Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Sounds fantastic! I'd love to see Krakoans develop other means of commerce. We got a glimpse of what looked like some kind of outdoor cafe in Excalibur #1. That type of stuff is exciting to me and my heart would indeed explode with joy.
    Yep, there’s got to be cafes or cafeteria or/and bars. And people have to staff them, cook the food, bus the tables. Laundries. But what about cinemas? Theatres? Entertainment in general?
    The big thing for the younger kids will be wifi and phone access. They’re running an EMP blast over the island once a day, so everyone will have to go offline while that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Yep, there’s got to be cafes or cafeteria or/and bars. And people have to staff them, cook the food, bus the tables. Laundries. But what about cinemas? Theatres? Entertainment in general?
    The big thing for the younger kids will be wifi and phone access. They’re running an EMP blast over the island once a day, so everyone will have to go offline while that happens.
    Ha, I wonder if that wouldn't be such a bad thing for us in the real world, a little offline time. :-)

I'd love to see some Krakoan cuisine that goes mainstream and desired around the world. And who is making the tables and chairs, or are they being supplied by human companies? Fun stuff!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Grown, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Grown, perhaps?
    Then this handsome guy is the greatest mutant of all time.

A new burning question has emerged: who will be the first mutant to greet the new neighbors with cookies?

A new burning question has emerged: who will be the first mutant to greet the new neighbors with cookies?

Probably Rachel since she doesn't have much else to do right now and is just sitting up in the Summer House reading books, watching TV, and playing her new Nintendo Switch that her Dad bought her for Christmas so she could play Fire Emblem!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Probably Rachel since she doesn't have much else to do right now and is just sitting up in the Summer House reading books, watching TV, and playing her new Nintendo Switch that her Dad bought her for Christmas so she could play Fire Emblem!
    Fantastic! Rachel is the new welcoming committee.

P.S. I'd like to see a group of humanoid assassins try to infiltrate and ambush Arakko.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Fantastic! Rachel is the new welcoming committee.

P.S. I'd like to see a group of humanoid assassins try to infiltrate and ambush Arakko.
    Yes eh!
    HiX-Man needs to give us that one-and-done, post haste!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Y'now the only thing better than sipping on a nice Krakoan beverage while laying in a hammock in the Krakoan sun?

Sipping on a nice Krakoan beverage while laying in a hammock in the Krakoan sun while reading the awesome hardcover collection of HoX/PoX.

Life is good!

That, right there, is THE Krakoan Life!!! We are blessed, indeed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

From today’s Excalibur #5:

Preach Xaddy •—[A]—• PREACH!
    I know I'm probably in the minority here...but I love and appreciate that existence on Krakoa is so...varied.
    That it's not all centred around Mutant heroes fighting the ongoing fight. That we have other avenues of/for exploration and adventure and information that seems far removed from the usual daily struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Preach Xaddy •—[A]—• PREACH!
    I know I'm probably in the minority here...but I love and appreciate that existence on Krakoa is so...varied.
    That it's not all centred around Mutant heroes fighting the ongoing fight. That we have other avenues of/for exploration and adventure and information that seems far removed from the usual daily struggles.
    I'm personally finding the Mutant mysticism/magic stuff to be incredibly fascinating.

Indeed.
    What I appreciate is that even though it is rooted in and borrows from established lores...it's presented in an interesting and unexplored context.
    We have touched on magic in the X-men before...with Magik and Belasco, Amanda Sefton, for examples but as a whole and separate mutant ideology, this is new and yes, quite fascinating.
    Plus...I absolutely LOVE all that magic/mages/witches/druids high fantasy stuff so...I'm easily sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Indeed.
    What I appreciate is that even though it is rooted in and borrows from established lores...it's presented in an interesting and unexplored context.
    We have touched on magic in the X-men before...with Magik and Belasco, Amanda Sefton, for examples but as a whole and separate mutant ideology, this is new and yes, quite fascinating.
    Plus...I absolutely LOVE all that magic/mages/witches/druids high fantasy stuff so...I'm easily sold.
    Hear, hear! •-[A]-• 's theory of higher power formation is extremely interesting.

Even Forge's tech and what we saw Domino do in today's issue. That kind of stuff can bridge the gap for mutants with less blaster-y and super strength powers. Quire should definitely reconsider training with some weapons.

Krakoa is helping the mutants turn up the volume of evolution.