Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Also, I was doing a reread of everything in this barren period, and there was talk about a more stable form of government after the Quiet Council finishes its course.

Do you guys think a democracy could work on Krakoa? And who do you think would/could run for President/Council Member?

Democracy can work in Krakoa, but they should wait at least until all of Genosha is resurrected to have a fair census. If not, an obvious problem is created "Wait, was there an election and I couldn't vote because you resurrected me two days late?"

Sinister would run for president, no doubt, just for fun. Jean probably too. Sunspot of course. Xavier too. Shaw almost certainly. Jaime Braddock if he is bored of being king would sign up. Cyclops and Wolverine seem content to stay out of politics. I think Storm would only show up if someone convinces her that it's best for everyone. Leaders like Exodus or Apocalypse do not have the slightest interest in democracy. Characters like Emma prefer to influence positions like vice president.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Democracy can work in Krakoa, but they should wait at least until all of Genosha is resurrected to have a fair census. If not, an obvious problem is created "Wait, was there an election and I couldn't vote because you resurrected me two days late?"

Sinister would run for president, no doubt, just for fun. Jean probably too. Sunspot of course. Xavier too. Shaw almost certainly. Jaime Braddock if he is bored of being king would sign up. Cyclops and Wolverine seem content to stay out of politics. I think Storm would only show up if someone convinces her that it's best for everyone. Leaders like Exodus or Apocalypse do not have the slightest interest in democracy.
    Sinister vs Jean vs Xavier vs Sunspot would be a hell of fun campaign plot.

Characters like Emma prefer to influence positions like vice president.
    Oh no, not the vice president hahah she'd go the Selina Meyer route real soon, especially if Jean is President. But yeah, I think she'd rather be an influential figure over the economy rather than trying to be President.

Astonishing Member

Sinister would run for president, no doubt, just for fun. Jean probably too. Sunspot of course. Xavier too. Shaw almost certainly. Jaime Braddock if he is bored of being king would sign up. Cyclops and Wolverine seem content to stay out of politics. I think Storm would only show up if someone convinces her that it's best for everyone. Leaders like Exodus or Apocalypse do not have the slightest interest in democracy. Characters like Emma prefer to influence positions like vice president.
    Apocalypse would run so he has more power in government and once elected give himself more to subvert it from within. If there's one thing Apocalypse loves it's being the most important person in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Apocalypse would run so he has more power in government and once elected give himself more to subvert it from within. If there's one thing Apocalypse loves it's being the most important person in the room.
    If that were true he would have named himself King of Otherworld.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

An' tuh besides...presiding over a mutant nation state is far less than his true aspirations and would more than likely hinder his long-term goals. Being President is not an easy job...despite what a certain HoS would have us believe.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Apocalypse didn't have to, he's got bigger goals than that at the moment and Otherworld answers to him - he put his own puppet on the throne. It's just not official. He can't do this directly like in Krakoa but it wouldn't be out of character for him to be the man behind the throne in krakoa, either. Apocalypse made his bones in super-villainy as the power behind the scenes until he thought he didn't have to hide anymore.

why do I want a House of Cards inspired mini now... There's a House of X pun somewhere in there

I can see Jean taking the presidency out of this lot, as long as Ororo doesn't run. Shaw's Dark Phoenix smear campaign might get him some traction until its publicly revealed he orchestrated it... Sunspot's charm gets him a close second, maybe Jean appoints him as VP. He's perfect for that part imo - (mostly) likeable face in support of the prez's platform and god knows he has the resources to support any project, but ultimately less engaged w/ mutant issues

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Sinister vs Jean vs Xavier vs Sunspot would be a hell of fun campaign plot.

Oh no, not the vice president hahah she'd go the Selina Meyer route real soon, especially if Jean is President. But yeah, I think she'd rather be an influential figure over the economy rather than trying to be President.
    agreed. Emma's arguably the most powerful person on Krakoa rn outside the Magneto/Charles/Moira triangle and given how important the trade of medicine is to the island she's the least likely to ace upheaval in a political shake-up..perfect leverage . I don't see her letting it go

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Apocalypse's entire brand is anti-democratic , he'd never put his fate in someone else's hands . If he's gonna be the most powerful in the room its gonna be on the basis of his shrewdness...I'd love to see how he maneuvers his way through a more "human" political system . delicious potential

When Apocalypse accompanies Magneto and Xavier to that meeting with human leaders, you can see that he is neither comfortable nor interested in politics. He is never interested in debating or in all the bureaucracy and legislation of a country.

Furthermore, his own philosophy of "Strong rules over the weak" would deflate as soon as someone like Monarch, Vulcan or Proteus destroys him in the Arena. Apocalypse is smart enough to know that he is not Krakoa's top dog and is willing to play with it while that brings him closer to his goals (Save Arakko).

Sinister would probably receive a single vote (his own) but would love the theatricality of being in the debates and campaigning. Something like "Better the evil you know!".

Shaw would skillfully maneuver through the masses with his leadership style but at the time of fact he is just an eternal loser. He would win the vote of gullible and villains but little more.

The real debate would be between Xavier (tradition), Sunspot (raw charisma) and Jean (compassion). With perhaps a dark horse like Kid Cable if minors can vote and present themselves.

BANNED

with telepaths and advanced tech it be interesting to have psychic forums, everyone voting trough these advanced means, krakoa can for sure and it would be a hell off a good story and status quo change for the characthers and the "layout" of the islands politics.
    much better than every other cataclysmic event that CHANGES EVERYTHING 4 EVER, id love it.

I feel like apocalypse is more transparent that most people give him credit for, krakoa is a strategy that works, he can help steward the species with his morals witout trying to submit other to his will, wich he has lost every time he attempted so.

He has evolved and adapted.

It has given him the means to save arrako wich is obviously essential to the island and to the world itself, since whatever split the islands was a world ending threat that made him sacrifice his family, wich he has openly spoken about and doug also told this to xavier.

if he gets them back and turns coat, I will be very VERY upset, his current presence is 10000 times better than he has been in decades.
    Last edited by Ferro; 05-03-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I’d vote for Kurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’d vote for Kurt.
    Kurt will be Pope.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Also, I was doing a reread of everything in this barren period, and there was talk about a more stable form of government after the Quiet Council finishes its course.

Do you guys think a democracy could work on Krakoa? And who do you think would/could run for President/Council Member?
    I wondered whether this could be a future plot point at some time, that Xavier is ousted from the position for some reason, the X-Men and Magneto disgraced and then an election taking place with Apocalypse becoming total leader and running the show.

Extraordinary Member

Kurt will be Pope.
    But Kurt’s already got a great campaign slogan: Make More Mutants!!!

It’s clear the candidate working off of an orgy platform, will win.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I wondered whether this could be a future plot point at some time, that Xavier is ousted from the position for some reason, the X-Men and Magneto disgraced and then an election taking place with Apocalypse becoming total leader and running the show.
    I was going to say "I see it impossible for Krakoa to choose Apocalypse as leader in an election" but if Trump was elected in the United States, I suppose so, it is perfectly possible.