Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeah. I was very iffy on the notion of a separate Earth-1970; what got me to accept it is that DDC#12 mentioned that 2020 will feature a change to the Metaverse caused by an incursion by the old gods. And even there, I want really on board with the idea until I realized that the arrival of the New Gods at the start of the Bronze Age could be thought of as a singular event: Apokalypse has invaded other realities since then, most recently at the start of the New 52; but this was the first time they ever did so.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

BANNED

Not everything gets its own world. The timeline just moves Superman ahead and adjusts. Even flat out removal of certain things.
    Last edited by Mr.B; 01-05-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Agreed (to the original, pre-edited statement). Where we disagree is in what does get its own world and what doesn't.

Also, DDC specifically says that whenever the Metaverse changes, a new Earth is born. It also sets a minimum standard: this feature exists to preserve every era of Superman. Implication: whenever the timeline moves Superman ahead, the resulting adjustment adds a new Earth to the Multiverse based on what it was like before the adjustment.

Which brings up the heart of our disagreement: you're arguing that things can be lost; and in particular, you've been arguing that the things that you personally don't like have been lost. I'm arguing that the whole point of Johns' Metaversal Earths is that nothing is ever truly lost. Whether you or I or anyone else likes or hates a given element, it never disappears entirely.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 01-05-2020 at 06:36 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Astonishing Member

I love 1970 because that's when I started reading comics. But I feel everything that existed in 1970 would still be part of 1985. True that Rose and Thorn weren't even mentioned in Crisis, but they did still exist in 1985. I've always felt that 1970 - 1985 is DC's Bronze Age. Except for some characters being added or removed -- there weren't any major changes to DC in that time frame.

Ok, ok.. I am a little confused.
    This earth 1970 is supposed to be different of earth 1985. As if the changes of 1970 onward didn't happened.
    But as the metaverse explains, earth 1970 would be earth-silver age, meanwhile earth 1985 would be earth-bronze age.
    It is that the idea?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

That's the idea.
    Rogue wears rouge.