Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Finally I can join in on the coversation!

Yeah, the interaction between these two has been very interesting here. We've always known the USAgent likes Bobbi (both as a friend/teammate and that he likes her), and the two of them have tended to get along fairly well...once she put him in his place over a sexist remark he made about her. It seems like they've gotten closer off-panel since the old WCA days though, with her calling him "Johnny" here (as opposed to "John"--this comes across as more intimate) and her cutting him a bit of slack in terms of some of her remarks to/about her. She still comment on his remark about her "nice parts", but it was more of a bantering reply than anything angry or offended.

I'm not sure if Rosenberg is hinting towards a romantic and/or sexual hook up developing between them or not, but he's certainly aware of USAgent's crush on her from back in the day. Regardless of whether he's intending to develop this into something or not, I do like seeing USAgent actually managing to form a friendship with one of his teammates, rather than offending and annoying everyone as he usually tends to do.

As I have said before...I am hoping for not. I see no problem with 2 serious operators having friendship and respect for each other...amd it does not to be flirtation between them...but as you said banter.

I just read Force Works issue 1 and 2 and loved it. Thanks for the recommendation! After finishing issue 1 and seeing the reading list of other titles I was a bit disappointed and worried. However, I was very happy that the story, at least up until the end of issue 2, is very self-contained.

Bobbi was fun to read and I loved her introduction in that book. I am definitely looking forward to reading more.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I just read Force Works issue 1 and 2 and loved it. Thanks for the recommendation! After finishing issue 1 and seeing the reading list of other titles I was a bit disappointed and worried. However, I was very happy that the story, at least up until the end of issue 2, is very self-contained.

Bobbi was fun to read and I loved her introduction in that book. I am definitely looking forward to reading more.
    Cool.

Bobbi definitely deserves a new solo series.

mockingbird.jpg

team up.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Gorgeous Bobbi.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

That outfit sure knew how to show off Bobbi's legs .

Ultimate Member

Maybe that was the idea, to get her enemies staring at her legs so intently that they wouldn't notice her fist flying at them before she knocked them out...or something along those lines...

Astonishing Member

Beautiful image of Bobbi! I think they made the cut of the costume a bit too thong-like though. With that costume Mockingbird's legs were bare...not almost everything from the belly button down.

Mockingbird & Avengers return to Savage Land in Empyre tie-in

https://www.newsarama.com/49807-jim-...vengers-1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Mockingbird & Avengers return to Savage Land in Empyre tie-in

https://www.newsarama.com/49807-jim-...vengers-1.html

Interesting that Mockingbird is lumped in as a "classic Avenger" with Vision, the Scarlet Witch, and Wonder Man, while Quicksilver and Luke Cage are described as "cult favorites." I don't know how accurate that is, but I'm not going to complain about her being described as classic.

Looking forward to the mini. I know it's another three-issue event tie-in, which means she might not get much action, but at least seeing her on panel means that she's more likely to be in people's minds, which means the odds are higher of her being put in another book, etc. I've been underwhelmed by her role (or lack thereof) in Force Works, but at least the snowball is rolling.

I hope Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda continues after Empyre. I think its status was still TBA, and with books being postponed and so much up in the air right now, I don't know if that's good for the lower-selling books because it gives them more flexibility or if it's bad because Marvel might be looking to cut out some books...but anyway, we still have this tie-in mini to look forward to, which is good news.

Mockingbird by Laura Braga.

Bobbi by Laura Braga.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Interesting that Mockingbird is lumped in as a "classic Avenger" with Vision, the Scarlet Witch, and Wonder Man, while Quicksilver and Luke Cage are described as "cult favorites." I don't know how accurate that is, but I'm not going to complain about her being described as classic.
    Yeah, I'm not sure why Pietro wouldn't fit the criteria as a "classic Avenger" when he even predates Vision on the team.

I'm not even sure if cage is a "cult favorite" given how hard Bendis pushed him during his era.

Astonishing Member

I would chalk that down to poor word choice/editing on the part of the article writer. Sadly that is an all too common problem the last few years at both Newsarama and CBR, with plenty of articles being posted without any indication of editing being done for accuracy of content, or even basic things like spelling and grammar errors.

I do agree that Mockingbird deserves to be counted as a "classic" Avenger, given that her membership stint dates back to the Roger Stern run in the 80s. But for her to be listed as "classic" and longer standing members like Quicksilver and Black Knight to be "cult favourites" is clearly nonsense. He'd have been better off just saying that the mini has a mix of classic members and cult favourites, and leave it at that without trying to name examples.

Looking forward to the mini. I know it's another three-issue event tie-in, which means she might not get much action, but at least seeing her on panel means that she's more likely to be in people's minds, which means the odds are higher of her being put in another book, etc. I've been underwhelmed by her role (or lack thereof) in Force Works, but at least the snowball is rolling.
    I am thrilled that we'll be seeing her working with Avengers again (although most of her Force Works teammates are also old teammates from her WCA days). Not that I haven't been enjoying her role in the Agents Of Wakanda, but I do miss seeing Bobbi with her old friends and colleagues. I like that she'll be reunited with Simon here. I am also very happy to see that she IS actively involved with the field missions here. When the first preview pages were just showing her as a face on a screen, I was worried that she might only have a cameo role.

Its interesting that she's not included with the Savage Land team alongside Ka-Zar, given her experience with both. Maybe her skill sets are more needed on the other mission--or maybe the Savage Land mission requires the mystics specifically, so she got bumped to another squad.

As for FORCE WORKS, its true that Bobbi hasn't had a lot of spotlight there--but she's been right there kicking butt alongside the rest of the team all the way along. I wouldn't say her role is lacking compared to anyone else's on the team.

I hope Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda continues after Empyre. I think its status was still TBA, and with books being postponed and so much up in the air right now, I don't know if that's good for the lower-selling books because it gives them more flexibility or if it's bad because Marvel might be looking to cut out some books...but anyway, we still have this tie-in mini to look forward to, which is good news.
    Yeah, I'm a bit worried about AGENTS OF WAKANDA's future as well. Given that it is a semi-regular home for both Mockingbird and Wasp, I really hope to see it continue. Not that I don't enjoy the rest of the cast as well, but those two are the big draws for me.

Birds and Archers by Otto Schmidt:

I miss Bobbi's glasses.