Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
The two part OVA aired yesterday. It was really nice.

Basically the class gets split up into two groups for a "Save the civilian from a disaster" type assignment. The group we follow contains Izuku, Ochako, Iida, Bakugo, Todoroki, Tokoyami, Tsuyu, Kaminari, Kirishima and Momo.

There's nothing ground breaking or anything relevant to the main plot of the series. But it was really fun to watch.

We get lots of nice character interactions, plenty of good use of quirks outside of combat and tons of shipping stuff if you're into that.

I for one really enjoyed the chill bros dynamic between Todoroki and Tokoyami, and I want to see more of that.

There's a ton of cute Izuku/Ochako moments in the first part. Even a wonderful bit where they're just floating and looking into each others' eyes. It's great.

So yeah, good stuff. It's nothing major, but it's enjoyable new content for the series. Though I am rather curious how the assignment went for the other team since they're lacking most of the main leadership figures in the class and have very different power sets.
Yeah, I personally feel like the first two OVAs are still a bit better than this, they felt like more original ideas and were a bit more humorous overall, but any additional material of these characters just doing their everyday activities I am always happy to see. Like a lost School Briefs chapter animated (I also just learned this episode was inspired by a drama reading that was put on at a con a few years ago, so makes sense).

It's a small little detail, but I liked the notion that the cave-in WASN'T actually part of the test and was an accident, but that Aizawa just let them continue on and get through it themselves, while still having a back-up plan in case they're desperate. Makes the characters feel like they earned their victory and gives Aizawa something to be proud of them for overcoming, rather than just looking for points on a test.

That quick and quiet moment of Midoryia & Uraraka floating was adorable. I also got some chuckles at Bakugo forcing Midoryia to be his cane at the end there.

It would be really curious to see how that other group would preform, presumably with nothing going wrong either, since yeah, most of their strategists aren't there. Which is a sacrifice they usually tend to make so they can have the "Core 10 1A characters" all together for a story, with the other half being relegated to just the more blatant supporting roles. Although, Tsuyu and Jiro tend to swap their position from the Core 10 occasionally (like in Two Heroes for example), and Mineta seems to be chosen over Tokoyami or not depending on if they want his comedic relief.