Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Information has surfaced regarding the 5th school briefs light novel.

It will primarily take place during the holidays it seems.

So prepare for lots of christmassy cuteness!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

spoilers:
    Something along those lines I think. Or he could just stab someone with it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He can't really stab anyoune with it, given he's restrained and it looks like the needle is retracted until it is fired, otherwise, he might have accidnetly stabbed himself. So looks like he will try and flick it
    end of spoilers

Excited for here there will be another School Briefs

Also, this probably isn't everybody's cup of tea but Shoto recently fought his brother from another universe in the show Death Battle.

My money is on Shoto - Zuko is hampered by the rule that he must not win any battle of narrative consequence.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Also one thing that isn't made clear; how is Tomura actually firing the bullet, he just has the bullet not a gun and given he's restrained, is he trying to flick it with his super strength
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    With how damn durable this dude is, being able to flick a bullet at the speed of a gun might be the most believable thing of anything he's capable of right about now lol
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

At the very least it would help Deku understand Shigaraki a bit more, which will be essential in overcoming him in the end. Float is a kind of understated Checkov's gun in this whole mess. It feels like Deku would've used it for his movement by now, but we don't know the specifics of it yet or if he's even unlocked it. So it'll be interesting to see how it comes into play here (because it certainly feels like it should).

His healing factor was active for a while after awakening and before Aizawa turned off all his quirks, but it doesn't seem like his hand was healed during that time. Maybe it needs more time to fix them, or the quirk can't heal injuries from before it was active.

Could be that one person loses their quirk to the bullet and just when Shiggy is about to steal another quirk with AFO the effects of his early awakening settles in and Gigantomachia deems it necessary to make a hasty retreat and tend to Shigaraki's wounds. As for who gets hit by the bullet, that's very much up in the air. It's so nerve-wracking! Though I imagine that he'll want to save some of the bullets if he's still intending to mass produce them. So this is just to get his own quirk started again. Ooh, if Aizawa loses his quirk then that'll make it that much more difficult to train Eri in using hers. The drama!

A functional mentor-trainee relationship between Deku and Endeavor was certainly not in the cards when we first got to meet Enji. But it's a really welcome surprise. Who Deku might tell about One For All is up in the air. I still kinda like it being a secret in general, as a neat throwback to superheroes having secret identities. But it would be nice if a few more people knew about it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I've seen alot of theories that, just how Black Whip was awakened due to "anger", Float will be awakened through "Love" of some sort, since that was what Nana has talked about in the past. I've also seen some suggest that Shigaraki himself might have Nana's Float too, which considering it was confirmed earlier one of his hands WAS in fact Nana's, is very plausible. It's also possible he could have some of the other OFA successors quirks as well, though since they said AFO was only going after "the strongest quirks" and that the OFA's ones were "weak", its not as likely. Also I agree, we still aren't sure exactly how "Float" works, if it's anything more than just "hovering", but we shall hopefully see.

I feel like the ship has sailed regarding mass producing the quirk erasing bullets, since it appeared to be that was what they were attempting to do, but then most of them were destroyed during Shigaraki's awakening, so at this point he's probably just gonna use however many he has remaining, and it'll be up to whatever happens to Eri regarding if it all comes back into play or not.

Endeavor's a smart enough guy to be able to put 2 and 2 together regarding "All For One", "One For All", "Midoryia", and "All Might", so it's gonna most likely be a case of him forcing an explanation out of them, and inadvertently thrown into the secret group by circumstance. Though I would really like to see some of his closest friends learn about it too (at least Todoroki, Uraraka, and Iida).
    end of spoilers

AHHHHHH! When you said this I immediately had to go search it up that's so exciting! I keep forgetting Japan doesn't have that months long build-up for pre-orders like they do in North America, just "Hey here's a new release, it's coming out next week, buy it!" Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for the English translation to come out. It does look like we're gonna get alot of cozy, chill stories, which are always some of my favourites. Fingers crossed for something to do with one of the Internships and an Eri spotlight!

School_Briefs_V_Cover.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    With how damn durable this dude is, being able to flick a bullet at the speed of a gun might be the most believable thing of anything he's capable of right about now lol
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I've seen alot of theories that, just how Black Whip was awakened due to "anger", Float will be awakened through "Love" of some sort, since that was what Nana has talked about in the past. I've also seen some suggest that Shigaraki himself might have Nana's Float too, which considering it was confirmed earlier one of his hands WAS in fact Nana's, is very plausible. It's also possible he could have some of the other OFA successors quirks as well, though since they said AFO was only going after "the strongest quirks" and that the OFA's ones were "weak", its not as likely. Also I agree, we still aren't sure exactly how "Float" works, if it's anything more than just "hovering", but we shall hopefully see.

I feel like the ship has sailed regarding mass producing the quirk erasing bullets, since it appeared to be that was what they were attempting to do, but then most of them were destroyed during Shigaraki's awakening, so at this point he's probably just gonna use however many he has remaining, and it'll be up to whatever happens to Eri regarding if it all comes back into play or not.

Endeavor's a smart enough guy to be able to put 2 and 2 together regarding "All For One", "One For All", "Midoryia", and "All Might", so it's gonna most likely be a case of him forcing an explanation out of them, and inadvertently thrown into the secret group by circumstance. Though I would really like to see some of his closest friends learn about it too (at least Todoroki, Uraraka, and Iida).
    end of spoilers

AHHHHHH! When you said this I immediately had to go search it up that's so exciting! I keep forgetting Japan doesn't have that months long build-up for pre-orders like they do in North America, just "Hey here's a new release, it's coming out next week, buy it!" Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for the English translation to come out. It does look like we're gonna get alot of cozy, chill stories, which are always some of my favourites. Fingers crossed for something to do with one of the Internships and an Eri spotlight!

Already loving the cover

Extraordinary Member

I do love that cover.

It would be pretty swanky if we could get it in the west just in time for christmas. Just to match the holiday spirit.

I do love that cover.

It would be pretty swanky if we could get it in the west just in time for christmas. Just to match the holiday spirit.
    Thatw ould be awesome, it would feel weird getting it in say the Summer

I do love that cover.

We know already for sure it's not coming out in English by year's end, and I wouldn't want to wait all the way till the end of next year, so I feel like Summer 2021 might end up being the most likely candidate for the release date.

And now it's time for weekly dose of screaming as things just keep getting more brutal.

spoilers:
    Just as Shigaraki prepares to flick the bullet at Aizawa, Midoryia gives him a full 100% Wynoming Smash...only to be stopped by Shigaraki biting his arm, and successfully flicking it at Aizawa's leg. BUT INSTEAD AIZAWA JUST CUTS HIS F'KING LEG OFF SAVING HIMSELF.

Shigaraki again busts forward about to crush Aizawa's face, but is stopped by a combination of Black Whip...and ice. SHOTO IS HERE, who it turns out was the other star following them this whole time. Midoryia proceeds to give Shigaraki a massive Black-Whip enhanced sucker punch to the gut as he's flung away, catching the de-capacitated Aizawa. Out from the dust, Shigaraki gets back up, seemingly with his quirks all returned, as he starts to re-generate.

Meanwhile back in the city, Iida, Tsuyu, and Uraraka wonder what happened to Todoroki, Midoryia, and Bakugo, and are about to head over, until they see news about a giant monster preparing to rampage directly towards them. Turns out the heroes failed to halt Gigantomachia, and the sedative hasn't taken effect yet, as he prepares to tear apart everything....
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    So this is probably one of the most metal chapters yet, there's just so much insanity going on it's almost too much. Completely crisped Shigaraki chomping down on Midoryia's arm. Aizawa going full Walking Dead and once again proving why he's the best. What's funny is the day the chapter was released in Japan, Aizawa was trending on Twitter, and I was so scared to look and spoil myself, but deep down I knew it wouldn't be as simple as what I thought, AND IM GLAD IT WASNT. And then Midoryia using Black Whip like a spiked gauntlet I just absolutely cheered myself over, I love that quirk so much.

It's a slight shame it wasn't Uraraka following them, but does make complete sense it's Shoto, since now the 1A Big 3 are back together, especially if it looks like he's got All For One back awakened in his system. (Plus it just brings us that much closer to those 3 characters being in the same place at once). Besides, I'm probably a bit more terrified at what Uraraka, Iida, and the rest have to deal with, since now Machia just looks to be completely unstoppable, with that nightmarish final image, just going full Godzilla.

Also, check out that list of cities at the end, all still Star Wars references, good ol' Horikoshi.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Shoto arrives which seems to be the positive for the heroes. Tomura is back to full strength, Aizawa had to maim himself and it seems Momo and co.'s attempts to stop Gigantomachia have failed. Still it is always brightest before the dawn
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    So this is probably one of the most metal chapters yet, there's just so much insanity going on it's almost too much. Completely crisped Shigaraki chomping down on Midoryia's arm. Aizawa going full Walking Dead and once again proving why he's the best. What's funny is the day the chapter was released in Japan, Aizawa was trending on Twitter, and I was so scared to look and spoil myself, but deep down I knew it wouldn't be as simple as what I thought, AND IM GLAD IT WASNT. And then Midoryia using Black Whip like a spiked gauntlet I just absolutely cheered myself over, I love that quirk so much.

It's a slight shame it wasn't Uraraka following them, but does make complete sense it's Shoto, since now the 1A Big 3 are back together, especially if it looks like he's got All For One back awakened in his system. (Plus it just brings us that much closer to those 3 characters being in the same place at once). Besides, I'm probably a bit more terrified at what Uraraka, Iida, and the rest have to deal with, since now Machia just looks to be completely unstoppable, with that nightmarish final image, just going full Godzilla.

Also, check out that list of cities at the end, all still Star Wars references, good ol' Horikoshi.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

That whole thing is quite an elaborate sequence. I had to double check it to catch everything. Mainly I wanted to make sure that Aizawa actually cut off his own damn leg! He does, the dismemberment itself doesn't get a lot of focus, but we can see the leg flying off there. That's a good cutting arm on Aizawa, and the sheer guts of this man. Damn! But I guess that we can possibly eliminate the erasure bullets from all considerations.

Shigaraki's menace is just on point as well this chapter. From catching a 100% smash with his freaking mouth to accurately hitting Aizawa with a finger flicked dart to tanking even more devastating blows from Deku and Todoroki, and then just getting up like nothing happened now that his healing factor is up and running again. They tried so hard to take down a "powerless" Shigaraki, and now he's got his quirks going again. Rarely has it been so satisfying to see a villain be so terrifying.

I will admit that I am more than a little disappointed that it wasn't Ochako running off after Deku. I just want Deku to team up with her and Iida again, it's been so long since they were together. But if the trade off is that she'll be in the group that takes on Gigantomachia next, hopefully doing better than the last group, then it might be worth it.

I think that last splash page does the best job yet of showcasing just how enormous Gigantomachia is.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Also, good news for me!

To my shock and disbelif, Heroes Rising is actually up on cinema here in Stockholm.

I'm coordinating with some friends now, but the plan is to see it during the week. Hopefully on tuesday.

With all the necessary corona precautions taken of course.

I'm excited!

Update: Yup! Seeing it tomorrow with two friends. So excited.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 08-31-2020 at 12:11 AM.

spoilers:

That whole thing is quite an elaborate sequence. I had to double check it to catch everything. Mainly I wanted to make sure that Aizawa actually cut off his own damn leg! He does, the dismemberment itself doesn't get a lot of focus, but we can see the leg flying off there. That's a good cutting arm on Aizawa, and the sheer guts of this man. Damn! But I guess that we can possibly eliminate the erasure bullets from all considerations.

Shigaraki's menace is just on point as well this chapter. From catching a 100% smash with his freaking mouth to accurately hitting Aizawa with a finger flicked dart to tanking even more devastating blows from Deku and Todoroki, and then just getting up like nothing happened now that his healing factor is up and running again. They tried so hard to take down a "powerless" Shigaraki, and now he's got his quirks going again. Rarely has it been so satisfying to see a villain be so terrifying.

I will admit that I am more than a little disappointed that it wasn't Ochako running off after Deku. I just want Deku to team up with her and Iida again, it's been so long since they were together. But if the trade off is that she'll be in the group that takes on Gigantomachia next, hopefully doing better than the last group, then it might be worth it.

I think that last splash page does the best job yet of showcasing just how enormous Gigantomachia is.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah it is disappointing that Deku has seemed to ditched Ochako and Ida for his more popular firends, but sadly that happens a lot in anime/manga
    end of spoilers

Also, good news for me!

To my shock and disbelif, Heroes Rising is actually up on cinema here in Stockholm.

I'm coordinating with some friends now, but the plan is to see it during the week. Hopefully on tuesday.

I'm excited!

That's great news, hope you enjoy it

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's all exciting too because now we have no idea what else the remaining fighters could do to Shigaraki and Gigantomachia. All the pros are pretty much out for the count, and now they know they can't just keep wailing on Shiggy and hoping that works, so they somehow need a new strategy. Plus, somehow stopping Machia after already being proven impossible to slow him down. I love these constant twists because it's never as easy as "This side wins this round."
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah it is disappointing that Deku has seemed to ditched Ochako and Ida for his more popular firends, but sadly that happens a lot in anime/manga
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It is understandable why this is the case alot of the time, Todoroki is the other main "powerhouse" of the class alongside Midoryia & Bakugo, so they'd fight together alot, he's always in Top 3 in popularity polls so they want to keep him around, plus with Endeavor being a more and more prominent character in the story, it of course makes sense Todoroki would be right in front as well. But at least they are still keeping Uraraka relevant, even if it's not as much as those other two, and I still believe she'll end up being important for whenever "Float" comes into play, at least hopefully. It is a shame that Iida was a pretty prominent character in the series for a while, but has mostly disappeared into the background ever since the Hideout Raid.
    end of spoilers

Also, good news for me!

I'm excited!

Ahh that's awesome! It's definitively worth checking out on a big screen so glad you get to experience that! (They played it in 4D over here as well and I'm still kicking myself over missing that screening)