Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Ochako did help get Deku and Melissa to the top of the tower, Kaminari was just used for a joke, they could have least allowed him to fry some of those robots
    But that was the only noticeable thing she did (along with having a jealousy moment) and then she had to get saved. I just wanted her to get a chance to do more in their first big screen debut. Hopefully both Ochako and the rest of the class does indeed get more of a chance to shine in Heroes Rising.

Woooooooooo. There's alot of new juicy information to dive into here!

spoilers:
    We learn that All Might couldn't find any information on the 2nd or 3rd users or their quirks (those being the silhouetted figures)

The Black Whip user is named Banyjo Daigoro, hero name: Lariat, and is the 5th user. (This isn't confirmed but it also seems to imply that Scar guy is #4 and guy with large jacket is #6, we don't know what their quirks are yet).

Bakugo points out that all the quirks are actually fairly weak, with All Might commenting how these successors were never intended to be strong, rather "they are simply the ones entrusted by those who've already been entrusted"

All Might reveals the next quirk Midoryia will have to master is "Float", which is Nana Shimura's quirk. Bakugo laughs this off saying that because he can already fly that makes him better than Midoryia and he'll keep improving way ahead of him, but Midoryia still doesn't back down.

The two rejoin up with the rest of the class as they have a celebratory dinner, with Midoryia reflecting on how much he's grown.

All Might himself reflects outside with Aizawa, regarding how he has chosen to live even though he's sad with how little he feels he can do for everyone else by now, with Aizawa stating that just being alive is enough to inspire people.

Finally, we jump forward till the end of March, where all of the heroes have seemingly vanished...
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I love the visual they have of each of the successors passing their power along like a baton, all while defeated in the rubble below All For One. Just like how AM puts it, these aren't "chosen ones". This isn't some destiny bestowed upon someone great to inherit some ultimate power, instead this is just good people trying to stop a big bad, passing the torch to try again. "Now it's your turn."

I am curious concerning the timeline of now versus when OFA was created, since they state they all died young (presumably all at the hands of AFO), and it was a surprise to Midoryia & Bakugo they were all dead, makes me believe AFO may be somewhere closer to around 150, which is still alot, but still lesser than I initially thought.

It's a shame we don't know what the other 2 confirmed quirks are yet, but since Midoryia knows it, it shouldn't be long until we find out. Him being able to fly though, that's gonna be super exciting. And you know it's gonna emerge during his battle with Shiggy, and it'll be so poetic.

Bakugo in here though is just really irritating. I assume part of it is overcompensation, being annoyed at his growth and wanting to savour any victory or clear bump he has, but it just feels like too much at once, especially considering how his reactions have been these past couple chapters. I do like that, as Midoryia also puts it, that he doesn't really fear nervous talking or arguing with Bakugo anymore, mostly just confusion. Wonder if by the end of the series he just completely snaps.

And he may have a good reason, because MAN the death flags for All Might keep rising like crazy. And that's such an ominous final page, with the good ol' Doc whistling away. Also it was very quick, but All Might mentions Aizawa postponing a meeting with Stain...so what will he have to do with all of this?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Bakugo needs his own arc, he isn't really helping Deku, so why is he even going to these One for All meanings

I loved the hotpot scene, but then we skip to March? It seems like we are rushing things a bit.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I love the visual they have of each of the successors passing their power along like a baton, all while defeated in the rubble below All For One. Just like how AM puts it, these aren't "chosen ones". This isn't some destiny bestowed upon someone great to inherit some ultimate power, instead this is just good people trying to stop a big bad, passing the torch to try again. "Now it's your turn."
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This chapter does a really good job of enforcing the idea that One For All could've been given to anybody and that this isn't a story about destiny or something like that. It's just good people doing their best to protect the innocent and fighting the biggest bad around. I really love that kind of narrative and I need more of it.

It should also alleviate some concerns about the rest of the quirks Deku will get being over-powered. He'll have a large variety of abilities, but they won't be so powerful that everybody else becomes irrelevant.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I am curious concerning the timeline of now versus when OFA was created, since they state they all died young (presumably all at the hands of AFO), and it was a surprise to Midoryia & Bakugo they were all dead, makes me believe AFO may be somewhere closer to around 150, which is still alot, but still lesser than I initially thought.

It's a shame we don't know what the other 2 confirmed quirks are yet, but since Midoryia knows it, it shouldn't be long until we find out. Him being able to fly though, that's gonna be super exciting. And you know it's gonna emerge during his battle with Shiggy, and it'll be so poetic.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    All For One's brother seemed kinda young when he died, probably because he got too uppity for his big brother. But since All For One didn't know about his brother's quirk maybe number 2 and 3 were able to keep away a lot longer than their successors because by that point All For One figured out what was going on and started actively hunting for them all.

In short, there's still a few big questions about the timeline here that need to be answered before it can be completely clarified.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Bakugo in here though is just really irritating. I assume part of it is overcompensation, being annoyed at his growth and wanting to savour any victory or clear bump he has, but it just feels like too much at once, especially considering how his reactions have been these past couple chapters. I do like that, as Midoryia also puts it, that he doesn't really fear nervous talking or arguing with Bakugo anymore, mostly just confusion. Wonder if by the end of the series he just completely snaps.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Bakugo needs his own arc, he isn't really helping Deku, so why is he even going to these One for All meanings
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, Bakugo has really been super-grating these last few chapters. Like, I just want somebody to tell to shut the **** up. He adds nothing to these meetings. And could the series stop trying to sell his interactions with Izuku as heartwarming. Because they're not.

I do like that Deku can just shrug Bakugo's stupidity off. But I also want him to be the one to tell Bakugo to shut up.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And he may have a good reason, because MAN the death flags for All Might keep rising like crazy. And that's such an ominous final page, with the good ol' Doc whistling away. Also it was very quick, but All Might mentions Aizawa postponing a meeting with Stain...so what will he have to do with all of this?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I mean, that last page raised a lot of death flags all over the board. **** is really about to hit the fan.

But yeah, this is the first real mention of Stain since Overhaul told Shigaraki he wasted Stain as a valuble tool. What could All Might want with this guy? Maybe one of the previous One For All weilders had some connection to him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I loved the hotpot scene, but then we skip to March? It seems like we are rushing things a bit.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Deku being cute with his friends will never be adorable. I am so glad we got this right before everything goes to hell.
    As for it being rushed. Horikoshi might've felt that there wasn't anything more important to go through before this part and instead of dragging it out he jumped straight to the big event. Which is fair I think.
    end of spoilers

One more silly thing you'd only think of if you were a silly shipper.
    spoilers:
    Nana Shimura's quirk is "Float", which seems to be a limited kind of flight.
    Ochako basically floats with her quirk.
    She should be Deku's floating teacher so that they can have super cute moment together walking around in the sky.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

spoilers:
    Deku being cute with his friends will never be adorable. I am so glad we got this right before everything goes to hell.
    As for it being rushed. Horikoshi might've felt that there wasn't anything more important to go through before this part and instead of dragging it out he jumped straight to the big event. Which is fair I think.
    end of spoilers

One more silly thing you'd only think of if you were a silly shipper.
    spoilers:
    Nana Shimura's quirk is "Float", which seems to be a limited kind of flight.
    Ochako basically floats with her quirk.
    She should be Deku's floating teacher so that they can have super cute moment together walking around in the sky.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There may not be anything major but it still feels strange to see everyone talking about a new term and then skipping to near the end of it. Also what about things like Eri's training and Deku learning Float? They can't exactly be glossed over.

Also it would be fun to see Ochako teach Deku and it would make sense since Ida helped with Shoot-Style.
    However don't forget Teacher/Student relationships are generally frowned about
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I'm new to the my hero academia guys. I finished the 1st volume yesterday. It was good.

spoilers:
    Midoriya was a total loser... They bullied him the all volume... lol I don't like Katsuki, how come a hero candidate was such a bully. I liked All Might, i wonder how the all for one power will be when midoriya is able to control it. Will he be just like All Might ?
    end of spoilers

I got all the volumes. I can't wait to get to the current chapters. All delish 21 volumes long read awaits me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I'm new to the my hero academia guys. I finished the 1st volume yesterday. It was good.

spoilers:
    Midoriya was a total loser... They bullied him the all volume... lol I don't like Katsuki, how come a hero candidate was such a bully. I liked All Might, i wonder how the all for one power will be when midoriya is able to control it. Will he be just like All Might ?
    end of spoilers

I got all the volumes. I can't wait to get to the current chapters. All delish 21 volumes long read awaits me.
    Glad you enjoy the series and welcome to the discussion.

You don't have to put anything related to the printed volumes in spoiler tags. Pretty much everybody here has read them and/or seen the anime as well.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He's there pretty much just because he wants to have All Might Time too, and doesn't want them to keep more secrets from him.

And I agree, I feel like Bakugo really needs his big "awakening" moment where he starts to gain a better sense of clarity, just like Todoroki during the Sports Festival and Shigaraki during the Liberation Army fight.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    All For One's brother seemed kinda young when he died, probably because he got too uppity for his big brother. But since All For One didn't know about his brother's quirk maybe number 2 and 3 were able to keep away a lot longer than their successors because by that point All For One figured out what was going on and started actively hunting for them all.

In short, there's still a few big questions about the timeline here that need to be answered before it can be completely clarified.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think since we know those 2 mystery successors are ALSO missing within One For All itself, there must be something else going on with them. My theory is that they're not there because they might actually be still alive somehow (possibly as Nomus?).

(I see the most popular theory nowadays is that #2 is actually a time-travelling Bakugo, mainly because the silhouette kind of looks like him, which I REALLY hope isn't true because that is just way too ridiculous)
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah, Bakugo has really been super-grating these last few chapters. Like, I just want somebody to tell to shut the **** up. He adds nothing to these meetings. And could the series stop trying to sell his interactions with Izuku as heartwarming. Because they're not.

I do like that Deku can just shrug Bakugo's stupidity off. But I also want him to be the one to tell Bakugo to shut up.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    What I find really funny, now looking at the official translation, is that Midoryia throws off Bakugo's complaints and insults much more easily than I was initially expecting.

"Yikes! That's no good! I better learn this quick and catch up!"
    "OR MAYBE YOU'LL PANIC, TRIGGER ANOTHER OUTBURST AND DIE!"
    "Nah, I've already got the gist of Blackwhip."
    "NO! YOU'LL DIE!"
    "You're sticking with that, huh."

Honestly, it's kind of ironic considering Bakugo hated Midoryia at the beginning because he thought he was being condescending towards him, when he was just being kind and sincere, meanwhile here he actually sounds like he's talking down to him just easily brushing off his responses.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I mean, that last page raised a lot of death flags all over the board. **** is really about to hit the fan.

But yeah, this is the first real mention of Stain since Overhaul told Shigaraki he wasted Stain as a valuble tool. What could All Might want with this guy? Maybe one of the previous One For All weilders had some connection to him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Considering their insistence on needing "every able body" ready to fight for this coming war, and now especially with all the other heroes missing, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up unleashing Stain in some "Suicide Squad-esque" situation to fight alongside everyone, since he's one of the view villains they have locked up they know for sure would be willing to fight against the LoV. Won't be surprise if this is where Gentle makes his big return too.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! Like the other poster mentioned, you don't have to worry about spoiler tags for older chapters, just discuss them freely as you want. Just make sure you don't look at all our tags, since they're all about the brand new chapters each week, and I wouldn't want you to have alot of the bigger surprises spoiled. You've got 200+ great chapters to look forward to!

I am with you on Bakugo, early in the series he was the most obnoxious thing about it, just too unlikable for me. While his attitude doesn't necessarily change going forward, he does become slightly more tolerable at least.

spoilers:
    He's there pretty much just because he wants to have All Might Time too, and doesn't want them to keep more secrets from him.

And I agree, I feel like Bakugo really needs his big "awakening" moment where he starts to gain a better sense of clarity, just like Todoroki during the Sports Festival and Shigaraki during the Liberation Army fight.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We hopefully Heroes Rising might show some development for Bakugo. Also I wonder when we will learn his new hero name, he said he has one.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And there's something to be said about All Might hoping Izuku might be a good influence on Bakugo.

I kinda want Bakugo to have like a bad year or something. Like he does things the way he's always done them but it just isn't working as well as it used to while everybody else progresses, and that builds up to a revelatory moment for him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think since we know those 2 mystery successors are ALSO missing within One For All itself, there must be something else going on with them. My theory is that they're not there because they might actually be still alive somehow (possibly as Nomus?).

(I see the most popular theory nowadays is that #2 is actually a time-travelling Bakugo, mainly because the silhouette kind of looks like him, which I REALLY hope isn't true because that is just way too ridiculous)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    All Might is still alive though and Izuku can sorta see his ghost. But that might be because he's familiar with the man.

I tend to lump the Bakugo time travel idea in the same category as "AfO is Izuku's dad" theory. They're both so crazy that they shouldn't work and I don't like either of them, but there's an inkling of me that worries that they might end up being true just based on how wacky certain other jump series got towards the end.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Considering their insistence on needing "every able body" ready to fight for this coming war, and now especially with all the other heroes missing, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up unleashing Stain in some "Suicide Squad-esque" situation to fight alongside everyone, since he's one of the view villains they have locked up they know for sure would be willing to fight against the LoV. Won't be surprise if this is where Gentle makes his big return too.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    While I would love to see a Suicide Squad: MHA edition with Stain, Gentle, La Brava and more, I'm not quite sure that's what's going on. I can get All Might being the one that they'd have to reach out to Stain, but you'd think he'd have an easier time of reaching Stain then since the government should just be able to send him right into Tartarus.

But that Suicide Squad idea is so good. Like Stain, Gentle and La Brava are obvious members. Then maybe throw in unbrainwashed Shirakumo/Kurogiri trying to find his place in the world again, and drag in the Vigilantes crew as well, or at least Knuckle Duster who probably fits this idea the best. Gaah, I want this!
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    There may not be anything major but it still feels strange to see everyone talking about a new term and then skipping to near the end of it. Also what about things like Eri's training and Deku learning Float? They can't exactly be glossed over.

Also it would be fun to see Ochako teach Deku and it would make sense since Ida helped with Shoot-Style.
    However don't forget Teacher/Student relationships are generally frowned about
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The timeskip doesn't take us to the end of the new term, it takes us to pretty much the start of if. The kids do mention that there's three months left until their second year.

As for Eri's training and the floating situation. We'll probably see flashbacks to the former and the latter might not have started yet if Izuku hasn't been able to activate the quirk.

This is less a teacher/student thing and more of a best friends helping each other and eventually falling in love because of how close they are as they find their own little world just floating in the sky. Aah, my silly shipper hearts wants this!
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Trailer for the second cour of the fourth season.

It just looks really fun. I'm hoping that the class 1A performance is like the best animated thing this whole season.

spoilers:
    All Might is still alive though and Izuku can sorta see his ghost. But that might be because he's familiar with the man.

I tend to lump the Bakugo time travel idea in the same category as "AfO is Izuku's dad" theory. They're both so crazy that they shouldn't work and I don't like either of them, but there's an inkling of me that worries that they might end up being true just based on how wacky certain other jump series got towards the end.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    AFO is Mr. Midoryia would be just as bad as *insert recent Star Wars spoilers here*, just for how dumb the "How" or "Why" answers would probably be. Plus it'll also go against All Might's whole point that the One For All successors WEREN'T linked together, that Midoryia was just another coincidence, not "destined to always be" (which would ALSO connect back to those issues with the Star Wars spoilers lol)

Horikoshi did prove not to underestimate him when it comes to twists, especially with all the Dabi teasing and then with the surprise Kurogiri reveal, so I trust him wherever it ends up going.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    While I would love to see a Suicide Squad: MHA edition with Stain, Gentle, La Brava and more, I'm not quite sure that's what's going on. I can get All Might being the one that they'd have to reach out to Stain, but you'd think he'd have an easier time of reaching Stain then since the government should just be able to send him right into Tartarus.

But that Suicide Squad idea is so good. Like Stain, Gentle and La Brava are obvious members. Then maybe throw in unbrainwashed Shirakumo/Kurogiri trying to find his place in the world again, and drag in the Vigilantes crew as well, or at least Knuckle Duster who probably fits this idea the best. Gaah, I want this!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do think we'll most likely be seeing Gentle again, since he was last seen making some agreement to work alongside the government agents, so this would be the perfect chance to unleash him. And them mentioning Stain now makes me believe he'll be involved in some way in this ongoing war.

I don't know how this would happen, but I have this idea of some point during the battle, Midoryia ends up fighting side by side with Stain and/or Gentle, and I would just think it'll be SO COOL! Also yes, this would be the best opportunity to have the Vigilantes show up in the main book.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The timeskip doesn't take us to the end of the new term, it takes us to pretty much the start of if. The kids do mention that there's three months left until their second year.

As for Eri's training and the floating situation. We'll probably see flashbacks to the former and the latter might not have started yet if Izuku hasn't been able to activate the quirk.

This is less a teacher/student thing and more of a best friends helping each other and eventually falling in love because of how close they are as they find their own little world just floating in the sky. Aah, my silly shipper hearts wants this!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The next school term starts in April, and right now we're in the last week of March, so yeah right before the new term, and right before Shiggy's reckoning is about to occur. We'll most likely be getting "Year 2" right after the "War Arc" concludes.

Also yes, I can imagine these past 2-ish months in-story are just more of the same, school, work, and training, so jumping forward will allow us to get right into the characters' gaining some progress, though not as completed, which is what I imagine will be for Midoryia and Eri. And I agree, we need Midoryia and Uraraka as floating buddies! The best way for her to make use of her rope! : p
    end of spoilers

Trailer for the second cour of the fourth season.

It just looks really fun. I'm hoping that the class 1A performance is like the best animated thing this whole season.
    It would have a lot to do given how awesome the Deku/Overhaul fight was.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I know it was a joke hence the
    end of spoilers