Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    New chapter once again finally returns!

spoilers:
    First we get a nice two page colour spread celebrating 6 years of the book, with candid shots of most of the main characters at a formal dinner, all just very cute stuff.

Momo's group of 1A and 1B students prepare to face against Gigantomachia. Momo creates a load of compounds, with the plan to throw it into his mouth, which should be able to knock him out and fall asleep. Thanks to a trap utilizing Mineta's sticky balls and Mudman's quirk, they manage to trip up Machia as they try to jar his mouth open, while some others head up on his back to deal with the League. Kamanari is about to use his thunder rods to shock em all off, but Compress uses his remaining rubble backup to knock him down.

'Machia proceeds to blow in the groups' face, sending them flying through the forest, as Dabi also continues to burn everything in front of them, blocking the students' path. Dabi also comments on how useful his wide variety of combat-specific quirks he possesses are. Spinner asks why he doesn't just dig underground, but Compress reminds him that they'd die if that happened, that he was probably ordered to bring them to Shigaraki, and that they might be what's holding him back currently. As 'Machia's about to get up, Mt. Lady once again tackles up, jarring his mouth open herself realizing the students' plans, as Mina in her full acid get-up makes her way through the fire to face them down.

We get to see just how capable and quick thinking this whole group of students are. Looks like Mineta (technically) was able to bring Machia down after all! : P They even directly target the League too, which I hope will lead to more direct one-on-one fights between everyone. Toga has a very curious reaction when she learns that they're all U.A. Students (I feel like it's cause she's thinking about/looking for Izuku and Ochaco). And then Mina jumps in to try and take the spotlight next, which is of course easily exciting.

Also Mudman mentions worrying about "Monoma's group", and unless he's with the Evacuation team and we just haven't seen him, considering there's nowhere else I could think of where he could be, it's been having me be verrrrrrrrrrrry suspicious about his whereabouts and what he could be up to.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I love the back and forth of this chapter.

The students use great team work and quirk combos to trap Gigantomachia and lauch a surprise attack at the League, but even with just his head free he can fight back by blowing at them to create storm winds and the experienced murderers are able to counter all attacks. Then the villains forget that talking isn't a free attacking and get swarmed. Both sides look good and are doing things well within their established capabilities. Love it.

I am though super worried about Jiro. Dabi burned her jacks. I really hope he didn't like blast them off or anything too serious. And yeah, Toga's reaction is probably her looking for Izuku and Ochako. I've been wondering how she'll react to seeing them now that she's super pissed and sad about Twice's death.

I also hadn't noticed that Mr. Compress has like little guns in his artifical hand. Which he probably uses to shoot out his compressed rubble with. That's just a cool idea.

Mt. Lady picking up on the students' plan is a great little touch.

Mina moving in for the kill is very exciting. But things are going a little too poorly for the villain so I can't help but wonder if they won't turn it around again next chapter.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    I hope they don't do more one-on-one fights, I prefer the heroes (and villains) using teamwork, than resorting the the tired Shonen way of fighting.

Also it is interesting that Monoma is brought up now... it is very suspicious. I wonder if he's the UA traitor, now that I think about it...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think that there's a bit too many players running around for this to turn into 1v1 confrontations. But I wouldn't mind it if we could some more focused fights with smaller groups.

I would be so disappoointed if Monoma was the traitor. He's such a beautiful little overcompensating **** and I love his way of working towards becoming a hero despite his douchey personality and situational quirk. He's also had some genuinely nice moments with his class. I'd hate for them to be fake.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

In other news, there will be a new OVA episode wherein the class are practicing disaster drills but end up getting trappen beneath a collapsed building (I think, I've seen a few different versions of the news) and need to work together to get out alive.

That sounds like an interesting premise and I always welcome the cast using their abilities for other things than fighting.

EDIT: Oh, and it'll take place after the provinsional license exam.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 08-02-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    In other news, there will be a new OVA episode wherein the class are practicing disaster drills but end up getting trappen beneath a collapsed building (I think, I've seen a few different versions of the news) and need to work together to get out alive.

That sounds like an interesting premise and I always welcome the cast using their abilities for other things than fighting.

Few anime/manga I have ever cared for the filler or excess stuff but MHA is a different beast. If they said they were doing MHA again from class 1B perspective I would be interested. I would be interested in seeing project with Pro Heroes at the front as well. I think would be interested if they did an arc with other schools at the front. Any little bit of MHA I am down for more.

I am really interested in OVA because the one thing MHA really does better than traditional superhero stuff is the focus on heroes saving people more than just fighting villains. A large chunk of students are better at saving people than fighting.Purple tennis ball head (yes I know his name) is actually interesting in scenario where he can save people.

I read somewhere they are two OVAs do we know what the other one is about?

spoilers:
    I think that there's a bit too many players running around for this to turn into 1v1 confrontations. But I wouldn't mind it if we could some more focused fights with smaller groups.

I would be so disappoointed if Monoma was the traitor. He's such a beautiful little overcompensating **** and I love his way of working towards becoming a hero despite his douchey personality and situational quirk. He's also had some genuinely nice moments with his class. I'd hate for them to be fake.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Smaller groups fighting each other is fine, but not 1 on 1 fights.

I doubt his moments with his class are fake. I'm more suggesting he's working with the league to get rid of 1-A. The Beauty Pagent story in school briefs 4 hints how far he could go to help 1-B and conveniently the League mostly strike 1-A, the hardly go after the other students or facility
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The spread was nice, though I was a shame we didn't actually see all their formal outfits. I'm happy to see that Mineta's balls were used as part of the method to slow down 'Machia.
    Mina possibly taking down 'Machia would be a nice idea, given their first encounter. I hope they don't do more one-on-one fights, I prefer the heroes (and villains) using teamwork, than resorting the the tired Shonen way of fighting.

Also it is interesting that Monoma is brought up now... it is very suspicious. I wonder if he's the UA traitor, now that I think about it...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's mostly what I mean by "one-on-one" fights, with the students actually facing against the League directly, rather than just as another obstacle. Like if Machia does get knocked out, to see this group take on Dabi, Toga, Spinner, Compress, and Skeptic themselves, it'd be really fun to witness.

That's what I've been thinking, he feels the most likely to be the traitor to me. Ive even started thinking of a theory that adds another layer to the twist, what if he's the reason how AFO and the Doctor have been able to copy/duplicate quirks into each other/the Nomu, by AFO taking it from him while he's copying it? It came from thinking about how Monoma could probably copy All For One since it doesn't have the "stockpiling energy" worry that One For All has, and that could be how AFO managed to create a duplicate of it to keep while giving the original to Shigaraki.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I love the back and forth of this chapter.

The students use great team work and quirk combos to trap Gigantomachia and lauch a surprise attack at the League, but even with just his head free he can fight back by blowing at them to create storm winds and the experienced murderers are able to counter all attacks. Then the villains forget that talking isn't a free attacking and get swarmed. Both sides look good and are doing things well within their established capabilities. Love it.

I am though super worried about Jiro. Dabi burned her jacks. I really hope he didn't like blast them off or anything too serious. And yeah, Toga's reaction is probably her looking for Izuku and Ochako. I've been wondering how she'll react to seeing them now that she's super pissed and sad about Twice's death.

I also hadn't noticed that Mr. Compress has like little guns in his artifical hand. Which he probably uses to shoot out his compressed rubble with. That's just a cool idea.

Mt. Lady picking up on the students' plan is a great little touch.

Mina moving in for the kill is very exciting. But things are going a little too poorly for the villain so I can't help but wonder if they won't turn it around again next chapter.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I thought Kamui Woods was gonna be just crisps, but still looks decently well grabbing ahold of Machia, so I feel like Jiro will be alright, possibly just injured. Dabi just seems to have really bad track record of accomplishing anything lol. And yea, I really wanna see how she reacts when she runs into those two again. I still think there's a possibility she may end up jumping in and saving them from death, because of how much she likes/wants them for herself.

I do really like this isn't one side dominating over the other. Gigantomachia manages to be slowed down, and the heroes are able to keep up with everyone, but they still aren't completely fallible. There's a nice balance rather than swinging the advantage from one side to the other. Hoping Mina gets to show off her crazy dance evasion skills!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I doubt his moments with his class are fake. I'm more suggesting he's working with the league to get rid of 1-A. The Beauty Pagent story in school briefs 4 hints how far he could go to help 1-B and conveniently the League mostly strike 1-A, the hardly go after the other students or facility
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is partly my feeling too, especially with his "sometimes we have to act like the villains to succeed", and how "everyone is the protagonist of their own story". That he does care about his class, but that he's not afraid to do underhanded stuff to do what he believes is to succeed, like working alongside villains, plus we don't know exactly his backstory, so there could be something there which he uses to justify himself as a "tragic hero" (we do know he's a big fan of his theatrics)

Also, everything in the story has shown Monoma to be an incredibly intelligent man, so how was he the only one who failed the Final Exams? That's a big sticky point for me. Him not showing up lately is just how I feel about Best Jeanist still not popping up, getting a bit worried because if there wasn't something up with them, you'd think they'd have shown up by now?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Few anime/manga I have ever cared for the filler or excess stuff but MHA is a different beast. If they said they were doing MHA again from class 1B perspective I would be interested. I would be interested in seeing project with Pro Heroes at the front as well. I think would be interested if they did an arc with other schools at the front. Any little bit of MHA I am down for more.

I am really interested in OVA because the one thing MHA really does better than traditional superhero stuff is the focus on heroes saving people more than just fighting villains. A large chunk of students are better at saving people than fighting.Purple tennis ball head (yes I know his name) is actually interesting in scenario where he can save people.

I read somewhere they are two OVAs do we know what the other one is about?
    This was such an incredibly welcome surprise, and I am so happy for it! Did not expect this at all, wasn't sure if Season 4 was gonna get an OVA after Season 3's was used as a main episode placeholder. Like you mentioned, I am all for seeing more MHA filler stuff, because I love these characters and can simply watch or read them chill out and do their everyday activities in this world and be satisfied.

And, at least from what I understand, it's a 2-part OVA, so it'll be a direct continuation of the same story. So 40 minutes of brand new original My Hero content? Yes please!

spoilers:
    That's mostly what I mean by "one-on-one" fights, with the students actually facing against the League directly, rather than just as another obstacle. Like if Machia does get knocked out, to see this group take on Dabi, Toga, Spinner, Compress, and Skeptic themselves, it'd be really fun to witness.

That's what I've been thinking, he feels the most likely to be the traitor to me. Ive even started thinking of a theory that adds another layer to the twist, what if he's the reason how AFO and the Doctor have been able to copy/duplicate quirks into each other/the Nomu, by AFO taking it from him while he's copying it? It came from thinking about how Monoma could probably copy All For One since it doesn't have the "stockpiling energy" worry that One For All has, and that could be how AFO managed to create a duplicate of it to keep while giving the original to Shigaraki.

This is partly my feeling too, especially with his "sometimes we have to act like the villains to succeed", and how "everyone is the protagonist of their own story". That he does care about his class, but that he's not afraid to do underhanded stuff to do what he believes is to succeed, like working alongside villains, plus we don't know exactly his backstory, so there could be something there which he uses to justify himself as a "tragic hero" (we do know he's a big fan of his theatrics)

Also, everything in the story has shown Monoma to be an incredibly intelligent man, so how was he the only one who failed the Final Exams? That's a big sticky point for me. Him not showing up lately is just how I feel about Best Jeanist still not popping up, getting a bit worried because if there wasn't something up with them, you'd think they'd have shown up by now?
    end of spoilers

This was such an incredibly welcome surprise, and I am so happy for it! Did not expect this at all, wasn't sure if Season 4 was gonna get an OVA after Season 3's was used as a main episode placeholder. Like you mentioned, I am all for seeing more MHA filler stuff, because I love these characters and can simply watch or read them chill out and do their everyday activities in this world and be satisfied.

And, at least from what I understand, it's a 2-part OVA, so it'll be a direct continuation of the same story. So 40 minutes of brand new original My Hero content? Yes please!
    spoilers:
    Yeah, him failing the final exam was strange, at first it seems to be a funny moment, he's mocking the students of class 1-A for failing when he failed himself. On the other hand, it does put him out of harms way when the villains attack...
    end of spoilers

Also funimation have revealed more retails on the OVA: https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020...to-funimation/

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think that would be worse actually. Dude is a little **** and cheats here and there in harmless games. But he's never gone out of his way to actively hurt class 1A. Going from trash talking them to helping murderers target them as part of their greater scheme (while also hurting his own class) seems like an extreme leap to me.

And the villains totally attack class 1B whenever they're in the way. And they absolutely try to kill any faculty member they can get their hands on.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    On the other hand, Monoma can only copy an ability for a few minutes so that doesn't really seem all that stable for AFO and the doctor to use. Of course that's assuming he's been telling the truth about his limitations.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I thought Kamui Woods was gonna be just crisps, but still looks decently well grabbing ahold of Machia, so I feel like Jiro will be alright, possibly just injured. Dabi just seems to have really bad track record of accomplishing anything lol. And yea, I really wanna see how she reacts when she runs into those two again. I still think there's a possibility she may end up jumping in and saving them from death, because of how much she likes/wants them for herself.

I do really like this isn't one side dominating over the other. Gigantomachia manages to be slowed down, and the heroes are able to keep up with everyone, but they still aren't completely fallible. There's a nice balance rather than swinging the advantage from one side to the other. Hoping Mina gets to show off her crazy dance evasion skills!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Dabi does have one of those powers that's honestly super dangerous and should wreck people way more than what is actually shown. But if he was just murdering everybody he hit the series body count would be way higher than it is and we need a lot of the characters he's fighting at least alive for the story. A bit like Wolverine, who often doesn't do as much damage as he should with his claws. I'm ok with Kamui Woods since he's basically wrapped in wood armor (at least that's how I always pictured it with him). So he didn't take a full frontal blast to the face.

I've been wondering if Toga's feeling conflicted about Izuku and Ochako since they're on the heroes side and the heroes just killed Twice. Maybe she'll want to get them away from the evil world of heroes or something like that.

I also like that they clarified that Gigantomachia is being handicapped by having to consider the people on his back. It's a different kind of consideration for the bad guys. I really want to see how effective Mina's acid armor is as a shield, have it melt Toga's knives when she goes in for a stab.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Again, working with murderers who have threatened his class and others besides class 1A seems like too much of a jump. As for the final exams. He could've flubbed the practial exam just like Sero did while still acing the written one.

It is noticeable that he's been mentioned but not seen. But it could also mean that he's just part of the evac team that haven't gotten a big role yet. Or he and all the ones in "his group" could get to show up for a last minute save. Point is, I clearly would not like Monoma being a bad guy. At least not right now, if that's the case Horikoshi could turn it into a great story. Best Jeanist's status is still odd, whatever has happened to him?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, him failing the final exam was strange, at first it seems to be a funny moment, he's mocking the students of class 1-A for failing when he failed himself. On the other hand, it does put him out of harms way when the villains attack...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Dabi and Twice sent Dabi clones to that location. I wouldn't exactly call that safe.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by TotalSnorefest; 08-04-2020 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Mod edit: fixed a spoiler tag.

spoilers:
    Dabi does have one of those powers that's honestly super dangerous and should wreck people way more than what is actually shown. But if he was just murdering everybody he hit the series body count would be way higher than it is and we need a lot of the characters he's fighting at least alive for the story. A bit like Wolverine, who often doesn't do as much damage as he should with his claws. I'm ok with Kamui Woods since he's basically wrapped in wood armor (at least that's how I always pictured it with him). So he didn't take a full frontal blast to the face.

I've been wondering if Toga's feeling conflicted about Izuku and Ochako since they're on the heroes side and the heroes just killed Twice. Maybe she'll want to get them away from the evil world of heroes or something like that.

I also like that they clarified that Gigantomachia is being handicapped by having to consider the people on his back. It's a different kind of consideration for the bad guys. I really want to see how effective Mina's acid armor is as a shield, have it melt Toga's knives when she goes in for a stab.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There is something funny, and probably intentional, that it appears like he's constantly hurting himself way more than he's hurting other people, he's even looking at his crisped arms in this chapter too.

I'm very interested to see if she's gone the way of Shigaraki, completely embraced her current self and rejected any form of her past connections, or if seeing Izuku and Ochaco again will remerge that desire to be loved and will cause her to react to those two differently.

Mina's acid is something, like you mentioned with Dabi's fire, should be much more dangerous than it's previously been shown, so this is the perfect opportunity to see it's true potential.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Again, working with murderers who have threatened his class and others besides class 1A seems like too much of a jump. As for the final exams. He could've flubbed the practial exam just like Sero did while still acing the written one.

It is noticeable that he's been mentioned but not seen. But it could also mean that he's just part of the evac team that haven't gotten a big role yet. Or he and all the ones in "his group" could get to show up for a last minute save. Point is, I clearly would not like Monoma being a bad guy. At least not right now, if that's the case Horikoshi could turn it into a great story. Best Jeanist's status is still odd, whatever has happened to him?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can understand all that, I don't think it's obviously a done deal, it could've easily just been used as a gag, not everything has to be an intrinsically plotted clue, but I do still see it as a possibility, and I personally wouldn't mind seeing it happen, since I can see it make sense in story. I do hope that none of 1A at least are the "traitor" because I do think that would be slightly disappointing, even for one of the more minor characters, to see them suddenly take a sharp turn, unless there's a specific reason for their betrayal, like for example, if it turns out to be Aoyama, and the "AFO gave him his belt" theory is true, meaning he's reluctantly forced into doing this.

All we know is that Hawks supposedly "killed" Best Jeanist and used that as leverage to get Dabi and the League to believe he's on their side. But if he is still alive and under the HPSC's protection, with the cover all blown, you'd think they'd let him out and join in the fight alongside everyone else. So it just has me itching in the back of my head about the possibility of what if Hawks/HPSC DID in fact kill him, and where the story could go if that's true, especially since Dabi probably knows the truth.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Here's a nice treat.

A tribute to the most iconic score of My Hero Academia, You Say Run, with over 80 performers from anime and gaming, including several members of the series's english cast and the composer of the original himself, Yuki Hayashi. All the proceeds for the song will go to charity.

It's a real Plus Ultra project.

Here's a nice treat.

A tribute to the most iconic score of My Hero Academia, You Say Run, with over 80 performers from anime and gaming, including several members of the series's english cast and the composer of the original himself, Yuki Hayashi. All the proceeds for the song will go to charity.

It's a real Plus Ultra project.

That was absolutely wonderfully put together, with so many amazing talent all together. You got a beautiful rendition of Might+U and then a rocking You Say Run all together. Plus, as a Sonic fan, seeing Tee Lopes and Jun Senoue in this puts a huge smile on my face

Also, newwww chapter time!

spoilers:
    While everyone tries to deal with the fire, Mina heads right for Gigantomachia's mouth, covered in her "Acidman" technique, ready to throw the sedative in. However, when he speaks, realizing it was the same being she encountered back in middle school, the trauma returns and she freezes up. Machia throws Mt. Lady off and prepares to swat Mina, but Unbreakable Kirishima arrives, knocking her out of the way and grabbing onto his hands.

Machia shoos the rest of the "flies" off, but Kirishima holds on strong. His sedative bottle is destroyed by one of Toga's knives, but he uses Mina's he caught and gets it into his mouth before he's flicked off and saved by Tokage. Momo continues offering support, while Majestic, alongside the PLF raid group prepare to face down Machia, who appears to grow a new protective mask.

Meanwhile, Shigaraki is seemingly all tired out as a completely crisped Endeavor tells him that they'll never yield to his destruction without conviction. Shigaraki laughingly repeats his father's words that "Heroes hurt their families only to help others", and that if that's conviction, it will be his, as his body continues to shake.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    While it's a slight shame Mina doesn't get a huge moment to herself, I did really like how remembering her encounter did play an important role with that lingering fear that catches her off guard (even reverting back to her school uniform within her head). And it provides great payoff for Kirishima, jumping in as she's completely frozen up just like she did when he was frozen up back then. Plus just being his badass self! Machia also complaining all the "flies" is really amusing. This was slightly mentioned last chapter, but its good they clarified how Machia's size works, it being a quirk that makes him bigger the more "battle ready" he's feeling.

And now I'm really excited to get back to Shigaraki and see where this goes next. We get a return to the question behind Shigaraki's ideology/conviction, and what exactly he believes in and fighting for, and saying those exact words, directly to Endeavor as well, hoping will need to some additional reflection amongst the characters in-between the punching (remember Midoryia has definitively dealt with that dilemma personally as well)
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It was a shame Mina didn't get her moment in the spot light but at the same time it was great for Kirashima to make up for not helping Mina and her friends in the past. Hopefully Machia will go nighty-night. Also looks like we are back to the others.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    While it's a slight shame Mina doesn't get a huge moment to herself, I did really like how remembering her encounter did play an important role with that lingering fear that catches her off guard (even reverting back to her school uniform within her head). And it provides great payoff for Kirishima, jumping in as she's completely frozen up just like she did when he was frozen up back then. Plus just being his badass self! Machia also complaining all the "flies" is really amusing. This was slightly mentioned last chapter, but its good they clarified how Machia's size works, it being a quirk that makes him bigger the more "battle ready" he's feeling.

And now I'm really excited to get back to Shigaraki and see where this goes next. We get a return to the question behind Shigaraki's ideology/conviction, and what exactly he believes in and fighting for, and saying those exact words, directly to Endeavor as well, hoping will need to some additional reflection amongst the characters in-between the punching (remember Midoryia has definitively dealt with that dilemma personally as well)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I will echo the sad for Mina but great for Kirishima sentiment. And I'm certain that Mina will get her time to shine down the line. Heck, just pushing through the fire and getting that far is great work for a first year student. And a surprise encounter with the terrifying monster man that she's probably had nightmares about for a couple of years is absolutely going to awaken some trauma and hesitation.

I like how this chapter really reinforces how dangerous Gigantomachia is, in some small ways. He's not just a lumbering brute. Dude can actually analyze a situation and adapt his approach accordingly. And he is just flipping terrifying to face off against, there's a lot of stupid courage needed to take him on. I wonder how long it'll take before the sedative begins working, or how much damage he can cause before he konks out.

There's a wide spectrum of different viewpoints here to take in Shigaraki's twisted ideals and whatever he reveals about his backstory. I imagine that most of the people present on that front with stand steadfast against the villains destructive belifs and denounce him. But Deku might hear some of what he's saying between the lines. It's that flexibility that has me hyped for their eventual showdown. Also, between Endeavor overheating, Bakugou pushing his body with his explosions and Aizawa's eyes drying up most of the heroes here are on a time limit and can't take in what Shigaraki is saying I think. Which'll probably make things worse.

A few final notes Momo. Girl has put in work here. Several large and complex cannons as well as coats that protect against the raging fire. Well done Creati! Then there's the dude she's communicating with, Majestic. Has he appeared in any of the spinoffs or fillers and I just forgot him? He's been mentioned here and there this arc, and I take it he's the guy Momo trained under during the timeskip. But it kinda feels like I should be more aware of him.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

I will echo the sad for Mina but great for Kirishima sentiment. And I'm certain that Mina will get her time to shine down the line. Heck, just pushing through the fire and getting that far is great work for a first year student. And a surprise encounter with the terrifying monster man that she's probably had nightmares about for a couple of years is absolutely going to awaken some trauma and hesitation.

I like how this chapter really reinforces how dangerous Gigantomachia is, in some small ways. He's not just a lumbering brute. Dude can actually analyze a situation and adapt his approach accordingly. And he is just flipping terrifying to face off against, there's a lot of stupid courage needed to take him on. I wonder how long it'll take before the sedative begins working, or how much damage he can cause before he konks out.

There's a wide spectrum of different viewpoints here to take in Shigaraki's twisted ideals and whatever he reveals about his backstory. I imagine that most of the people present on that front with stand steadfast against the villains destructive belifs and denounce him. But Deku might hear some of what he's saying between the lines. It's that flexibility that has me hyped for their eventual showdown. Also, between Endeavor overheating, Bakugou pushing his body with his explosions and Aizawa's eyes drying up most of the heroes here are on a time limit and can't take in what Shigaraki is saying I think. Which'll probably make things worse.

A few final notes Momo. Girl has put in work here. Several large and complex cannons as well as coats that protect against the raging fire. Well done Creati! Then there's the dude she's communicating with, Majestic. Has he appeared in any of the spinoffs or fillers and I just forgot him? He's been mentioned here and there this arc, and I take it he's the guy Momo trained under during the timeskip. But it kinda feels like I should be more aware of him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It makes me really wanna learn more about who exactly Gigantomachia is and where he came from. There's a theory he's that guy who's with AFO in the flashback during Midoryia's vestige dream, but I need to know more!

Yea, I'm wondering if it'll be possible Midoryia or someone will end up sympathizing with Shigaraki, upon learning more of his situation, while still staying vigilant in stopping him. And you mention that, and it feels more and more likely we're coming up to everyone tiring themselves out and Midoryia being the only one left ready to fight for a true 1 on 1. If only he had some additional help (like from someone else who's pretty fancy in the air and can attack from a distance hmmmmmmm)

It wouldn't be a Momo spotlight without some CANNON ACTION! And I was the exact same way reacting to Majestic. They talked about him like he was someone we know, and he seemed familiar, but at least according to the Wiki when I did that search, only time he was mentioned prior was that he and Tokage did their Work-Study internship with him. It makes sense for him to be there, and for Momo to contact him given the case, it just is a slightly odd way of introducing him.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It makes me really wanna learn more about who exactly Gigantomachia is and where he came from. There's a theory he's that guy who's with AFO in the flashback during Midoryia's vestige dream, but I need to know more!

Yea, I'm wondering if it'll be possible Midoryia or someone will end up sympathizing with Shigaraki, upon learning more of his situation, while still staying vigilant in stopping him. And you mention that, and it feels more and more likely we're coming up to everyone tiring themselves out and Midoryia being the only one left ready to fight for a true 1 on 1. If only he had some additional help (like from someone else who's pretty fancy in the air and can attack from a distance hmmmmmmm)

It wouldn't be a Momo spotlight without some CANNON ACTION! And I was the exact same way reacting to Majestic. They talked about him like he was someone we know, and he seemed familiar, but at least according to the Wiki when I did that search, only time he was mentioned prior was that he and Tokage did their Work-Study internship with him. It makes sense for him to be there, and for Momo to contact him given the case, it just is a slightly odd way of introducing him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That would be a pretty neat callback. And it would be cool if we got fragments of Gigantomachia's past each time Deku had a flashback with whatever vestige he conversed with. Though, I guess that AFO and the doctor had to go through a lot of people before they found someone with Gigantomachia's unique body.

I wonder if it's possible for AFO and OFA to sorta synch up and give Deku and Shigaraki a private mind room to speak in. Anything to let these two get to know one another. The time crunch is so important, because when Shiggy gets all his powers back he'll wreck some heroes and if you can't fly or float or generally stay in the air his decay will murder you (so maybe somebody that can float and drop large amounts of rubble on his head would pair up really well with Deku for this showdown, yes).

I wonder if Horikoshi was going to give him a bigger more traditional introduction earlier on, but just couldn't fit it in anywhere.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

The two part OVA aired yesterday. It was really nice.

Basically the class gets split up into two groups for a "Save the civilian from a disaster" type assignment. The group we follow contains Izuku, Ochako, Iida, Bakugo, Todoroki, Tokoyami, Tsuyu, Kaminari, Kirishima and Momo.

There's nothing ground breaking or anything relevant to the main plot of the series. But it was really fun to watch.

We get lots of nice character interactions, plenty of good use of quirks outside of combat and tons of shipping stuff if you're into that.

I for one really enjoyed the chill bros dynamic between Todoroki and Tokoyami, and I want to see more of that.

There's a ton of cute Izuku/Ochako moments in the first part. Even a wonderful bit where they're just floating and looking into each others' eyes. It's great.

So yeah, good stuff. It's nothing major, but it's enjoyable new content for the series. Though I am rather curious how the assignment went for the other team since they're lacking most of the main leadership figures in the class and have very different power sets.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 08-16-2020 at 01:56 AM.