complaining about the "same ol', same ol'" forever. It's why I started the Favorite character moments thread, to remind myself that eFF YEAH, people ARE loving this and the heaviness of the detractors is only heavy with our allowance of it.

House of X #1 came out in July. The train of change and discovery has left the station. The ship of new horizons has sailed. It's a fun ride and it's a pity (not really) that some are missing the party.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    My only issue was that the whole mutant island/nation thing had already been done before, but this is a fresh twist on the concept, so it's fine, really.
    I like how Emma even called Erik and Charles out on that but then they made her understand that this time global recognition of their sovereignty was the first order of business, hand in hand with the meds. Game. Changer.

If we think logically it is clear that Krakoa will not last forever and inevitably all toys will be thrown in the box when it is over.
    Not necessarily. Hickman, White, and Co. have gone on record that they are trying to 'revamp' the line in the same way Wein/Cockrum/Claremont/Byrne did with the New X-Men... and they never stuck Wolverine, Storm, etc. etc. back in the box. When they did bring back the O5, it was with X-Factor, not setting Uncanny X-Men back to the 1960s format.

So, if DoX continues to be successful (and not just financially but also as a way to freshen ideas for new writers, keeping their enthusiasm high), Krakoa could stick around... just like the idea of lots of new X-Men from all around the world (not just the original 5) stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Not necessarily. Hickman, White, and Co. have gone on record that they are trying to 'revamp' the line in the same way Wein/Cockrum/Claremont/Byrne did with the New X-Men... and they never stuck Wolverine, Storm, etc. etc. back in the box. When they did bring back the O5, it was with X-Factor, not setting Uncanny X-Men back to the 1960s format.

So, if DoX continues to be successful (and not just financially but also as a way to freshen ideas for new writers, keeping their enthusiasm high), Krakoa could stick around... just like the idea of lots of new X-Men from all around the world (not just the original 5) stuck around.
    My hope is that Krakoa becomes as prominent as Wakanda. The mutants will experience turmoil in some form of another for sure, but they deserve a solid foundation to build upon for generations and Krakoa could be it.

If we think logically it is clear that Krakoa will not last forever and inevitably all toys will be thrown in the box when it is over.
    BAH, BLASPHEMY! Let Krakoa reign forever!!!

BANNED

the dream hasnt been important for years now, for us to return to the status quo that some people want would be to ignore the continuity of these past years, all of it leading to a state where something like krakoa is the only logical option for the characthers in universe, and the only inovative possibility to drive the franchise forward.

nostalgia by ignoring the actual present doesnt work, these past years of dull repetitive stories of martyrdoom do not work, krakoa has so far, consistently so.

AND its a flexible concept:
    if they want a more classic x-men feel have a main team in the mansion habitat, doing normal x-stuff while the rest of line indulges in the awesome sand box that is krakoa
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-21-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    BAH, BLASPHEMY! Let Krakoa reign forever!!!
    I know I know! I tried not to cringe when reading that sentence LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the dream hasnt been important for years now, for us to return to the status quo that some people want would be to ignore the continuity of these past years, all of it leading to a state where something like krakoa is the only logical option for the characthers in universe, and the only inovative possibility to drive the franchise forward.

nostalgia by ignoring the actual present doesnt work, these past years of dull repetitive stories of martyrdoom do not work, krakoa has so far, consistently so.

AND its a flexible concept:
    if they want a more classic x-men feel have a main team in the mansion habitat, doing normal x-stuff while the rest of line indulges in the awesome sand box that is krakoa

Mighty Member

My hope is that Krakoa becomes as prominent as Wakanda. The mutants will experience turmoil in some form of another for sure, but they deserve a solid foundation to build upon for generations and Krakoa could be it.
    But if Krakoa became as prominent as Wakanda that would mean they succeeded and if they "succeeded" then mutants wouldn't need to rely on Krakoa.

Which brings me to my point. As long as mutants are part of humongous shared universe with human heroes, then mutants can't win.

If mutants "won" then that would have huge implication for non-X writers. In that universe, writers for Captain America, Black Panther, Capt. Marvel would need to get approval from the X office to write certain storylines.

For example, the last big crossover MARVEL had was about Thor and his villains invading Earth. What did the OMEGA LEVEL Xmen do? Oh yeah they hid in the Central Park mansion the whole time. If XMEN had a logical inclusion in that storyline, then many of the human heroes would not have gotten to play the role of heroes.

Same with Empire. A cosmic threat event were XMEN aren't going to play a HUGE role in the event? Seems Vulcan gets an issue or two in Hickman's XMEN, but considering mutants history with cosmic beings, it seems weird they're being "excluded"? But is including the XMEN into every major event in non-X books a good idea? no!

This is why I've actually been a fan of separating Mutants from the Marvel Universe.

Reminds me of the common complaint of why humans hate mutants but love super beings? Tech they shouldn't know the diff. ALOT of the X and non-X concepts don't work together.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    But if Krakoa became as prominent as Wakanda that would mean they succeeded and if they "succeeded" then mutants wouldn't need to rely on Krakoa.

Which brings me to my point. As long as mutants are part of humongous shared universe with human heroes, then mutants can't win.

If mutants "won" then that would have huge implication for non-X writers. In that universe, writers for Captain America, Black Panther, Capt. Marvel would need to get approval from the X office to write certain storylines.

For example, the last big crossover MARVEL had was about Thor and his villains invading Earth. What did the OMEGA LEVEL Xmen do? Oh yeah they hid in the Central Park mansion the whole time. If XMEN had a logical inclusion in that storyline, then many of the human heroes would not have gotten to play the role of heroes.

Same with Empire. A cosmic threat event were XMEN aren't going to play a HUGE role in the event? Seems Vulcan gets an issue or two in Hickman's XMEN, but considering mutants history with cosmic beings, it seems weird they're being "excluded"? But is including the XMEN into every major event in non-X books a good idea? no!

This is why I've actually been a fan of separating Mutants from the Marvel Universe.

Reminds me of the common complaint of why humans hate mutants but love super beings? Tech they shouldn't know the diff. ALOT of the X and non-X concepts don't work together.
    So in a nutshell, you feel mutants should stay on Krakoa? I agree! Let's party!

So in a nutshell, you feel mutants should stay on Krakoa? I agree! Let's party!

Preach it Sibling!!!

All Hail Krakoa! All hail Roy!

BANNED

krakoa is gonna have an art boom soon since there aint no pesky capitalism holding mutants down, so every darn person with a melody or a plot line is gonna produce content, and danger can finaly create non violent simulations.
    "x-danger entertainment"