Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

80 issues in and I prefer Todoraki than Bakugo. Bakugo's just an ******* you'd hope someone would just kick in the nuts repeatedly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    80 issues in and I prefer Todoraki than Bakugo. Bakugo's just an ******* you'd hope someone would just kick in the nuts repeatedly.
    There are places where people would argue against that. Not here, at least not with me, especially not from where you're at in the story.

Bakugo does get better, though how much varies from reader to reader. And I will always prefer Todoroki over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    Depending on how well whatever Best Jeanist pulls off here works I wonder if he doesn't just go shoot up even further in the hero rankings. And you gotta wonder how many of the pro heroes know about him coming in like this, or maybe this was a spur of the moment thing when he saw how bad everything was going.

Toga seems disappointed that Ochako considers them meeting up for a talk to be unimportant in the current situation. Like she's getting an inkling that she's way more into this "friendship" than Ochako is. It's about priorities, Ochako is here as Uravity to save people and uses what she considers a failure on her part to push herself harder. Toga wants a pick me up by talking with a friend after another friend died, all the chaos and terror around her being of secondary concern. It will be interesting to see how Toga reacts to this revelation that they're not on the same wavelength.

Further, I'm so proud of Ochako. She's in the middle of a disaster and she's handling herself like a pro. Taking charge when it's required, reacting to sudden like saving people when a massive piece of debris comes flying towards them (those cables were a brilliant addition) and just generally keeping a cool head. She's come so far and I love it, now she just needs to kick Toga's ass!

I kinda loved the little scenes of camaraderie we got with the LoV members. Compress informing Toga about Ochako and Tsuyu's presence becaue he knew that was important to her, Toga's stupidly cute reaction and Spinner's little speech to her. They are a twisted found family and I love them for it. That's the reason why they're one of my favourite villain groups in manga/comics period. Of course Dabi' also there being shady now that we know how little he truly cares for them all, and Sceptic is fun too. They have a great dynamic.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He had a moment like this in Vigilantes where he showed how badass he truly could be (ie: actually got to do something), so I imagine we'll get something similar here. Though I also assume they'll still end up getting close to, if not directly at the battlefield anyway.

That does make the most sense, about her being disappointed her question was dismissed or being thought of secondary to the greater issues, while she made seeing her her top priority. I did think it was funny the dialogue made it sound like she was dismissing Toga as a threat too, with the whole "I'm saving people, if you get in my way I'll arrest you", like she's giving her the option to leave and she won't try to stop her, don't know how intentional that was. Also now I'm starting to think of the possibility of them ending up in the middle of Machia's path and Uraraka has to save her too.

I'd actually say Uraraka might be one of the better hand-to-hand fighters in the entire series, since everyone else focuses on either their quirks or raw strength, so it's always really great when she gets to show off those skills (the Joint Training exercise being probably her biggest highlight).

I do really like how surprisingly caring Compress is, especially since he is significantly older and seems to be the most "doing this for the fun of it" out of them all. In other stories he would be the one to turn and abandon when things go bad, but he kind of has that older guardian approach of looking after everyone and wanting the best for each other. I do wonder how learning Dabi's true identity will effect their dynamic, if he'll start to become more open in some ways to the others, or will just always be shady and that'll be his downfall. He is very much like Shoto was before the Sports Festival, apart of the class but does not care but anyone else besides accomplishing his goal. Also still curious to see what Skeptic's role in all this will be.
    end of spoilers

It helps that Todoroki has the Sports Festival to greatly enhance his arc that leads to alot of development with his character fairly quickly, while Bakugo takes a while for his big development to really start and even then it takes even longer for any meaningful change to take into effect.

I'm a really big fan of Todoroki's overall arc in the series, not just the most noteworthy being the family drama, but also the more subdued arc about searching for a purpose. He wanted to be #1 just to spite his father, now he doesn't want to do that, but doesn't know what exactly he wants anymore, so he's pretty much just been working on his personality and moveset to determine what kind of hero he wants to become, and I think that's all executed tremendously well. Bakugo's goal pretty much remains the same beyond "try not to be less of a dick", which I don't think it's as effective. He suffers from alot of similar issues other Shonen rivals have, his anger works when its done for comedic effect, but nearly every other *******-ish remark just comes off as annoying and petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    He had a moment like this in Vigilantes where he showed how badass he truly could be (ie: actually got to do something), so I imagine we'll get something similar here. Though I also assume they'll still end up getting close to, if not directly at the battlefield anyway.

That does make the most sense, about her being disappointed her question was dismissed or being thought of secondary to the greater issues, while she made seeing her her top priority. I did think it was funny the dialogue made it sound like she was dismissing Toga as a threat too, with the whole "I'm saving people, if you get in my way I'll arrest you", like she's giving her the option to leave and she won't try to stop her, don't know how intentional that was. Also now I'm starting to think of the possibility of them ending up in the middle of Machia's path and Uraraka has to save her too.

I'd actually say Uraraka might be one of the better hand-to-hand fighters in the entire series, since everyone else focuses on either their quirks or raw strength, so it's always really great when she gets to show off those skills (the Joint Training exercise being probably her biggest highlight).

I do really like how surprisingly caring Compress is, especially since he is significantly older and seems to be the most "doing this for the fun of it" out of them all. In other stories he would be the one to turn and abandon when things go bad, but he kind of has that older guardian approach of looking after everyone and wanting the best for each other. I do wonder how learning Dabi's true identity will effect their dynamic, if he'll start to become more open in some ways to the others, or will just always be shady and that'll be his downfall. He is very much like Shoto was before the Sports Festival, apart of the class but does not care but anyone else besides accomplishing his goal. Also still curious to see what Skeptic's role in all this will be.
    end of spoilers

It helps that Todoroki has the Sports Festival to greatly enhance his arc that leads to alot of development with his character fairly quickly, while Bakugo takes a while for his big development to really start and even then it takes even longer for any meaningful change to take into effect.

I'm a really big fan of Todoroki's overall arc in the series, not just the most noteworthy being the family drama, but also the more subdued arc about searching for a purpose. He wanted to be #1 just to spite his father, now he doesn't want to do that, but doesn't know what exactly he wants anymore, so he's pretty much just been working on his personality and moveset to determine what kind of hero he wants to become, and I think that's all executed tremendously well. Bakugo's goal pretty much remains the same beyond "try not to be less of a dick", which I don't think it's as effective. He suffers from alot of similar issues other Shonen rivals have, his anger works when its done for comedic effect, but nearly every other *******-ish remark just comes off as annoying and petty.
    Yeah, Shoto has way better development that Bakugo. Bakugo's problem is that he is constantly portrayed as a jerk with brief moments of development, but they are far and few between. His development doesn't seem naturual and it isn't helped that as it goes on his anger is usually played for laughs

I've been working on a project for myself and re-visisting the series, so because of that I decided to rank my favourite action sequences just for the fun of it (sticking with anime only to make things easier). Took action, animation, and story in mind when deciding how to place them all.

10. Midoryia, Iida, & Todoroki vs. Stain (S2) – One of the more strategic fights, seeing Stain with differing approaches to fighting with each of his three opponents, the three students learning on the spot how to work together in their first real fight, all in a pretty cramped alleyway, alongside exploring the pathos of Iida’s arc, make this still hold up as a big personal battle.

9. Todoroki, Iida, Tsuyu, & Kirishima vs. Chimera: Round 2 (Heroes Rising) - Wanted to bring special notice to this fight for probably being one of the most brutal in the entire series. The variety of the four combatants, plus Chimera's own multi-talented ability allow for some very creative combos of attacks, and every hit just feels more and more deadly, plus lots more blood than usual. Extra points for the absolute insanity that is the final blow (I still don’t believe that man isn’t dead)

8. Deku vs. Overhaul (S4) – Gives me some Avatar finale vibes, as after seeing the devastation Overhaul brought to all his previous encounters, the arrival of One For All 100% just leaves him scared and running. Midoryia getting to go all out is a great treat, and the animation and action perfectly compliment it all, especially with its excellent choice of dynamic shots. Sometimes a Super Sayan vs. a Rock Dragon is all you need.

7. Deku vs. Kacchan: Round 2 (S3) – A fight primarily focused on emotion, fitting well with Bakugo’s breakdown and Midoryia’s insistence to help, even through violence. The animation team goes all-out making the “nothing” battle feel like life or death, as the speed, movements, and abilities of the two truly get to shine.

6. All Might vs. All For One (S3) - The main hero vs. the main villain, the final confrontation and its given all the weight and attention it deserves. One everyone has talked about, it looks amazing and the feels shine all the way till the end with "It's your turn", definitively worthy of its praise.

5. Midoryia vs. Todoroki (S2) – Another fight that is focused heavily on the emotion, and where I feel hits slightly stronger in that aspect. Where the action is mostly minimal (they pretty much stand around for most of it), it is greatly heightened by the wonderful animation and colours of the clashing quirks, and the empathy and conclusion to Todoroki’s struggle as it reaches its apex.

4. Midoryia vs. Muscular (S3) - Still hits so powerful to me, just the absolute beatdown Midoryia takes and the terror he instills just to protect someone. Even though in terms of action, animation, and story, it doesn't do anything particularly standout to other fights, it does everything so equally well, and the whole fight itself perfectly encapsulates what MHA and Midoryia's journey is about, that it feels so impactful just on its own.

3. Endeavor & Hawks vs. High-End (S4) - This is so high-up mostly for the surprise factor, after seemingly the studio using up all of its resources for the season, they throw in this episode long battle filled with some of the most gorgeous animation and intricately designed attacks, demonstrating the two pros’ true skills, up against a literal nearly unstoppable monster. Throw in the Endeavor pathos and it deserves to be ranked so high up, even being so recent.

2. Deku & All Might vs. Wolfram (Two Heroes)
    1. Deku & Bakugo vs. Nine: Round 2 (Heroes Rising) - These both are kind of no brainers, considering as movie climaxes they are able to go completely overload with the mind-blowing visual spectacle, but I also really appreciate their story and thematic purposes, seeing Midoryia dual wielding One For All with his master and his rival, backed by the perfect musical compositions. HR still takes the cake for not only the guts it takes but the otherworldly nature it treats the encounter (even if its clearly taking a lot of influence from the Broly movie), but TH is still holds up as a just pure fun and satisfying final showdown. They aren’t just simply “better looking fights”, they earn their scope and payoff.

Honorable Mentions:
    Midoryia vs. Gentle & La Brava (S4) - The story and action make this a personal standout to me, even if the animation being just simply good holds it back slightly compared to some of the other fights
    All Might vs. Nomu (S1) - The original big epic battle that still holds up, even if the scale doesn't reach as high as other climaxes. Gives our first hint of the power of what AM/OFA and the Nomu could eventually reach (also points to Aizawa vs. the League of Villains which is also an excellent battle in its own right)
    The Obstacle Race/Calvary Battle (S2) - Wanted to highlight these both for not being traditional fights but still being incredibly enjoyable and creative battles where Midoryia and the others get to show off their thinking skills beyond just quirks and fighting.
    Uraraka vs. Bakugo (S2) - A fight that provides a unique outlook on the two, with Uraraka and Bakugo's insistence to give it each other's all, no matter how outmatched it may seem, with a very heavy emotional conclusion.
    Battle of Spears & Shields (S4) - Just wanted to put this here for Kirishima and Fat Gum being badasses and Rappa being the best.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:

It'll be pretty funny if Best Jeanist comes out looking like the biggest hero to general public after this whole mess. He'll probably shoot up in popularity both in and outside the series.

Ochako saving Toga has some interesting potential, or the other way around could also work. If Toga got hurt protecting Ochako from some falling debris and then Ochako helps Toga. That'd be a nice wrench to throw in there I think. And yeah, Ochako's got some of the best shown close combat skills shown in the class. She kinda needs to since while her quirk is practical and useful in a lot of situations, it's not immediately the best for combat scenarios. So knowing how to throw down old school is pretty important to her, interning with Gun-Head was a great move on her part.

Again, Compress is odd in how little we know about him considering how long he's stuck around. He's in it for he thrill like you say, but there have been times when he's acted as the sane man of the crew, trying to keep the others in check, and his loyalty to them is really solid despite seeming to have a much more frivolous motivation compared to everyone else. I don't know if I want Dabi to remain aloof and distant towards the others, or if I want him to grow fond of them... that's a lie I want them all to worm their way into his burnt little heart. I'm wondering if Shigaraki has some specific plans for Skeptic and told Gigantomachia to specifically pick him up and that's why he got dragged along.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I've been working on a project for myself and re-visisting the series, so because of that I decided to rank my favourite action sequences just for the fun of it (sticking with anime only to make things easier). Took action, animation, and story in mind when deciding how to place them all.
    Nice list, and since I am big nerd too and I see a list I must now put one together myself. This is going to be very knee-jerky just picking my top ten and placing them as I go and this order could very easily shift at any time after I've posted this. So yeah.

1. Deku vs. Todoroki: While not the best in terms of action I do think that this one is among the best at conveying its intended story, breaking Todoroki free from the shackles of abuse and for one shining moment showing the true potential of his quirk, while also showcasing what being a hero means to Deku and how he'll go out of his way for others even if it hurts him, both physically and emotionally. That climax (possibly the best use of the original You Say Run song) hits so freaking hard even today. And on a meta note, I do think that this fight is instrumental in helping the series become the giant it is today. Following the same anime rule.

2. Deku, Todoroki and Iida vs. Stain: There are so many stories coming together here and all their themes are interwoven so beautifully with some of the slickest most strategic action yet in the series. I really show rewatch it because it's so damn cool and satisfying to watch Deku lead the charge and his friends overcoming their own personal issues to join together and bring down a lethal opponent. It might be a microcosm of what I think will the endgame of the series in terms of thematic narrative.

3. All Might vs. All For One: The greastest hero in world takes on the most dangerous villain of them all. It's our proper introduction to All For One, the grand show stopper finale of their rivalry (kinda) and a massive shift for the world. It's one of the grandest bouts in the series to date and All Might stomping out his death flags makes it that much more awesome. And to now know that's it's just a taste of what we can expect for the real grand finale is quite awe-inspiring.

4. Deku and Eri vs. Overhaul: Deku saved Eri. Eri saved Deku. Together they did what neither of them could do on their own and changed the future. I love the story here and how it was done! Getting a glimpse of Deku absolutely wrecking Overhaul after an entire arc of that little **** bird being a devastating force was one of the most cathartic scenes I've ever seen.

5. Endeavor and Hawks vs. High-End: From an objective stand point this might be the best fight in the series. The coreography is on point, the animation is amazing, the pacing is perfect and the story and pathos within the fight are already great but then also elevated by all the aforementioned aspects. It's just the others above it hit my emotions harder for me.

6. Deku and All Might vs. Wolfram: Our hero teams up with his mentor as they're on the last dregs of their power to defeat a deadly foe with You Say Run accompanying it all. It is just so cool to see, well worth the price of admission alone (and I say that as a guy who flew to another country back just to see it). Just to bad that it couldn't have been against a more meaningful and interesting foe.

7. All Might vs. Nomu: This is one is just cool, ok! It's the first grand show stopper where Bones show off what they can really do with the source material and it is just fun. This might be the one I keep coming back to the most because I've found a perfect clip of it on youtube. It's just so cool.

8. Ochako vs. Bakugo: This one is here mainly because of how it pushes Ochako and her character development. She's pushing herself hard than she's ever has and while the effort is impressive in how gung-ho and clever it is, she just can't keep up with her own ambitions. But from her failure comes a new drive and that's her starting point (even if it's cheating since it does go somewhat beyond the fight).

9. Deku vs. Muscular: Deku's first desperate struggle on his own against a villain hits all the right spots. Muscular may be a simple brute, but he is an effective and terrifying villain to put up against Deku who gets a taste of One For All's true power (I have a whole theory about that and the numbers Deku uses bu that's another discussion). It isn't the best in any category, but it does things just right for the momentous occascion.

10. Deku vs. Bakugo round 2: It's a really good culmination of their relationship up to this point. A sort of breaking point that they have to overcome to move forward and establish something healthier than what they've had before. And the animation is just so dang cool.

I really wanted to put Deku vs. Gentle and La Brava somewhere because I love the story, but I don't think that the anime did justice to it in terms of animation or pacing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah, Shoto has way better development that Bakugo. Bakugo's problem is that he is constantly portrayed as a jerk with brief moments of development, but they are far and few between. His development doesn't seem naturual and it isn't helped that as it goes on his anger is usually played for laughs
    To add to this, and someone brought this up in this before, it feels like the writer indulges/over indulges Bakugo because they want to keep him in jerk-mode for their own personal perferences. He's really not pleasant in jerk-swear-mode, and frankly bends the willing suspension of disbelief all the way backwards with how he hasn't just been socially ditched by everyone that matters. There's being saintly, and then there's coming off looking like a doormat. And that's not factoring Deku's whole relationship with Bakugo, which feels like its own problematic can of worms.

(But I guess he's cool, muscular, and has just so in 90's edge that he "gets a pass". I guess...? Is it worth it...?)

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    To add to this, and someone brought this up in this before, it feels like the writer indulges/over indulges Bakugo because they want to keep him in jerk-mode for their own personal perferences. He's really not pleasant in jerk-swear-mode, and frankly bends the willing suspension of disbelief all the way backwards with how he hasn't just been socially ditched by everyone that matters. There's being saintly, and then there's coming off looking like a doormat. And that's not factoring Deku's whole relationship with Bakugo, which feels like its own problematic can of worms.

(But I guess he's cool, muscular, and has just so in 90's edge that he "gets a pass". I guess...? Is it worth it...?)
    It's probably also the reason Mineta continues to exist

Bakugou is the reason majority of fans read the series. Todoroki is a poor man's Zuko and he just gets worse. His father is much more nuanced and fleshed out.

bakugou is a fascinating character who made me reconsider teenage mental health. It's uncomfortable reading some of his scene's and the fans reaction to it. In particular his mental breakdown where he fights Deku or in the arc where Deku and Bakugou fight All Might.

I could write volumes on Bakugou [his mental state] and the very real issues and patterns we see in young people under going stress and trauma.

It's also fascinating to me the number of people who missed the significance of the origin of Katsuki Bakugou arc and what it says about the relationship between bakugou and Deku
    Last edited by Fergus; 10-25-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Nice list, and since I am big nerd too and I see a list I must now put one together myself. This is going to be very knee-jerky just picking my top ten and placing them as I go and this order could very easily shift at any time after I've posted this. So yeah.
    A couple responses to your points:
    -I definitively agree with you that Midoryia vs. Todoroki is what helped the series get so big, because while I didn't get into it until the end of that year (2017), I remember seeing that fight everywhere online that summer and everyone gushing about it, so it really left an impact.
    -If by the numbers you're referring to the 1,000,000% OFA smash, Horikoshi actually had wrote a page in Volume 9 re-clarifying this because he got so many comments from people wondering what it meant. He didn't actually use 1 million % of power, that was just exaggeration to symbolize Midoryia's intense emotion at the time, and made a point that he'd be clearer on the "power scaling" in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It's probably also the reason Mineta continues to exist
    At least with Bakugo you can tell there is a point to his actions and attitude, even when it's not executed perfectly, and there's payoff and consequences. And what's ironic about Mineta is he that can be useful, and really his whole point is supposed to be about how even a shallow drive can inspire someone to act and accomplish something, it's just that nearly all of his jokes just come down to harassing the other female students so really just feels like these are there just to fill a quota. (Also him getting away with pretty much everything makes it feel weird too)

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Bakugou is the reason majority of fans read the series. Todoroki is a poor man's Zuko and he just gets worse. His father is much more nuanced and fleshed out.

bakugou is a fascinating character who made me reconsider teenage mental health. It's uncomfortable reading some of his scene's and the fans reaction to it. In particular his mental breakdown where he fights Deku or in the arc where Deku and Bakugou fight All Might.

I could write volumes on Bakugou [his mental state] and the very real issues and patterns we see in young people under going stress and trauma.

It's also fascinating to me the number of people who missed the significance of the origin of Katsuki Bakugou arc and what it says about the relationship between bakugou and Deku
    One of the things I actually like most about Bakugo is that he isn't a "tragic figure", he doesn't have a poor backstory that explains why he acts the way he does, instead it's the opposite. He has a pretty great childhood where everyone praised him for having a great quirk, so develops an ego that leads him to look down on everyone else cause he's the "most special". So the insecurities he grows stems from a complex and image he created (Similar to Endeavor who, as far as we know, didn't suffer from any major issues and who's obsession on "being the best" and what it led him to do was all his own decision)

That's why his breakdown during their fight, and then something else that happened recently, hits really hard because he's reflecting on what consequences his actions had on others, whether it be not actually his fault (with All Might), or directly connected to him (with Midoryia).

Personally, the Midoryia & Bakugo Vs. All Might fight kind of bugs me, not because of the fight itself or the new depths we see from each of the characters, but that it doesn't really lead to any real development for the two. Midoryia doesn't learn anything new from seeing Bakugo in action, beyond re-instating his desire to always win and that he admires him, and other than confirmation that he is secretly jealous of Midoryia, Bakugo seemingly regresses right afterwards, getting mad that he saved him even if it allowed them to pass. It isn't until their fight after License Exam where they start to grow and look at each other through new perspectives. It works mostly from the reader's view where you can see how Bakugo's "win" attitude versus Midoryia's "save" attitude contrast each other, before All Might eventually spells it out later on.

That's all fine. I'm just saying my first impression after reading 80 issues.

I might see what what you mean after reading more of it but so far none of that's apparent to me.

He just comes off as a one-note bully and i don't get why people put up with him in universe. His gags are more cringe than Mineta.

Todoraki just avoids that. He is a more believable friendly rival to me.

Extraordinary Member

Bakugou is the reason majority of fans read the series.
    That is a massive hyperbole.

It's true that he's won several popularity polls. But that just shows that lots of people. There's also tons of people that really really dislike him, Horikoshi himself has noticed this and is aware of Bakugo's controversial standing in the fandom.
    Todoroki is a poor man's Zuko and he just gets worse. His father is much more nuanced and fleshed out.
    There are certainly similarities between Zuko and Shoto, but your oversimplification ignores their differences. Primarily how they deal with their fathers' abuse.

Zuko at first craves Ozai's acceptance and has bought into the fire nation's propaganda. His story is all about seeing past the lies of his country and family and all the hurt they've brought into the world, and then doing his best to help mend it all. Basically a redemption story.

Shoto on the other hand rightfully hates his father from the get go of his introduction. He's so done with Endeavor that he's aiming to become a hero while limiting his own options just to spite Endeavor, no matter how debilitating that is for him. Shoto's arc is all about realizing that he's worth more than that and that limiting himself is going to hurt him more than Endeavor. And when he makes that realization he also loses that hard goal and has to figure out what kind of hero he wants to be and why.

If anything, Endeavor's arc of starting off as a complex villain (he's basically a villain with good publicity when we first see him) and then realizing his failings and trying to attone for them mirrors Zuko's arc much more than what Shoto is going through.

Bakugo is an interesting character in his own right and his character development is quite fascinating. Horikoshi's handling of the character is often very the right amount of nuanced and complex while simultaneously making him funny and cool. So it is clear why he's a fan favorite.

But he's also quite often an annoying little **** who at times seems to regress into annoying little ****-territory just for a gag and suffers very little outside consequences for his behavior. Which makes it apparent why so many people don't like him.

I myself am quite mixed about how I feel about Bakugo and how Horikoshi writes him. But I'm always interested in where Horikoshi will take this character, especially with the most recent developments in the manga (though he probably won't ever be in my top ten characters list for the series or anything).

Extraordinary Member

-If by the numbers you're referring to the 1,000,000% OFA smash, Horikoshi actually had wrote a page in Volume 9 re-clarifying this because he got so many comments from people wondering what it meant. He didn't actually use 1 million % of power, that was just exaggeration to symbolize Midoryia's intense emotion at the time, and made a point that he'd be clearer on the "power scaling" in the future.
    I'm aware of that. That comment actually helped spark my little theory about Deku and how he uses precentages for his attacks.

I personally don't think that those numbers he's using in his head are all accurate of One For All's true power. Just like 1.000.000% was just an exaggeration and not literal, I think that 100% isn't actually 100% of One For All's power. That's just a why for Deku to visualize it as he pulls out as much power as he can from his quirk. The 1.000.000% smash is probably closer to the quirk's true power. As he grows and learns more about his quirk I think that Deku will come be able to pull out more and more power as he becomes able to handle the full might of his quirk.

Or that might not be the case at all as this is very much just a theory of mine. But it's one I quite like.
    At least with Bakugo you can tell there is a point to his actions and attitude, even when it's not executed perfectly, and there's payoff and consequences. And what's ironic about Mineta is he that can be useful, and really his whole point is supposed to be about how even a shallow drive can inspire someone to act and accomplish something, it's just that nearly all of his jokes just come down to harassing the other female students so really just feels like these are there just to fill a quota. (Also him getting away with pretty much everything makes it feel weird too)
    I'd say that Mineta doesn't entirely get away with it. There are plenty of times when people smack him around and tell him that he's disgusting, see how Mina treats him after the Joint Training arc for example. The issue is that these are all consequences without any real consequence. Like, most of them are visual gags at best. He's never been reprimanded by adults and he probably won't get expelled and forgotten about like so many people want to. So there's an imbalance there.

Personally I'm still annoyed that nobody kicked him through a wall for his pervy comment towards Eri.

I'm aware of that. That comment actually helped spark my little theory about Deku and how he uses precentages for his attacks.

I personally don't think that those numbers he's using in his head are all accurate of One For All's true power. Just like 1.000.000% was just an exaggeration and not literal, I think that 100% isn't actually 100% of One For All's power. That's just a why for Deku to visualize it as he pulls out as much power as he can from his quirk. The 1.000.000% smash is probably closer to the quirk's true power. As he grows and learns more about his quirk I think that Deku will come be able to pull out more and more power as he becomes able to handle the full might of his quirk.

Or that might not be the case at all as this is very much just a theory of mine. But it's one I quite like.

I'd say that Mineta doesn't entirely get away with it. There are plenty of times when people smack him around and tell him that he's disgusting, see how Mina treats him after the Joint Training arc for example. The issue is that these are all consequences without any real consequence. Like, most of them are visual gags at best. He's never been reprimanded by adults and he probably won't get expelled and forgotten about like so many people want to. So there's an imbalance there.

Personally I'm still annoyed that nobody kicked him through a wall for his pervy comment towards Eri.
    Yeah, Mineta is the worst. The sad thing is even in School Briefs, it is pointed out that Mineta will probably never change his ways