Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 156
  1. #136
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Attachment 96799


    Bobbi by Vecchio.
    Interesting choice to take some of the color out of the look.

  2. #137
    Extraordinary Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Interesting choice to take some of the color out of the look.
    More spy than super hero, I guess.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

  3. #138
    Incredible Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Interesting choice to take some of the color out of the look.
    I've seen the suit with gray instead of gold in the comics on occasion. I think it was like that most of the time when she wore it in the 2016 Mockingbird series, actually.

  4. #139
    Incredible Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    509

    Default



    Mockingbird and Wasp by Chris Giarrusso

  5. #140
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post


    Mockingbird and Wasp by Chris Giarrusso
    This is adorable! I miss his cute comics at the end of the Marvel Adventures books .

  6. #141
    Incredible Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is adorable! I miss his cute comics at the end of the Marvel Adventures books .
    I bought the collection they put out of his Mini Marvels comics, and I can read it over and over and laugh every time. He also has an Image book called G-Man which has a similar look and style, also very enjoyable.

  7. #142
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post


    Mockingbird and Wasp by Chris Giarrusso
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    I think this is the first time I've ever seen him draw Mockingbird, in any of her costumes. Back when he was still doing the little strips on the monthly Bullpen Bulletins page of all Marvel comics Bobbi was still 'dead' so he had no reason to draw her back then.

  8. #143
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    I'm worried that we haven't seen FORCE WORKS #3 in the August solicitations. Hopefully that doesn't mean it will be going digital only - that would be truly annoying with only 1 issue left in the miniseries. But since the final issue of IRON MAN 2020 is now re-solicited but FORCE WORKS #3 isn't....its a bad sign, imo.

  9. #144
    Incredible Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I'm worried that we haven't seen FORCE WORKS #3 in the August solicitations. Hopefully that doesn't mean it will be going digital only - that would be truly annoying with only 1 issue left in the miniseries. But since the final issue of IRON MAN 2020 is now re-solicited but FORCE WORKS #3 isn't....its a bad sign, imo.
    I noticed that too, but on the bright side, Force Works isn't the only Iron Man 2020 title that didn't appear in the August solicitations; Ironheart and Rescue were also missing. So maybe they're just trying to space things out.

    I think this is the first time I've ever seen him draw Mockingbird, in any of her costumes. Back when he was still doing the little strips on the monthly Bullpen Bulletins page of all Marvel comics Bobbi was still 'dead' so he had no reason to draw her back then.
    Yeah, she's not in any of his Mini Marvels strips, but I've seen commissions from him with her in it floating around the internet; for example: https://www.comicartfans.com/gallery...p?piece=887589

  10. #145
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I noticed that too, but on the bright side, Force Works isn't the only Iron Man 2020 title that didn't appear in the August solicitations; Ironheart and Rescue were also missing. So maybe they're just trying to space things out.
    Unfortunately that isn't actually good news. RESCUE was only a two issue mini - it is finishing in June or July. IRONHEART has already been announced as going digital-only - the first issue is already online.

  11. #146
    Incredible Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Unfortunately that isn't actually good news. RESCUE was only a two issue mini - it is finishing in June or July. IRONHEART has already been announced as going digital-only - the first issue is already online.
    Oh, okay.

    It's odd, though. If it were moving to digital-only, I don't see why it wouldn't have been announced with the rest of the digital titles. And I can't imagine that they'll just not release it at all, since it must have been complete or close to it before the shutdown began. But the only option left is that they're planning on releasing it in print in September...and according to the event checklist, it should be much earlier. In other words, I'm totally confused.

  12. #147
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Oh, okay.

    It's odd, though. If it were moving to digital-only, I don't see why it wouldn't have been announced with the rest of the digital titles. And I can't imagine that they'll just not release it at all, since it must have been complete or close to it before the shutdown began. But the only option left is that they're planning on releasing it in print in September...and according to the event checklist, it should be much earlier. In other words, I'm totally confused.
    I'm hoping it will still be released in print in September. The main IRON MAN 2020 book will be over by then, but FORCE WORKS is less directly linked to it than some of the other tie-ins (MACHINE MAN and RESCUE, for example) so it may not matter as much. There are a ton of books that were already solicited (ongoings, minis, one-shots and Annuals) that have not yet appeared on the revised release schedule and I'm sure there not ALL going digital only.

    In any event, if the final issue of FORCE WORKS does go digital at least it will be physically released in trade paperback format. It would just be really annoying to have to get it that way after already buying 2 of the 3 issues in floppy format.

  13. #148
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    Good news and bad news.

    The bad news is FORCE WORKS #3 is going digital-only.

    The good news is that it is being released next week, so we've got more Bobbi coming very soon!

    Now we'll just have to see how FORCE WORKS gets packaged for its TPB release. Its only a 3 issue mini, which is a bit on the short side for a trade paperback, so they'll likely combine it with something else. I expect that the MACHINE MAN mini (2 issues) will get combined with the IRON AGE one-shot, since it also has a Machine Man story in it. There's also RESCUE, IRONHEART and iWOLVERINE, all of which were 2 issues only. FORCE WORKS might get packaged with one of them.

  14. #149
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,542

    Default

    Do you feel that Spider-Man and Mockingbird had the potential to create a great team-up under a good writer? I feel that Slott threw away an incredible opportunity to connect Peter and Bobbi with their scientific skills to come up with solution to collaboratively forward the story. The one character that could linked them together is Dr. Curt Conners and Dr. Ted Salis(Man-Thing). Imagine if Peter and Bobbi was able to revert Man-Thing back to Dr. Ted Salis? The romance angle that Dan Slott did destroyed a potential partnership as it was forced...

  15. #150
    Incredible Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Good news and bad news.

    The bad news is FORCE WORKS #3 is going digital-only.

    The good news is that it is being released next week, so we've got more Bobbi coming very soon!

    Now we'll just have to see how FORCE WORKS gets packaged for its TPB release. Its only a 3 issue mini, which is a bit on the short side for a trade paperback, so they'll likely combine it with something else. I expect that the MACHINE MAN mini (2 issues) will get combined with the IRON AGE one-shot, since it also has a Machine Man story in it. There's also RESCUE, IRONHEART and iWOLVERINE, all of which were 2 issues only. FORCE WORKS might get packaged with one of them.
    I'm excited to see it so much sooner than expected, and I've been reading digitally all along, so it's great news for me, but I feel bad that it's not going to get the audience it deserves (especially since I'm guessing a lot of people are reading it for 90s nostalgia and people who have been reading comics that long tend to be paper readers.


    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Do you feel that Spider-Man and Mockingbird had the potential to create a great team-up under a good writer? I feel that Slott threw away an incredible opportunity to connect Peter and Bobbi with their scientific skills to come up with solution to collaboratively forward the story. The one character that could linked them together is Dr. Curt Conners and Dr. Ted Salis(Man-Thing). Imagine if Peter and Bobbi was able to revert Man-Thing back to Dr. Ted Salis? The romance angle that Dan Slott did destroyed a potential partnership as it was forced...
    I definitely think more could have been done with Bobbi while she was on that book, especially, like you said, because of her science background. I also think that she and Peter were much better as platonic buddies, although I don't think that's the reason she left the book. Slott was leaving anyway, and new writers generally like to switch up the supporting staff. The ironic thing is that Spencer is one of the few writers at Marvel who really likes Bobbi. (Although Slott did make her a major character in Renew Your Vows, so I guess he probably likes her, too.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •