Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Here's something I discovered I think some might enjoy. Included in the Japanese Blu-Ray release of Season 4 was a mini light novel, written by the woman who writes the School Briefs books, called "Cultural Festival Wrap Up Party", which basically just focuses on the kids the day right after the Cultural Festival having a little get together. If you enjoyed the SB stories, I definitively recommend checking out this fan translation, seem it seems most likely this won't come over here, and it is a very cute and funny story.

https://aitaikimochi.tumblr.com/post/626905316002529280
    Coolio.

I will definitely check that out after work.
    And, in extremely recent and exciting news, this image was just posted on the main MHA website, and across their social media, heavily hinting toward a 3rd movie, with the phrase, "He will meet 'The Three Musketeers'".

Attachment 102529

https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/statu...722589697?s=20

Obvious speculation is this will focus on the main trio during their internships sometime before the events of the current arc.
    Ok, on the one hand I am always excited for more content from this series, and the movies so far have been great and tons of fun to watch, and this trio is tons of fun to watch and are generally really cool.

But if it's going to focus on these three then it's likely that characters like Ochako and Iida will be sidelined again. And again, I do love our powerhouse trio, but we've had so much of them recently and I miss the original best friends trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

But if it's going to focus on these three then it's likely that characters like Ochako and Iida will be sidelined again. And again, I do love our powerhouse trio, but we've had so much of them recently and I miss the original best friends trio.
    Honestly dynamically Bakugo, Deku and Shoto are more interesting mix of personalities and powers. Yeah Ochako and Iida should get some time in the main series( Hero Academia is the one anime adaption I am dying for them to do filler episodes I would take a whole Naruto/Bleach filler season of MHA) but I think for a movie the big three is just more interesting together.

Here's something I discovered I think some might enjoy. Included in the Japanese Blu-Ray release of Season 4 was a mini light novel, written by the woman who writes the School Briefs books, called "Cultural Festival Wrap Up Party", which basically just focuses on the kids the day right after the Cultural Festival having a little get together. If you enjoyed the SB stories, I definitively recommend checking out this fan translation, seem it seems most likely this won't come over here, and it is a very cute and funny story.

And, in extremely recent and exciting news, this image was just posted on the main MHA website, and across their social media, heavily hinting toward a 3rd movie, with the phrase, "He will meet 'The Three Musketeers'".

Attachment 102529

https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/statu...722589697?s=20

Obvious speculation is this will focus on the main trio during their internships sometime before the events of the current arc.
    I hope this doesn't impact the production of season 5.

Extraordinary Member

Read it.

It's a very cute nonsense story about the kids being kids. My favourite parts where the grocery store where Jirou and Bakugou were basically parents to a trio of rambunctious little children, the kids praising each other for a concert well performed and the whole guessing game bit (neat that Ochako wasn't portrayed as jealous of Deku meeting with Hatsume).

A sweet little tale.

I actually love watching this anime. I should give it a read sometime.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Honestly dynamically Bakugo, Deku and Shoto are more interesting mix of personalities and powers. Yeah Ochako and Iida should get some time in the main series( Hero Academia is the one anime adaption I am dying for them to do filler episodes I would take a whole Naruto/Bleach filler season of MHA) but I think for a movie the big three is just more interesting together.
    I think that they both have equal amounts of potential. But I've seen the 1A Big Three quite a lot now. I'm ready for Deku to do things with other people.

Ok, on the one hand I am always excited for more content from this series, and the movies so far have been great and tons of fun to watch, and this trio is tons of fun to watch and are generally really cool.

I am with you that it is slightly disappointed it appears to be focused on this main trio again rather than some other dynamic not touched as much, like Uraraka and Iida again, especially since we have already seen alot of those three together recently, but I also understand they are overall the most interesting to bounce off each other (also the most popular), so I can see why they go with this route. I hope that they'll throw in some other underdeveloped side characters that don't get as much screentime to highlight and bounce off the three, I think that could make things more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope this doesn't impact the production of season 5.
    Since my prediction is Season 5 will end with the Endeavor Agency arc, and that this movie appears to take place right after it, that they'll save the film's release until after the Season airs, probably like October or November, which probably will mean production wouldn't be impacted as harshly with the movie also releasing sometime in the middle. The Season 5 teaser releasing half a year before its air date also seems to indicate they started production alot earlier than usual, which should help.

Read it.

It's a very cute nonsense story about the kids being kids. My favourite parts where the grocery store where Jirou and Bakugou were basically parents to a trio of rambunctious little children, the kids praising each other for a concert well performed and the whole guessing game bit (neat that Ochako wasn't portrayed as jealous of Deku meeting with Hatsume).

A sweet little tale.
    Bakugo and Jiro as the babysitters is my absolute favourite thing, it just fits so perfectly (the Kaminari and Momo ships are obviously still better, but I actually don't mind BakugoxJiro and it is INFINITELY better than BakugoxUraraka is lol). I also really love the friendship between Midoryia and Todoroki that the writer really loves to explore and highlight in their stories, they're just so sweet. And hey, Toru gets used for something, even if a bit sneaky!

Extraordinary Member

I am with you that it is slightly disappointed it appears to be focused on this main trio again rather than some other dynamic not touched as much, like Uraraka and Iida again, especially since we have already seen alot of those three together recently, but I also understand they are overall the most interesting to bounce off each other (also the most popular), so I can see why they go with this route. I hope that they'll throw in some other underdeveloped side characters that don't get as much screentime to highlight and bounce off the three, I think that could make things more interesting.
    It does certainly make sense that we're getting this trio since, as you guess it probably takes place during the intership arc (it'll be interesting if we get a segue in one the episodes next season) so the whole thing is primed for this trio to take the spotlight. But one can always hope that they're called in to a case with some of other agencies as well. I mean, toss in Ryukyu and Hawks' agencies and you get Ochako, Tsuyu and Tokoyami in there as well.

Oh well, we're getting a third movie! That's so cool!
    Since my prediction is Season 5 will end with the Endeavor Agency arc, and that this movie appears to take place right after it, that they'll save the film's release until after the Season airs, probably like October or November, which probably will mean production wouldn't be impacted as harshly with the movie also releasing sometime in the middle. The Season 5 teaser releasing half a year before its air date also seems to indicate they started production alot earlier than usual, which should help.
    I certainly hope that's the case. The Joint Training arc and My Villain Academia are two of my favourites so I really want Bones to put their A-game on them.
    Bakugo and Jiro as the babysitters is my absolute favourite thing, it just fits so perfectly (the Kaminari and Momo ships are obviously still better, but I actually don't mind BakugoxJiro and it is INFINITELY better than BakugoxUraraka is lol). I also really love the friendship between Midoryia and Todoroki that the writer really loves to explore and highlight in their stories, they're just so sweet. And hey, Toru gets used for something, even if a bit sneaky!
    BakugouxJiro does have some funny comedy couple potential, seeing them in responsible shopping parental roles certainly helps. But yeah, Jiro has two much better options (her making the correct guess for Momo's question adds to that). I did like Shoto eagerly wanting to learn how make All Might origami, and Koda got a little bit of nice characterization this chapter. I also liked how Toru tried to cheer up Ojiro about using new conditioner for his tail hair (which nobody noticed, poor guy).

spoilers:
    I(we) have should have seen his return coming but it was still a surprise to see him. Lemillion with powers. That was a great surprise I threw my hand up in the air at that moment. Also Best Jeanist is looking surprisingly useful in the issue.
    end of spoilers

Also in the actual WSJ issue for this week, we get confirmation that the 3rd movie will be coming Summer 2021, and also that this year's Popularity Poll should be announced next week! I'm expecting the usual Bakugo, Midoryia, and Todoroki as Top 3. Kirishima, Uraraka, Iida, and Aizawa somewhere in the Top 10, since they've been in nearly all of them, and then leaving 3 wildcards. I'm feeling Shigaraki might stick in there, Mirko could potentially squeeze in as a surprise choice, and I could definitively see Hawks or Endeavor getting back in. If the reveal happened a bit earlier I would've said Dabi'd be a surefire bet.

spoilers:
    Jeanist arrives on scene, completely bonding Machia and the League in the fibres, as Bakugo and Dabi look on in surprise. Dabi continues to try and burn through, taunting Shoto as he prepares to face him. Spinner realizes that Machia can only function if given orders so still tries to wake up Shigaraki. Nejire goes to attack the two, but is suddenly burned by Dabi, who now completely crisped prepares to fight Shoto. Meanwhile, Midoryia keeps trying to push himself to get up and help everyone.

Shigaraki manages to wake up just enough to tell Machia to destroy, causing an intense growth in strength, followed by the remaining Nomus being restrained by the other Pro Heroes to suddenly change course and head toward him. Jeanist manages to keep his hold on Machia, while Dabi and Shoto take part in their fight, with Shoto calling him insane for sending that villain that nearly killed Natsuo towards them, and Dabi saying he's lost all feeling. As the Nomus are about to attack Jeanist, Midoryia screams to himself to get up and do something, feeling useless unable to do anything. When suddenly, a face emerges from the ground, effortlessly punching away the Nomus...MIRIO!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Firstly a couple little points. We get a bit more clarification on Machia, that most of his strength is centred on his loyalty and his allegiance, so without any directions he becomes so much more vulnerable. I like seeing Spinner being kind of the accidental "de facto" leader currently trying to assist Shigaraki and regain some semblance of "order" amongst the chaos. And poor Nejire, Dabi needs to stop burning people before they can do anything! Also we see really just how broken Dabi is now, when Shoto tells him Natsuo could've died and he's just "Aw that would've hurt Endeavor". That panel of the two brothers fighting was also really beautiful, can't wait to see that in colour.

I feel really bad for Midoryia, he did so much earlier to protect everyone and deal at least half of the damage to Shigaraki, yet now he's just stuck on the floor crying to himself believing he's being useless to accomplish anything. Even after everything he still needs to realize he doesn't have to take the weight of the world all on himself, and that looking in others is okay. I think if Shigaraki remains incapacitated for the rest of the fight, so will Midoryia, but if he manages to get up somehow, I feel like Deku will do one last thing by this end.

And then lastly the big thing, mf'ing Mirio out of nowhere! Not only is this probably the most genuine surprise of the arc, and a really happy one to see him finally back in action, but in the back of my head it also makes me think about what's the catch. If Eri did succeed in restoring his powers, what does this mean for everyone else? Will she just heal everyone else's injuries (it'd be funny to think that's why Aizawa thought about Eri when he cut off his leg, cause he knew she could fix it lol), or is there some limitation still to it? Either way, that's just another huge question mark and wrench thrown into the system that just makes it extremely exciting to find out what will happen next!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yes, LeMillion is back and ready to save the day!
    The main chuck of this chapter was okay. I was hoping that Bean Jeanist would have done more than just ensnare 'Machia. That sedative better work soon. Also Nejire seems to be out of the fight which sucks as she is still the member of the Big 3 without a chacne to shine.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I(we) have should have seen his return coming but it was still a surprise to see him. Lemillion with powers. That was a great surprise I threw my hand up in the air at that moment. Also Best Jeanist is looking surprisingly useful in the issue.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There was no indication whatsoever that he'd gotten his powers back or that he was going to reappear like this in the arc. Best Jeanist's reappearance was way more built up than this.

I mean, I'm glad to see Lemillion. But it is kinda out of nowhere.
    end of spoilers
    Also in the actual WSJ issue for this week, we get confirmation that the 3rd movie will be coming Summer 2021, and also that this year's Popularity Poll should be announced next week! I'm expecting the usual Bakugo, Midoryia, and Todoroki as Top 3. Kirishima, Uraraka, Iida, and Aizawa somewhere in the Top 10, since they've been in nearly all of them, and then leaving 3 wildcards. I'm feeling Shigaraki might stick in there, Mirko could potentially squeeze in as a surprise choice, and I could definitively see Hawks or Endeavor getting back in. If the reveal happened a bit earlier I would've said Dabi'd be a surefire bet.
    I hope that Shigaraki gets into a pretty high position. The character work that Horikoshi has put into him in these last few arcs deserves some popularity poll recognition. I wouldn't be surprised if Mirko gets in there.
    spoilers:
    Firstly a couple little points. We get a bit more clarification on Machia, that most of his strength is centred on his loyalty and his allegiance, so without any directions he becomes so much more vulnerable. I like seeing Spinner being kind of the accidental "de facto" leader currently trying to assist Shigaraki and regain some semblance of "order" amongst the chaos. And poor Nejire, Dabi needs to stop burning people before they can do anything! Also we see really just how broken Dabi is now, when Shoto tells him Natsuo could've died and he's just "Aw that would've hurt Endeavor". That panel of the two brothers fighting was also really beautiful, can't wait to see that in colour.

I feel really bad for Midoryia, he did so much earlier to protect everyone and deal at least half of the damage to Shigaraki, yet now he's just stuck on the floor crying to himself believing he's being useless to accomplish anything. Even after everything he still needs to realize he doesn't have to take the weight of the world all on himself, and that looking in others is okay. I think if Shigaraki remains incapacitated for the rest of the fight, so will Midoryia, but if he manages to get up somehow, I feel like Deku will do one last thing by this end.

And then lastly the big thing, mf'ing Mirio out of nowhere! Not only is this probably the most genuine surprise of the arc, and a really happy one to see him finally back in action, but in the back of my head it also makes me think about what's the catch. If Eri did succeed in restoring his powers, what does this mean for everyone else? Will she just heal everyone else's injuries (it'd be funny to think that's why Aizawa thought about Eri when he cut off his leg, cause he knew she could fix it lol), or is there some limitation still to it? Either way, that's just another huge question mark and wrench thrown into the system that just makes it extremely exciting to find out what will happen next!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do like that there is a struggle as Jeanist restrains Machia, rather than a one-sided victory for either person. Gigantomachia is an overwhelming powerhouse, probably one par with All Might himself, so Jeaniest keeping that power contained at all is impressive. And it's a neat "weakness" to give the uber-strong monster villain. He's so loyal and simple minded that without proper commands he just stops functioning. That might be key to taking him down whenever that happens.

Spinner is taking on a nice role as a kind of sane heart of the LoV, compared to Twice's more unstable charm. Between his support of Shigaraki in this chapter and his little speech to Toga when she broke off he's clearly had quite a way from his initial shut in self. It's a nice display of how even if they're all dangerous murderers, our villains have a positive influence on each other.

I really like that panel of Dabi floating in the air after burning through the threads. He just looks absolutely demonic there. And contrary to many people's hopes (including mine) Dabi is so far gone and broken that he has absolutely no regard for his family and their well being. Horikoshi is really setting up a dramatic relationship here between Shoto and Dabi and I am all for it. Give me all that angst from Shoto.

Even if Shigaraki remains motionless I can possibly see Deku using one last burst of Black Whip to capture one of the villains while the rest make their escape on Gigantomachia. But yeah, he's done so much in this battle even he currently isn't able to finish it. Just lifting Shigaraki off the ground and into the air once he got his powers back probably saved several hundreds of people (civilians and heroes), and just putting in a ton of damage on big bad after he'd gotten such a massive power-up in no mean feat. Just how Deku and his classmates will feel and generally be once this arc is over is going to be so fascinating.

On the one hand Lemillion's sudden appearance is a very surprising and very cool twist. On the other hand it comes from new dimensions of suddenly out of nowhere to the point where I'm a bit too flabbergasted to be completely in awe. It was going to happen one day, Lemillion showing up for a heroic return. But I always figured it would be much much later in the story. I remember one of the main general concerns about Eri's presence being that she could just fix every injury with her powers so the dramatic tensions would go down quite a lot. It was a valid point fixed by her being unable to properly control her powers and it generally being difficult to teach her how to control them. So it'll be interesting to see all the specifics reason why we shouldn't be concerned with that, and that'll probably involve more details about Eri's quirk which'll be nice.

And I'm sad that Nejire got taken out without accomplishing much. It's a hectic battle and lots of things going on, and she's isn't one of the main characters. But she is the only one of her group without a big moment and interesting back story fully explored. She deserves that at least at some point.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 11-30-2020 at 07:23 AM.

spoilers:
    There was no indication whatsoever that he'd gotten his powers back or that he was going to reappear like this in the arc. Best Jeanist's reappearance was way more built up than this.

I mean, I'm glad to see Lemillion. But it is kinda out of nowhere.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It is out of nowhere but they have been setting it up, And if you sit back and think about it this whole situation has been looking hopeless. My understanding of the situation is that at least one big hero or person would need to come from out of nowhere because the odds are clearly stacked against the heroes in the back of my mind I thought it would have been All Might pulling out the last bit of juice(again) and he would end up dying. My mind never went to the Eri can fix Lemillion solution and that he would be the big hero. They left the option with Eri so we know it could happen at any time. They didn't foreshadow or else would have ruined the moment, any hint that eri had control enough to do this everyone would have been expecting him at any time in stories. Honestly, this is the order of my surprise person to save the day in some way

1.All Might
    2.Hitoshi Shinso or Inasa Yoarashi or Neito Moama
    3. Stain/Gentleman Criminal
    4.Captian Celebrity/Crawler
    5. Rei todoroki

It never clicked Lemillion

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    On the one hand Lemillion's sudden appearance is a very surprising and very cool twist. On the other hand it comes from new dimensions of suddenly out of nowhere to the point where I'm a bit too flabbergasted to be completely in awe. It was going to happen one day, Lemillion showing up for a heroic return. But I always figured it would be much much later in the story. I remember one of the main general concerns about Eri's presence being that she could just fix every injury with her powers so the dramatic tensions would go down quite a lot. It was a valid point fixed by her being unable to properly control her powers and it generally being difficult to teach her how to control them. So it'll be interesting to see all the specifics reason why we shouldn't be concerned with that, and that'll probably involve more details about Eri's quirk which'll be nice.

And I'm sad that Nejire got taken out without accomplishing much. It's a hectic battle and lots of things going on, and she's isn't one of the main characters. But she is the only one of her group without a big moment and interesting back story fully explored. She deserves that at least at some point.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do agree that this does come really out of nowhere (earlier in the arc when you see All Might and Eri watching the broadcast you can see Eri's horn has shrunk again, so you could maybe see that as verrrrrrrrry subtle foreshadowing), and the possible implications it has regarding Eri's future is understandably a bit worrying. But I trust Horikoshi because he very rarely does "ass pulls" like this, and he's made other controversial decisions, like Midoryia getting 6 quirks, so far work out, so I'm willing to see where this goes and what the catch will be. Plus, Mirio's such a wonderful character just seeing him again after so long is just nice at least.

If anything, if Eri does have some semblance of control over her Quirk, and One For All secret does come out, it'll be very interesting to see the ramifications to how people will react to what these abilities can do. And add in they have Doctor Garaki arrested, his vast knowledge and scientific abilities, plus if they manage to capture Shigaraki, they could try to somehow utilize All For One for their own benefit.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It is out of nowhere but they have been setting it up, And if you sit back and think about it this whole situation has been looking hopeless. My understanding of the situation is that at least one big hero or person would need to come from out of nowhere because the odds are clearly stacked against the heroes in the back of my mind I thought it would have been All Might pulling out the last bit of juice(again) and he would end up dying. My mind never went to the Eri can fix Lemillion solution and that he would be the big hero. They left the option with Eri so we know it could happen at any time. They didn't foreshadow or else would have ruined the moment, any hint that eri had control enough to do this everyone would have been expecting him at any time in stories. Honestly, this is the order of my surprise person to save the day in some way

1.All Might
    2.Hitoshi Shinso or Inasa Yoarashi or Neito Moama
    3. Stain/Gentleman Criminal
    4.Captian Celebrity/Crawler
    5. Rei todoroki

It never clicked Lemillion
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm probably the only one who cares but it still bugs me we still have no idea where Monoma is. He's the only major player that makes sense to be in this area that hasn't appeared yet (since technically Shiketsu High is a bit further away which is why those students haven't been involved yet), and he was mentioned briefly once as being apart of another group, so I really wanna know what that group is and what they're doing. (Maybe it's possible he'll show up alongside Mirio).
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I do agree that this does come really out of nowhere (earlier in the arc when you see All Might and Eri watching the broadcast you can see Eri's horn has shrunk again, so you could maybe see that as verrrrrrrrry subtle foreshadowing), and the possible implications it has regarding Eri's future is understandably a bit worrying. But I trust Horikoshi because he very rarely does "ass pulls" like this, and he's made other controversial decisions, like Midoryia getting 6 quirks, so far work out, so I'm willing to see where this goes and what the catch will be. Plus, Mirio's such a wonderful character just seeing him again after so long is just nice at least.

If anything, if Eri does have some semblance of control over her Quirk, and One For All secret does come out, it'll be very interesting to see the ramifications to how people will react to what these abilities can do. And add in they have Doctor Garaki arrested, his vast knowledge and scientific abilities, plus if they manage to capture Shigaraki, they could try to somehow utilize All For One for their own benefit.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I absolutely do trust Horikoshi to find a proper balance for this as well. Just a bit shook is all.

Eri's powers are such a game changer in general that I can easily see her becoming the focus of at least one more arc. Like one where they have to keep her safe from villains that want her quirks for their own ends. She is after all the only source for creating quirk erasure bullets.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm probably the only one who cares but it still bugs me we still have no idea where Monoma is. He's the only major player that makes sense to be in this area that hasn't appeared yet (since technically Shiketsu High is a bit further away which is why those students haven't been involved yet), and he was mentioned briefly once as being apart of another group, so I really wanna know what that group is and what they're doing. (Maybe it's possible he'll show up alongside Mirio).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I would kinda love it if Monoma got in one of the last blows and stole a bunch of the limelight. Not only because I love the little douche-face and I think it would be hilarious. But also because an anime-only friend of mine hates Monoma, and I would love to just know that a "Monoma saves the day"-moment is approaching for him.
    end of spoilers