Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 218
  1. #136
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,519

    Default

    Loved the concert and it is great to see Eri finally smile. Hopeful Hero Too will be available to buy.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  2. #137
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the final episode ends up being. Because I can't imagine them drawing out the top ten chart bit over the two final episodes, that would be real bad pacing. And ending it on a cliffhanger would be bold as all hell. But I'm not sure I'd want that, and I don't know how well it would work pacing wise. I might actually enjoy a filler episode where we get to see how the journalist dude from the first episode of the season is doing with his book. Maybe gets some hints for things to come next season disguised as other leads he's following. I'm curious and I generally trust the anime team to make something exciting that has the viewers hooked for the next season.
    Honestly, re-reading through my books, I'm thinking it might be possible they might just straight up end on the Hood fight, and then start the next season with the aftermath/Todoroki family conversation. Seems like it's all gonna be very tight coming up within the next two weeks. I do agree I actually would've preferred getting another filler episode so we can see more experiences from the other characters, like with the Internship episode from Season 2, really wanna see more of that. I would like to see the journalist sometime again, I really appreciated how they handled that recap episode of this season. It wasn't as funny as the pool scenario, but it felt like an actual plot with some semblance of "stakes".

    spoilers:
    I wonder if the Doctor could still activate Gigantomachia. He probably has a recording with Shigaraki's voice just in case of an emergency. But he's a bit pre-occupied right now. The second he gets a window though I'm sure he'll unleash Gigantomachia on this raid.

    I makes sense that Hawks was able to take down Twice. His prodgical speed, skill, training and versetile quirk worked great against Twice's raw but unfocused numbers. Twice breaking down and fearing rejection from his friends while Hawks' unyeilding form looms over him is one of the most intense scenes so far in the series, and I was so invested that I once again cried out when Dabi entered the scene. Now, the only reason Hawks isn't a charred twitching shell of a man after that hit is because of plot, let's be honest about that. That aside, I don't see how he's getting out of this, if he can get away from Dabi's boot we've got a fight because I'm expecting Dabi to send Twice out to help on the frontline where his quirk can be the most effective. The intensity ramps up with each chapter and I am really enjoying how this is all going down so far.

    And I still love the idea of aloof bad boy Dabi rushing in to save Twice the tragic clown because he actually cares for him and their friends. I'm all like "Go Dabi, protect your found family! ...and tell us who you are please!"
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I imagine yeah, the Doctor could easily activate Gigantomachia if he needs to, but at this point he's so busy and distracted he probably doesn't have an opportunity to. Still, it is a pretty big Chekov's gun just lying there, so you KNOW its comin into play eventually, and once Shiggy awakens seems like the most obvious. Other than those two, I'm thinking of what other "Chekov's gun"/"ticking bombs" are currently in play right now. The quirk erasing bullets and the Class 1A Big Three getting involved in the main fight are the biggest I can think of. Midoryia using Float for the first time might be another.

    In terms of skill Hawks probably still outclasses Dabi as a fighter, so even with that surprise attack he'll be able to get up and put up some kind of a fight. They both are pretty cunning, in terms of utilizing their tongues and willingness to play dirty, which is also what'll make said fight interesting, as well as having specific weaknesses to limit how much they can fight, Hawks' wings versus Dabi's burning of his skin.

    I really hope we get to hear him talk about his own feelings for the League and how he feels of them, since unlike people like Twice or Toga, on the outside he's mostly acted as them being as a tool for him to use and get by rather being a true "found family". I could even easily see that distance-ness being derived from the trauma in his *previous* family and not wanting to get, shall we say, "burned" again investing in someone else. He (seemingly) still hasn't told them his true name yet, so he might not completely trust them yet.

    Watching the anime and re-reading the book and getting to, "Don't you ever think of the families?" "Thought so hard about it, it made me snap." just makes me shake more and more thinking about it all!
    end of spoilers
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  3. #138
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Honestly, re-reading through my books, I'm thinking it might be possible they might just straight up end on the Hood fight, and then start the next season with the aftermath/Todoroki family conversation. Seems like it's all gonna be very tight coming up within the next two weeks. I do agree I actually would've preferred getting another filler episode so we can see more experiences from the other characters, like with the Internship episode from Season 2, really wanna see more of that. I would like to see the journalist sometime again, I really appreciated how they handled that recap episode of this season. It wasn't as funny as the pool scenario, but it felt like an actual plot with some semblance of "stakes".
    That would be a lot of things to cover in just two episodes. Showing Eri now lives at UA, the PussyCats' visit, the top ten heroes with Hawks' big introduction, Hawks' invite to Endeavor, their walk and meeting, and finally a pretty beefy battle. I guess that it could be done, but I fear that they'd have to cut some elements that's are non-essential, and I'm always a bit disappointed when that happens, to get it done. But they do tend to go a bit further than I expected with each season and give us a hint at what's to come. So we'll see just where we end up.

    The recap episode this season was better handled than the pool episode since it introduced a fun new character and tied the recap bits into his overall purpose of being in the episode (instead of the characters just reminiscing), which gave a bit of a new perspective to those events and did a bit of extra world building. It was also kind of a neat subversion for since I initially thought that the journalist was going be a bit scummy and then it turned out he's just a big All Might fan like everybody else. So while not as funny it provided more content I'd say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I imagine yeah, the Doctor could easily activate Gigantomachia if he needs to, but at this point he's so busy and distracted he probably doesn't have an opportunity to. Still, it is a pretty big Chekov's gun just lying there, so you KNOW its comin into play eventually, and once Shiggy awakens seems like the most obvious. Other than those two, I'm thinking of what other "Chekov's gun"/"ticking bombs" are currently in play right now. The quirk erasing bullets and the Class 1A Big Three getting involved in the main fight are the biggest I can think of. Midoryia using Float for the first time might be another.

    In terms of skill Hawks probably still outclasses Dabi as a fighter, so even with that surprise attack he'll be able to get up and put up some kind of a fight. They both are pretty cunning, in terms of utilizing their tongues and willingness to play dirty, which is also what'll make said fight interesting, as well as having specific weaknesses to limit how much they can fight, Hawks' wings versus Dabi's burning of his skin.

    I really hope we get to hear him talk about his own feelings for the League and how he feels of them, since unlike people like Twice or Toga, on the outside he's mostly acted as them being as a tool for him to use and get by rather being a true "found family". I could even easily see that distance-ness being derived from the trauma in his *previous* family and not wanting to get, shall we say, "burned" again investing in someone else. He (seemingly) still hasn't told them his true name yet, so he might not completely trust them yet.

    Watching the anime and re-reading the book and getting to, "Don't you ever think of the families?" "Thought so hard about it, it made me snap." just makes me shake more and more thinking about it all!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The quirk erasure bullets are the biggest gun I'd say since we have no idea where they are or who has them. Either Shigaraki would want to use his newfound resources to start massproduce those things (or at least attempt to) or he'd give them to somebody he trusts wholeheartedly with this very valuble and supremely scarce resource while he's being operated on. Not sure who that would be to be honest.

    I can totally see Hawks as being the more skilled of the two, Dabi rarely needs to do anything besides spam loads of fire to win his fights and while he's very good at that Hawks is more creative. I'm just a bit vary of in how good of a condition Hawks should be right now. Because he took a massive gout of Dabi's blue fire to the back with like no feathers to take the brunt of the attack, and he's got no enhanced durability that we know of. If Hawks' isn't already seriously messed up by that for the rest of the fight I'll be a bit disappointed since it kinda downplays how dangerous Dabi's fire is supposed to be.

    Dabi is such a powderkeg of potential stories just waiting to erupt. It is very noticeable that he's quite far away from Endeavor and Shoto as this is all going down, so we probably shouldn't hope too much on that front. But I would love to see a bit more of the path that led him towards the League and his current outlook on the world, which could probably be done even without connecting him to the Todoroki with nothing more than hints. And I can see him being so distant being releated to whatever trauma he's suffered through. His own quirk hurts him, and who knows how long he's had to patch himself up over the years, that alone can make it hard to open up to people even when you share a goal with them. But the league creeping into being his confidents with their disjointed camraderie and loyalty would be a twisted kind of heartwarming scene.

    And I absolutely need a scene of Dabi and Shigaraki casually bonding over the topic of hating their respective father.
    end of spoilers

  4. #139
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    The quirk erasure bullets are the biggest gun I'd say since we have no idea where they are or who has them. Either Shigaraki would want to use his newfound resources to start massproduce those things (or at least attempt to) or he'd give them to somebody he trusts wholeheartedly with this very valuble and supremely scarce resource while he's being operated on. Not sure who that would be to be honest.

    I can totally see Hawks as being the more skilled of the two, Dabi rarely needs to do anything besides spam loads of fire to win his fights and while he's very good at that Hawks is more creative. I'm just a bit vary of in how good of a condition Hawks should be right now. Because he took a massive gout of Dabi's blue fire to the back with like no feathers to take the brunt of the attack, and he's got no enhanced durability that we know of. If Hawks' isn't already seriously messed up by that for the rest of the fight I'll be a bit disappointed since it kinda downplays how dangerous Dabi's fire is supposed to be.

    Dabi is such a powderkeg of potential stories just waiting to erupt. It is very noticeable that he's quite far away from Endeavor and Shoto as this is all going down, so we probably shouldn't hope too much on that front. But I would love to see a bit more of the path that led him towards the League and his current outlook on the world, which could probably be done even without connecting him to the Todoroki with nothing more than hints. And I can see him being so distant being releated to whatever trauma he's suffered through. His own quirk hurts him, and who knows how long he's had to patch himself up over the years, that alone can make it hard to open up to people even when you share a goal with them. But the league creeping into being his confidents with their disjointed camraderie and loyalty would be a twisted kind of heartwarming scene.

    And I absolutely need a scene of Dabi and Shigaraki casually bonding over the topic of hating their respective father.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I would imagine, since they have about 4 or so of them, and since the Doctor has put all his energy into perfecting Shigaraki, he hasn't mass-produced them yet, but I can very easily see somebody use one or two of them in a major last resort, and save the rest.

    I used to be on the "death flags" side for these two, but now I'm starting to think Endeavor and possibly Hawks won't be killed, but instead lose their quirks, whether by the bullets or some kind of AFO-esque ability. I think that would be extremely fascinating. We see how all the smiley energetic characters, All Might, Mirio, Ragdoll, have been able to cope with losing their quirks, so how would these two, who've build their whole identities (sometimes to a fault) around their abilities deal with that?

    Does Endeavor take this opportunity to fully be able to make up with his family, or does he feel now more than ever he can't even face them because everything he's done has been for nothing? What would Hawks do no longer being able to rely on his incredibly intuned powers. And think about it if it's Dabi who does it. If he kills his father, he becomes a martyr and will still remain a hero in everyone's eyes, but take the power away, then he just becomes a regular guy and "can't hurt anyone anymore." (I really like this idea : P)
    end of spoilers
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  5. #140
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I would imagine, since they have about 4 or so of them, and since the Doctor has put all his energy into perfecting Shigaraki, he hasn't mass-produced them yet, but I can very easily see somebody use one or two of them in a major last resort, and save the rest.

    I used to be on the "death flags" side for these two, but now I'm starting to think Endeavor and possibly Hawks won't be killed, but instead lose their quirks, whether by the bullets or some kind of AFO-esque ability. I think that would be extremely fascinating. We see how all the smiley energetic characters, All Might, Mirio, Ragdoll, have been able to cope with losing their quirks, so how would these two, who've build their whole identities (sometimes to a fault) around their abilities deal with that?

    Does Endeavor take this opportunity to fully be able to make up with his family, or does he feel now more than ever he can't even face them because everything he's done has been for nothing? What would Hawks do no longer being able to rely on his incredibly intuned powers. And think about it if it's Dabi who does it. If he kills his father, he becomes a martyr and will still remain a hero in everyone's eyes, but take the power away, then he just becomes a regular guy and "can't hurt anyone anymore." (I really like this idea : P)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can see Dabi going the extra mile to ruin Endeavor's life without killing him. If he is Touya then he's probably ready to reveal Endeavor's abuse to the entire world. That if anything would be a massive blow to society's trust in heroes. And doing that after having removed Endeavor's powers and forcing him to live with it all being for nothing would probably be the grandest revenge possible.

    Again, if Dabi is Touya. And if he remembers it all. A small theory I've had is that Dabi might suffer from partial amnesia where his resentment towards Endeavor and hero society come from his past experiences, but he can't quite remember what those experiences are. And he doesn't much mind, instead focusing on the goal of tearing it all down. But that seems quite unlikely now since it would be a copy paste of most of Shigaraki's origin.
    end of spoilers

  6. #141
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,986

    Default

    Woo man, there's alot to unpack in this chapter.

    spoilers:
    Hawks jumps him and Twice out of the way of Dabi's attack, though still leaving them both pretty burnt and worn out. Dabi cheers on Twice to go assist the others as they tag each other, but Hawks speed allows him to easily catch up to Twice. Dabi yells out Hawks' real name, Keigo Takami, leaving him really confused to wonder how he knows it, and who he even is.

    Toga and Compress are captured by one of the heroes, but are saved by Twice. They're happy to see him and ready for him to unleash his "Sad Man's Parade", until Twice starts to apologize to them. Turns out he wasn't fast enough, and Hawks succeeded in stabbing the original body, plummeting into the concrete bellow. With the clone just about to fade away, he once again apologizes for getting tricked, and returns Toga's handkerchief back to her, with her thanking him for saving her as he melts away...

    Man, this one hurts. Twice is my favourite MHA character, and this is an extremely powerful and tragic note for his journey to end on. I also really love that, in a way essentially, his last act is a heroic one, saving his friends and trying to make Toga smile, and her sincere thank you. They all truly cared for each other, and even though he was forced, and he believed he was stuck, down the wrong path, just wanted to make the people who cared for him happy. He, probably moreso than any other of the villains, embodied the potential and ideals of a hero, just completely unaware.

    It's moments like this when I'm kind of happy for MHA's low death count, because it makes the times it happens so much more sudden and more impactful.

    And they even managed to throw in another really interesting tidbit regarding the Dabi mystery, that knowing Hawk's real name is a much bigger deal than we realized. I'm really stumped about what that could mean, unless he's somehow connected to the Commissions in someway. Him cheering Twice on to help the others, and giving him a high five as he runs off, that was really nice, especially considering it gave Twice the chance to get at least one last emotional moment of reprieve.

    Also really curious where exactly Hawks is gonna go from here, physically and emotionally, other than the League gunning for him harder obviously.
    end of spoilers
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  7. #142
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,368

    Default

    I'm waiting until tomorrow's official translation. So until then I'll comment on the anime.

    They will totally go through the Endeavor + Hawks vs. Hood fight. That's more than I expected, I thought for sure that it would be a bit too much to squeeze into the season. But Bones are proving me wrong.

    They've been surprising me quite a bit with how far into the series they go with each season since the second one. So they'll probably cover the entire fight and Dabi's appearance. It'll be interesting to see exactly what kind of note they end the season on.

  8. #143
    Astonishing Member Kusanagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,864

    Default

    spoilers:
    TWICE NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Easily my favorite villain character, and one of my favorite characters in the series. Haven't commented in awhile but this one forced me to.
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

    Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

  9. #144
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,519

    Default

    spoilers:
    Poor twice, at least he managed to save and say goodbye to his friends. Hopefully they will reveal more about Dabi, especially as he seems to have links to Hawks
    end of spoilers
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  10. #145
    Mighty Member Chubistian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm waiting until tomorrow's official translation. So until then I'll comment on the anime.

    They will totally go through the Endeavor + Hawks vs. Hood fight. That's more than I expected, I thought for sure that it would be a bit too much to squeeze into the season. But Bones are proving me wrong.

    They've been surprising me quite a bit with how far into the series they go with each season since the second one. So they'll probably cover the entire fight and Dabi's appearance. It'll be interesting to see exactly what kind of note they end the season on.
    I'm happy that they are going to conclude with the Endeavor fight. The festival is my least favorite saga, so this season wouldn't have ended in a high note if they hadn't adapted the stuff with Hawks.

    About the last chapter of the manga:

    spoilers:
    Great stuff. Really sad about Twice. I like Hawks, so I hope he survives the incursion
    end of spoilers
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

    "We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

  11. #146
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Man, this one hurts. Twice is my favourite MHA character, and this is an extremely powerful and tragic note for his journey to end on. I also really love that, in a way essentially, his last act is a heroic one, saving his friends and trying to make Toga smile, and her sincere thank you. They all truly cared for each other, and even though he was forced, and he believed he was stuck, down the wrong path, just wanted to make the people who cared for him happy. He, probably moreso than any other of the villains, embodied the potential and ideals of a hero, just completely unaware.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    While it might be a bit of a naive way of thinking. I will point out that we don't get to see Twice die or exactly what it looked like when Hawks struck him down.

    There are plenty of reasons why Horikoshi could've gone with showing it like that and still kill off Twice. I just tend to mistrust fictional deaths until I see the dead body.

    But treating it like an actual case of death. It's a really good one. A tragic end to a good man's tragic life, and in the end he managed to save some of his friends. Who knows what kind of positive influence Twice might've had on the League in the long run. Now his death will just spur the core members into a revenge-driven rage. The last time a member of the League died, they helped destroy that entire organisation. They will not let this go without retribution.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    It's moments like this when I'm kind of happy for MHA's low death count, because it makes the times it happens so much more sudden and more impactful.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's also effective since it's one of the villains. Typically they're the ones that kill off characters to show how bad the situation is for the good guys, but with this the lines are blurred and I'll be honest, I kinda want to hurt Hawks for it. From a strategic standpoint taking out Twice after his persuasion attempts have failed make sense. But on an emotional level I really want Hawks to hurt
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    And they even managed to throw in another really interesting tidbit regarding the Dabi mystery, that knowing Hawk's real name is a much bigger deal than we realized. I'm really stumped about what that could mean, unless he's somehow connected to the Commissions in someway. Him cheering Twice on to help the others, and giving him a high five as he runs off, that was really nice, especially considering it gave Twice the chance to get at least one last emotional moment of reprieve.

    Also really curious where exactly Hawks is gonna go from here, physically and emotionally, other than the League gunning for him harder obviously.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wonder how guilty Dabi feels about this. Twice may have revealed tons of things to Hawks, but that's because he's a trusting sort. Dabi let Hawks in and apparently didn't clue anybody in on the fact that he doesn't trust the man, and now looks where things are going.

    Regarding the Dabi mystery, remember that nobody knows Dabi's real name as far as we can tell. If he was also connected to the commission you'd think that they would know who he is. So yeah, this adds another layer of uncertainty to the whole thing.

    He had some nice character moments with Twice this chapter, and that was sweet in its own way. But man is he reckless with whom he tosses his flames at.
    end of spoilers

  12. #147
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I'm happy that they are going to conclude with the Endeavor fight. The festival is my least favorite saga, so this season wouldn't have ended in a high note if they hadn't adapted the stuff with Hawks.
    I honestly think it would've made a bit more sense to end on the festival arc. It just ties up everything else the characters have gone through in a lovely package of emotional catharsis. The concert might be my favourite part of the season.

    Going through the Pro Hero arc feels like a bit of an odd ending for the season. But I won't complain since that means they'll have more time for the joint training arc and My Villain Academia next season, and that's great. And I imagine that Endeavor + Hawks vs. Hood is a more satisfying ending if you're more interested in action.

  13. #148
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I honestly think it would've made a bit more sense to end on the festival arc. It just ties up everything else the characters have gone through in a lovely package of emotional catharsis. The concert might be my favourite part of the season.

    Going through the Pro Hero arc feels like a bit of an odd ending for the season. But I won't complain since that means they'll have more time for the joint training arc and My Villain Academia next season, and that's great. And I imagine that Endeavor + Hawks vs. Hood is a more satisfying ending if you're more interested in action.
    I would agree since the Overhaul and Cultural Festival are fairly linked together, but I can see the argument that the Pro Hero arc being here helps bolster the Remedial Course mini arc, since its essentially a direct continuation of it, rather than just being a weird detour that even felt that way in the manga.

    I'm really wondering whether they're gonna be able to also fit the Todoroki family conversation into the last episode, or end up having to save it for the beginning of next season. I hope they can, because it's a really important note to end off on, rather than splitting em up, and based on how much they've been able to fit this whole season, at this point I'd believe anything.

    And honestly, based on how much faster the pacing for this season has been, I'm fairly certain Season 5 is gonna cover the entirety of Joint Training, League of Villains, and the Endeavor Agency arcs, leaving Season 6 to be the "War" arc currently going on.

    I think the best possible note to end the season on is a post-credits scene teasing Midoryia's vestige dream, now that would be a huge "to be continued".

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    While it might be a bit of a naive way of thinking. I will point out that we don't get to see Twice die or exactly what it looked like when Hawks struck him down.

    There are plenty of reasons why Horikoshi could've gone with showing it like that and still kill off Twice. I just tend to mistrust fictional deaths until I see the dead body.

    But treating it like an actual case of death. It's a really good one. A tragic end to a good man's tragic life, and in the end he managed to save some of his friends. Who knows what kind of positive influence Twice might've had on the League in the long run. Now his death will just spur the core members into a revenge-driven rage. The last time a member of the League died, they helped destroy that entire organisation. They will not let this go without retribution.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can get the point of not showing his body, right away at least, since Twice showing up to save Toga & Compress is meant to be a fakeout, before revealing it to be a clone. I could very well still see Toga recovering the body and taking his blood to "become Twice"/create more clones, so he can "live on" to help them in some way, but the original still being gone.
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    I wonder how guilty Dabi feels about this. Twice may have revealed tons of things to Hawks, but that's because he's a trusting sort. Dabi let Hawks in and apparently didn't clue anybody in on the fact that he doesn't trust the man, and now looks where things are going.

    Regarding the Dabi mystery, remember that nobody knows Dabi's real name as far as we can tell. If he was also connected to the commission you'd think that they would know who he is. So yeah, this adds another layer of uncertainty to the whole thing.

    He had some nice character moments with Twice this chapter, and that was sweet in its own way. But man is he reckless with whom he tosses his flames at.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, when Dabi went all "I never trusted you from the start", I'm like, yeah, well, you don't trust anybody so that doesn't mean much, and you trusted him enough to get him so deeply involved in the organization and plans. Really just seems like he was outsmarted and is trying to shirk the blame away from himself. Personality wise, Hawks and Dabi are really good foils for each other, focusing primarily on their strengths and their quips and not so much in covering their weaknesses, so good to see them really be able to butt heads for real.

    And yea, I don't like Hawks as much anymore after he did that lol He either needs to suffer and have some kind of payback, or do something incredibly heroic to make up for it (like fight a High-End one armed like everyone's new favourite bunny girl : P)
    end of spoilers
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  14. #149
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I would agree since the Overhaul and Cultural Festival are fairly linked together, but I can see the argument that the Pro Hero arc being here helps bolster the Remedial Course mini arc, since its essentially a direct continuation of it, rather than just being a weird detour that even felt that way in the manga.

    I'm really wondering whether they're gonna be able to also fit the Todoroki family conversation into the last episode, or end up having to save it for the beginning of next season. I hope they can, because it's a really important note to end off on, rather than splitting em up, and based on how much they've been able to fit this whole season, at this point I'd believe anything.
    I think that they can pull off covering both the fight and the Todoroki dinner. I just hope that they can do it without making it feel rushed. The dinner scene is so important to set up all the storylines for the entire family. Endeavor grasping with just how he should repent, Shoto's conflicted feelings about the whole thing as well as Natsuo's and Fuyumi's very different approaches to dealing with Endeavor's new outlook. Yeah, I hope that they can fit it all in somehow and make it good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    And honestly, based on how much faster the pacing for this season has been, I'm fairly certain Season 5 is gonna cover the entirety of Joint Training, League of Villains, and the Endeavor Agency arcs, leaving Season 6 to be the "War" arc currently going on.

    I think the best possible note to end the season on is a post-credits scene teasing Midoryia's vestige dream, now that would be a huge "to be continued".
    I've been pondering that too. That would be a pretty sick way to end the season.

    And it makes me wonder how long this war arc is going to last. There so many players and so many things that can happen. But it is going by at a really fast pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I can get the point of not showing his body, right away at least, since Twice showing up to save Toga & Compress is meant to be a fakeout, before revealing it to be a clone. I could very well still see Toga recovering the body and taking his blood to "become Twice"/create more clones, so he can "live on" to help them in some way, but the original still being gone.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I like that. Give Toga some more dementia and mixing in some serious grief in there while making her that much more dangerous as well. I can also see her having Mr. Compress doing his thing with Twice's body to get as much as she possibly can from it at a later point when they're not fighting an army.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, when Dabi went all "I never trusted you from the start", I'm like, yeah, well, you don't trust anybody so that doesn't mean much, and you trusted him enough to get him so deeply involved in the organization and plans. Really just seems like he was outsmarted and is trying to shirk the blame away from himself. Personality wise, Hawks and Dabi are really good foils for each other, focusing primarily on their strengths and their quips and not so much in covering their weaknesses, so good to see them really be able to butt heads for real.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I hope somebody calls Dabi out on bringing in Hawks. It would be interesting to see his reaction to that.
    I liked the dynamic they had with their strategies during the fight. Dabi went straight for large killing blows while Hawks just wanted to get out of dodge and go for the bigger threat to the overall raid because he knew he wouldn't win in a straight up fight.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    And yea, I don't like Hawks as much anymore after he did that lol He either needs to suffer and have some kind of payback, or do something incredibly heroic to make up for it (like fight a High-End one armed like everyone's new favourite bunny girl : P)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's not so much that I dislike him now. It's more that I want to see some comeupance, either somebody hurting him or Hawks feeling some real mental anguish.
    end of spoilers

  15. #150
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,519

    Default

    Hero Too is available to buy on iTunes
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •