Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Good news and bad news.

The bad news is FORCE WORKS #3 is going digital-only.

The good news is that it is being released next week, so we've got more Bobbi coming very soon!

Now we'll just have to see how FORCE WORKS gets packaged for its TPB release. Its only a 3 issue mini, which is a bit on the short side for a trade paperback, so they'll likely combine it with something else. I expect that the MACHINE MAN mini (2 issues) will get combined with the IRON AGE one-shot, since it also has a Machine Man story in it. There's also RESCUE, IRONHEART and iWOLVERINE, all of which were 2 issues only. FORCE WORKS might get packaged with one of them.
    I just want a single book that collects the entire storyline in paperback form for roughly $40-$50 cover price.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I just want a single book that collects the entire storyline in paperback form for roughly $40-$50 cover price.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they put out a complete collection like that at some point. But since I am getting the main IRON MAN 2020 book in single issues, and already picked up the MACHINE MAN 2020 miniseries and IRON AGE one-shot that way as well, I'd prefer to see FORCE WORKS released in a TPB that doesn't require me to re-buy too many books I've already bought once. Its unfortunate enough to have to do it for issues 1 and 2.

Mighty Member

Sigh...Mockingbird, my favourite Marvel heroine. I was thrilled when they released a Mockingbird series a few years back, unfortunately it didn't last long

Hopefully a new series will be given the green light in a few years.

It's a shame she was squandered in the MCU.

2020 Force Works #3 came out today!

spoilers:
    I was much happier with Bobbi's role in this issue than I had been previously with the series. I'm glad she stood up to Hill, although I still think it's funny that Hill thinks she has any right to lecture these guys considering how hugely she's screwed up and how much of a persona non grata she was such a short time ago.
    end of spoilers

Am I correct in understanding, based on spoilers:
    Bobbi's conversation with Walker on the last page, that she actually does have the plans for the Deathloks? Not that I think she would ever create Deathloks, but it's interesting that she would bother downloading them if she never planned on handing them over. If it's a deliberate choice, if she wants to study the plans for herself for whatever reason, I'd like to see that elaborated on some more.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    2020 Force Works #3 came out today!

spoilers:
    I was much happier with Bobbi's role in this issue than I had been previously with the series. I'm glad she stood up to Hill, although I still think it's funny that Hill thinks she has any right to lecture these guys considering how hugely she's screwed up and how much of a persona non grata she was such a short time ago.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, Hill royally pissed me off here--I kept hoping Bobbi was going to break her jaw just to shut her up. It wasn't that long ago Hill was off the grid and in hiding because she was not only disgraced as the former head of SHIELD but was also potentially facing charges for her illegal and immoral activities. She is one of the most inconsistent characters in the Marvel Universe though. Sometimes she is actually likable and is decent and heroic; other times she is straight up villain, and most of the time she falls somewhere inbetween. The lady needs to be prescribed some mood stabilizers, I think....

Mockingbird probably had the least to actually do out of the four main characters, but I too thought she had a good role here. She made the most of the panel time she had, even if she wasn't one of the heroes playing a key role in the battle.
    end of spoilers

Am I correct in understanding, based on spoilers:
    Bobbi's conversation with Walker on the last page, that she actually does have the plans for the Deathloks? Not that I think she would ever create Deathloks, but it's interesting that she would bother downloading them if she never planned on handing them over. If it's a deliberate choice, if she wants to study the plans for herself for whatever reason, I'd like to see that elaborated on some more.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I had the feeling that Bobbi downloaded them at first because that was her assignment, but when the time came to turn them over she made the moral decision not to. Whether she actually kept a copy of the plans or whether she erased the data after she made the decision, we'll have to wait and see if it is ever brought up again. As a scientist, I can see her being interested in the plans for curiosity's sake...but I think she'd probably want to eliminate the data to keep it from falling into the wrong hands.
    end of spoilers

Now that we know that the Skrulls and Kree spoilers:
    aren't the enemies of Earth
    end of spoilers in Empyre, is anyone hoping for anything specific from Bobbi's part in Empyre: Avengers? I, for one, would like to see her speaking in Skrull, maybe with a piece of dialogue where a Skrull asks her where she learned the language, and she says something along the lines of, "You know the Robed Witch from the ghost stories? That's me."

Astonishing Member

Now that we know that the Skrulls and Kree spoilers:
    aren't the enemies of Earth
    end of spoilers in Empyre, is anyone hoping for anything specific from Bobbi's part in Empyre: Avengers? I, for one, would like to see her speaking in Skrull, maybe with a piece of dialogue where a Skrull asks her where she learned the language, and she says something along the lines of, "You know the Robed Witch from the ghost stories? That's me."
    That would be awesome! Do we know if she's actually going to be coming face-to-face with any Skrulls in this story though? I would definitely like to see her unique history with the Skrulls touched on though, if the opportunity comes up.

That would be awesome! Do we know if she's actually going to be coming face-to-face with any Skrulls in this story though? I would definitely like to see her unique history with the Skrulls touched on though, if the opportunity comes up.
    I think the only thing we know is the solicit descriptions for the issues:

EMPYRE: AVENGERS #1: With the threat from the stars now reaching Earth, Captain America sends out the call for heroes to meet its advance across the globe! But in the far–off Antarctic Savage Land, Ka–Zar and the Agents of Wakanda have located an enemy offensive that could change the course of the conflict! Which Avengers will answer the call to this remote area and will they be able to cope with the strangeness they find there?

EMPYRE: AVENGERS #2: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes fight an intergalactic foe on three fronts! In New York, a villain from the past has been super charged with alien energy. In Mexico, old hatreds turn allies into enemies. And in the Savage Land, the soul of the jungle has been stolen and Shanna the She-Devil’s life hangs in the balance. It’s mystery, magic and mayhem, in the Mighty Marvel Manner!

EMPYRE: AVENGERS #3: Earth's Mightiest Heroes are caught in a conflict against nature itself as the soul of the Savage Land hangs in the balance. Guest-starring Ka-Zar, Shanna the She-Devil and the macabre Man-Thing!

Since Bobbi is a member of the Agents of Wakanda, one might guess that she would be in the Savage Land squad with Ka-Zar and Shanna. But all of the solicits have been pretty vague, probably to preserve the Cotati twist, so we don't know much for sure.

Yeah, I hope Bobbi gets lots of panel-time with some good action/story.

Astonishing Member

I think the only thing we know is the solicit descriptions for the issues:

EMPYRE: AVENGERS #1: With the threat from the stars now reaching Earth, Captain America sends out the call for heroes to meet its advance across the globe! But in the far–off Antarctic Savage Land, Ka–Zar and the Agents of Wakanda have located an enemy offensive that could change the course of the conflict! Which Avengers will answer the call to this remote area and will they be able to cope with the strangeness they find there?

EMPYRE: AVENGERS #2: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes fight an intergalactic foe on three fronts! In New York, a villain from the past has been super charged with alien energy. In Mexico, old hatreds turn allies into enemies. And in the Savage Land, the soul of the jungle has been stolen and Shanna the She-Devil’s life hangs in the balance. It’s mystery, magic and mayhem, in the Mighty Marvel Manner!

EMPYRE: AVENGERS #3: Earth's Mightiest Heroes are caught in a conflict against nature itself as the soul of the Savage Land hangs in the balance. Guest-starring Ka-Zar, Shanna the She-Devil and the macabre Man-Thing!

Since Bobbi is a member of the Agents of Wakanda, one might guess that she would be in the Savage Land squad with Ka-Zar and Shanna. But all of the solicits have been pretty vague, probably to preserve the Cotati twist, so we don't know much for sure.
    No, Zub has said in an interview that Bobbi is on the team with Wonder Man and Quicksilver. The Savage Land team is Scarlet Witch, Dr. Voodoo and Black Knight. Although given her history with Ka-Zar and the Savage Land it would have been fun to see her back there, it seems like whatever is going on there perhaps needs more magic-based assistance, given the trio of Avengers chosen there. I'm just as happy to see Bobbi reunited with her old WCA buddy Simon anyway (and Pietro, although she didn't have the chance to get as close to him since she had left the active WCA roster by the time Pietro joined them).

No, Zub has said in an interview that Bobbi is on the team with Wonder Man and Quicksilver. The Savage Land team is Scarlet Witch, Dr. Voodoo and Black Knight. Although given her history with Ka-Zar and the Savage Land it would have been fun to see her back there, it seems like whatever is going on there perhaps needs more magic-based assistance, given the trio of Avengers chosen there. I'm just as happy to see Bobbi reunited with her old WCA buddy Simon anyway (and Pietro, although she didn't have the chance to get as close to him since she had left the active WCA roster by the time Pietro joined them).
    Although Bobbi and Pietro did work together one time. In Avengers West Coast #83, at the end of Galactic Storm, most of the team's main roster was away, and the Human Torch came looking for help, so the reservists (including Mockingbird and Quicksilver) banded together to form a makeshift team. Unfortunately, the issue isn't up on Marvel Unlimited, so it's hard to get ahold of.

Astonishing Member

Although Bobbi and Pietro did work together one time. In Avengers West Coast #83, at the end of Galactic Storm, most of the team's main roster was away, and the Human Torch came looking for help, so the reservists (including Mockingbird and Quicksilver) banded together to form a makeshift team. Unfortunately, the issue isn't up on Marvel Unlimited, so it's hard to get ahold of.
    Pietro was also on the team of Avengers Bobbi led for a mission during SECRET EMPIRE, along with Hercules, Ant-Man and Falcon. That and AWC are probably the most they've worked together directly before this, although they've both been present for a couple of mass Avengers meetings and missions.

Given Pietro's period of insanity where he was a WCA villain for a while, Bobbi and Pietro have probably had almost as much on-panel interaction as enemies as they have as allies.

Astonishing Member

I'm a bit surprised no one has commented on EMPYRE: AVENGERS #1 yet!

I'll go very light on the spoilers for anyone who hasn't had a chance to read it yet, but it looks like Bobbi is the designated leader of her particular squad.

Under the circumstances Bobbi is using guns more than her battle staves, which is a shame since I love seeing her use the staves. Bobbi agrees with me on that point, as she comments that she prefers hand to hand but she's making an exception here.

Although her personal experiences with the Skrulls are not specifically referenced here, her hostility towards them does come out when they and the Avengers have a...disagreement over tactics. I have a feeling Bobbi will be kicking some Skrull butt (and one Skrull's butt in particular) next issue...

I'd forgotten about this issue of AWC since it seemed like one of those evergreen fill-in issues that Editors would pull out to fill up space on a month where the regularly planned issue was stalled. Not much Bobbi in it. Would this have been Skrull-Bobbi at this point? I forget the timeline of the switch...