Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The two part OVA aired yesterday. It was really nice.

Basically the class gets split up into two groups for a "Save the civilian from a disaster" type assignment. The group we follow contains Izuku, Ochako, Iida, Bakugo, Todoroki, Tokoyami, Tsuyu, Kaminari, Kirishima and Momo.

There's nothing ground breaking or anything relevant to the main plot of the series. But it was really fun to watch.

We get lots of nice character interactions, plenty of good use of quirks outside of combat and tons of shipping stuff if you're into that.

I for one really enjoyed the chill bros dynamic between Todoroki and Tokoyami, and I want to see more of that.

There's a ton of cute Izuku/Ochako moments in the first part. Even a wonderful bit where they're just floating and looking into each others' eyes. It's great.

So yeah, good stuff. It's nothing major, but it's enjoyable new content for the series. Though I am rather curious how the assignment went for the other team since they're lacking most of the main leadership figures in the class and have very different power sets.
    Yeah, I personally feel like the first two OVAs are still a bit better than this, they felt like more original ideas and were a bit more humorous overall, but any additional material of these characters just doing their everyday activities I am always happy to see. Like a lost School Briefs chapter animated (I also just learned this episode was inspired by a drama reading that was put on at a con a few years ago, so makes sense).

It's a small little detail, but I liked the notion that the cave-in WASN'T actually part of the test and was an accident, but that Aizawa just let them continue on and get through it themselves, while still having a back-up plan in case they're desperate. Makes the characters feel like they earned their victory and gives Aizawa something to be proud of them for overcoming, rather than just looking for points on a test.

That quick and quiet moment of Midoryia & Uraraka floating was adorable. I also got some chuckles at Bakugo forcing Midoryia to be his cane at the end there.

It would be really curious to see how that other group would preform, presumably with nothing going wrong either, since yeah, most of their strategists aren't there. Which is a sacrifice they usually tend to make so they can have the "Core 10 1A characters" all together for a story, with the other half being relegated to just the more blatant supporting roles. Although, Tsuyu and Jiro tend to swap their position from the Core 10 occasionally (like in Two Heroes for example), and Mineta seems to be chosen over Tokoyami or not depending on if they want his comedic relief.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Yeah, I personally feel like the first two OVAs are still a bit better than this, they felt like more original ideas and were a bit more humorous overall, but any additional material of these characters just doing their everyday activities I am always happy to see. Like a lost School Briefs chapter animated (I also just learned this episode was inspired by a drama reading that was put on at a con a few years ago, so makes sense).

It's a small little detail, but I liked the notion that the cave-in WASN'T actually part of the test and was an accident, but that Aizawa just let them continue on and get through it themselves, while still having a back-up plan in case they're desperate. Makes the characters feel like they earned their victory and gives Aizawa something to be proud of them for overcoming, rather than just looking for points on a test.

That quick and quiet moment of Midoryia & Uraraka floating was adorable. I also got some chuckles at Bakugo forcing Midoryia to be his cane at the end there.

It would be really curious to see how that other group would preform, presumably with nothing going wrong either, since yeah, most of their strategists aren't there. Which is a sacrifice they usually tend to make so they can have the "Core 10 1A characters" all together for a story, with the other half being relegated to just the more blatant supporting roles. Although, Tsuyu and Jiro tend to swap their position from the Core 10 occasionally (like in Two Heroes for example), and Mineta seems to be chosen over Tokoyami or not depending on if they want his comedic relief.
    I think that the previous two OVAs were a bit too goofy for me, they weren't bad just kinda weird (especially the zombie one). But the concepts and situations in them do stand out more than what we got in this one. But yeah, more content is good. And I am still rather fascinated with how they're determined to place everything as snuggly into the timeline as possible. When the series eventually ends it'll be interesting to watch all the episodes, OVAs and movies in chronological order from start to finish.

While I think Deku was a bit too submissive in that scene the Midoriya as Bakugo's cane did bring about the funniest dialogue.
    "Canes don't speak!"
    "Oh right, sorry."
    "I said don't speak!"

I'd say that Mina is edging her way into the core group as well, specifically the rotation of her, Jiro, Tsuyu and Momo. I can kinda see Mina being the one who took charge of that second group by sheer force of character. Sero and Aoyama aren't quite as common but they do get to appear a bit more prominently than say Sato, Koda or Tooru.

I think that the previous two OVAs were a bit too goofy for me, they weren't bad just kinda weird (especially the zombie one). But the concepts and situations in them do stand out more than what we got in this one. But yeah, more content is good. And I am still rather fascinated with how they're determined to place everything as snuggly into the timeline as possible. When the series eventually ends it'll be interesting to watch all the episodes, OVAs and movies in chronological order from start to finish.

While I think Deku was a bit too submissive in that scene the Midoriya as Bakugo's cane did bring about the funniest dialogue.
    "Canes don't speak!"
    "Oh right, sorry."
    "I said don't speak!"

I'd say that Mina is edging her way into the core group as well, specifically the rotation of her, Jiro, Tsuyu and Momo. I can kinda see Mina being the one who took charge of that second group by sheer force of character. Sero and Aoyama aren't quite as common but they do get to appear a bit more prominently than say Sato, Koda or Tooru.
    I have actually made my own personal chronology that took every chapter, anime originals, School Briefs, etc. together and they all actually fit very well with no real overlap, I might post it on here or somewhere else sometime later. I had found some fan-made chronologies, only focusing on the main story, that figured out when everything took place to the exact date, but I mainly prioritized just what month each took in.

It's actually pretty funny to realize that the series actually skips over ALOT of time. Like June is almost entirely skipped (Internships are at the end of May and Final Exams are at beginning of July). August is also pretty much all skipped over with just moving into dorms and training as License Exam is in beginning of September, so this OVA would take place in that time period.

I can see with this instance that Midoryia's being mostly complacent cuz he knows it's the only way to actually get him to listen so might as well just let him yell and push him, especially since he was actually hurt. Also it is pre-their big fight, so slightly more understandable he'd still be more reckless and irritable at this moment.

I forgot to mention, but I also loved the nice detail demonstrating Midoryia, Bakugo, and Todoroki's intelligence how they all were able to deduce each other's plans. Acts as a nice, possibly unintentional foreshadowing, to the Endeavor Agency stuff where it shows (even if Bakugo doesn't want to admit it), the three of them are all pretty much on the same wavelength and can work together tremendously well.

I'd say Mina would probably make more sense for the Tsuyu, Jiro rotation rather than including Momo there, since she's almost always a presence in these group stories, due to the usefulness of her abilities, plus she's a constant in the Top 10 rankings.

Extraordinary Member

I have actually made my own personal chronology that took every chapter, anime originals, School Briefs, etc. together and they all actually fit very well with no real overlap, I might post it on here or somewhere else sometime later. I had found some fan-made chronologies, only focusing on the main story, that figured out when everything took place to the exact date, but I mainly prioritized just what month each took in.

It's actually pretty funny to realize that the series actually skips over ALOT of time. Like June is almost entirely skipped (Internships are at the end of May and Final Exams are at beginning of July). August is also pretty much all skipped over with just moving into dorms and training as License Exam is in beginning of September, so this OVA would take place in that time period.

I can see with this instance that Midoryia's being mostly complacent cuz he knows it's the only way to actually get him to listen so might as well just let him yell and push him, especially since he was actually hurt. Also it is pre-their big fight, so slightly more understandable he'd still be more reckless and irritable at this moment.

I forgot to mention, but I also loved the nice detail demonstrating Midoryia, Bakugo, and Todoroki's intelligence how they all were able to deduce each other's plans. Acts as a nice, possibly unintentional foreshadowing, to the Endeavor Agency stuff where it shows (even if Bakugo doesn't want to admit it), the three of them are all pretty much on the same wavelength and can work together tremendously well.

I'd say Mina would probably make more sense for the Tsuyu, Jiro rotation rather than including Momo there, since she's almost always a presence in these group stories, due to the usefulness of her abilities, plus she's a constant in the Top 10 rankings.
    Cool, good work. Yeah, I don't need to know exact dates (though if they were able to nail it down that much that's nice attention to detail). It's always kinda fun when a series makes these small unmentioned timeskips. It makes the sense of perspective a nice surprise when you realize it. They have a lot of things happening between the second and third seasons. Out of curiosity, where does Heroes Rising fit in among the story arcs?

Besides the initial complaint, Bakugo doesn't even say that much when Deku takes over his role to break the ice. He knew that was the way to go and let it happen without much fuss. Good for him.

Thinking about it, you're probably right. Momo does appear a bit more often in prominent group roles compared to Mina, Tsuyu and Jiro. At least enough to be outside of the rotation. Poor Tooru though.

Cool, good work. Yeah, I don't need to know exact dates (though if they were able to nail it down that much that's nice attention to detail). It's always kinda fun when a series makes these small unmentioned timeskips. It makes the sense of perspective a nice surprise when you realize it. They have a lot of things happening between the second and third seasons. Out of curiosity, where does Heroes Rising fit in among the story arcs?

Besides the initial complaint, Bakugo doesn't even say that much when Deku takes over his role to break the ice. He knew that was the way to go and let it happen without much fuss. Good for him.

Thinking about it, you're probably right. Momo does appear a bit more often in prominent group roles compared to Mina, Tsuyu and Jiro. At least enough to be outside of the rotation. Poor Tooru though.
    Heroes Rising takes place in-between Chapters 241 (the Interview Practice) and 242 (Christmas), during the mid-December period when the students are tasked with doing more hands-on work studies (in preparation of what's to come), but before their internships. The beginning of the movie actually follows up immediately right after the Meta Liberation Army battle in Ch. 240 with the Doctor asking the League to do "one more thing".

It does really bug me just how little actual development or even character Toru has gotten over the series. Personality wise she's just a slightly more bubbly version of Mina, and even all the minor students have memorable designs and/or get to actually do something, while I'm pretty sure Toru's only actually done something once, and that was during the License Exam. I get that she's invisible, but you'd think they'd want to take that to their advantage to make her "stand out" more. I think that's also why so many people believe she could be the traitor, that she's such a "blank slate" already it'd hurt the least to have her be the bad guy.

Extraordinary Member

Heroes Rising takes place in-between Chapters 241 (the Interview Practice) and 242 (Christmas), during the mid-December period when the students are tasked with doing more hands-on work studies (in preparation of what's to come), but before their internships. The beginning of the movie actually follows up immediately right after the Meta Liberation Army battle in Ch. 240 with the Doctor asking the League to do "one more thing".

It does really bug me just how little actual development or even character Toru has gotten over the series. Personality wise she's just a slightly more bubbly version of Mina, and even all the minor students have memorable designs and/or get to actually do something, while I'm pretty sure Toru's only actually done something once, and that was during the License Exam. I get that she's invisible, but you'd think they'd want to take that to their advantage to make her "stand out" more. I think that's also why so many people believe she could be the traitor, that she's such a "blank slate" already it'd hurt the least to have her be the bad guy.
    Wow, that's pretty darn specific. I wonder what the meeting was like when Horikoshi suggested that they'd set the movie several into the story that they haven't actually animated yet. I hope they space out the interview practice and christmas party between two episodes so that you can end one episode, watch the movie and pick up with the next episode for that chronological goodness.

I'm still baffled that she's been focusing on her invisibility. She's basically a light-bender. That should give her so many more avenues to explore in her hero work. I've also seen some really cool new designs for costumes for Toru, and I'd say she really needs it, unlike Momo's which as a purpose at least. And yeah, I'm still banking on traitor Toru. It would hurt so much less than traitor Monoma. But at the same time it would mean one less girl in the class. Which is bad.

Wow, that's pretty darn specific. I wonder what the meeting was like when Horikoshi suggested that they'd set the movie several into the story that they haven't actually animated yet. I hope they space out the interview practice and christmas party between two episodes so that you can end one episode, watch the movie and pick up with the next episode for that chronological goodness.

I'm still baffled that she's been focusing on her invisibility. She's basically a light-bender. That should give her so many more avenues to explore in her hero work. I've also seen some really cool new designs for costumes for Toru, and I'd say she really needs it, unlike Momo's which as a purpose at least. And yeah, I'm still banking on traitor Toru. It would hurt so much less than traitor Monoma. But at the same time it would mean one less girl in the class. Which is bad.
    I believe the studio said they wanted to make a movie centring on Class 1A, just like how Two Heroes was centred on Midoryia & All Might, so Horikoshi recommended that it take place in the winter, presumably because by then Bakugo and Todoroki would have their licenses so they could be considered "proper heroes" alongside everyone else, so they went with it even though it meant skipping an entire season. Since they were developing the movie the same time as he was writing the League of Villains arc, I honestly would not be surprised if it turned out he wrote those chapters where they do get the license strictly because of the movie. (Nine even has a brief cameo in one of those LoV chapters too, before he was officially unveiled).

And yeah, especially since unlike with Two Heroes where it clearly takes place in-between Seasons 2 & 3, I'm pretty sure Season 5 will end up stretching into the Endeavor Agency stuff, so having some kind of "Go Rewatch The 2nd Movie Here" tease would be really nice. I feel like the formation of the PLF & Interviews will be its own episode, and then Christmas will be the follow-up, since the former accompany each other better than the latter.

It's a shame that the most amount of information we've gotten from Toru is a not really canon short gag story (the one where the girls try to find out what she looks like). I feel like unless the reveal also includes a twist that she could make herself visible the entire time and just never did it, having her just be the traitor would just seem a bit too safe and easy. I still personally believe the Monoma theory to be fairly possible, though if I had to pick a favourite theory, it'd be Aoyoma, specifically that he didn't do it maliciously but was forced into by circumstance, since it makes it still a betrayal, but not making him be completely irredeemable, as opposed to having a character turn out to be "evil the whole time."

HOOOOOOOO BOY. This is a heavy chapter right here.

spoilers:
    Shigaraki continues to ramble on about his ideals to the heroes in front of him, using his experiences to dictate how so much of the filth of society is just swept under the rug, and how he represents the decay of this buildup to fail to actually enact change than just reinforcing status quo. Endeavor shoots fire at him, but he still continues to fight back, before getting knocked down by Gran Torino, commenting that Endeavor appears to be almost all out of his power.

Torino's leg gets busted by Shigaraki as he's pinned to the ground, remembering when Nana gave up Kotaro, and realizing the true meaning behind Shigaraki's words. Thinking on this, Shigaraki busts him in the gut, blood splurting out.

Midoryia jumps in a fit of rage while he jumps away straight to Aizawa. Ryuku grabs him, where he manages to also shoot a hole directly through her dragon hand. Midoryia grabs ahold of him using blackwhip, as Shigaraki says he can never forgive anyone. Using all his rage, he manifests a hoard of black whips to grab ahold of him, while Endeavor prepares for one final blow. However, just at this moment, Shigaraki secretly pulls out the quirk erasing bullet, ending on a perfect shot to Aizawa straight through Ryuku's hole, and an image of Eri...
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    So firstly, if this is the end of Gran Torino, damn that stings. It's possible he may still be "alive enough" for some last words, but I think he'll be gone either way. Especially going out in this way, thinking back on that devastating flashback between him and Nana, and potentially realizing they were wrong, and still with incomplete closure, it hurts. Also because of this, I've noticed people have been reposting some older official artwork of Midoryia wearing Gran Torino's cape, so it's very possible that could be coming to fruition.

Shigaraki's plight continues to stand as being very interesting, having some profound things to say about the flaws in the hero society and how they unintentionally birth the issues they're trying to stop, however at the same time using this POV as an excuse just to make things worse for everyone. It's also truly insane just how durable this dude is now, and just how hard his hits are, I winced a bit when he gutted Midoryia like that.

Midoryia proving to be in great control of Black Whip lately, I really absolutely love anytime he whips it out because it always looks so badass. And he's using the same super hug move Uraraka did on him during his first freakout! Aww.

And lastly, the Chekov's gun is finally about to go off. Aizawa may seem like the obvious, nervous, candidate, but the others around them are all fairly likely in their own ways, and no matter who gets hit, things'll go bad. It is really good that I'm struggling to figure out where the story's gonna go. Because it feels like there has to be at least one big All For One Shiggy confrontation to end this all, but the question is how they would even be able to match up to all of that?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Looks like Deku could be losing two of his main mentors. Yeah, it looks like Gran Torini is dead and Aizawa will ironically have his quirk erased. But you never know, it is possible especially with the quirk bullet that someone else could get hit.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

HOOOOOOOO BOY. This is a heavy chapter right here.
    It was basically spoiled for me. But I still wasn't ready.
    spoilers:
    So firstly, if this is the end of Gran Torino, damn that stings. It's possible he may still be "alive enough" for some last words, but I think he'll be gone either way. Especially going out in this way, thinking back on that devastating flashback between him and Nana, and potentially realizing they were wrong, and still with incomplete closure, it hurts. Also because of this, I've noticed people have been reposting some older official artwork of Midoryia wearing Gran Torino's cape, so it's very possible that could be coming to fruition.

Shigaraki's plight continues to stand as being very interesting, having some profound things to say about the flaws in the hero society and how they unintentionally birth the issues they're trying to stop, however at the same time using this POV as an excuse just to make things worse for everyone. It's also truly insane just how durable this dude is now, and just how hard his hits are, I winced a bit when he gutted Midoryia like that.

Midoryia proving to be in great control of Black Whip lately, I really absolutely love anytime he whips it out because it always looks so badass. And he's using the same super hug move Uraraka did on him during his first freakout! Aww.

And lastly, the Chekov's gun is finally about to go off. Aizawa may seem like the obvious, nervous, candidate, but the others around them are all fairly likely in their own ways, and no matter who gets hit, things'll go bad. It is really good that I'm struggling to figure out where the story's gonna go. Because it feels like there has to be at least one big All For One Shiggy confrontation to end this all, but the question is how they would even be able to match up to all of that?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The lack of a close up on Gran Torino's corpse most likely indicates that he's not dead yet. But yeah, he'll probably only be around for some last words of encouragement to Deku (and maybe revealing Shigaraki's connection to Nana). Man, this is a bitter end to a character I've really come to enjoy over the series. But it does highlight that there's a point to Shigaraki's anger and hatred. His actions are too horrible to justify, but the motivation isn't coming from a void.

In general, the amount gruesome body damage in this arc is quite astounding. Like, Shigaraki punched through one of Ryukyu's claws. It's not the worst we've seen, but it's quite anti-pleasant. And Shiggy's durability and endurance makes him a great candidate to show off how devastating some of these quirks can actually be. And as soon as Aizawa's taken out of the picture he'll get his regen back. I love this, the stakes are so massive.

So the most obvious candidates to me are Aizawa, Endeavor and Bakugo, because Shiggy obviously doesn't want to erase One For All (he wants that). Each one would have their own set of devastating consequences for the story, but none of them would end it. I feel like a follow up confrontation with an even stronger Shigaraki would have fewer overall numbers. Like Shigaraki and the remaining League of Villains core members taking on the members of class 1A after they've mastered their powers. Just a final grudge match between these two groups that have been going at it since the attack on USJ. It's less grand in a way, but more personal.

One final good note. I like that Endeavor trusts Deku enough to count on him holding Shigaraki in place. Considering who Endeavor is, that trust says a lot.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Also, this probably isn't everybody's cup of tea but Shoto recently fought his brother from another universe in the show Death Battle.

spoilers:
    The lack of a close up on Gran Torino's corpse most likely indicates that he's not dead yet. But yeah, he'll probably only be around for some last words of encouragement to Deku (and maybe revealing Shigaraki's connection to Nana). Man, this is a bitter end to a character I've really come to enjoy over the series. But it does highlight that there's a point to Shigaraki's anger and hatred. His actions are too horrible to justify, but the motivation isn't coming from a void.

In general, the amount gruesome body damage in this arc is quite astounding. Like, Shigaraki punched through one of Ryukyu's claws. It's not the worst we've seen, but it's quite anti-pleasant. And Shiggy's durability and endurance makes him a great candidate to show off how devastating some of these quirks can actually be. And as soon as Aizawa's taken out of the picture he'll get his regen back. I love this, the stakes are so massive.

So the most obvious candidates to me are Aizawa, Endeavor and Bakugo, because Shiggy obviously doesn't want to erase One For All (he wants that). Each one would have their own set of devastating consequences for the story, but none of them would end it. I feel like a follow up confrontation with an even stronger Shigaraki would have fewer overall numbers. Like Shigaraki and the remaining League of Villains core members taking on the members of class 1A after they've mastered their powers. Just a final grudge match between these two groups that have been going at it since the attack on USJ. It's less grand in a way, but more personal.

One final good note. I like that Endeavor trusts Deku enough to count on him holding Shigaraki in place. Considering who Endeavor is, that trust says a lot.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    While it is unlikely, Deku could still get hit byt the bullet, if he lets go of Tomura and super leaps in the way. Bakugo is probably the most likely to get hit, since he isn't actively engaged with Tomura. Of couse Manual could also get hit by shoving Aizawa out of the way, bu that would probably be anti-climatic
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yea that actually makes alot of sense, since other than All Might, he'd be the only one who could tell him about the Shimura connection, and I imagine that'll end up being a major key for whatever Midoryia would need to do to take him down, especially if this is how Float will finally end up manifesting.

You got Mirko earlier losing an arm AND an ear all at once, Hawks' wings are probably nearly toast, everyone is getting crippled it's crazy. Plus, I keep forgetting that Shiggy still technically only has 2 fingers on his left hand after the Re-Destro fight, though I can't really tell for sure if that's one of the things that grow back whenever he uses his regeneration or not.

Other than Manual maybe taking the hit for Aizawa, which would create an even more tense ticking clock since he would have no more water for the eyes, rather than immediate doom for everyone, or Aizawa himself just getting it, Bakugo flying in and taking the bullet also feels like a very strong contender at this point. I think Endeavor losing his quirk still feels very likely to me, though in this specific instance doesn't seem like he'd be the major target. It could very well be possible he might just end up getting it stolen with All For One instead, since that's the other very important Chekov's Gun, he's gotta steal at least 1 quirk this arc, right? (Also this isn't even considering the possibility he probably has like 2 or 3 of them in his pocket still!)

That's something I've actually really liked about Endeavor lately is that very interesting relationship that, unintentionally, developed between him and Midoryia. You see how his words about Shoto being "his own" still stuck with him, how he can understand and relate to him having this incredible power that greatly injures his body, how he's able to so easily decipher his ramblings, he gives him a different clever allegory to help visualize his power, and there's him listening in on their conversation about Touya and taking his words to heart. Plus even just earlier when he hijacks the comms to be all "Shigaraki's after me no time to explain!" and trusts him enough to follow along with their plan rather than completely hijacking it. Since he's proven himself to actually be a pretty good teacher for Midoryia, and now that he knows about the term "One For All", it'll be very intriguing to see how everyone's dynamics change if/when he learns the truth.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    While it is unlikely, Deku could still get hit byt the bullet, if he lets go of Tomura and super leaps in the way. Bakugo is probably the most likely to get hit, since he isn't actively engaged with Tomura. Of couse Manual could also get hit by shoving Aizawa out of the way, bu that would probably be anti-climatic
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I feel like that would actually be really clever reverse psychology on Midoryia's part, since he knows Shigaraki wants One For All, so of course wouldn't want to erase the quirk or kill him yet, so he could use that to his advantage. Though with all the danger and adrenaline, I can obviously see why that wouldn't come to mind.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Also one thing that isn't made clear; how is Tomura actually firing the bullet, he just has the bullet not a gun and given he's restrained, is he trying to flick it with his super strength
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Yea that actually makes alot of sense, since other than All Might, he'd be the only one who could tell him about the Shimura connection, and I imagine that'll end up being a major key for whatever Midoryia would need to do to take him down, especially if this is how Float will finally end up manifesting.

You got Mirko earlier losing an arm AND an ear all at once, Hawks' wings are probably nearly toast, everyone is getting crippled it's crazy. Plus, I keep forgetting that Shiggy still technically only has 2 fingers on his left hand after the Re-Destro fight, though I can't really tell for sure if that's one of the things that grow back whenever he uses his regeneration or not.

Other than Manual maybe taking the hit for Aizawa, which would create an even more tense ticking clock since he would have no more water for the eyes, rather than immediate doom for everyone, or Aizawa himself just getting it, Bakugo flying in and taking the bullet also feels like a very strong contender at this point. I think Endeavor losing his quirk still feels very likely to me, though in this specific instance doesn't seem like he'd be the major target. It could very well be possible he might just end up getting it stolen with All For One instead, since that's the other very important Chekov's Gun, he's gotta steal at least 1 quirk this arc, right? (Also this isn't even considering the possibility he probably has like 2 or 3 of them in his pocket still!)

That's something I've actually really liked about Endeavor lately is that very interesting relationship that, unintentionally, developed between him and Midoryia. You see how his words about Shoto being "his own" still stuck with him, how he can understand and relate to him having this incredible power that greatly injures his body, how he's able to so easily decipher his ramblings, he gives him a different clever allegory to help visualize his power, and there's him listening in on their conversation about Touya and taking his words to heart. Plus even just earlier when he hijacks the comms to be all "Shigaraki's after me no time to explain!" and trusts him enough to follow along with their plan rather than completely hijacking it. Since he's proven himself to actually be a pretty good teacher for Midoryia, and now that he knows about the term "One For All", it'll be very intriguing to see how everyone's dynamics change if/when he learns the truth.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

At the very least it would help Deku understand Shigaraki a bit more, which will be essential in overcoming him in the end. Float is a kind of understated Checkov's gun in this whole mess. It feels like Deku would've used it for his movement by now, but we don't know the specifics of it yet or if he's even unlocked it. So it'll be interesting to see how it comes into play here (because it certainly feels like it should).

His healing factor was active for a while after awakening and before Aizawa turned off all his quirks, but it doesn't seem like his hand was healed during that time. Maybe it needs more time to fix them, or the quirk can't heal injuries from before it was active.

Could be that one person loses their quirk to the bullet and just when Shiggy is about to steal another quirk with AFO the effects of his early awakening settles in and Gigantomachia deems it necessary to make a hasty retreat and tend to Shigaraki's wounds. As for who gets hit by the bullet, that's very much up in the air. It's so nerve-wracking! Though I imagine that he'll want to save some of the bullets if he's still intending to mass produce them. So this is just to get his own quirk started again. Ooh, if Aizawa loses his quirk then that'll make it that much more difficult to train Eri in using hers. The drama!

A functional mentor-trainee relationship between Deku and Endeavor was certainly not in the cards when we first got to meet Enji. But it's a really welcome surprise. Who Deku might tell about One For All is up in the air. I still kinda like it being a secret in general, as a neat throwback to superheroes having secret identities. But it would be nice if a few more people knew about it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Also one thing that isn't made clear; how is Tomura actually firing the bullet, he just has the bullet not a gun and given he's restrained, is he trying to flick it with his super strength
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Something along those lines I think. Or he could just stab someone with it.
    end of spoilers