Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Yeah! I'm hoping they go in the direction where traditional 'science', the weird Bio-tech Krakoan stuff, and Mutant magic are all treated as equal and valid areas of study without any "othering."

What I mean by that is, in a more normal narrative, someone like Beast might look down on magic even though he acknowledges its existence. A mage might think of science as less enlightened, etc.

Without making magic mundane by just calling it, 'misunderstood science', I'd love for the three to be treated equally by the characters in the same way that computer engineering, physics, and chemistry would all be respected and considered 'equal' in the eyes of a traditional 'scientist.'

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Yeah! I'm hoping they go in the direction where traditional 'science', the weird Bio-tech Krakoan stuff, and Mutant magic are all treated as equal and valid areas of study without any "othering."

What I mean by that is, in a more normal narrative, someone like Beast might look down on magic even though he acknowledges its existence. A mage might think of science as less enlightened, etc.

Without making magic mundane by just calling it, 'misunderstood science', I'd love for the three to be treated equally by the characters in the same way that computer engineering, physics, and chemistry would all be respected and considered 'equal' in the eyes of a traditional 'scientist.'
    I'm all for all of this! As the next step in evolution so to speak, it would make perfect sense to me that mutants also "evolve" these fields. Using their time and energy for creating rather than always defending. Use of mutant powers to better the world and such.

And we're gonna need these boxed up and globally available to all high-end bars and hotels by the weekend.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Marvel needs to license Hellfire Whisky as a brand to a distillery somewhere. Great name and I imagine the label would be super cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Probably Rachel since she doesn't have much else to do right now and is just sitting up in the Summer House reading books, watching TV, and playing her new Nintendo Switch that her Dad bought her for Christmas so she could play Fire Emblem!
    Psst, friend. Did you happen to read today's Excalibur?

Have a good night ya'll

So, how long a mutant needs to be "missing" to get into resurrection protocols? does it relate to the relevance of the mutant? What would happen if the missing mutant comes back and find him/herself duplicated? I am thinking of Cypher and the New Mutants in their space adventure.. how long can Krakoans be without a Cypher?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm all for all of this! As the next step in evolution so to speak, it would make perfect sense to me that mutants also "evolve" these fields. Using their time and energy for creating rather than always defending. Use of mutant powers to better the world and such.

And we're gonna need these boxed up and globally available to all high-end bars and hotels by the weekend.

I didn't catch that Hellfire Whiskey label! Thanks for posting it.

On the magic/science topic... I hope we get a better explanation on that magic thing and that we get an official Coven in Excalibur that does research on that much akin to Forge, Beast and Sage team. Plus the idea of magic and the forming of a society also bring some possible "religious" ways that could be introduced in Krakoa. Like, I'd expect some Krakoans to bring human religion from their background and possibly forge it into new mutant religions.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    So, how long a mutant needs to be "missing" to get into resurrection protocols? does it relate to the relevance of the mutant? What would happen if the missing mutant comes back and find him/herself duplicated? I am thinking of Cypher and the New Mutants in their space adventure.. how long can Krakoans be without a Cypher?
    That's a good question. Anyone know if it's been explained yet? They did say there's an upcoming book about the resurrections so perhaps we'll get more info there. And yeah they're gonna need Doug back soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I didn't catch that Hellfire Whiskey label! Thanks for posting it.

On the magic/science topic... I hope we get a better explanation on that magic thing and that we get an official Coven in Excalibur that does research on that much akin to Forge, Beast and Sage team. Plus the idea of magic and the forming of a society also bring some possible "religious" ways that could be introduced in Krakoa. Like, I'd expect some Krakoans to bring human religion from their background and possibly forge it into new mutant religions.
    Agreed. The mutants have the great possibility of really creating their own culture here.

Agreed. The mutants have the great possibility of really creating their own culture here.
    That's the sort of thing that the anthropologist in me would LOVE to see played with.

That's a good question. Anyone know if it's been explained yet? They did say there's an upcoming book about the resurrections so perhaps we'll get more info there. And yeah they're gonna need Doug back soon!
    I think It was mentioned in HoXPoX that the minimium time was one month outside of Cerebro's detection, but I could bê mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I think It was mentioned in HoXPoX that the minimium time was one month outside of Cerebro's detection, but I could bê mistaken
    Just checked and you're right on the money. HoX #5 data page. Well done!

So the New Mutans in Space... how long? how far can Cerebro go to detect they are alive? have they set up like a secret pw every x amount of time so they can say to Krakoa "hey we are alive, no worries"?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    So the New Mutans in Space... how long? how far can Cerebro go to detect they are alive? have they set up like a secret pw every x amount of time so they can say to Krakoa "hey we are alive, no worries"?
    I would assume with such a large group of mutants gone, Cerebro/Charles knows they're alive. Scott mentioned in X-Men #2 that Doug was in outer space so they're aware. Otherwise they'll really start worrying soon as a group 8 are "missing".

Now that I think about it, Sam living out there didn't activate the protocols so Cerebro must know.

I just want to say that I appreciate the X-Men and will always see them as heroes. I'm happy for them.

I appreciate this new world we've been given.