Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Hah, now that's some pretty good stuff! Very catchy too.
    I do kinda love the relatively recent trend of youtubers making original songs for anime characters. This one for the entire League of Villains is a personal favourite

spoilers:
    Yeah, that was a weird difference I noticed from the initial translations to the official one, going from "I wanted to give him Preservation/Life Force back then" to "I wanted to get Erasure back then." Which I don't know if I'm looking at this the right way, but does this mean these guys were actually responsible for Shirokumo's death and were trying to kill Aizawa back then too? Because damn that's messed up.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Still haven't read that far into Vigilantes so I don't know the whole story. But if they'd actually been trying to get Aizawa killed so they could grab his quirk I'm surprised that they'd stop after just one attempt. Maybe the doctor means that he's sad Aizawa didn't die in the same incident so they could collect his corpse too.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I think it helps that both of them share very similar ideologies, regarding the fascination of quirks, and that both of their quirks benefitted the other. Doc's Life Force allowing AFO to live even longer than he already could, and AFO carrying a huge supply of quirks for the Doc to study. I like that AFO does really respect and treat the Doctor as an equal, since he knows how smart and useful he is, and he's not gonna treat him badly just because he's someone serving him.

There was a theory I saw which stated that one of Shigaraki's hands, which we know are his family's, is actually Nana's too. And considering the rest of the family members in that vestige scene are each holding Tomoura in the same spots their hands used to be in the real world (like his dad's being the one on the face), and you have Nana suddenly there too, grabbing the back of his head, now I'm starting to believe that may definitively be true now.

Only All Might, Gran Torino, and Tsukuchi know that Shigaraki is Nana's grandson, and since they don't really have a reason to tell him (just like they say to All Might, so as not to plant a seed of doubt that he could possibly be reasoned with), I feel like Nana herself is gonna be the one to tell Midoryia about this at some point, leading to whatever reaction he might receive. My belief is this won't lead him to change his approach and "save Shigaraki" since he doesn't have the connection like All Might did, I think it'll mainly extend to just more hatred towards AFO and how he shaped the boy.

It feels to me like the first thing he would do is probably tell Bakugo, since he's right there and would probably want to know himself, and I also imagine if they do try to run after him somehow, Todoroki, Uraraka, and the others would follow along, since I don't see them being able to get away without the others knowing, and I don't see Midoryia sitting around waiting for Shigaraki to come to him (especially in a populated city). Shoto and Ochaco I'm safe in assuming will become major players in the fights, but I'm hoping more of the others join in to assist them too.

That does make alot of sense. The ones like John and Mocha are the Nomu used to replicate quirks using the original DNA (which had AFO's Goo Warp and Twice's Duplication), and then the full body Nomus are deceased people with their original quirks in tack, plus all the new quirks added into them. I do think that sounds and works much better than there just being a replication quirk.

It has to be one of two answers, either like you mentioned, Shigaraki has had AFO within him for a while now (at the very least since before the Hideout raid), and the Doctor's experiments just reawakened it, or the Doctor had the original quirk stored within his lab all this time and gave it to him during this process. I do think the former is probably the most likely, since the idea of Decay acting as a buffer, destroying his enemies before he even has the chance to attempt to take their powers, does make sense in hindsight. Even though I know how likely it probably will end up being, I personally would prefer if AFO wasn't responsible for Tomoura getting Decay, since I think it hits a bit harder as it all being a painful accident AFO took advantage of rather than as another piece of his master plan. Though I don't hate this theory as much as some others (because this one is the most plausible so I can at least cope with that)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm strangely reminded by Sanji's speech to Usopp at Enies Lobby, "There are things that I can do that you can't, and there are things that you can do that I can't." That kinda feels like the basis for the relationship between AFO and the doctor.

It would be possible for them to have Nana's hand. AFO was the last person to see her alive after all... before killing. Just tossing that hand in there without telling Shigaraki who it belongs to feels like the kind of petty over-exaggerate vengence AFO would go for just to get a kick out of it.

I believe that when Izuku finds out the truth about Shigaraki and his lineage, he'll have to take a lot of time to process what he should do and how he will handle the whole thing. They have no personal connection beyond the powers given to them and their societal roles as hero and villain, so just stopping Shigaraki makes the most sense. But All Might, Izuku's hero and most prominent father figure, wants to save Shigaraki to make up for his perceive failure towards his own master. I think it would be interesting if this put Izuku and All Might on seperate sides, like not so much that they temporarily split from each other but just to the point where they can't agree on how to deal with the issue and while the respect each others' decision there's some level of conflict there. Also, depending on how the Dabi situation turns out this could totally run parallel with that.

I wonder how much information Izuku's feeling actually gave him. Like, does he actually know where Shigaraki is, or does he just know that they guy woke up and is way more dangerous now. I too hope that whatever happens we'll see plenty of characters working with Izuku, though I mainly want to see Ochako and Iida in action with him. We've never seen all three of them working together and that's just so wrong to me. They're his real best friends *glares at Bakugo* I want that team up.

It also explains why they've seemed to limit the replication to the most useful and meaningful quirks. It just takes too much time to produce even one tiny Nomu, so they've had go for a few limited but valuable options.

Going from Float to Decay is kind of a big leap for inherited quirks, unless Shigaraki's mom had some weird ability of her own. Then again, that's exactly the kind of leap that created Eri's rewind. It is possible that AFO gave Shigaraki Decay (which makes me wonder where he got it from) but it's not impossible that Decay is Shigaraki's natural quirk that just popped up at a bad moment. Maybe there's a third option in that AFO giving Shigaraki his quirk activated a dormant gene within Shigaraki as well.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    It would be possible for them to have Nana's hand. AFO was the last person to see her alive after all... before killing. Just tossing that hand in there without telling Shigaraki who it belongs to feels like the kind of petty over-exaggerate vengence AFO would go for just to get a kick out of it.

I believe that when Izuku finds out the truth about Shigaraki and his lineage, he'll have to take a lot of time to process what he should do and how he will handle the whole thing. They have no personal connection beyond the powers given to them and their societal roles as hero and villain, so just stopping Shigaraki makes the most sense. But All Might, Izuku's hero and most prominent father figure, wants to save Shigaraki to make up for his perceive failure towards his own master. I think it would be interesting if this put Izuku and All Might on seperate sides, like not so much that they temporarily split from each other but just to the point where they can't agree on how to deal with the issue and while the respect each others' decision there's some level of conflict there. Also, depending on how the Dabi situation turns out this could totally run parallel with that.

I wonder how much information Izuku's feeling actually gave him. Like, does he actually know where Shigaraki is, or does he just know that they guy woke up and is way more dangerous now. I too hope that whatever happens we'll see plenty of characters working with Izuku, though I mainly want to see Ochako and Iida in action with him. We've never seen all three of them working together and that's just so wrong to me. They're his real best friends *glares at Bakugo* I want that team up.

It also explains why they've seemed to limit the replication to the most useful and meaningful quirks. It just takes too much time to produce even one tiny Nomu, so they've had go for a few limited but valuable options.

Going from Float to Decay is kind of a big leap for inherited quirks, unless Shigaraki's mom had some weird ability of her own. Then again, that's exactly the kind of leap that created Eri's rewind. It is possible that AFO gave Shigaraki Decay (which makes me wonder where he got it from) but it's not impossible that Decay is Shigaraki's natural quirk that just popped up at a bad moment. Maybe there's a third option in that AFO giving Shigaraki his quirk activated a dormant gene within Shigaraki as well.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Since it seems to be all true that was her hand, I wonder if this means another theory Ive been seeing around might be true, which is that Shigaraki, through AFO, is gonna get Nana's Float, which would be pretty poetic, to see him and Midoryia both using the same quirk in different circumstances (one being a familiar yet had stolen it, and the other being a stranger yet it was entrusted).

I do think we really should see Midoryia face some kind of ideological confliction toward another hero, since it could lead him to re-think and re-examine his whole outlook on the heroes he worships, and thus the society as a whole. He's developed an understanding toward some of the villains he's faced (namely Stain and Gentle), but in terms of heroes, the closest to some form of "criticism" is Endeavor, and even then, it's only used for him to sympathize with Todoroki, rather than effecting his opinion on Endeavor. This is why I'm really hoping Hawks killing Twice doesn't get tossed to the side, because, as far as I can remember, this is the only time in the story when a hero has killed, so I would love to see what the aftermath of that would be, and the heroes and public's opinions on it. And like you mentioned, this is something Dabi could very easily utilize to his benefit.

I feel like he probably doesn't know where he is, the connection between OFA and AFO doesn't seem to be akin to something like the Force, but even despite that I don't think he would just sit around waiting and would try to do something more proactive. We do get a panel showing the Hospital isn't that far from where they are currently, so that'll probably play into things. But yeah, more of Midoryia working alongside his ACTUAL friends is something we need more of. This may be just wishful thinking, but with all the ship teasing there's been lately, and Float coming soon, feels like Uraraka is preparing to be a major player in all this soon (maybe she also learns the secret too plz).
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Since it seems to be all true that was her hand, I wonder if this means another theory Ive been seeing around might be true, which is that Shigaraki, through AFO, is gonna get Nana's Float, which would be pretty poetic, to see him and Midoryia both using the same quirk in different circumstances (one being a familiar yet had stolen it, and the other being a stranger yet it was entrusted).

I do think we really should see Midoryia face some kind of ideological confliction toward another hero, since it could lead him to re-think and re-examine his whole outlook on the heroes he worships, and thus the society as a whole. He's developed an understanding toward some of the villains he's faced (namely Stain and Gentle), but in terms of heroes, the closest to some form of "criticism" is Endeavor, and even then, it's only used for him to sympathize with Todoroki, rather than effecting his opinion on Endeavor. This is why I'm really hoping Hawks killing Twice doesn't get tossed to the side, because, as far as I can remember, this is the only time in the story when a hero has killed, so I would love to see what the aftermath of that would be, and the heroes and public's opinions on it. And like you mentioned, this is something Dabi could very easily utilize to his benefit.

I feel like he probably doesn't know where he is, the connection between OFA and AFO doesn't seem to be akin to something like the Force, but even despite that I don't think he would just sit around waiting and would try to do something more proactive. We do get a panel showing the Hospital isn't that far from where they are currently, so that'll probably play into things. But yeah, more of Midoryia working alongside his ACTUAL friends is something we need more of. This may be just wishful thinking, but with all the ship teasing there's been lately, and Float coming soon, feels like Uraraka is preparing to be a major player in all this soon (maybe she also learns the secret too plz).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That raises an interesting question. When One For All gets passed on to the next holder, does it take the previous holder's quirk with it so that they lose it at the same rate as losing One For All? Most of the know users either died soon after passing it and All Might didn't have a quirk to begin with, so that leaves the question quite open ended. And would that keep AFO from being able to steal Float from Nana before killing her?

It does certainly seem like Izuku being in conflict with a pro-hero, or more than one, is in the cards with how things being built up. Maybe not with this arc, but somewhere down the line. As long as it doesn't hamper his desire to do good and help people, just have him disagree with others on what that really means. And yeah, I also hope that there's some significant fallout from Hawks killing Twice, considering how strictly these things are regulated. I wonder if Hawks himself will want it to be publicly disclosed or if he just doesn't care one way or the other.

When Uraraka does learn the secret I really want it to be because Izuku openly tells her, as opposed to Bakugo who had to piece it together with some information from Izuku. And yes, I want Float + shipping to be a thing. Have the two of them take to the sky to fight together or something, and Uraraka helps Izuku with air movement and stuff. Please!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    That raises an interesting question. When One For All gets passed on to the next holder, does it take the previous holder's quirk with it so that they lose it at the same rate as losing One For All? Most of the know users either died soon after passing it and All Might didn't have a quirk to begin with, so that leaves the question quite open ended. And would that keep AFO from being able to steal Float from Nana before killing her?

It does certainly seem like Izuku being in conflict with a pro-hero, or more than one, is in the cards with how things being built up. Maybe not with this arc, but somewhere down the line. As long as it doesn't hamper his desire to do good and help people, just have him disagree with others on what that really means. And yeah, I also hope that there's some significant fallout from Hawks killing Twice, considering how strictly these things are regulated. I wonder if Hawks himself will want it to be publicly disclosed or if he just doesn't care one way or the other.

When Uraraka does learn the secret I really want it to be because Izuku openly tells her, as opposed to Bakugo who had to piece it together with some information from Izuku. And yes, I want Float + shipping to be a thing. Have the two of them take to the sky to fight together or something, and Uraraka helps Izuku with air movement and stuff. Please!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I would go with they lose their quirk at the same rate the lose One for All. Given that One For All stores powers it is possible if someone had a quirk before getting One For All, that quirk then becomes part of One For All, so AFO couldn't steal for example Nana's Float, since you can't steal One For All and what was left of the quirk burnt out with One For All.

Yeah, Izuku should come clean to Uraraka when it comes to revealing the secret. After all it is harder for him to keep it secret given his new quirks aren't the same as his previous power type.
    end of spoilers

New chapter! New intrigue! New chaos! The building up continues!

spoilers:
    We jump back to Tokoyami flying away from Fat Gum to go help Hawks, with him trying to follow suit after dumping the kids out.

While protecting the nearly unconscious and all burned up Hawks, Dabi tells Tokoyami Hawks killed Twice and that he shouldn't be defending a dirty pro hero, but he stands his ground for his teacher. He's unable to fight back due to the fire, but Hawks manages to communicate with Tokoyami that Dabi's constant talking means he's trying to recharge his own power, giving them a chance to get away (in other words, they "caught him monologuing" lol)

Hawks is knocked out and before Tokoyami can fly him away, Dabi shows up jet fire hovering with his feet ("looks like I can do this kinda thing too" hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm), but they all get distracted by Geten, who shoots out a giant ice blast at the heroes, and commands the remaining villains to re-focus their efforts rather than aimlessly scattering. All the while, Tokoyami escapes, flying away yelling for Hawks to not die.

Back in the underground, Re-Destro is wondering what is going on when suddenly, Gigantomachia awakens...sensing his master....
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Firstly, like we just recently mentioned, I'm glad Hawks killing Twice played an important role here, with it being the first thing Dabi brought up to try and sway Tokoyami away, which he most likely will try doing again to others in the future. Tokoyami's reaction also makes sense, due to how hectic everything is there isn't really time for full internal conflict, just the important stuff for now, that he still believes in his master and wants him to live. This is the first time also I realize just to the extent how bad Hawks' battle damage is. I do hope that most of it ends up sticking, since a crippled Hawks would be very interesting to see play out.

We also get to see the extent of Geten's power again, which based on this might even rival Todoroki's, which is already so damn impressive, alongside a seeming turn in focus for the rest of the villains over there, though honestly I'm not sure exactly what they could do to stand a better chance against everyone there. Gigantomachia on the other hand? Yea they boned. I'm thinking that's how the "Backup Students" are gonna come into play, he's gonna be going right for them all.

Also, I really love just how absolutely unsubtle they're being regarding Dabi right now. I really wanna see just how far they can keep pushing it without him saying those 2 words.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    I would go with they lose their quirk at the same rate the lose One for All. Given that One For All stores powers it is possible if someone had a quirk before getting One For All, that quirk then becomes part of One For All, so AFO couldn't steal for example Nana's Float, since you can't steal One For All and what was left of the quirk burnt out with One For All.

Yeah, Izuku should come clean to Uraraka when it comes to revealing the secret. After all it is harder for him to keep it secret given his new quirks aren't the same as his previous power type.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do kinda like that if that's the case with OfA, it wouldn't take much tweaking to the context to give it a darker twist. It's kinda like a parasitic entity that takes the power of its host and then moves on to a new target.

Yeah, depending on what other quirks he gets it's going to get very difficult to explain them all. Should give us at least one fun attempt.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I do kinda like that if that's the case with OfA, it wouldn't take much tweaking to the context to give it a darker twist. It's kinda like a parasitic entity that takes the power of its host and then moves on to a new target.

Yeah, depending on what other quirks he gets it's going to get very difficult to explain them all. Should give us at least one fun attempt.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah OFA could be quite dark, thankfully it is used for good.

It's amazing he got away with Black Whip.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Jumping back to the hangout and Fumikage (would it really be that hard just to focus on one place instead of jumping back and forth, especially when you end things on cliffhangers that aren't immediately followed up. Still some cool stuff with Fumikage and the villains being to reorganise.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Firstly, like we just recently mentioned, I'm glad Hawks killing Twice played an important role here, with it being the first thing Dabi brought up to try and sway Tokoyami away, which he most likely will try doing again to others in the future. Tokoyami's reaction also makes sense, due to how hectic everything is there isn't really time for full internal conflict, just the important stuff for now, that he still believes in his master and wants him to live. This is the first time also I realize just to the extent how bad Hawks' battle damage is. I do hope that most of it ends up sticking, since a crippled Hawks would be very interesting to see play out.

We also get to see the extent of Geten's power again, which based on this might even rival Todoroki's, which is already so damn impressive, alongside a seeming turn in focus for the rest of the villains over there, though honestly I'm not sure exactly what they could do to stand a better chance against everyone there. Gigantomachia on the other hand? Yea they boned. I'm thinking that's how the "Backup Students" are gonna come into play, he's gonna be going right for them all.

Also, I really love just how absolutely unsubtle they're being regarding Dabi right now. I really wanna see just how far they can keep pushing it without him saying those 2 words.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Tokoyami is an absolute star this chapter in how sensible he is. Stuck in a really bad situation with a severely injured comrade and faced with a powerful villain who's also a bad matchup for him, Tokoyami managed to remain calm and focused, and acted to the best of his ability to protect and save instead of falling for Dabi's taunts and foolishly fighting or doubting what to do. Just a great showing of having a good head on his shoulders. His determined faith in Hawks despite the bad evidence presented is also a really nice character moment given how rocky their relationship started out.

I'm also glad that Hawks killing Twice won't just go by without repercussions, it'll be interesting to see where Horikoshi goes with that. And I'm also glad that Hawks is actually really injured. He took a lot of Dabi fire to the back, and he should definitely not be able to just walk away from that (I mentioned being concern about this before so I'm pleased that it's addressed).

Geten was able to match Dabi during their fight in terms of raw power, and generally seems to be better trained. So it makes sense that his/her wide attacks would make an impact (I wonder if Shoto will ever have to face both Dabi and Geten at once). I think Geten's general plan was to take away the heroes' advantage of an open field where they could swarm in from all directions and force them into a choke point. It might not be a perfect solution, but it would even the field somewhat at least. I wonder how the evac squad would deal with Gigantomachia, with the exception of Deku pulling out OfA full strength I don't think any of them could actually hurt the guy, they'd have to distract him and draw his attention into a hastily made trap or something.

I do really like how the chapter informs us of some of Dabi's limitations and how he gets around them. He probably doesn't just recharge his flames between big attacks, but also lets his body cool down and recover a bit as well. At least he's conscious of his monolouging and it has a purpose, it works best if his target doesn't know what he's doing though. And adding Endeavor style not falling flight to the growing list of Touya Todoroki evidence is nice.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Jumping back to the hangout and Fumikage (would it really be that hard just to focus on one place instead of jumping back and forth, especially when you end things on cliffhangers that aren't immediately followed up. Still some cool stuff with Fumikage and the villains being to reorganise.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I've actually been enjoying the jumping back at forth. It keeps the action fresh and makes it feel like everything is happening basically at once, Oda does similar things in One Piece to great effect. I don't mind the cliffhangers not being immediately followed up since we now know that the stakes are even higher with bad developments taking place on both ends of the battle.
    end of spoilers

This arc is starting to heat up and it is reminder how good this manga is when it is on top its game.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This arc is starting to heat up and it is reminder how good this manga is when it is on top its game.
    Agreed.

The way it's going this is gonna be like my third favourite war arc in a manga (the other two being the Marineford war from One Piece and the final arc from Fullmetal Alchemist).

spoilers:
    Yeah OFA could be quite dark, thankfully it is used for good.

It's amazing he got away with Black Whip.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That was something that was brought up when Black Whip first emerged, when Bakugo proposed that OFA might be closer to AFO than the others first initialized, leading Midoryia to feeling more conflicted about it.

And yeah, he's lucky that with Float, it's an invisible power so he'll probably be able to get away with calling it just "another extension of his energy manipulation", but once another physical power starts to manifest, I don't see how else he'll be able to hide his secret without everyone else seeming reallllllly dumb.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Tokoyami is an absolute star this chapter in how sensible he is. Stuck in a really bad situation with a severely injured comrade and faced with a powerful villain who's also a bad matchup for him, Tokoyami managed to remain calm and focused, and acted to the best of his ability to protect and save instead of falling for Dabi's taunts and foolishly fighting or doubting what to do. Just a great showing of having a good head on his shoulders. His determined faith in Hawks despite the bad evidence presented is also a really nice character moment given how rocky their relationship started out.

I'm also glad that Hawks killing Twice won't just go by without repercussions, it'll be interesting to see where Horikoshi goes with that. And I'm also glad that Hawks is actually really injured. He took a lot of Dabi fire to the back, and he should definitely not be able to just walk away from that (I mentioned being concern about this before so I'm pleased that it's addressed).

Geten was able to match Dabi during their fight in terms of raw power, and generally seems to be better trained. So it makes sense that his/her wide attacks would make an impact (I wonder if Shoto will ever have to face both Dabi and Geten at once). I think Geten's general plan was to take away the heroes' advantage of an open field where they could swarm in from all directions and force them into a choke point. It might not be a perfect solution, but it would even the field somewhat at least. I wonder how the evac squad would deal with Gigantomachia, with the exception of Deku pulling out OfA full strength I don't think any of them could actually hurt the guy, they'd have to distract him and draw his attention into a hastily made trap or something.

I do really like how the chapter informs us of some of Dabi's limitations and how he gets around them. He probably doesn't just recharge his flames between big attacks, but also lets his body cool down and recover a bit as well. At least he's conscious of his monolouging and it has a purpose, it works best if his target doesn't know what he's doing though. And adding Endeavor style not falling flight to the growing list of Touya Todoroki evidence is nice.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Also doing the smart thing of not trying to actively attack and fight, and instead prioritizing defence and evacuation, showing his smarts and effectively multi-tasking thanks to Dark Shadow.

I'd be really interested to see if some semblance of "smear campaigns" come into play, that some of the villains (most likely Dabi) decide if they can't beat the heroes physically, beat em publicly through the media. Imagine not just "No. 2 hero kills" but also "No. 1 hero's son is a villain" being thrown around all over the place. So even if they win, they'll still have issues to work out amongst everyone.

That would actually be a pretty great challenge for Shoto, having to go up against Dabi and Geten at once to fully test his abilities to use both sides at once. I just don't see Dabi or Geten being willing to work together to try and do something like that, without some self-sabotage getting in the way.

Considering that both Kirishima and Mina are part of the "Back-Up" squad, I think it would be really poetic to see them have to face off against Gigantomachia, since they both encountered him already once before starting UA. But yeah, it's hard to think of anyone, that could even really stand a chance of hurting him. Mt. Lady might be the closest due to being at least bigger than him, even if she's not that strong, so it might end up being somebody speedy enough to be able to trip him up somehow.

I like that there is an actual reasoning behind Dabi's cockiness and grandioseness, he isn't just taunting for the sake of it but is all part of his strategy to essentially bluff his own weaknesses and get the opponents to flinch.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    That was something that was brought up when Black Whip first emerged, when Bakugo proposed that OFA might be closer to AFO than the others first initialized, leading Midoryia to feeling more conflicted about it.

And yeah, he's lucky that with Float, it's an invisible power so he'll probably be able to get away with calling it just "another extension of his energy manipulation", but once another physical power starts to manifest, I don't see how else he'll be able to hide his secret without everyone else seeming reallllllly dumb.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    At least with Float, if it gets a power increase due to One For All, it could come off more like flight, which would be a lot more easier to explain as it could come off as a air manipulation of his shoot style.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So far Deku's quirk is weird but not necessarily more than other abilities, he's helped by stuff like Shoto and his dual nature quirk existing. But the more powers he'll uncover the harder it's going to be to cover it up. At some point he'll have to come clean about it to somebody. I wonder if it'll be a singular person or the entire class.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Also doing the smart thing of not trying to actively attack and fight, and instead prioritizing defence and evacuation, showing his smarts and effectively multi-tasking thanks to Dark Shadow.

I'd be really interested to see if some semblance of "smear campaigns" come into play, that some of the villains (most likely Dabi) decide if they can't beat the heroes physically, beat em publicly through the media. Imagine not just "No. 2 hero kills" but also "No. 1 hero's son is a villain" being thrown around all over the place. So even if they win, they'll still have issues to work out amongst everyone.

That would actually be a pretty great challenge for Shoto, having to go up against Dabi and Geten at once to fully test his abilities to use both sides at once. I just don't see Dabi or Geten being willing to work together to try and do something like that, without some self-sabotage getting in the way.

Considering that both Kirishima and Mina are part of the "Back-Up" squad, I think it would be really poetic to see them have to face off against Gigantomachia, since they both encountered him already once before starting UA. But yeah, it's hard to think of anyone, that could even really stand a chance of hurting him. Mt. Lady might be the closest due to being at least bigger than him, even if she's not that strong, so it might end up being somebody speedy enough to be able to trip him up somehow.

I like that there is an actual reasoning behind Dabi's cockiness and grandioseness, he isn't just taunting for the sake of it but is all part of his strategy to essentially bluff his own weaknesses and get the opponents to flinch.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Like a proper hero. He's so close to being overwhelmed several times in this chapter, but he stays focused and gets the important job done. A+ performance Tokoyami, absolutely excellent.

I can see something like that happening, and I wonder what kind of reaction the students of class 1A would have to it. They could split on several different camps. Those that believe the accusations and those that refuse to do so. And regarding the age old question of whether heroes should kill or not. There's lots of interesting tension that could come from this.

I'm thinking that Shoto's best bet would be to use Dabi and Geten's mutual animosity against one another. Like they initially agree to just focus on killing the hero, but they keep getting in each other's way and may be trying to seize the opportunity to murder each other. And Shoto could capitalize on that. Showing that's he's not just skilled enough to fight them both, but that he can beat them by being clever too.

Oooh, I hadn't considered Kirishima and Mina recognising Gigantomachia. That'll almost certainly happen if they see him, and I can buy Kirishima rushing towards him to protect somebody else and make up for when he failed to do so in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if Gigantomachia can grow even bigger than Mt. Lady. Distacting him and sending him running who knows where might be the best option.

Agreed. And I think that it just nice in general to know how Dabi's strengths and weaknesses are balanced. He's got a very destructive and lethal quirk, and the killer instinct to use it without hesitation. But it actually hurts him as well so he has to be clever about how he uses it and try to distract and unnerve his opponents if he isn't able to kill them quickly.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    At least with Float, if it gets a power increase due to One For All, it could come off more like flight, which would be a lot more easier to explain as it could come off as a air manipulation of his shoot style.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Considering how OFA already lets him jump around through the air a bit, I'm interested to see how exactly "Float" would differentiate from his natural "flying" abilities. If I were to assume, it's probably gonna be suspension in mid-air, very similar to how the Sayians float in DragonBall (and Nana's costume does look very DB-inspired, so that might be intentional).
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Like a proper hero. He's so close to being overwhelmed several times in this chapter, but he stays focused and gets the important job done. A+ performance Tokoyami, absolutely excellent.

I can see something like that happening, and I wonder what kind of reaction the students of class 1A would have to it. They could split on several different camps. Those that believe the accusations and those that refuse to do so. And regarding the age old question of whether heroes should kill or not. There's lots of interesting tension that could come from this.

I'm thinking that Shoto's best bet would be to use Dabi and Geten's mutual animosity against one another. Like they initially agree to just focus on killing the hero, but they keep getting in each other's way and may be trying to seize the opportunity to murder each other. And Shoto could capitalize on that. Showing that's he's not just skilled enough to fight them both, but that he can beat them by being clever too.

Oooh, I hadn't considered Kirishima and Mina recognising Gigantomachia. That'll almost certainly happen if they see him, and I can buy Kirishima rushing towards him to protect somebody else and make up for when he failed to do so in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if Gigantomachia can grow even bigger than Mt. Lady. Distacting him and sending him running who knows where might be the best option.

Agreed. And I think that it just nice in general to know how Dabi's strengths and weaknesses are balanced. He's got a very destructive and lethal quirk, and the killer instinct to use it without hesitation. But it actually hurts him as well so he has to be clever about how he uses it and try to distract and unnerve his opponents if he isn't able to kill them quickly.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I really wanna see how Bakugo would react to something like this. Because for all his shouts of "DIE" and "I'LL KILL YOU", I don't think he'd actually go all the way and murder a villain, so I'd be interested in his perspective on someone who has.

I hope that Gigantomachia can't make himself bigger, just cause he's already so unstoppable making him the size of a Kaijiu seems like overkill. After having the Pros at the Hospital deal with the Nomus, and the Pros at the Mansion deal with the PLA, seems most likely we're gonna have the Back-Up Students dealing with Gigantomachia (considering their plan is to make sure no one gets past them), and then the Evacuation team facing Shigaraki (who will either be going right for Midoryia or just wreaking as much havoc ASAP).

You can even notice when Dabi's doing his jet fire flying here, you can see all the skin burning off his arms, so even though he claims he was just holding back, you can tell its still very clearly hurting him.
    end of spoilers