Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    Holy ****, this was short and amazing, Bakugo using his brain to think of a plan and then sacrificing himself for Deku. If he isn't dead, it is possible he has just lost his quirk and now All For One is in the driving seat, by the looks of things; which means things go from bad to worse.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Holy ****, this was short and amazing, Bakugo using his brain to think of a plan and then sacrificing himself for Deku. If he isn't dead, it is possible he has just lost his quirk and now All For One is in the driving seat, by the looks of things; which means things go from bad to worse.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Doesnt look like the regular method used to steal quirks but overall this is a good progressive for Bakugo as a character but Shigi is literally too broken cause in a future fight whats Deku doing to do will he learn some super powerful offensive quirk or something? Shigi tank Endeavor strongest attack
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Sooooooo damn. I knew when I saw this everybody was gonna be freaking out online and man I was right, now that's a shot to the gut to make people even more anxious. I think it's pretty safe to say he's not dead, and probably not gonna die soon...but that doesn't mean he's out of the clear for anything else bad happening, like getting seriously crippled or getting his quirk stolen.

I really loved everything with Bakugo in the chapter, we know he's a smart analytic and planner like Midoryia, but we never really get to see him take charge, so having him clearly state to everyone what's going down and directing Endeavor and Todoroki to accomplish the goal was nice to see. Then there's that reflection thinking back to all the good One For All has brought despite it being "cursed", and the callback to the first chapter with Bakugo rushing forward to save and take the hit for Midoryia, is really great stuff. Now if we thought he was feral before...

And then there's that AFO business, now I wonder if this is a similar instance to what OFA has done, taking over temporarily as a last resort for survival, or if AFO is now just in complete control of Shigaraki. Although I can't imagine he'd be more "aggressive" or "powerful" than Shigaraki's been this whole time, if anything he'd probably just have a better knowledge on the other types of quirks he has, which he hasn't really had the chance to use.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I agree that he's most likely not dead. But there's got to be some kind of consequence to this action. Most serious injuries from that kind of stabbing can probably be treated enough on the spot to then have Recovery Girl fix the rest, none of it is as severe as what happened to Nighteye. He could still get way more serious injuries next chapter though or get pulled in and have his quirk stolen (Shigaraki having that Chekov's gun and not using it even once this arc would be a bit disappointing).

The situation really lent itself to having Bakugo go about things in a different way than he usually does. He's seriously outgunned by both Deku and Shigaraki, so just jumping into that fray would be futile. So instead he had to rely on his own quick and clever thinking and use the resources available to him, and since he knew the most about Deku's capabilities of the people present it makes sense that he could take charge since everybody else were still reeling from all the chaos. And the flashback game is on point this chapter. They all led us through Bakugo's thought process into his instinctual reaction perfectly and the image of his old bullying self right before this heroic action is great at showing that he has changed.

Whatever AFO's presence is in Shigaraki right now he most definitely knows more about the quirks in his body. Heck, Shigaraki was trying to figure out which one would be the best to use for the situation instead of just using it. It's also a devious back-up for AFO's part. In the fairly unlikely event that Shigaraki is overwhelmed by the heroes, as he was here AFO can seize control and wreck some ****. It'll be interesting to see if Shigaraki recovers enough to take back control once again or if this is just a quick burst of assistance.

And I don't know how much more feral Deku's going to get. I feel like both he and Shigaraki are reaching their current limits, especially after Deku was knocked out of his rythm there. He might absolutely go "DEKU SMASH!" again, but he might just be too exhausted and wounded and emotionally drained to anything more depending on what's happening with Bakugo. And Gigantomachia is still approaching.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 09-29-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    Doesnt look like the regular method used to steal quirks but overall this is a good progressive for Bakugo as a character but Shigi is literally too broken cause in a future fight whats Deku doing to do will he learn some super powerful offensive quirk or something? Shigi tank Endeavor strongest attack
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, that's part of the problem I starting to have with both Tomura and Giga, at the moment. They are seeming being portrayed as Invincible villains that it looks like the heroes have no chance against. So far everything the heroes are throwing at them is at best slowing them down, but it isn't stopping them.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Yeah, that's part of the problem I starting to have with both Tomura and Giga, at the moment. They are seeming being portrayed as Invincible villains that it looks like the heroes have no chance against. So far everything the heroes are throwing at them is at best slowing them down, but it isn't stopping them.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'd argue that that's the point of this arc. They're not the villains that'll get defeated this time around, rather this arc is showing us how much the students and their peers have to grow in order to overcome these seemingly insurmountable threats.

And with Shigaraki I'd say that while he is horrendously powerful in his current form he doesn't really feel invincible. His body is undercooked for sure and he's been pushed to his limits just as much as the heroes, to the point where All For One needed to step in and save his ass again through remote access (or whatever's going on there). He's grown in terms of confidence and having a clear motivation in mind, but he's still making mistakes and missing important details (like what date it is). He's still got room to grow and if anything this is the best time for the heroes to take him on since he's still figuring out his powers and his surgery isn't actually finished. If they fail to capture him now he'll just become that much more deadly next time he shows up.

Gigantomachia on the other hand is absolutely a seemingly invincible force and I'm glad that's the case. He was always built up as such and I love that he's living up to the hype. He's kinda the villain equivalent of All Might in that he's a power house so strong that he can turn the tide of any battle all on his own, and he's kinda acting as a stand in for All For One and protecting his plans.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I'd argue that that's the point of this arc. They're not the villains that'll get defeated this time around, rather this arc is showing us how much the students and their peers have to grow in order to overcome these seemingly insurmountable threats.

And with Shigaraki I'd say that while he is horrendously powerful in his current form he doesn't really feel invincible. His body is undercooked for sure and he's been pushed to his limits just as much as the heroes, to the point where All For One needed to step in and save his ass again through remote access (or whatever's going on there). He's grown in terms of confidence and having a clear motivation in mind, but he's still making mistakes and missing important details (like what date it is). He's still got room to grow and if anything this is the best time for the heroes to take him on since he's still figuring out his powers and his surgery isn't actually finished. If they fail to capture him now he'll just become that much more deadly next time he shows up.

Gigantomachia on the other hand is absolutely a seemingly invincible force and I'm glad that's the case. He was always built up as such and I love that he's living up to the hype. He's kinda the villain equivalent of All Might in that he's a power house so strong that he can turn the tide of any battle all on his own, and he's kinda acting as a stand in for All For One and protecting his plans.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I hate invincible villains and letting either of these villains get away would defeat the whole purpose of the arc which is to defeat the Paranormal Liberation Army, who so far have always managed to give the heroes the slip. Tomura as shown already has a healing factor and even without his powers his body could withstand everyone's strongest attacks. Having all the heroes and student team up to take down Gigantomachia would have been perfect, but no, for some reason they failed. At this rate there is no stopping these villains without some sort of Deus Ex Machina which would be cheap. These villains can be defeated and new villains can be introduced with a possible chance of these villains returning in the future, a jail break is always a thing in hero stories
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

I agree that he's most likely not dead. But there's got to be some kind of consequence to this action. Most serious injuries from that kind of stabbing can probably be treated enough on the spot to then have Recovery Girl fix the rest, none of it is as severe as what happened to Nighteye. He could still get way more serious injuries next chapter though or get pulled in and have his quirk stolen (Shigaraki having that Chekov's gun and not using it even once this arc would be a bit disappointing).

The situation really lent itself to having Bakugo go about things in a different way than he usually does. He's seriously outgunned by both Deku and Shigaraki, so just jumping into that fray would be futile. So instead he had to rely on his own quick and clever thinking and use the resources available to him, and since he knew the most about Deku's capabilities of the people present it makes sense that he could take charge since everybody else were still reeling from all the chaos. And the flashback game is on point this chapter. They all led us through Bakugo's thought process into his instinctual reaction perfectly and the image of his old bullying self right before this heroic action is great at showing that he has changed.

Whatever AFO's presence is in Shigaraki right now he most definitely knows more about the quirks in his body. Heck, Shigaraki was trying to figure out which one would be the best to use for the situation instead of just using it. It's also a devious back-up for AFO's part. In the fairly unlikely event that Shigaraki is overwhelmed by the heroes, as he was here AFO can seize control and wreck some ****. It'll be interesting to see if Shigaraki recovers enough to take back control once again or if this is just a quick burst of assistance.

And I don't know how much more feral Deku's going to get. I feel like both he and Shigaraki are reaching their current limits, especially after Deku was knocked out of his rythm there. He might absolutely go "DEKU SMASH!" again, but he might just be too exhausted and wounded and emotionally drained to anything more depending on what's happening with Bakugo. And Gigantomachia is still approaching.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's a small thing, but I liked how at this point nobody really cares about keeping any secrets, he's just like "Yeah Deku's using multiple quirks up there right now" and nobody's really reacting because they all know there's no time for it. Like Todoroki seems like he's slightly distressed that Bakugo seems to know what's going on but he doesn't, but also understands there's probably a good reason for that right now.

I just imagine Shigaraki's head is like he's gotten a phone for the first time with over 500 applications, and he just spends all his time scrolling through everything to find what each thing is without actually using anything, and then AFO is the original owner who knows all the secret shortcuts. As far as we're aware, it doesn't seem to be literally the same All For One who's in Tartarus right now, possessing him through some ability, but rather the vestige that exists within the quirk ala One For All, so I could see it probably being driven by just primary core drives (the quirk knowledge and trying to get One For All).

It does seem like Midoryia's at his limit, unless another quirk decides to suddenly show up again, but even then we saw how he reacted to Gran Torino and Aizawa getting brutally injured, seeing his Kacchan effectively take a bullet for him is definitively gonna cause him to scream and rage like nothing else.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I hate invincible villains and letting either of these villains get away would defeat the whole purpose of the arc which is to defeat the Paranormal Liberation Army, who so far have always managed to give the heroes the slip. Tomura as shown already has a healing factor and even without his powers his body could withstand everyone's strongest attacks. Having all the heroes and student team up to take down Gigantomachia would have been perfect, but no, for some reason they failed. At this rate there is no stopping these villains without some sort of Deus Ex Machina which would be cheap. These villains can be defeated and new villains can be introduced with a possible chance of these villains returning in the future, a jail break is always a thing in hero stories
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    What is exciting is that there isn't really a clear answer of how this arc will wrap up. It's most likely not going to be the villains winning, because then where is the story go from there? The remaining heroes left aren't going to abandon the city and leave to go into hiding, and even then how would they even do that? And then for the heroes winning, if the villains go into hiding again, it'll feel like a copy of everything else that's happened before with nothing changing, leaving pretty much the villains getting captured be all that's left, with the question of how that happens? Because even if it's gonna take far more manpower than they currently have, technically Shigaraki could be killed, but Gigantomachia there's pretty much no other way to put him down. Either the drug finally does take into effect (which I think it probably will, just end up being delayed), or he somehow gets tamed by someone else.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It's a small thing, but I liked how at this point nobody really cares about keeping any secrets, he's just like "Yeah Deku's using multiple quirks up there right now" and nobody's really reacting because they all know there's no time for it. Like Todoroki seems like he's slightly distressed that Bakugo seems to know what's going on but he doesn't, but also understands there's probably a good reason for that right now.

I just imagine Shigaraki's head is like he's gotten a phone for the first time with over 500 applications, and he just spends all his time scrolling through everything to find what each thing is without actually using anything, and then AFO is the original owner who knows all the secret shortcuts. As far as we're aware, it doesn't seem to be literally the same All For One who's in Tartarus right now, possessing him through some ability, but rather the vestige that exists within the quirk ala One For All, so I could see it probably being driven by just primary core drives (the quirk knowledge and trying to get One For All).

It does seem like Midoryia's at his limit, unless another quirk decides to suddenly show up again, but even then we saw how he reacted to Gran Torino and Aizawa getting brutally injured, seeing his Kacchan effectively take a bullet for him is definitively gonna cause him to scream and rage like nothing else.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

That is a nice little detail. No time for questions, gotta take down the super dangerous bad guy. But there will be questions at a later date and I am so looking forward to those scenes.

It's quite telling that the one vestige (if that's what it is) within Shigaraki has now made two attempts to assert control while Deku's seven vestiges just help him out when it's appropriate. It is a nice way of keeping AFO in the main story (kinda) and draws even further contrasting parallels between Deku and Shigaraki.

It wouldn't surprise me if Deku does go even more feral but that just ends up taking him out of the fight. There's lots of way that this could go down. And while all these people are wearing each other down into the dirt, Shigaraki's back-up is still approaching.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    What is exciting is that there isn't really a clear answer of how this arc will wrap up. It's most likely not going to be the villains winning, because then where is the story go from there? The remaining heroes left aren't going to abandon the city and leave to go into hiding, and even then how would they even do that? And then for the heroes winning, if the villains go into hiding again, it'll feel like a copy of everything else that's happened before with nothing changing, leaving pretty much the villains getting captured be all that's left, with the question of how that happens? Because even if it's gonna take far more manpower than they currently have, technically Shigaraki could be killed, but Gigantomachia there's pretty much no other way to put him down. Either the drug finally does take into effect (which I think it probably will, just end up being delayed), or he somehow gets tamed by someone else.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I'm imagining a sort of tie similar to how the Marineford War in One Piece ended. Bittersweet for both sides with big losses. But I'm still unsure where the villains will be after this whole thing.

A stupid possibility would be if Gigantomachia recognizes Deku as the stronger warrior and just starts hanging out with him like a loyal pet. Like he's just sitting outside the dorm house waiting for orders. But that's more crack fanfic material.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    That is a nice little detail. No time for questions, gotta take down the super dangerous bad guy. But there will be questions at a later date and I am so looking forward to those scenes.

It's quite telling that the one vestige (if that's what it is) within Shigaraki has now made two attempts to assert control while Deku's seven vestiges just help him out when it's appropriate. It is a nice way of keeping AFO in the main story (kinda) and draws even further contrasting parallels between Deku and Shigaraki.

It wouldn't surprise me if Deku does go even more feral but that just ends up taking him out of the fight. There's lots of way that this could go down. And while all these people are wearing each other down into the dirt, Shigaraki's back-up is still approaching.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'm imagining a sort of tie similar to how the Marineford War in One Piece ended. Bittersweet for both sides with big losses. But I'm still unsure where the villains will be after this whole thing.

A stupid possibility would be if Gigantomachia recognizes Deku as the stronger warrior and just starts hanging out with him like a loyal pet. Like he's just sitting outside the dorm house waiting for orders. But that's more crack fanfic material.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can imagine after this is all over we just see a scene of Midoryia all bandaged up coming out of the hospital and seeing all the other bandaged up heroes waiting out front all like "So we have some questions...."

I've actually been debating with several others about the potential of Machia doing just that. I think it mostly all depends on what he values most, power of strength or power of ideology. Since we know it wasn't just AFO and Shigaraki's immense strength that won him over, but their devotion to that specific ideology and using their power to achieve the goals, so I could see it equally being possible that he gets won over by seeing Midoryia prove the stronger man and go with him, or still remain loyal and help save him. I could also even see considering it's "AFO" in control them, seeing him getting defeated could even greater lose his faith, or could he just simply abandon Shigaraki and become his own dangerous third party. There's just so many different options they could go for (although I probably think Kirishima's drug finally kicking in is what's most likely gonna happen, I feel like they're not gonna make that a complete waste/fakeout)
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I've gathered that the next season is scheduled to air in April next year. Good news is nice news.
    spoilers:
    I can imagine after this is all over we just see a scene of Midoryia all bandaged up coming out of the hospital and seeing all the other bandaged up heroes waiting out front all like "So we have some questions...."

I've actually been debating with several others about the potential of Machia doing just that. I think it mostly all depends on what he values most, power of strength or power of ideology. Since we know it wasn't just AFO and Shigaraki's immense strength that won him over, but their devotion to that specific ideology and using their power to achieve the goals, so I could see it equally being possible that he gets won over by seeing Midoryia prove the stronger man and go with him, or still remain loyal and help save him. I could also even see considering it's "AFO" in control them, seeing him getting defeated could even greater lose his faith, or could he just simply abandon Shigaraki and become his own dangerous third party. There's just so many different options they could go for (although I probably think Kirishima's drug finally kicking in is what's most likely gonna happen, I feel like they're not gonna make that a complete waste/fakeout)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Expanding the number of people that know would be interesting. Just to see how if the class would treat him differently. Making it the reverse of his quirkless days. Instead of being looked at differently for having no quirk, he's looked at differently because he has the most special quirk of them all.

Gonna spitball another dumb idea. Izuku defeats Shigaraki and gains Gigantomachia's loyalty. But he's so messed up that he can't move, so Gigantomachia picks him up and takes him away to recover.
    end of spoilers

Started reading the manga. It's got a Naruto-esque vibe but i like it. I might prefer Vigilante's more as im closer to koichi's age than Deku's. It's easier to relate to Koichi's issues than Deku's.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-02-2020 at 02:25 PM.

I've gathered that the next season is scheduled to air in April next year. Good news is nice news.
    Had a feeling it would most likely be April, so it's good to see it confirmed. And we get a new trailer and poster! Spotlighting everyone's new winter outfits and the upcoming 1A vs. 1B battles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEaS-rTgvpQ

gpCXwOm8wYG2vDeK59K15-hLoFKlRL7kxgTqqZDeVus.jpg

spoilers:
    Gonna spitball another dumb idea. Izuku defeats Shigaraki and gains Gigantomachia's loyalty. But he's so messed up that he can't move, so Gigantomachia picks him up and takes him away to recover.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    For some reason that feels like something that you would see in a western comic book, an arc where the main character has "gone missing" and you see how everyone reacts to them gone, meanwhile they're in this tough spot either trapped or learning to get stronger on their own. Machia just straight up grabbing Midoryia and leaving would probably be the biggest WTF of this entire WTF arc.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Started reading the manga. It's got a Naruto-esque vibe but i like it. I might prefer Vigilante's more as im closer to koichi's age than Deku's. It's easier to relate to Koichi's issues than Deku's.
    That is something that makes Vigilante stand out not just from the main series but manga in general, is that Koichi's college age rather than a teen, and school itself tends to be a minor part of that story, which is honestly pretty rare in the grand scheme of things. Am very interested to see how regular MHA compares after reading Vigilantes first, with the latter being a prequel but still owing alot of narrative decisions to that original series.

But I don't want to wait 6 months

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Isn't bakugou known for combat smarts? Using his brains and planning are pretty much the norm for him.

It was surprising to see them repeat the same beat's that made Izuku worthy in All Might's eye's. Feet moving without them knowing, The will to save overriding every other sense, endangering himself in a fight he had zero hopes of winning just to save another.

bakugou just had his big come up. A true hero.

i don't think he's going die or even lose his quirk. MHA isn't the sort of show to kill off it's most popular character.

I can see him off the boards for a while but that's also the norm for bakugou who tends to do nothing for a while only to pop up do something amazing and then go back to doing nothing.

Again surprised with Kaachan Rising though I'm not sure how I feel about repeating the Deku heroic moment with Bakugou. That was a defining moment for deku
    Last edited by Fergus; 10-04-2020 at 03:26 AM.

spoilers:
    Deku goes even more rabid tearing AFO's tendrils with his hands and teeth. Also it looks like we are going to have a psychic style battle next.

The only problem is the final splash page, with Nana appearing. Her dialogue see US, yet she's the only one there (Though I betting she will change into the other users as they use their powers) but with the dialogue I was expecting to see all the One For All users appear together
    end of spoilers