Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Mentioning this because I haven't seen any promotion for this: Alkhema (Bobbi's evil robot sister created by Ultron in Avengers West Coast) is going to have a story in one of the Iron Man 2020 tie-ins! It's called 2020 IRON AGE and it comes out March 18:

The Robot Revolution rages on! But as the fighting escalates and convictions are put to the test - is everyone committed to their cause or is there more going on than meets the eye? Don't miss out on this collection of epic adventures from both sides of the conflict featuring Machine Man, Doctor Shapiro and Alkhema. From industry legend Tom DeFalco & Nick Roche, Christopher Cantwell & Matt Horak, Fonda Lee & Damian Couceiro!

I'm not sure if the order of the characters matches the order of the creative teams.

Alkhema hasn't been around since she was killed off in AVENGERS: THE ULTRON IMPERATIVE in 2001 (there was a tease of her return in the secondary story in Avengers: Solo in 2012, but that turned out to be a false alarm), and she's so much fun, so I'm excited for this.
    Agreed completely! I was pleasantly surprised when Dan Slott listed Alkhema as one of the many A.I. characters who would be part of the Iron Man 2020 storyline a few months back, but her getting her own spotlight story was awesome news!

I've always enjoyed Alkhema a lot -- she's got Bobbi's scathing sarcasm and sense of humour, but wrapped up in a body that is equal to Ultron in terms of destructive potential! Between the raw power and the entertaining personality, Alkhema has the potential to be a major powerhouse villain for the Avengers...if only she could get out of Ultron's shadow.

Now that Bobbi has returned from the "dead", it would be interesting to see her and Alkhema cross paths at some point. Since Mockingbird is involved in the IM 2020 storyline too through Force Works, who knows--maybe we'll get to see it in this event!

Astonishing Member

Happy Valentine's Day!

Remember when Mockingbird met Cupid?

valentines-mockingbird.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Happy Valentine's Day!

Non-consensual...but I'm betting it was a good kiss.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Uh. This was the real Cupid, peer of Hercules? Psyche? I have no frame of reference for either, lol. Were Clint and Bobbi still married by then?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Non-consensual...but I'm betting it was a good kiss.
    It didn't have the impact Cupid was hoping...but Bobbi didn't immediately punch him in the throat, so he at least impressed her enough to not kick his ass for manhandling her like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Uh. This was the real Cupid, peer of Hercules? Psyche? I have no frame of reference for either, lol. Were Clint and Bobbi still married by then?
    Yes, the real Cupid of the Olympians. Psyche was the mortal love of his life from Greek myth. Clint and Bobbi were still married at that point -- it was during the period after they had split up, but had gotten back together and were trying to repair their marriage (same time frame as when they started training and leading the Great Lakes Avengers).

Happy Valentine's Day!

I read that story one time and it bothered me. It was too similar to what the Phantom Rider did, but played off as a funny misunderstanding that Bobbi immediately forgave him for. I guess it's possible I was missing some of the context around its publication.

Would this have not been the Skrull Bobbi? I forget when she was supposed to have replaced her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would this have not been the Skrull Bobbi? I forget when she was supposed to have replaced her.
    No, it was before that. Bobbi was replaced during WCA #90-91, when Ultron kidnapped her to create Alkhema, and this story is set in between WCA #52-53.

In other news, we have confirmation (posted by Matthew Rosenberg on Twitter) that Bobbi will be appearing in Hawkeye: Freefall!

20200216_022804.jpg

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

No, it was before that. Bobbi was replaced during WCA #90-91, when Ultron kidnapped her to create Alkhema, and this story is set in between WCA #52-53.

In other news, we have confirmation (posted by Matthew Rosenberg on Twitter) that Bobbi will be appearing in Hawkeye: Freefall!

20200216_022804.jpg
    Aww, that's great! Happy to see Mockingbird included there.

Got it.

20200216_022804.jpg
    And gets drawn by Otto Schmidt .

(That's not how I'd describe Bobbi, but okay).

Astonishing Member

I read that story one time and it bothered me. It was too similar to what the Phantom Rider did, but played off as a funny misunderstanding that Bobbi immediately forgave him for. I guess it's possible I was missing some of the context around its publication.
    Honestly, I wouldn't consider the situations that similar. There is a superficial similarity with both of them involving men abducting Bobbi and trying to seduce her away from Clint, but that's about where the similarity ends.

Cupid only kissed her--he didn't drug her into being his lover and rape her. Also Cupid was an honest misunderstanding - he was deceived into believing she was really his long lost love. He was tricked into believing that he only needed to unlock her repressed memories and then her "true" personality would emerge. Once he finally realized the truth, he backed off and even apologized to her. Phantom Rider knew who she was and didn't care - he just wanted to make her his.

I thought it was a fun story. Its better for Clint than for Bobbi though -- she doesn't really get all that much to do, other than being the object of Cupid's affection.

Bobbi by Otto Schmidt...

ERTPzxUWkAAejyl.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 02-21-2020 at 08:21 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Bobbi by Otto Schmidt...

ERTPzxUWkAAejyl.jpg
    Absolutely gorgeous .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Bobbi by Otto Schmidt...

ERTPzxUWkAAejyl.jpg
    Looks fantastic! And I am very happy that he will be having reason to draw her!