Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Has she ever interacted with Black Panther before this series? I can’t recall a time which is why it’s my choice here.
    She encountered him a few times in cases where all active and reserve Avengers were called in (such as in WCA Annual #1 when an insane Quicksilver betrayed the team and sent the Zodiac against them; or the original Atlantis Attacks crisis, etc). Their first known encounter would have been in AVENGERS #239, after Bobbi married Clint but before she officially became an Avenger, when Panther was one of a handful of reserve members who agreed to go on The David Letterman show with Wonder Man to support his acting career.

I can't recall the two of them ever interacting directly prior to this series though. It was usually just them together in group situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    There's nothing specifically referring to her as of yet, but I also wonder if we'll see Mockingbird in the TASKMASTER miniseries. The solicit refers to "the greatest spies in the business" hunting him down for allegedly murdering Maria Hill, and that this adventure will "send ripples through every corner of the Marvel Universe's espionage community".

Bobbi is part of that espionage community, and she has history with both Taskmaster and Maria Hill from her days in the Secret Avengers. It would make sense for her to turn up.
    You know, I assumed she wouldn't show up just because it wouldn't fit the movie synergy theme, but I guess I shouldn't discount the possibility. They had an oddly sweet working relationship in Secret Avengers, but knowing him, he probably doesn't even remember.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    You know, I assumed she wouldn't show up just because it wouldn't fit the movie synergy theme, but I guess I shouldn't discount the possibility. They had an oddly sweet working relationship in Secret Avengers, but knowing him, he probably doesn't even remember.
    I doubt that the movie will have much (if any) bearing on the plot or cast of the mini -- the synergy aspect is just the fact that Taskmaster got a solo project again at all. Given that the cover image shows Coulson and Okoye (who are also not likely in the movie), I think Bobbi is fair game as much as anyone.

As for him and his spotty memory...who knows? He seems to maintain memory of his friendship with Eric O'Grady well enough, and his past with Deadpool. So he might remember his time with Mockingbird. Hard to say.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I doubt that the movie will have much (if any) bearing on the plot or cast of the mini -- the synergy aspect is just the fact that Taskmaster got a solo project again at all. Given that the cover image shows Coulson and Okoye (who are also not likely in the movie), I think Bobbi is fair game as much as anyone.
    Yeah. I did think that maybe the fact she's already in Agents of Wakanda could rule her out... but it clearly wouldn't since Okoye is also on that team (as leader, no less).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Nice! Blues and greens are definitely her color.

Astonishing Member

Nice! Blues and greens are definitely her color.
    Blues, for sure. Not so sure about green--but it works in this picture because it is the yellow light shining on the blue costume.

Very nice picture. Although I do like Bobbi's modern costumes, I do still love to see the classic Mockingbird costumes of the 80s.

I still miss the David Lopez costume...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still miss the David Lopez costume...
    Except for the fact that it was too cleavage-y to be practical with her fighting style, that suit was perfect.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I would say I'm most looking forward to Force Works. I'm excited for that mini, and the line-up is interesting. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing more of her interacting with U.S. Agent.

The Lopez costume was great, and it was such a wonderful, modern look for Bobbi. The glasses in particular were always a highlight for me.

Extraordinary Member

Walker interacted with the New Avengers just after Osborn's prison break during Bendis's Heroic Age New Avengers series (I think he was in charge of security at the Raft at the time and Daisy was chewing him out for letting Osborn escape), but I don't think that he and Bobbi had any panels together. As much as he's a jerk and an awful fit for Bobbi, she's got such a long dry spell going that I kind of want to see her have a hot one-night stand with him, no emotions involved. It's about time someone gave our girl some appreciation. Spider-Man called her his girlfriend and treated her like a sister, and, like someone said in the Hawkeye thread, the Chelsea Cain series is so far removed from continuity that it might as well not be 616. Let her make a bad choice or two and get some satisfaction out of it for once.

(Which reminds me of how Jim McCann's original plan was to have Bobbi hook up with Dominic Fortune for a while, but his run got ended early and it never happened. Sigh.)
    Walker is one of those guys who writer's don't care about maintaining any character development. They will just revert him to his earlier personality as if he has always been that way. To me he should be a Jethro Gibbs (NCIS) / Sam Gerard (The Fugitive/US Marshals) type of character at this point.

As far as him and Bobbi...do it. Would be an interesting thing that it happens...it is great for both of them...but they are both realistic that it was a stress reliever and no deep emotions behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Much as I like classic costumes...I have always had an issue the physically 'normal' characters running around with so much bare skin. When the lead starts to fly anything can happen so Bobbi, Shanna, Ka-Zar, etc...are more at risk than someone with some form of body armor covering their body.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Much as I like classic costumes...I have always had an issue the physically 'normal' characters running around with so much bare skin. When the lead starts to fly anything can happen so Bobbi, Shanna, Ka-Zar, etc...are more at risk than someone with some form of body armor covering their body.
    It was brought up back in the day that Bobbi's costume was made out of a special material that was "impervious to small arms fire," and it covered her torso, which is good. I can even buy the leotard because her fighting style includes acrobatics. But it wouldn't work nowadays.

Except for the fact that it was too cleavage-y to be practical with her fighting style, that suit was perfect.
    I thought it exposed a reasonable amount of cleavage, at least compared to other costumes, but it might not have made sense for an acrobatic fighter.
    I guess that's Bobbi in the ski mask? Could be Quake.

Mentioning this because I haven't seen any promotion for this: Alkhema (Bobbi's evil robot sister created by Ultron in Avengers West Coast) is going to have a story in one of the Iron Man 2020 tie-ins! It's called 2020 IRON AGE and it comes out March 18:

The Robot Revolution rages on! But as the fighting escalates and convictions are put to the test - is everyone committed to their cause or is there more going on than meets the eye? Don't miss out on this collection of epic adventures from both sides of the conflict featuring Machine Man, Doctor Shapiro and Alkhema. From industry legend Tom DeFalco & Nick Roche, Christopher Cantwell & Matt Horak, Fonda Lee & Damian Couceiro!

I'm not sure if the order of the characters matches the order of the creative teams.

Alkhema hasn't been around since she was killed off in AVENGERS: THE ULTRON IMPERATIVE in 2001 (there was a tease of her return in the secondary story in Avengers: Solo in 2012, but that turned out to be a false alarm), and she's so much fun, so I'm excited for this.