Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    I know it was a joke hence the
    end of spoilers
    I realized that. Hence why I answer in what I thought was a fairly comedic manner.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    AFO is Mr. Midoryia would be just as bad as *insert recent Star Wars spoilers here*, just for how dumb the "How" or "Why" answers would probably be. Plus it'll also go against All Might's whole point that the One For All successors WEREN'T linked together, that Midoryia was just another coincidence, not "destined to always be" (which would ALSO connect back to those issues with the Star Wars spoilers lol)

Horikoshi did prove not to underestimate him when it comes to twists, especially with all the Dabi teasing and then with the surprise Kurogiri reveal, so I trust him wherever it ends up going.
    end of spoilers
    I agree with all these sentiments.
    spoilers:
    I do think we'll most likely be seeing Gentle again, since he was last seen making some agreement to work alongside the government agents, so this would be the perfect chance to unleash him. And them mentioning Stain now makes me believe he'll be involved in some way in this ongoing war.

I don't know how this would happen, but I have this idea of some point during the battle, Midoryia ends up fighting side by side with Stain and/or Gentle, and I would just think it'll be SO COOL! Also yes, this would be the best opportunity to have the Vigilantes show up in the main book.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Aw yeah! And when they show up to help Deku out they have to have some cool reveal one liners like:

Stain: Get up, kid. I didn't save you and go to jail just so you could die in a place like this.

Gentle: Greetings once again Deku! Through your action me and my dear La Brava were saved! I would like to repay that debt, starting with offering up my assistance in this most perilous situation!

Que all three of them standing side by side in a simple yet badass pose.

But I do think that's for an arc even further down the line. Whatever's going on right now is probably going to be more despair inducing than hopeful and awesome.
    end of spoilers

Hoooooooo boy! Okay there's alot to go through here in new chapter!

spoilers:
    We learn that Hawks has not only figured out the League's ultimate plans, to destroy all the major cities, replacing them with their own leaders, creating a new world of chaos, but also discovers the Army has been split into multiple factions:
    Tactical Force led by Twice
    Raid Regiment led by Dabi & Geten
    Intelligence Division led by Toga & Gorillaz guy
    and Support Unit led by Spinner & Compress

Most of the focus is on Hawks' continued tutoring for Twice regarding the ethics of liberation. He states that he recognized that Twice demonstrated the most dangerous threat ever since regaining his sanity, so made a note to keep a close eye on him.

It is also this inherent niceness that both Hawks and Twice act towards each other, whether intentional or not, which leads to Twice spilling about Shigaraki's secret plan, and that it is happening up in the Mountains of Kyoto.

Jumping back to the present, we see the reason why all the heroes have disappeared, because EVERY ONE OF THEM, has assembled together and are heading for the mountains. And right behind them are all the UA students, who's plan is to evacuate all the civilians.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I absolutely love Hawks and Twice's interactions here, they're both very conflicted characters, and you get the sense Hawks desperately wants to try and get Twice on his "real" side (whatever that may be), because of his true good nature. And despite continuing to have some of the funniest moments, I love whenever that human side of Twice comes out.

I was wondering how exactly they were going to have the students involved, since it seemed unlikely they were gonna directly participate in the raid, so being in charge of evacuation makes complete sense. Gives them a reason to eventually get caught up in all the major fighting when it starts to spill onto the streets. (Though I feel like there probably should be someone watching over UA/All Might/Eri right now, since if they fail, that's the first thing they're gonna be gunning for)
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Hoooooooo boy! Okay there's alot to go through here in new chapter!

spoilers:
    I absolutely love Hawks and Twice's interactions here, they're both very conflicted characters, and you get the sense Hawks desperately wants to try and get Twice on his "real" side (whatever that may be), because of his true good nature. And despite continuing to have some of the funniest moments, I love whenever that human side of Twice comes out.

I was wondering how exactly they were going to have the students involved, since it seemed unlikely they were gonna directly participate in the raid, so being in charge of evacuation makes complete sense. Gives them a reason to eventually get caught up in all the major fighting when it starts to spill onto the streets. (Though I feel like there probably should be someone watching over UA/All Might/Eri right now, since if they fail, that's the first thing they're gonna be gunning for)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Hawks and Twice becoming buddies is such an interesting idea due to how different their respective pacing is compared to most people. And it does lend itself to some genuinely nice interactions between, which are laced with double intentions as Hawks is using Twice and even Twice admitted that people are listening in on them. I have a bad feeling that it's this relationship that'll lead to Hawks' death.

I'm assuming that this massive raid is being conducted because a big number of the League's big wigs are present at this location. If it was just to go after Tomura I would've expected them to assemble a smaller strike force. But with such a massive Endgame style gathering they're clearly expecting equally massive levels of resistance. Either way, gathering so many pro heroes in one place is worrying, mainly because this is basically inviting Gigantomachia to rampage all over them.

I'm expecting that we'll see several students from the other schools as well. So how Horikoshi is going to juggle all of the these characters in one arc is going to be very interesting to see.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    Hawks and Twice becoming buddies is such an interesting idea due to how different their respective pacing is compared to most people. And it does lend itself to some genuinely nice interactions between, which are laced with double intentions as Hawks is using Twice and even Twice admitted that people are listening in on them. I have a bad feeling that it's this relationship that'll lead to Hawks' death.

I'm assuming that this massive raid is being conducted because a big number of the League's big wigs are present at this location. If it was just to go after Tomura I would've expected them to assemble a smaller strike force. But with such a massive Endgame style gathering they're clearly expecting equally massive levels of resistance. Either way, gathering so many pro heroes in one place is worrying, mainly because this is basically inviting Gigantomachia to rampage all over them.

I'm expecting that we'll see several students from the other schools as well. So how Horikoshi is going to juggle all of the these characters in one arc is going to be very interesting to see.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    With how far Hawks has gone in the infiltration, once they realize something's up the villains will almost certainly all be coming for him, and not sure if he'll be able to get through it all cleanly (especially with all the Icarus foreshadowing imagery). Honestly, him, All Might, and Endeavor have had the biggest death flags showing for a while now, so at this point I'm wondering if all three will end up biting the bullet, or if one will make out alive.

Yeah, it seems like this may be the spot where all of the Meta Liberation Army was at the end of the Villain arc, that underground cave. I can imagine, due to how disastrous the results will be if they fail, they'd rather just unleash all of their available resources at once just to be safe, presumably these past 2 months have been just prep so they're all pretty ready, but there's that always that lingering worry of the more there are, the more open to casualties they'll be (especially if Mr. Magic Decay makes an appearance).

I didn't even think of seeing the other students from the other schools too. I feel like the primary focus will still be on U.A., but wouldn't be surprised if characters like Inasa (Wind Guy) pop up for support. There's alot of great potential to seeing creative Student Vs. Villain match-ups, so I'm hoping we get to see some unique battles and interactions, besides the obvious ones we're expecting.

Either way, I think we can expect that this arc will probably be lasting for the rest of this year, and since there's gonna be alot of fighting and alot to juggle, I'm all for this at this point!
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    With how far Hawks has gone in the infiltration, once they realize something's up the villains will almost certainly all be coming for him, and not sure if he'll be able to get through it all cleanly (especially with all the Icarus foreshadowing imagery). Honestly, him, All Might, and Endeavor have had the biggest death flags showing for a while now, so at this point I'm wondering if all three will end up biting the bullet, or if one will make out alive.

Yeah, it seems like this may be the spot where all of the Meta Liberation Army was at the end of the Villain arc, that underground cave. I can imagine, due to how disastrous the results will be if they fail, they'd rather just unleash all of their available resources at once just to be safe, presumably these past 2 months have been just prep so they're all pretty ready, but there's that always that lingering worry of the more there are, the more open to casualties they'll be (especially if Mr. Magic Decay makes an appearance).

I didn't even think of seeing the other students from the other schools too. I feel like the primary focus will still be on U.A., but wouldn't be surprised if characters like Inasa (Wind Guy) pop up for support. There's alot of great potential to seeing creative Student Vs. Villain match-ups, so I'm hoping we get to see some unique battles and interactions, besides the obvious ones we're expecting.

Either way, I think we can expect that this arc will probably be lasting for the rest of this year, and since there's gonna be alot of fighting and alot to juggle, I'm all for this at this point!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm thinking All Might has the best chances of getting through this alive. His death scene feels like it would be a more "intimate" confrontation, and if he survives while lots of other heroes die this time around we can get some interesting stuff of him dealing with not being able to be there. That's drama that can't be underestimated. And Endeavor I think is more likely to be so seriously injured that he can't be active anymore rather than outright dead. We've still got a lot of mileage on everything about the Todoroki family storyline going. So Hawks to me seems the most like to die out of them to me, and if Shigaraki and Re-Destro let it slip that the number 2 hero (who is much more popular with people than Endeavor) worked with them without him being around to explain the situation then that'll work in their favour as well.

We'll probably get more details about the whole operation in the next chapter so a lot of these questions will be answered then. But it's fun to speculate. Like, considering the pure number of heroes I think that they can take the Liberation Army's mooks just fine (considering that those couldn't deal with six tired and pressured villains) and they probably outnumber the Liberation Army's commanders enough to win that with some effort. But I have a hard time seeing how they'll deal with Gigantomachia, and if Shigaraki is ready to throw down after his surgery then that's probably going to be an even bigger problem. The collateral damage from this is going to be bad at the very least.

It's probably why we got cameos of all the big wigs within the Liberation Army's different divisions. A bunch of them will most likely take on the kids. I wonder how much information the kids have. Like, it seemed like they were just thinking it was some kind of field trip until Burnin told them "We're going to evacuate all the civilians in this city!"

But yeah, this is going to be big arc and I am hyped for all the action and drama that it'll contain.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Man Twice is going to go ballistic when Hawks betrays him. Still not massively sure about the two month time skip, hopefully the battle between the Heroes and Vilains will be better than the generic shonen battle of the Overhaul Arc.
    end of spoilers

Aslo new anime Intro and Ending, not keen on the intro song, doesn't have the same impact as the previous songs, though I like that Jiro has a prominent place in it. The Ending is solid, I love all the old photos.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Aslo new anime Intro and Ending, not keen on the intro song, doesn't have the same impact as the previous songs, though I like that Jiro has a prominent place in it. The Ending is solid, I love all the old photos.
    I personally love the new intro. It has me boppin along with it whenever I listen to it, and I've listened to it a lot, and it serves to show what a big contrast this arc is compared to the Overhaul arc so it works perfectly that way. And yes, Jiro getting so much attention in it is great and very fitting.

I like the ending, though it has me wondering just at what point the season will end since we're getting glimpses of characters that won't appear until after the school festival is over.

spoilers:
    I'm thinking All Might has the best chances of getting through this alive. His death scene feels like it would be a more "intimate" confrontation, and if he survives while lots of other heroes die this time around we can get some interesting stuff of him dealing with not being able to be there. That's drama that can't be underestimated. And Endeavor I think is more likely to be so seriously injured that he can't be active anymore rather than outright dead. We've still got a lot of mileage on everything about the Todoroki family storyline going. So Hawks to me seems the most like to die out of them to me, and if Shigaraki and Re-Destro let it slip that the number 2 hero (who is much more popular with people than Endeavor) worked with them without him being around to explain the situation then that'll work in their favour as well.

We'll probably get more details about the whole operation in the next chapter so a lot of these questions will be answered then. But it's fun to speculate. Like, considering the pure number of heroes I think that they can take the Liberation Army's mooks just fine (considering that those couldn't deal with six tired and pressured villains) and they probably outnumber the Liberation Army's commanders enough to win that with some effort. But I have a hard time seeing how they'll deal with Gigantomachia, and if Shigaraki is ready to throw down after his surgery then that's probably going to be an even bigger problem. The collateral damage from this is going to be bad at the very least.

It's probably why we got cameos of all the big wigs within the Liberation Army's different divisions. A bunch of them will most likely take on the kids. I wonder how much information the kids have. Like, it seemed like they were just thinking it was some kind of field trip until Burnin told them "We're going to evacuate all the civilians in this city!"

But yeah, this is going to be big arc and I am hyped for all the action and drama that it'll contain.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Honestly, All Might dying seems the most likely to me, considering it seems like that would be the thing that would allow the villains to "win" even if they don't completely win, and will result in a HUGE change in status quo going into Year 2. Endeavor I'm actually starting to believe we might see him get hit by one of the quirk erasing bullets (remember they still have a couple of those), so he'll have to deal with no longer being able to do the thing he practically gave up his family to achieve, while ALSO guilt over being responsible for creating one of those villains.

I'm most interested in not only Gigantomachia, but also all the Nomus. Even with their numbers, Endeavor was just barely able to take down one of the High Ends, and they have like 20 of em! They've got alot of titans to deal with. (I know she isn't as strong as the others, but this seems like the perfect opportunity for Mt. Lady to make a comeback!)

And yeah, the setup seems very similar to the Eight Preceipts during the Overhaul raid, as the mini bosses the characters have to face first before getting to the main boss. Getting alot of little climaxes through here before the true finale.
    end of spoilers

I personally love the new intro. It has me boppin along with it whenever I listen to it, and I've listened to it a lot, and it serves to show what a big contrast this arc is compared to the Overhaul arc so it works perfectly that way. And yes, Jiro getting so much attention in it is great and very fitting.

I like the ending, though it has me wondering just at what point the season will end since we're getting glimpses of characters that won't appear until after the school festival is over.
    The new opening is so great and upbeat! While the first half's OP I'd put as being near the bottom half of my favourite themes, this one is somewhere in the upper! Need to listen a few more times to know where it stands.

My expectation is the arc is going to end with the Hero Billboard ranking, but before the High-End fight. I'll be surprised if they decide to try and squeeze that in. Pacing wise it would work much better to start Season 5.

Also, as a fun little extra thing, the physical edition of Volume 23 just came out, and the Character Introduction page features Bakugo giving his descriptions for each of the characters. This is some of the personal highlights:

Midoryia: "More of a nobody than me." (the wording of this makes it sounds like he's also referring to himself as a nobody too)
    All Might: "Have some dignity, man!" (this I don't completely get, I guess he's poking at his current more laid back nature)
    Uraraka: "Number one in sheer guts and roundness. But that's it." (the only one he slightly compliments. Cue the shippers!)
    Aizawa: "Gouge out his eyes for an easy victory!" (y'know he has a point)
    Shinso: "I could beat this guy in my sleep." (Suuuuuure. I don't believe he can make it through a whole fight without the urge to yell)
    Eri: "Who?" (this is just simply funny, and makes sense since he has no idea who or what she is)
    Shigaraki/Toga: "Can I murder him?"/"Her too?" (simple and to the point)

Also, as a fun little extra thing, the physical edition of Volume 23 just came out, and the Character Introduction page features Bakugo giving his descriptions for each of the characters. This is some of the personal highlights:

Midoryia: "More of a nobody than me." (the wording of this makes it sounds like he's also referring to himself as a nobody too)
    All Might: "Have some dignity, man!" (this I don't completely get, I guess he's poking at his current more laid back nature)
    Uraraka: "Number one in sheer guts and roundness. But that's it." (the only one he slightly compliments. Cue the shippers!)
    Shinso: "I could beat this guy in my sleep." (Suuuuuure. I don't believe he can make it through a whole fight without the urge to yell)
    Eri: "Who?" (this is just simply funny, and makes sense since he has no idea who or what she is)
    Really good, Yeah Bakugo would love to Shiso in seconds. Shinso would probably just say "Hello" and Bakugo would quickly respond with "Die!" or something

The new opening is so great and upbeat! While the first half's OP I'd put as being near the bottom half of my favourite themes, this one is somewhere in the upper! Need to listen a few more times to know where it stands.
    Maybe I do need to listen to it more

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Honestly, All Might dying seems the most likely to me, considering it seems like that would be the thing that would allow the villains to "win" even if they don't completely win, and will result in a HUGE change in status quo going into Year 2. Endeavor I'm actually starting to believe we might see him get hit by one of the quirk erasing bullets (remember they still have a couple of those), so he'll have to deal with no longer being able to do the thing he practically gave up his family to achieve, while ALSO guilt over being responsible for creating one of those villains.

I'm most interested in not only Gigantomachia, but also all the Nomus. Even with their numbers, Endeavor was just barely able to take down one of the High Ends, and they have like 20 of em! They've got alot of titans to deal with. (I know she isn't as strong as the others, but this seems like the perfect opportunity for Mt. Lady to make a comeback!)

And yeah, the setup seems very similar to the Eight Preceipts during the Overhaul raid, as the mini bosses the characters have to face first before getting to the main boss. Getting alot of little climaxes through here before the true finale.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm of the opinion that All Might dying at this stage of the story would be a bit too tragic and that his guilt at not being able to be there and help would make for a more interesting story than everybody mourning his death. He'll totally die at some point in the story before the end. But not right now. Something is going to trigger a big change for the second year and there are a lot of possibilites, All Might dying is one of them, and I am on the edge of my seat for the coming developments.

I forgot about the quirk-destroying bullets and all the Nomus. Just going by that along with Gigantomachia and it's clear that in an all out war Shigaraki's side definitely has the edge in raw power. The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that this'll go real bad.
    end of spoilers

My expectation is the arc is going to end with the Hero Billboard ranking, but before the High-End fight. I'll be surprised if they decide to try and squeeze that in. Pacing wise it would work much better to start Season 5.
    Hmm, right now I think I'd rank them thusly, with the note that I think they're all good.

1. Sora Ni Utaeba (3rd OP)
    2. Starmaker (7th OP)
    3. Peace Sign (2nd OP)
    4. Polaris (6th OP)
    5. The Day (1st OP)
    6. Make my story (5th OP)
    7. Odd Future (4th OP)

And yeah, the new top 10 heroes is probably a nice little epilogue for this season and prologue for what's to come.

Extraordinary Member

Shinso pretty much only has to say "You suck!" and Bakugo would respond with curses galore and lose.

The Kacchako shippers need something i guess, considering that the two characters have 2 or 3 notable interactions, and one of those was in an extra chapter that was never animated.

And he needs to get at Aizawa to pull that off. Which I doubt he could pull off.

Hmm, right now I think I'd rank them thusly, with the note that I think they're all good.

1. Sora Ni Utaeba (3rd OP)
    2. Starmaker (7th OP)
    3. Peace Sign (2nd OP)
    4. Polaris (6th OP)
    5. The Day (1st OP)
    6. Make my story (5th OP)
    7. Odd Future (4th OP)

And yeah, the new top 10 heroes is probably a nice little epilogue for this season and prologue for what's to come.
    I agree with you that I think all of them are really good, though funnily enough, Sora Ni Utaeba (Singing To The Sky) is actually near the bottom for me personally. Not bad, just one of the least memorable for me. Here's mine:

Peace Sign > Odd Future (fan edit) > Make My Story > The Day > Odd Future (anime ver.) > Polaris > Singing To The Sky > Odd Future (original ver.)

Odd Future's a weird one, because I really love the version in the anime, but I don't really care for the more slower paced techno version of the original, which is why I added the fan edit which blends the two into a perfect match for me. I need to listen to Starmaker more to determine where exactly it is on the list yet.