Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'm sorry, Dermie.
    No apology necessary, honest. You didn't do anything wrong -- and the image only shows up as a thumbnail unless I click on it to see the full image, so I did not see anything. No harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    If I may ask, which Marvel email is it that you send any questions you got to? I'd like to ask when there'll be another Mockingbird solo series haha
    It's mheroes@marvel.com, and I recommend that everyone send in a letter! With Bobbi appearing as a regular in 3 series right now (Force Works, Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda, Captain America), possibly a recurring guest in another one (Hawkeye: Freefall), and so much public fan interest in bringing the character back to the MCU, I feel like a solo series is more in reach now than it ever has been, and if we got another one, I hope that the fans and creative teams would be able to get the word out sooner and wider in order for the book to sell better this time.

Since we're on the topic, who would all of you like to see as writer or artist on a solo Mockingbird book?

For writers, I think Jed MacKay, Leah Williams, or Tom Taylor would do well with her characterization. I'd also love to see Jim McCann's vision play out, and I'm interested in seeing how he would write Bobbi now, so many years later. He wrote an amazing post-Skrull, not-quite-recovered-mentally Bobbi, and I wonder what his current Bobbi would be like, having regained a lot of the cheerful attitude she was always famous for in the past.

For art, like Ryan Ottley's style for her, Otto Schmidt's been killing it on Hawkeye: Freefall (and we know he draws a great Bobbi; plus, I wouldn't mind him bringing this new Tigra design to a Mockingbird book!), and Javier Rodriguez would also be an amazing pick.

Extraordinary Member

Bobbi adjacent on this thought as she is involved in the interaction...

I liked the interaction between her and John Walker in the last Force Works issue. Her calling him Johnny and him being less of the hard ass due to her condition.

Not saying that there is a romantic intent in it...but just 2 friends who are hard cases letting their guard down a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    spoilers:

I liked the interaction between her and John Walker in the last Force Works issue. Her calling him Johnny and him being less of the hard ass due to her condition.

Not saying that there is a romantic intent in it...but just 2 friends who are hard cases letting their guard down a little.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I just wish she had something else to do in this book. Sigh.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    It's mheroes@marvel.com, and I recommend that everyone send in a letter! With Bobbi appearing as a regular in 3 series right now (Force Works, Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda, Captain America), possibly a recurring guest in another one (Hawkeye: Freefall), and so much public fan interest in bringing the character back to the MCU, I feel like a solo series is more in reach now than it ever has been, and if we got another one, I hope that the fans and creative teams would be able to get the word out sooner and wider in order for the book to sell better this time.

Since we're on the topic, who would all of you like to see as writer or artist on a solo Mockingbird book?

For writers, I think Jed MacKay, Leah Williams, or Tom Taylor would do well with her characterization. I'd also love to see Jim McCann's vision play out, and I'm interested in seeing how he would write Bobbi now, so many years later. He wrote an amazing post-Skrull, not-quite-recovered-mentally Bobbi, and I wonder what his current Bobbi would be like, having regained a lot of the cheerful attitude she was always famous for in the past.

For art, like Ryan Ottley's style for her, Otto Schmidt's been killing it on Hawkeye: Freefall (and we know he draws a great Bobbi; plus, I wouldn't mind him bringing this new Tigra design to a Mockingbird book!), and Javier Rodriguez would also be an amazing pick.
    Thanks for the heads up. Just sent a mail in. Hopefully they got it, and read it.

Astonishing Member

I would definitely love to see Jim McCann get another shot. There are loose threads from his run that need to be resolved, and his love for the character makes him an ideal choice.

I like your other choices as well - Jed MacKay has impressed me with his work on BLACK CAT, and I've enjoyed what I've read of Leah Williams' work so far (mainly X-TREMISTS and GIANT-MAN).

I think Jeremy Whitley would do well with her too. He gave her a great role in his Secret Empire tie-in one-shot where she led a team of Avengers into the Savage Land. He also loves her enough to make her a supporting character in his UNSTOPPABLE WASP series.

I thought Nick Spencer did really well with her too in SECRET AVENGERS...as long as he doesn't try and develop the notion that Bobbi has secretly been an A.I.M. double agent all along. Let's leave that as an attempted mind game that Forson was playing with her.

I've long wanted to see Kelly Thompson write Bobbi--I was hoping she'd give us a Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) & Mockingbird team up at some point in her HAWKEYE series or in her WCA book, but it never materialized. Thompson's already got a lot on her plate though and with both a CAPTAIN MARVEL and a BLACK WIDOW series on the go, she might not want to add a 3rd "female Avenger who is also a spy" to her docket.

As for artists, I agree about Ottley, Schmidt and Rodriquez. I'd also love to see David Lopez drawing her again. Joelle Jones did a great job with her in the MOCKINGBIRD one-shot. Carmen Carnero would be great too!

I don't remember if I ever shared this here, but here's an article I wrote a while ago comparing the revenge arcs of Bobbi in the comics versus in Agents OF SHIELD:

http://doyouevencomicbook.com/2019/0...a-mockingbird/

As a huge fan of Mockingbird from the comics, it’s always nice to see how much the AoS fandom appreciates Bobbi’s television counterpart, despite the fact that she was only on the show for a season and a half. And as a latecomer to the show, when I started watching, I was incredibly curious: How good of a job did Agents of SHIELD do in adapting her character?

I want to see Bobbi as an avenger again.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

It's mheroes@marvel.com, and I recommend that everyone send in a letter! With Bobbi appearing as a regular in 3 series right now (Force Works, Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda, Captain America)
    Out of those three, which would you recommend picking up the most for Bobbi? I would consider picking up one of those titles just to have some Bobbi in my life. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Out of those three, which would you recommend picking up the most for Bobbi? I would consider picking up one of those titles just to have some Bobbi in my life. Haha.
    Well, it's definitely between Force Works and Agents of Wakanda. In Captain America, she's like one out of ten members of a team that helps Cap out, and none of them get all that much focus. In Agents of Wakanda, there's a rotating cast and she's not in every issue, but the issues that she is in (3, 4, and 7), she actually gets more character development than in Force Works. However, Force Works is only 3 issues long (only 2 are out so far) and she appears a lot on panel, so if you're in it for the art, get Force Works. (Force Works is actually a really fun book on its own, too.)

Once Empyre starts (who knows when that'll be, with the delays), she'll be part of the Agents of Wakanda team appearing in the Avengers tie-in book, as well.

Well, it's definitely between Force Works and Agents of Wakanda. In Captain America, she's like one out of ten members of a team that helps Cap out, and none of them get all that much focus. In Agents of Wakanda, there's a rotating cast and she's not in every issue, but the issues that she is in (3, 4, and 7), she actually gets more character development than in Force Works. However, Force Works is only 3 issues long (only 2 are out so far) and she appears a lot on panel, so if you're in it for the art, get Force Works. (Force Works is actually a really fun book on its own, too.)

Once Empyre starts (who knows when that'll be, with the delays), she'll be part of the Agents of Wakanda team appearing in the Avengers tie-in book, as well.
    Thank you for letting me know! I will definitely check out Force Works.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Thank you for letting me know! I will definitely check out Force Works.
    Force Works is a good comic.

Bobbis Force Works.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Force Works is a good comic.

Bobbis Force Works.jpg
    You know, reading this after having read issue #2, it's even more strange that Bobbi wasn't the one to spoilers:
    give the exposition on Ultimo in the second issue. She knew more than she got a chance to say here, and she never got to say it later, either. What's that all about?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Finally I can join in on the coversation!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Yeah, the interaction between these two has been very interesting here. We've always known the USAgent likes Bobbi (both as a friend/teammate and that he likes her), and the two of them have tended to get along fairly well...once she put him in his place over a sexist remark he made about her. It seems like they've gotten closer off-panel since the old WCA days though, with her calling him "Johnny" here (as opposed to "John"--this comes across as more intimate) and her cutting him a bit of slack in terms of some of her remarks to/about her. She still comment on his remark about her "nice parts", but it was more of a bantering reply than anything angry or offended.

I'm not sure if Rosenberg is hinting towards a romantic and/or sexual hook up developing between them or not, but he's certainly aware of USAgent's crush on her from back in the day. Regardless of whether he's intending to develop this into something or not, I do like seeing USAgent actually managing to form a friendship with one of his teammates, rather than offending and annoying everyone as he usually tends to do.

You know, reading this after having read issue #2, it's even more strange that Bobbi wasn't the one to spoilers:
    give the exposition on Ultimo in the second issue. She knew more than she got a chance to say here, and she never got to say it later, either. What's that all about?
    end of spoilers
    Since she has encountered him before, you're right that it would have seemed a bit more natural for Bobbi to do the recap for Daisy rather than USAgent. It did give Rosenberg a chance to show USAgent's professionalism though, in that he did his research.

I loved Bobbi's reaction to the final panel reveal! lol. I think that summed it up nicely.

Although Mockingbird hasn't really had much in the way of spotlight moments in the mini so far, I have appreciated how it has kept her in the action and kicking butt all the way along! Hopefully she'll get a cool moment or two next issue...although she (and most of the team) are a bit out of their league against the "Big Bad" they'll be up against. It will probably be Quake and War Machine that will have to do most of the heavy lifting.