Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I hope so too spoilers:
    but I worry that Rosenberg might not remember Bobbi's special skill set when it comes to recognizing Skrulls. After all, she was with that Skrull for approximately 45 minutes and apparently didn't notice him. It seems like she didn't notice anything wrong until the Skrull slipped up and called her by her code name instead of her first name. Unless she DID know he was a Skrull and the invitation for a nightcap was bait to a trap to confront him alone for some reason...but her reaction after that doesn't support that.

Bobbi is at least now suspicious that something odd is going on and will hopefully appear in subsequent issues working to get to the bottom of it. But I think her particular experience with Skrulls was overlooked here, unfortunately. Apart from that though, this was an awesome Mockingbird appearance--which was a special treat since Rosenberg had indicated a while back that Bobbi might not appear at all or only as a cameo.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, Rosenberg really misdirected the fans with that one. He kept going back and forth on whether she would appear at all, but this was a good showing, and the way it ended implied that she and Bucky, at least, might be back.

We don't know what happened during the 45 minutes spoilers:
    the team spent chasing Ronin, and it's possible that it was all action and no time for conversation, so I can buy that she didn't catch on right away. Plus, it's been a few years, and she's probably not on as high a guard against Skrulls as she was back then. I think that she and Bucky might be able to piece together that it was a Skrull, but even if they do, that doesn't mean they'll realize that the Skrull had Clint's permission to impersonate him. It could be funny if they came to some other conclusion which leads to a misunderstanding and some shenanigans.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    We don't know what happened during the 45 minutes spoilers:
    the team spent chasing Ronin, and it's possible that it was all action and no time for conversation, so I can buy that she didn't catch on right away. Plus, it's been a few years, and she's probably not on as high a guard against Skrulls as she was back then. I think that she and Bucky might be able to piece together that it was a Skrull, but even if they do, that doesn't mean they'll realize that the Skrull had Clint's permission to impersonate him. It could be funny if they came to some other conclusion which leads to a misunderstanding and some shenanigans.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think those 45 minutes were heavy on action. I'm pretty sure once he convinced Spidey to let him go he just went home -- he was already injured by that point, and in no condition to guarantee he'd be able to evade that many heroes hunting him...especially since Falcon and Bobbi at least would both have an edge on him in terms of speed. It seems that most of those 45 minutes were spent searching the area and determining that Ronin got away.

I do agree that since time has passed Bobbi may not be as on-guard for Skrulls as she once was. It just feels like that skill set of hers was glossed over a bit when Earth's foremost expert in Skrull detection doesn't catch the Skrull in their midst who is posing as her own ex-husband. However if Skrull-Clint kept quiet enough and the team still split off into pairs so Bobbi didn't get a lot of time with him, it is plausible enough. She (and Bucky) did at least figure out something , even if they didn't figure Skrull yet.
    end of spoilers

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    If this is a tease for an upcoming issue--yay! We suspected we'd get more Mockingbird, but this implies confirmation. And Tigra too? Awesome! Maybe we can continue the WCA reunion with Wonder Man too?

Is Tigra wearing a bikini? I'm not sure if this is a look she's had before.

If this is a tease for an upcoming issue--yay! We suspected we'd get more Mockingbird, but this implies confirmation. And Tigra too? Awesome! Maybe we can continue the WCA reunion with Wonder Man too?
    As much as I would love to see Tigra in Freefall, I think that this particular sketch was just Otto indulging the fans in Twitter. He posted it in response to a couple of comments about his "patchmaster" Hawkeye drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Tigra wearing a bikini? I'm not sure if this is a look she's had before.
    It's a two-piece with a little more coverage. I think it's an original design.

Extraordinary Member

In the latest WCA she has more of a halter and boy shorts as opposed to bikini.

Bobbi in Force Works #2.

bobbi 1.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

As much as I would love to see Tigra in Freefall, I think that this particular sketch was just Otto indulging the fans in Twitter. He posted it in response to a couple of comments about his "patchmaster" Hawkeye drawing.

It's a two-piece with a little more coverage. I think it's an original design.
    Otto Schmidt Twitter sketch. I hope the design lands somewhere though. It’s a brilliant redesign.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OttoSchmi...230080/photo/1
    6AEB8820-6C3F-4113-808D-53E79F2277C3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Otto Schmidt Twitter sketch. I hope the design lands somewhere though. It’s a brilliant redesign.

I wouldn't mind it either .

Astonishing Member

Bobbi in Force Works #2.
    VERY tempted to look at that...but not gonna. My comic shop is supposed to be sending me my comics by mail next week, so I'm trying to stay spoiler free until then. But I look forward to hopefully talking about lots of Mocky goodness next week once I get my copy!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

It reminds me of the new design she got in Kelly Thompson's WCA, but with its own unique spin on it.

I like both of them -- they cover her up a bit so she's not just running around in a bikini, but still leave most of her exposed as is appropriate for her character. As Greer herself once said, the fur and stripes are her costume. No sense in covering it up more than necessary.

VERY tempted to look at that...but not gonna. My comic shop is supposed to be sending me my comics by mail next week, so I'm trying to stay spoiler free until then. But I look forward to hopefully talking about lots of Mocky goodness next week once I get my copy!
    I've been digital for a while, but I'll refrain from discussing this week's issue so as not to tempt you with spoilers.

I like both of them -- they cover her up a bit so she's not just running around in a bikini, but still leave most of her exposed as is appropriate for her character. As Greer herself once said, the fur and stripes are her costume. No sense in covering it up more than necessary.
    Yeah, this costume is a good way to show the stripes without looking too cheesecake. I didn't love the costume she had in the recent WCA, because it looked too much like something one might wear to the gym, and it doesn't seem like Greer's style. Would be great if this costume made its way to the comics.

Astonishing Member

I've been digital for a while, but I'll refrain from discussing this week's issue so as not to tempt you with spoilers.
    Thank you very much for that consideration, but as long as you use spoiler tags this week I should be able to restrain myself from peeking.

Yeah, this costume is a good way to show the stripes without looking too cheesecake. I didn't love the costume she had in the recent WCA, because it looked too much like something one might wear to the gym, and it doesn't seem like Greer's style. Would be great if this costume made its way to the comics.
    I'm still hopeful that the sketch may be a clue that Tigra is going to make a cameo or guest appearance in one of the remaining issues of HAWKEYE: FREEFALL. We'll see.

Spectacular Member

If I may ask, which Marvel email is it that you send any questions you got to? I'd like to ask when there'll be another Mockingbird solo series haha

I'm sorry, Dermie.