Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
Hah, now that's some pretty good stuff! Very catchy too.
I do kinda love the relatively recent trend of youtubers making original songs for anime characters. This one for the entire League of Villains is a personal favourite

spoilers:
Yeah, that was a weird difference I noticed from the initial translations to the official one, going from "I wanted to give him Preservation/Life Force back then" to "I wanted to get Erasure back then." Which I don't know if I'm looking at this the right way, but does this mean these guys were actually responsible for Shirokumo's death and were trying to kill Aizawa back then too? Because damn that's messed up.
end of spoilers
spoilers:
Still haven't read that far into Vigilantes so I don't know the whole story. But if they'd actually been trying to get Aizawa killed so they could grab his quirk I'm surprised that they'd stop after just one attempt. Maybe the doctor means that he's sad Aizawa didn't die in the same incident so they could collect his corpse too.
end of spoilers

spoilers:
I think it helps that both of them share very similar ideologies, regarding the fascination of quirks, and that both of their quirks benefitted the other. Doc's Life Force allowing AFO to live even longer than he already could, and AFO carrying a huge supply of quirks for the Doc to study. I like that AFO does really respect and treat the Doctor as an equal, since he knows how smart and useful he is, and he's not gonna treat him badly just because he's someone serving him.

There was a theory I saw which stated that one of Shigaraki's hands, which we know are his family's, is actually Nana's too. And considering the rest of the family members in that vestige scene are each holding Tomoura in the same spots their hands used to be in the real world (like his dad's being the one on the face), and you have Nana suddenly there too, grabbing the back of his head, now I'm starting to believe that may definitively be true now.

Only All Might, Gran Torino, and Tsukuchi know that Shigaraki is Nana's grandson, and since they don't really have a reason to tell him (just like they say to All Might, so as not to plant a seed of doubt that he could possibly be reasoned with), I feel like Nana herself is gonna be the one to tell Midoryia about this at some point, leading to whatever reaction he might receive. My belief is this won't lead him to change his approach and "save Shigaraki" since he doesn't have the connection like All Might did, I think it'll mainly extend to just more hatred towards AFO and how he shaped the boy.

It feels to me like the first thing he would do is probably tell Bakugo, since he's right there and would probably want to know himself, and I also imagine if they do try to run after him somehow, Todoroki, Uraraka, and the others would follow along, since I don't see them being able to get away without the others knowing, and I don't see Midoryia sitting around waiting for Shigaraki to come to him (especially in a populated city). Shoto and Ochaco I'm safe in assuming will become major players in the fights, but I'm hoping more of the others join in to assist them too.

That does make alot of sense. The ones like John and Mocha are the Nomu used to replicate quirks using the original DNA (which had AFO's Goo Warp and Twice's Duplication), and then the full body Nomus are deceased people with their original quirks in tack, plus all the new quirks added into them. I do think that sounds and works much better than there just being a replication quirk.

It has to be one of two answers, either like you mentioned, Shigaraki has had AFO within him for a while now (at the very least since before the Hideout raid), and the Doctor's experiments just reawakened it, or the Doctor had the original quirk stored within his lab all this time and gave it to him during this process. I do think the former is probably the most likely, since the idea of Decay acting as a buffer, destroying his enemies before he even has the chance to attempt to take their powers, does make sense in hindsight. Even though I know how likely it probably will end up being, I personally would prefer if AFO wasn't responsible for Tomoura getting Decay, since I think it hits a bit harder as it all being a painful accident AFO took advantage of rather than as another piece of his master plan. Though I don't hate this theory as much as some others (because this one is the most plausible so I can at least cope with that)
end of spoilers
spoilers:
I'm strangely reminded by Sanji's speech to Usopp at Enies Lobby, "There are things that I can do that you can't, and there are things that you can do that I can't." That kinda feels like the basis for the relationship between AFO and the doctor.

It would be possible for them to have Nana's hand. AFO was the last person to see her alive after all... before killing. Just tossing that hand in there without telling Shigaraki who it belongs to feels like the kind of petty over-exaggerate vengence AFO would go for just to get a kick out of it.

I believe that when Izuku finds out the truth about Shigaraki and his lineage, he'll have to take a lot of time to process what he should do and how he will handle the whole thing. They have no personal connection beyond the powers given to them and their societal roles as hero and villain, so just stopping Shigaraki makes the most sense. But All Might, Izuku's hero and most prominent father figure, wants to save Shigaraki to make up for his perceive failure towards his own master. I think it would be interesting if this put Izuku and All Might on seperate sides, like not so much that they temporarily split from each other but just to the point where they can't agree on how to deal with the issue and while the respect each others' decision there's some level of conflict there. Also, depending on how the Dabi situation turns out this could totally run parallel with that.

I wonder how much information Izuku's feeling actually gave him. Like, does he actually know where Shigaraki is, or does he just know that they guy woke up and is way more dangerous now. I too hope that whatever happens we'll see plenty of characters working with Izuku, though I mainly want to see Ochako and Iida in action with him. We've never seen all three of them working together and that's just so wrong to me. They're his real best friends *glares at Bakugo* I want that team up.

It also explains why they've seemed to limit the replication to the most useful and meaningful quirks. It just takes too much time to produce even one tiny Nomu, so they've had go for a few limited but valuable options.

Going from Float to Decay is kind of a big leap for inherited quirks, unless Shigaraki's mom had some weird ability of her own. Then again, that's exactly the kind of leap that created Eri's rewind. It is possible that AFO gave Shigaraki Decay (which makes me wonder where he got it from) but it's not impossible that Decay is Shigaraki's natural quirk that just popped up at a bad moment. Maybe there's a third option in that AFO giving Shigaraki his quirk activated a dormant gene within Shigaraki as well.
end of spoilers