Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Bakugou is the reason majority of fans read the series. Todoroki is a poor man's Zuko and he just gets worse. His father is much more nuanced and fleshed out.
    u
    What? No Bakugo could this disappear and they would be minimal impact if it is done after a certain point, Once it is shown that Deku has truly grown past his bullying we can argue what point that is at. Bakugo service to the story goes way down and they are several people who could be more interesting to focus on like Hitoshi Shinso, Mirio Togata,Neito Monoma, Seiji Shishikura or Yo Shindo if we are not including Todorki to be interesting foils for Deku. Since the Overhaul arc his impact has been minimal to the story, I can't say the story has fell off with out him being around.

I like Bakugo but he needs to grow past being jerk to Deku which looks like bullying and I don't think Horikoshi is going to let him even with his recent growth in the current chapters. He is going be giant jerk for no reason to Deku and character isn't charismatic like Momona to for people to get he is being a "lovable ruffian/jerk who is ahole to everyone" now not the bully. Most fans aren't reading for Bakugo and space used on him if you were tell fans that Hawks, Mirko and Dabi were getting more panel time instead of Bakugo, I am pretty sure you would see "the majority" actual have different priorities.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-26-2020 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    What? No Bakugo could this disappear and they would be minimal impact if it is done after a certain point, Once it is shown that Deku has truly grown past his bullying we can argue what point that is at. Bakugo service to the story goes way down and they are several people who could be more interesting to focus on like Hitoshi Shinso, Mirio Togata,Neito Monoma, Seiji Shishikura or Yo Shindo if we are not including Todorki to be interesting foils for Deku. Since the Overhaul arc his impact has been minimal to the story, I can't say the story has fell off with out him being around.

I like Bakugo but he needs to grow past being jerk to Deku which looks like bullying and I don't think Horikoshi is going to let him even with his recent growth in the current chapters. He is going be giant jerk for no reason to Deku and character isn't charismatic like Momona to for people to get he is being a "lovable ruffian/jerk who is ahole to everyone" now not the bully. Most fans aren't reading for Bakugo and space used on him if you were tell fans that Hawks, Mirko and Dabi were getting more panel time instead of Bakugo, I am pretty sure you would see "the majority" actual have different priorities.
    Bakugo should not have been suspended during Mirio's one sided beatdown of the entire class. It might have done his character some good to be so outclassed.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm aware of that. That comment actually helped spark my little theory about Deku and how he uses precentages for his attacks.

I personally don't think that those numbers he's using in his head are all accurate of One For All's true power. Just like 1.000.000% was just an exaggeration and not literal, I think that 100% isn't actually 100% of One For All's power. That's just a why for Deku to visualize it as he pulls out as much power as he can from his quirk. The 1.000.000% smash is probably closer to the quirk's true power. As he grows and learns more about his quirk I think that Deku will come be able to pull out more and more power as he becomes able to handle the full might of his quirk.

Or that might not be the case at all as this is very much just a theory of mine. But it's one I quite like.
    I do agree with your idea that the percentages aren't entirely accurate of OFA's power, and mostly to deal with whatever the body can handle. I believe All Might himself has said he doesn't use 100% all the time because that'd be too reckless, so regulates it most of the time, and I'd probably say those regulated AM OFA attacks are probably overall stronger than Midoryia's 100% OFA smashes. Like Midoryia will probably reach full control of 100% by the time he graduates at 18, but he'd still keep getting stronger the older he gets, so that amount of power capabilities will just keep on expanding.

I'd say that Mineta doesn't entirely get away with it. There are plenty of times when people smack him around and tell him that he's disgusting, see how Mina treats him after the Joint Training arc for example. The issue is that these are all consequences without any real consequence. Like, most of them are visual gags at best. He's never been reprimanded by adults and he probably won't get expelled and forgotten about like so many people want to. So there's an imbalance there.

Personally I'm still annoyed that nobody kicked him through a wall for his pervy comment towards Eri.
    It's weird that for how strict Aizawa normally is, they let him get away with alot. His mere presence leads them to do things like warn the Pussycats during the Summer Camp, or arranging the dorms in a specific way to account for his pervyness, but outside some slaps whenever he's caught in the act, pretty much no repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Bakugo should not have been suspended during Mirio's one sided beatdown of the entire class. It might have done his character some good to be so outclassed.
    It's honestly a huge missed opportunity that Bakugo never interacted with Mirio, because being the top student in the school (and closest potential to next Symbol of Peace) would not only greatly get his attention, but then also having his personality and ideology being the complete opposite of him could lead to alot more conflict. Plus with how carefree Mirio is he'd be the perfect foil in conversations.

Though I do believe that was completely intentional on Horikoshi's part, having him miss Mirio because he wanted to put him in the backburner for a bit and facing another defeat like that would make him feel like that would have to be the focus too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Bakugou is the reason majority of fans read the series. Todoroki is a poor man's Zuko and he just gets worse. His father is much more nuanced and fleshed out.

bakugou is a fascinating character who made me reconsider teenage mental health. It's uncomfortable reading some of his scene's and the fans reaction to it. In particular his mental breakdown where he fights Deku or in the arc where Deku and Bakugou fight All Might.

I could write volumes on Bakugou [his mental state] and the very real issues and patterns we see in young people under going stress and trauma.
    While your opinions on Bakugo are fine, I must say that I feel uncomfortable at how you sweep Todoroki under the rug in the way you do, to the point of placing Endeavor over him. This feels too much like how you described those who downplay and disregard Bakugo in the story make you feel uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    That's all fine. I'm just saying my first impression after reading 80 issues.

I might see what what you mean after reading more of it but so far none of that's apparent to me.

He just comes off as a one-note bully and i don't get why people put up with him in universe. His gags are more cringe than Mineta.

Todoraki just avoids that. He is a more believable friendly rival to me.
    Yeah, the big thing that frustrates me regarding Bakugo is how everyone is willing to put up with him and his behavior in-universe. The very narrative feels like it puts up with Bakugo, in fact.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-30-2020 at 01:33 AM.

The new chapter is back, and we are very closely just inching toward the end of this run.

spoilers:
    Nejire leads a team of flyers heading over to the big battlefield to warn them about Gigantomachia, with Iida following suit, wanting to repay and help his friends. Back over there, Shoto grabs ahold of the falling Midoryia, alongside Endeavor and the unconscious Bakugo, as they all land with the former two desperately trying to stay awake. Shigaraki still continues to try and fight and resist All For One, despite his insisting to stand down. Iida and Nejire soon arrive, with the latter getting angry seeing Ryuku injured, and Shoto preparing to help her fight.

Meanwhile, Uraraka continues to battle Toga, where she tells her about the time when she transformed into her during the MLA attack and was able to utilize her quirk to kill Curious, enraging Uraraka at the mere thought of using her quirk to kill. Toga grabs ahold of the All Might trinket from Midoryia, taunting that they're one and the same, as Uraraka uses a new super move to throw a bunch of items around the room floating them with her quirk and ropes. Toga yells that she's had to hold back all this time and desires to be able to let go, with Uraraka responding that if her lifestyle of hurting others is irresistible to her, she'll have to take responsibility for those actions. She agrees, but before she can do anything, Tsuyu shows up, attacking her, allowing Toga to disappear. Tsuyu wonders if she's gonna sneak attack them, but Uraraka knows she ran away, noting that she was also crying, as Toga heads back to the League, thinking about how she wished she could talk about love together someday.

Finally, back on the battlefield, as the chaos continues to erupt, each of the main players look on as Gigantomachia finally is ready to arrive.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Really nice to have both Nejire and Iida show up to actually do something, since they haven't really got a good moment for a while. Nejire getting as mad as she possibly can is absolutely adorable. I like Shigaraki's still trying to resist AFO even after he's telling him to retreat, meaning that hopefully this means the conclusion won't be as simple as that. "You're not the boss of me!" gave me a laugh, and the spider-look is fairly creepy.

It sounds like Toga has her answer, which is realizing that she does crave a "somewhat normal" life, to be able to be herself and also be able to be friendly with others like Ochaco and talk about love, but also knows that if being herself means other people getting hurt, then she can't without having to face the consequences. And it does seem like Uraraka probably empathizes with her in some way, knowing that she's wrong but also seeing how they both don't know what they could do to help. It's also great to see her once again taking inspiration from Midoryia with her moves again.

And it looks like we're finally about to get to the endgame of the arc. Machia's here, Endeavor and Midoryia are completely beaten the hell down, everyone else is so confused, and Dabi's just there smiling through it all. There are so many little pieces in play right now all at once this can really go anywhere.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The new chapter is back, and we are very closely just inching toward the end of this run.

spoilers:
    Nejire leads a team of flyers heading over to the big battlefield to warn them about Gigantomachia, with Iida following suit, wanting to repay and help his friends. Back over there, Shoto grabs ahold of the falling Midoryia, alongside Endeavor and the unconscious Bakugo, as they all land with the former two desperately trying to stay awake. Shigaraki still continues to try and fight and resist All For One, despite his insisting to stand down. Iida and Nejire soon arrive, with the latter getting angry seeing Ryuku injured, and Shoto preparing to help her fight.

Meanwhile, Uraraka continues to battle Toga, where she tells her about the time when she transformed into her during the MLA attack and was able to utilize her quirk to kill Curious, enraging Uraraka at the mere thought of using her quirk to kill. Toga grabs ahold of the All Might trinket from Midoryia, taunting that they're one and the same, as Uraraka uses a new super move to throw a bunch of items around the room floating them with her quirk and ropes. Toga yells that she's had to hold back all this time and desires to be able to let go, with Uraraka responding that if her lifestyle of hurting others is irresistible to her, she'll have to take responsibility for those actions. She agrees, but before she can do anything, Tsuyu shows up, attacking her, allowing Toga to disappear. Tsuyu wonders if she's gonna sneak attack them, but Uraraka knows she ran away, noting that she was also crying, as Toga heads back to the League, thinking about how she wished she could talk about love together someday.

Finally, back on the battlefield, as the chaos continues to erupt, each of the main players look on as Gigantomachia finally is ready to arrive.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Really nice to have both Nejire and Iida show up to actually do something, since they haven't really got a good moment for a while. Nejire getting as mad as she possibly can is absolutely adorable. I like Shigaraki's still trying to resist AFO even after he's telling him to retreat, meaning that hopefully this means the conclusion won't be as simple as that. "You're not the boss of me!" gave me a laugh, and the spider-look is fairly creepy.

It sounds like Toga has her answer, which is realizing that she does crave a "somewhat normal" life, to be able to be herself and also be able to be friendly with others like Ochaco and talk about love, but also knows that if being herself means other people getting hurt, then she can't without having to face the consequences. And it does seem like Uraraka probably empathizes with her in some way, knowing that she's wrong but also seeing how they both don't know what they could do to help. It's also great to see her once again taking inspiration from Midoryia with her moves again.

And it looks like we're finally about to get to the endgame of the arc. Machia's here, Endeavor and Midoryia are completely beaten the hell down, everyone else is so confused, and Dabi's just there smiling through it all. There are so many little pieces in play right now all at once this can really go anywhere.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Good to see both Ida and Nejire doing something. I wish the "conversation" between Toga and Uraraka could have been a bit longer, so that they could have talked more. And now Gigantomachia and the Legaue arrive to join the fight, is there anyway for the heroes to win?
    end of spoilers

It has been confirmed that Kendo is joining Ones Justice 2

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Iida possibly getting to do something important this arc is a neat treat (I really hope he gets to face off against Spinner). Nejire getting in on the action and being pissed about Ryukyu's injuries is delightful surprise and has me hopeful that she'll get some much deserved spotlight after getting nothing in the Overhaul arc.

The interaction between the AFO-vestige and Shigaraki is pretty great. Shiggy brings back some of his stubborn brat tendencies by refusing to leave even though things have gotten so bad that he needs those tentacles leg-things to prop him up since he's too messed up to walk. They've got some hashing out to do.

Dabi's expression just makes that last splash page. Gigantomachia is just roaring like a beast, Shigaraki is looking half-dead, all the heroes are going "Oh ****!" in their heads. And then there's Dabi with his casual smug-ass smirk taking in all the chaos and figuring out how he can best make things worse.

While I would've prefered the confrontation between Toga and Ochako to be a bit longer, I was quite satisfied with what we got for now. This won't be the last time these two tussle. On a technical side Ochako showed off her improved close combat skills, level-headed thinking, situational awareness and creativity in her final assault with improvised weapons, which was a delight to see. Toga does indeed have her answer, and I think she knew what that answer was going to be all along, but she still needed the confirmation. While Ochako can sympathise with Toga's issues, she can't just let her run around without suffering any consequences and that just doesn't gel with Toga's desire for freedom from the system and society that failed her. Toga seems to have know this and now it's confirmed. And Ochako is left wondering if she could help her in any other way. It's short but really good stuff overall. I also hadn't thought about how Ochako pushing down her feelings for Izuku can be a parallel to Toga being forced to push down her odd desires at a young age. It's and interesting comparisson.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    We have a trailer for her and everything.

We have a trailer for her and everything.

All we need now is a release date

Along with Kendo we will be getting a Weekend Clothes pack

Extraordinary Member

Along with Kendo we will be getting a Weekend Clothes pack

I love how the Deku-squad look like they're going out for a nice picknick while the Baku-squad look like they're going to the club, and will probably be stopped at the gate because they're too young.

I love how the Deku-squad look like they're going out for a nice picknick while the Baku-squad look like they're going to the club, and will probably be stopped at the gate because they're too young.
    Didn't think of that, shame it is just those characters, I would love to see ones for the other students as well

spoilers:
    Good to see both Ida and Nejire doing something. I wish the "conversation" between Toga and Uraraka could have been a bit longer, so that they could have talked more. And now Gigantomachia and the Legaue arrive to join the fight, is there anyway for the heroes to win?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We know at least there's Momo's drug that could potentially still kick in, [Mystery Man] about to show up soon and assist, Shigaraki still resisting AFO could throw a slight wrench into things, and then the reveal of whatever the "two masters" he smelled means, if it possibly could be reacting to Midoryia.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    While I would've prefered the confrontation between Toga and Ochako to be a bit longer, I was quite satisfied with what we got for now. This won't be the last time these two tussle. On a technical side Ochako showed off her improved close combat skills, level-headed thinking, situational awareness and creativity in her final assault with improvised weapons, which was a delight to see. Toga does indeed have her answer, and I think she knew what that answer was going to be all along, but she still needed the confirmation. While Ochako can sympathise with Toga's issues, she can't just let her run around without suffering any consequences and that just doesn't gel with Toga's desire for freedom from the system and society that failed her. Toga seems to have know this and now it's confirmed. And Ochako is left wondering if she could help her in any other way. It's short but really good stuff overall. I also hadn't thought about how Ochako pushing down her feelings for Izuku can be a parallel to Toga being forced to push down her odd desires at a young age. It's and interesting comparisson.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's something I always liked about Uraraka in comparison to alot of other similar "love interest-like" characters, which is that balance she faces between affection, admiration, and inspiration. She does like like him, but she also looks up to him as someone to inspire to be like, and someone she could emulate and learn from to be a better hero. So it's all about not letting those deeper feelings cloud or overload her judgment and primarily focusing on what matters the most.
    end of spoilers

If they could also throw in Tetsutetsu, but make him just an exact clone of Kirishima, that'd be perfect.

spoilers:
    We know at least there's Momo's drug that could potentially still kick in, [Mystery Man] about to show up soon and assist, Shigaraki still resisting AFO could throw a slight wrench into things, and then the reveal of whatever the "two masters" he smelled means, if it possibly could be reacting to Midoryia.
    end of spoilers

If they could also throw in Tetsutetsu, but make him just an exact clone of Kirishima, that'd be perfect.
    spoilers:
    That's true, I wondering which hero will get the credit for defeating Gigantomachia if the drug does kick in.
    end of spoilers

Tetsutetsu is rumoured to be coming along with Gentle Criminal