Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    We know at least there's Momo's drug that could potentially still kick in, [Mystery Man] about to show up soon and assist, Shigaraki still resisting AFO could throw a slight wrench into things, and then the reveal of whatever the "two masters" he smelled means, if it possibly could be reacting to Midoryia.

It's something I always liked about Uraraka in comparison to alot of other similar "love interest-like" characters, which is that balance she faces between affection, admiration, and inspiration. She does like like him, but she also looks up to him as someone to inspire to be like, and someone she could emulate and learn from to be a better hero. So it's all about not letting those deeper feelings cloud or overload her judgment and primarily focusing on what matters the most.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Whatever ends the fight I don't think that this will end in a clear cut victory for either side. The devastation caused by Shigaraki and Gigantomachia alone is going to be heavily criticized on the heroes' end, and Endeavor having a rather small impact despite his role as number 1 probably won't go unnoticed. On the villains' end I think that despite all their new power and resources, they'll have to book it so that Shigaraki can recover, I wonder if they'll have to leave before Toga's able to reach them (that could be interesting).

And of course, Dabi needs to gives us another trollish hint about who he is.

I do appreciate how Ochako does get more personal development beyond her crush, primarily in her motivations evolving and broadening her skill sets, while at the same time her feelings aren't ignored either. Horikoshi has struck a nice balance I think, I would just like her to get more solo action scenes, I want to see Uravity pushed to limits and overcoming a brutal encounter. This latest chapter was a step in the right direction for that (a cool but brief fight scene that had very little to do about Deku). We just need more of it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    Whatever ends the fight I don't think that this will end in a clear cut victory for either side. The devastation caused by Shigaraki and Gigantomachia alone is going to be heavily criticized on the heroes' end, and Endeavor having a rather small impact despite his role as number 1 probably won't go unnoticed. On the villains' end I think that despite all their new power and resources, they'll have to book it so that Shigaraki can recover, I wonder if they'll have to leave before Toga's able to reach them (that could be interesting).

I do appreciate how Ochako does get more personal development beyond her crush, primarily in her motivations evolving and broadening her skill sets, while at the same time her feelings aren't ignored either. Horikoshi has struck a nice balance I think, I would just like her to get more solo action scenes, I want to see Uravity pushed to limits and overcoming a brutal encounter. This latest chapter was a step in the right direction for that (a cool but brief fight scene that had very little to do about Deku). We just need more of it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Unless one side totally defeats the other, it wouldn't be a clear victory for either side. The heroes have their number 1 powerless against the big bad and have their number 2 fighting for his life. The villains have had all thie rplans wrecked and their resources destroyed. After this fight both sides will have to dig deep and re-evaluate their ideas and methods
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Tetsutetsu is rumoured to be coming along with Gentle Criminal
    Oh man I would love it SO MUCH if Gentle makes it in, then I'll have a new main! (I already main Twice lol)

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm very curious to see what happens regarding Re-Destro and the other original Meta Liberation Army members, considering they're all major public figures, alongside Doctor Garaki too, so wonder how the public would react to finding out that these important people have been villains the entire time, potentially hurting their trust in anyone else. Throw in Endeavor/Dabi's secrets, and maybe even One For All and that could be too many revelations at once for them to handle.

Other than the fight with Bakugo and probably the ending of Heroes Rising, she hasn't had a real "all out" battle like most of the other MCs, so would really like to see how she would handle herself in that kind of situation. I also imagine Toga's encounter with Curious could have been an intentional tease for a fight like that too.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Oh man I would love it SO MUCH if Gentle makes it in, then I'll have a new main! (I already main Twice lol)
    I believe that Gentle being included as DLC was leaked a while back. The same leak predicted all the other DLC characters revealed so far.

this is what i said in the chapter spoilers in reddit

spoilers:
    I think the worst thing I just realize about the Dabi reveal is that Endeavor will probably get most of the blame on the heroes side due to the fact not only is he the leader of a failed raid but his past as an abusive power hungry father is reveal. I do believe that some in the public will not want him to be a hero anymore and whats even worse is Dabi sent the reveal to his mom and was planning on killing Shouto he really doesnt give a **** anymore about his family. I wonder how much of a setback his mom will get from this due to her mental state. And I wonder if heroes will also distance themselves from Endeavor like will the Public Safety Commission try to convince Endeavor to retire or something?
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

The time we've all been waiting for has finally arrived...

spoilers:
    We see Rei Todoroki watching a broadcast in her room when it is suddenly interrupted...by footage of Dabi. Back on the battlefield, Gigantomachia finally arrives, as All For One internally prepares to have him save them and retreat. Shoto and Nejire pull off a powerful attack that seem to knock Shigaraki out, but Machia grabs ahold of his master waiting for an order. At this same time Bakugo awakens being carried by Iida saying they need a "complete victory".

The nearly defeated Endeavor gets up and tries to help Shoto, ready to somehow take down Machia, when Dabi makes himself known on his back, spraying water over his black hair...revealing himself to be Toya, with Endeavor, Shoto, (and Midoryia) left speechless.

At this same time, Skeptic is broadcasting a pre-recorded confessional to the world from Dabi, revealing his identity, about Endeavor's abusive and obsessive history, how he was tossed aside when deemed a failure, and the reason for killing as revenge and retribution to have so many die at the hands of "Endeavor's fire". He goes on to tell the two personally how his original plan was to wait for his "pet project" Shoto to become #1 and then kill him, but when he became #1, had to do something else, including sending Hood, Starservant, and Ending after him. He continues to vent that he just assumed if he kept looking forward his past would just forget itself, reminding him, THE PAST NEVER DIES, and telling him to dance in hell together, as Endeavor and Shoto just stare absolutely mortified. (Also you see "Totally Not Jeanist"'s plane is slowly making its way over there)
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It really speaks to the level of writing that they can pull off this reveal, that literally everyone knew for years, and still come off so satisfying. Dabi finally gets his moment of pure glee with his true motivations coming to like, and I actually really like this wording behind the reasons of his actions than what we had just assumed, he isn't just simply being a villain as revenge against his father, but instead having every murder and bad thing he do basically be on Endeavor's hands, since he "created him." And like most of the other League, we get some moments of sympathy reminding how truly bad it was for him to deal with all that, while still not apologizing for their horrific actions and embracing their new personas. "THE PAST NEVER DIES" gave me chills (I also kind of like how Dabi looks with the white hair more)

And their use of Skeptic being genius, I kept wondering what his purpose was gonna be, and now it makes all the complete sense, even he was surprised. So now everybody knowing the truth is truly going to throw a wrench into everything, even if all the villains somehow manage to get defeated, they've pretty much won with how much damage they've caused. Not to mention when the public learns about the Doctor and the Meta Liberation Army warriors, their trust in everyone is gonna be completely fractured.

I'm still predicting we're going to get AFO and Shiggy giving Machia conflicting orders, causing him to get confused, which will allow either Momo's drug or Jeanist to catch him by surprise. However beyond that, its anyone's game. I feel like Endeavor's probably out for the count here, considering one of his lungs is busted and his heart has probably stopped. Still expecting Midoryia will end up with one more trick up his sleeve before this is over. (Also side note: the fan TLs had Machia saying "Masters" while the official TL just has him saying "Master", so I'm gonna say the jury's still out on whether the other thing he sensed was AFO or Midoryia).
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It really speaks to the level of writing that they can pull off this reveal, that literally everyone knew for years, and still come off so satisfying. Dabi finally gets his moment of pure glee with his true motivations coming to like, and I actually really like this wording behind the reasons of his actions than what we had just assumed, he isn't just simply being a villain as revenge against his father, but instead having every murder and bad thing he do basically be on Endeavor's hands, since he "created him." And like most of the other League, we get some moments of sympathy reminding how truly bad it was for him to deal with all that, while still not apologizing for their horrific actions and embracing their new personas. "THE PAST NEVER DIES" gave me chills (I also kind of like how Dabi looks with the white hair more)

And their use of Skeptic being genius, I kept wondering what his purpose was gonna be, and now it makes all the complete sense, even he was surprised. So now everybody knowing the truth is truly going to throw a wrench into everything, even if all the villains somehow manage to get defeated, they've pretty much won with how much damage they've caused. Not to mention when the public learns about the Doctor and the Meta Liberation Army warriors, their trust in everyone is gonna be completely fractured.

I'm still predicting we're going to get AFO and Shiggy giving Machia conflicting orders, causing him to get confused, which will allow either Momo's drug or Jeanist to catch him by surprise. However beyond that, its anyone's game. I feel like Endeavor's probably out for the count here, considering one of his lungs is busted and his heart has probably stopped. Still expecting Midoryia will end up with one more trick up his sleeve before this is over. (Also side note: the fan TLs had Machia saying "Masters" while the official TL just has him saying "Master", so I'm gonna say the jury's still out on whether the other thing he sensed was AFO or Midoryia).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I agree this was written well and honestly he had to be Touya cause that was his only appeal as a character in this show. Endeavor days as a hero are probably over since he will get all the blame for doing the raid and not stopping the heroes. As for Midoriya I really don't see what he can do kid really is tap out. But the setting is perfect for his official hero debut after a potential timeskip. Hero society is over fulfilling the words of chapter 257
    end of spoilers

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

spoilers:
    Well the big Dabi reveal is finally here and it was well written. It was something we all suspected and yet was still shocking and his plan is really evil. Destroying Endeavour would be too easy, destroying his reputation especially now that he is number one and destroying his heir is genius. I just hope that Rei doesn't suffer a relapse given all the progress she has been making.

Well it looks like Tmura is out for the count which means Gigantomachia is now a bigger wildcard, given he has no idea what his master wants. Also the plane and its mystery passenger are coming
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

It was basically impossible to avoid knowing what was coming this week (even the Bandai Namco US twitter account kinda teased it on Friday).

But the way it was done... hoo boy. It's really well-written, hits hard and there's a lot to digest.
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Most fans figured this out some time ago. I personally first started suspecting it when Dabi kidnapped Bakugo and randomly taunted Shoto. At some point Horikoshi realized fans just knew and poured on the clues and troll moments. By this point we all knew and Horikoshi had to sell the reveal and make everything leading up to it worth it. And he pulled it off perfectly.

Dabi gets to be front and center in all of his dramatic ****-eating glory as he unveils the tragedy of his life and doesn't give a **** about who he's hurting. He's been pushed into murderous insanity by his father and he cherry picked the best/worst (depending on your perspective) to let the whole world know what's been going on behind the scenes. Shoto is conflicted about Endeavor, Natsuo can't find it in their heart to forgive and Fuyumi just wants them all to be happy. But Toya fucking hates Endeavor and has no love left for his family (he planned to kill Shoto and has no concern for Rei). It's a tragedy and emotional horror show all rolled into one and the art and writing really sells the emotional gut punch of the whole thing. Just mad props to Horikoshi for pulling this off.

Dabi's comments of "You reap what you sow." and "The past never dies." are at the heart of what I love about Endeavor's arc. There are actual consequences for everything he's done. It's great that he's seen the error of his ways and that he's trying to attone, but that just isn't enough. The situation he's created so much more complex and unwilling to co-operate than he ever understood. It's hitting back hard and he's responsible for a lot of it. But not for everything.

I saw this great comment about how Dabi saying that his flames are Endeavor's flames being more or less the opposite of what Shoto once realized. That his quirk is his own and that how he uses it has nothing to do with Endeavor. Dabi is kinda saying that all the murders he's committed are on Endeavor's hands, and that's just not true. Endeavor's fault is abusing his family and in this case driving his son insane, but what Dabi does with his fire is all on his hands. The question of responsibility will be vital for this storyline. I am so looking forward to seeing where Horikoshi takes it all.

One final thing about Dabi, I think it's quite funny that he's been so prepared to do this whole thing that he was just carrying around a bottle of hair bleach/white color/color removal/or something else and probably a USB for Skeptic to use for the big national reveal just so he could jump at the best possible moment to shake things up. Dabi is a mega-drama queen and I love that.

As for what happens next, as you say even if the heroes get a perfect win here they've kinda already lost. What started out as a solid raid operation has lead to most likely thousands of people dead (heroes and civilians), property damages that are probably up in the billions, a ruination of the number 1 hero's reputation and the underlying mistrust of hero society just growing deeper. I can see Gigantomachia being stopped by a combination of struggling against Best Jeanist's massive amount of fabric and Momo's sedative finally taking effect because of it. But it's not a gurantee. Either way, right now it's all about what the heroes can salvage from this disaster.

Also, Shoto and Nejire's double attack just looked super cool and I'm glad that's what finally took down Shigaraki.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Well the big Dabi reveal is finally here and it was well written. It was something we all suspected and yet was still shocking and his plan is really evil. Destroying Endeavour would be too easy, destroying his reputation especially now that he is number one and destroying his heir is genius. I just hope that Rei doesn't suffer a relapse given all the progress she has been making.

Well it looks like Tmura is out for the count which means Gigantomachia is now a bigger wildcard, given he has no idea what his master wants. Also the plane and its mystery passenger are coming
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Yeah, I'm really wondering how this'll affect poor Rei who was starting to do so much better. I really want the story to give her some focus at some point, along with Shoto.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

Most fans figured this out some time ago. I personally first started suspecting it when Dabi kidnapped Bakugo and randomly taunted Shoto. At some point Horikoshi realized fans just knew and poured on the clues and troll moments. By this point we all knew and Horikoshi had to sell the reveal and make everything leading up to it worth it. And he pulled it off perfectly.

Dabi gets to be front and center in all of his dramatic ****-eating glory as he unveils the tragedy of his life and doesn't give a **** about who he's hurting. He's been pushed into murderous insanity by his father and he cherry picked the best/worst (depending on your perspective) to let the whole world know what's been going on behind the scenes. Shoto is conflicted about Endeavor, Natsuo can't find it in their heart to forgive and Fuyumi just wants them all to be happy. But Toya fucking hates Endeavor and has no love left for his family (he planned to kill Shoto and has no concern for Rei). It's a tragedy and emotional horror show all rolled into one and the art and writing really sells the emotional gut punch of the whole thing. Just mad props to Horikoshi for pulling this off.

Dabi's comments of "You reap what you sow." and "The past never dies." are at the heart of what I love about Endeavor's arc. There are actual consequences for everything he's done. It's great that he's seen the error of his ways and that he's trying to attone, but that just isn't enough. The situation he's created so much more complex and unwilling to co-operate than he ever understood. It's hitting back hard and he's responsible for a lot of it. But not for everything.

I saw this great comment about how Dabi saying that his flames are Endeavor's flames being more or less the opposite of what Shoto once realized. That his quirk is his own and that how he uses it has nothing to do with Endeavor. Dabi is kinda saying that all the murders he's committed are on Endeavor's hands, and that's just not true. Endeavor's fault is abusing his family and in this case driving his son insane, but what Dabi does with his fire is all on his hands. The question of responsibility will be vital for this storyline. I am so looking forward to seeing where Horikoshi takes it all.

One final thing about Dabi, I think it's quite funny that he's been so prepared to do this whole thing that he was just carrying around a bottle of hair bleach/white color/color removal/or something else and probably a USB for Skeptic to use for the big national reveal just so he could jump at the best possible moment to shake things up. Dabi is a mega-drama queen and I love that.

As for what happens next, as you say even if the heroes get a perfect win here they've kinda already lost. What started out as a solid raid operation has lead to most likely thousands of people dead (heroes and civilians), property damages that are probably up in the billions, a ruination of the number 1 hero's reputation and the underlying mistrust of hero society just growing deeper. I can see Gigantomachia being stopped by a combination of struggling against Best Jeanist's massive amount of fabric and Momo's sedative finally taking effect because of it. But it's not a gurantee. Either way, right now it's all about what the heroes can salvage from this disaster.

Also, Shoto and Nejire's double attack just looked super cool and I'm glad that's what finally took down Shigaraki.
    end of spoilers

]
    spoilers:
    We already knew that the heroes will lose due to no heroes on the street comment Deku gave at the end of chapter 257. My guess Best Jeanist comes in and get the remaining heroes out of the area. Public outcry will be very high maybe asking for the retirement of Endeavor for example or citizens dont trust heroes anymore and start using their quirks to protect themselves. As for Rei yeah her mental state will have a set back after this but Im more interested in Natsou since the major reason why he hates his dad was due to Touya "death" but could there be a chance that he is on Dabi side per chance and known all alonside but didnt say anything about it?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I feel like when he taunted Shoto was when most people started seriously suggesting that to be the case. And then once he taunted Endeavor in the exact same way later is when everyone pretty much knew he was Toya, especially considering that was at the exact same time Toya was first name dropped (we knew there was a 4th kid but that was it, didn't actually know who he was, if he was still alive, etc), so that helped solidify things.

One of the elements that makes it so much more complicated, is that there really is no simple answer. Probably various amounts of people hurt or reacting in different ways, but also there being no real solution. You can't just simply exile him, because then you're losing out on one of your biggest powerhouses that stops alot of crimes. It's also a case of, for a familiar issue like this, that he's already been working towards, how do you really "atone" for that? I will not be surprised if it ends up being Endeavor putting himself under "self-retirement", due to both healing injuries, and just being completely depressed, feeling like he's unable to effectively be a hero anymore anyway.

I think Dabi also sees it as, since Endeavor "created" him not to be his son, but his successor, so when tossed aside as a failed experiment, leading to those moments crying to Natsuo about why he was even born, he sees all of those deaths are on his hands, since he brought him in the world, then took away his one purpose.

I noticed this but I like how we've had the four core members of the League of Villains now each have their backstories revealed, showing a much more sympathetic side to them and how they turned to villainy, and in this arc all four of them have their moment to double down on their decision. Hawks tries to appeal to Twice, and he tells him to shove it. Uraraka tells Toga she can't keep acting that way if she wants a "normal life", and she agrees. Shigaraki realizes All For One has been manipulating him, but still hates Nana and everyone else. And now Dabi's revenge against Endeavor isn't about pushing himself up, but pulling his father down to his level. Despite their bad actions, they stick by their decisions because it's what they believe in. And in comparing it to Endeavor, he's someone who spent most of his life as an abusive d-bag, and only within these past few months suddenly changed his ideals like nothing happened, so feel even more of a betrayal to their beliefs.

Also, I realized this checking out the Remedial Course again, Endeavor mentions that he "gave up on the dream of beating All Might" at age 20, which is when he devoted himself to the "breed a successor" plan. Meaning he gave up after ONLY TWO YEARS, which just makes his actions come off even worse showing just how bad his ego and obsession were that he caved this quickly, and further helps cement just how much his actions were his decision, with no outside force influencing him, making the responsibility all the more greater.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    We already knew that the heroes will lose due to no heroes on the street comment Deku gave at the end of chapter 257. My guess Best Jeanist comes in and get the remaining heroes out of the area. Public outcry will be very high maybe asking for the retirement of Endeavor for example or citizens dont trust heroes anymore and start using their quirks to protect themselves. As for Rei yeah her mental state will have a set back after this but Im more interested in Natsou since the major reason why he hates his dad was due to Touya "death" but could there be a chance that he is on Dabi side per chance and known all alonside but didnt say anything about it?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    To be fair, while it is possible Midoryia's comment in 257 could end up being a double meaning, technically the "No heroes in the street" comment is referring to the heroes LITERALLY not being in the street because they were all formed together as part of the raid (which was also done on purpose to draw out any MLA leaks, like Slidin Go). This one incident isn't going to wipe all the heroes off the street, but it's definitively going to lead to alot of issues they can't simply punch their way out of.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

Yeah, I'm really wondering how this'll affect poor Rei who was starting to do so much better. I really want the story to give her some focus at some point, along with Shoto.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Hopefully Rei will get some focus, especially with her son being a villain and all.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I feel like when he taunted Shoto was when most people started seriously suggesting that to be the case. And then once he taunted Endeavor in the exact same way later is when everyone pretty much knew he was Toya, especially considering that was at the exact same time Toya was first name dropped (we knew there was a 4th kid but that was it, didn't actually know who he was, if he was still alive, etc), so that helped solidify things.

One of the elements that makes it so much more complicated, is that there really is no simple answer. Probably various amounts of people hurt or reacting in different ways, but also there being no real solution. You can't just simply exile him, because then you're losing out on one of your biggest powerhouses that stops alot of crimes. It's also a case of, for a familiar issue like this, that he's already been working towards, how do you really "atone" for that? I will not be surprised if it ends up being Endeavor putting himself under "self-retirement", due to both healing injuries, and just being completely depressed, feeling like he's unable to effectively be a hero anymore anyway.

I think Dabi also sees it as, since Endeavor "created" him not to be his son, but his successor, so when tossed aside as a failed experiment, leading to those moments crying to Natsuo about why he was even born, he sees all of those deaths are on his hands, since he brought him in the world, then took away his one purpose.

I noticed this but I like how we've had the four core members of the League of Villains now each have their backstories revealed, showing a much more sympathetic side to them and how they turned to villainy, and in this arc all four of them have their moment to double down on their decision. Hawks tries to appeal to Twice, and he tells him to shove it. Uraraka tells Toga she can't keep acting that way if she wants a "normal life", and she agrees. Shigaraki realizes All For One has been manipulating him, but still hates Nana and everyone else. And now Dabi's revenge against Endeavor isn't about pushing himself up, but pulling his father down to his level. Despite their bad actions, they stick by their decisions because it's what they believe in. And in comparing it to Endeavor, he's someone who spent most of his life as an abusive d-bag, and only within these past few months suddenly changed his ideals like nothing happened, so feel even more of a betrayal to their beliefs.

Also, I realized this checking out the Remedial Course again, Endeavor mentions that he "gave up on the dream of beating All Might" at age 20, which is when he devoted himself to the "breed a successor" plan. Meaning he gave up after ONLY TWO YEARS, which just makes his actions come off even worse showing just how bad his ego and obsession were that he caved this quickly, and further helps cement just how much his actions were his decision, with no outside force influencing him, making the responsibility all the more greater.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

While Dabi's first confrontation with Endeavor added more fuel to the theory, for me the final nail was when Shoto had a flashback in which Endeavor described why Touya didn't live up to his expectations, because he had stronger flames than Endeavor but he got his mother's ice based constitution so he'd burn himself. That just aligned everything perfectly for me.

I agree that Endeavor will most likely more or less retire after this. I wonder if he'll handle his first contact with regular civilians, I imagine that it'll be brutal. I didn't notice it at first, but we get a cameo of the "Can't ya see"-kid who believed so much in Endeavor. His reaction is heartbreaking all on its own. Seeing a personal idol get deservedly torn down because of something horrible being revealed is never fun, as I'm sure we've all experienced in the modern media landscape. But it is necessary in the grand scheme of things.

One great big point in Dabi's favor for how he's acting here is that he's admitted his own atrocities and has no problem taking responsibility for any of it. Endeavor on the other hand is as always slow in admitting his past actions. He certainly and genuinely regrets the abuse he put his family through and he's trying to attone, but one can't help but wonder if maybe he should've fessed up about this whole thing to the public. There are fair reasons for why that might've been a bad idea, the media attention would put his family through huge amounts of stress that they really don't need at such a fragile point, and with society kinda teethering on the brink of despair so the number 1 hero admitting to horrid acts like that would probably have a negative impact. But it also would've been good to get it out in the open I think.

There's lots of angles to this whole nightmare, which is what makes it so compelling. Even with Dabi/Touya. Dude is well within his right to out his dad's abuse whenever he wants, that's a power a lot of people wish they had. But he's also a crazy and super powered serial killer who needs to go down. I am really looking forward to his and Shoto's future encounters.

The main thing that this arc has done in terms of character progression is that the relationships between the villains and heroes has gotten more complicated. Izuku, Ochako and Shoto have gotten a much greater insight into Shigaraki, Toga and Dabi respectively now. They are just psychopaths out to destroy the world. They're damaged individuals who are striking back at a world that has rejected and hurt them so much that they see no other option but to burn it all to the ground. As you say, these are villains that will stick to their beliefs and the people that accepted them when litterally no else would. Defeating them will take a lot more than just beating them up. At the same time, it'll be interesting to see how characters like Bakugo (who have no personal stakes in any of these villains) and Tokoyami (who's probably real pissed at Dabi for what he did to Hawks) view this whole thing.

I still really want to see what made Endeavor give up and turn to something so horrid as what he did. There's a missing story there and I want to see it. But no matter his reasoning it will most likely ring hollow, and I think he needs to revisit that part of his life to fully grasp just how horrible his actions were.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I agree that Endeavor will most likely more or less retire after this. I wonder if he'll handle his first contact with regular civilians, I imagine that it'll be brutal. I didn't notice it at first, but we get a cameo of the "Can't ya see"-kid who believed so much in Endeavor. His reaction is heartbreaking all on its own. Seeing a personal idol get deservedly torn down because of something horrible being revealed is never fun, as I'm sure we've all experienced in the modern media landscape. But it is necessary in the grand scheme of things.

One great big point in Dabi's favor for how he's acting here is that he's admitted his own atrocities and has no problem taking responsibility for any of it. Endeavor on the other hand is as always slow in admitting his past actions. He certainly and genuinely regrets the abuse he put his family through and he's trying to attone, but one can't help but wonder if maybe he should've fessed up about this whole thing to the public. There are fair reasons for why that might've been a bad idea, the media attention would put his family through huge amounts of stress that they really don't need at such a fragile point, and with society kinda teethering on the brink of despair so the number 1 hero admitting to horrid acts like that would probably have a negative impact. But it also would've been good to get it out in the open I think.

There's lots of angles to this whole nightmare, which is what makes it so compelling. Even with Dabi/Touya. Dude is well within his right to out his dad's abuse whenever he wants, that's a power a lot of people wish they had. But he's also a crazy and super powered serial killer who needs to go down. I am really looking forward to his and Shoto's future encounters.

The main thing that this arc has done in terms of character progression is that the relationships between the villains and heroes has gotten more complicated. Izuku, Ochako and Shoto have gotten a much greater insight into Shigaraki, Toga and Dabi respectively now. They are just psychopaths out to destroy the world. They're damaged individuals who are striking back at a world that has rejected and hurt them so much that they see no other option but to burn it all to the ground. As you say, these are villains that will stick to their beliefs and the people that accepted them when litterally no else would. Defeating them will take a lot more than just beating them up. At the same time, it'll be interesting to see how characters like Bakugo (who have no personal stakes in any of these villains) and Tokoyami (who's probably real pissed at Dabi for what he did to Hawks) view this whole thing.

I still really want to see what made Endeavor give up and turn to something so horrid as what he did. There's a missing story there and I want to see it. But no matter his reasoning it will most likely ring hollow, and I think he needs to revisit that part of his life to fully grasp just how horrible his actions were.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It is funny we got to see the reaction from "Can't-ya-see" kid BEFORE Natsuo and Fuyumi, though I imagine theirs will be given a much bigger deal. Seeing Rei's reaction first is most important anyway. I also thought it was a genius move to have the first two pages be from her perspective, seeing the confession, rather than it happening right after the Toya reveal to Shoto and Endeavor, because it's again playing with the audience's expectations. We all knew already he was Toya, so might as well play around with it for suspense, throwing it in first to prepare everyone.

I have a feeling Dabi is pretty much gonna be Shoto's prime motivation going into the 2nd year, wrestling with whether to take him down at all costs, or somehow "get through to him". (Honestly getting very big Sasuke/Itachi vibes from it all). Also, this is just a crazy stab in the dark I literally just thought of now, but since "Dabi" means "Cremation", what if Shoto's hero name is something along the lines of "Phoenix"? It's already a really cool name, and fits very thematically well with him.

I didn't even think about how the villains connected to the main heroes, each with the specific encounters too, that really makes it alot more interesting. Especially when they're able to recognize that they're still in the wrong, while also understanding they aren't "simply mass murderers." I imagine Midoryia will probably be talking to All Might about the "Shimura" connection.

I do really hope that nothing major actually happened that made Endeavor go down the path. Just like with Bakugo, I think it's really smart that they both don't have "tragic" backstories, or specific incidents in their past that led them to acting badly. Because then it puts their actions squarely as their fault, and something they have to come to terms with. Bakugo had an ego over having a super powerful quirk, and I imagine it was the same for Endeavor, he was the top at the school for so long, and despite all the hard work he put in to became No. 2 so quickly, All Might's No. 1 spot still remained FAR out of reach. And because he only cared about the title/glory, it led his obsession consumed him. I hope this reveal leads him to really reflect on the "Why" he did what he did, beyond just that "it was wrong", cause that's the one missing piece left in his arc that would make it come together so well.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It is funny we got to see the reaction from "Can't-ya-see" kid BEFORE Natsuo and Fuyumi, though I imagine theirs will be given a much bigger deal. Seeing Rei's reaction first is most important anyway. I also thought it was a genius move to have the first two pages be from her perspective, seeing the confession, rather than it happening right after the Toya reveal to Shoto and Endeavor, because it's again playing with the audience's expectations. We all knew already he was Toya, so might as well play around with it for suspense, throwing it in first to prepare everyone.

I have a feeling Dabi is pretty much gonna be Shoto's prime motivation going into the 2nd year, wrestling with whether to take him down at all costs, or somehow "get through to him". (Honestly getting very big Sasuke/Itachi vibes from it all). Also, this is just a crazy stab in the dark I literally just thought of now, but since "Dabi" means "Cremation", what if Shoto's hero name is something along the lines of "Phoenix"? It's already a really cool name, and fits very thematically well with him.

I didn't even think about how the villains connected to the main heroes, each with the specific encounters too, that really makes it alot more interesting. Especially when they're able to recognize that they're still in the wrong, while also understanding they aren't "simply mass murderers." I imagine Midoryia will probably be talking to All Might about the "Shimura" connection.

I do really hope that nothing major actually happened that made Endeavor go down the path. Just like with Bakugo, I think it's really smart that they both don't have "tragic" backstories, or specific incidents in their past that led them to acting badly. Because then it puts their actions squarely as their fault, and something they have to come to terms with. Bakugo had an ego over having a super powerful quirk, and I imagine it was the same for Endeavor, he was the top at the school for so long, and despite all the hard work he put in to became No. 2 so quickly, All Might's No. 1 spot still remained FAR out of reach. And because he only cared about the title/glory, it led his obsession consumed him. I hope this reveal leads him to really reflect on the "Why" he did what he did, beyond just that "it was wrong", cause that's the one missing piece left in his arc that would make it come together so well.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I did like that because the fact that we were getting the reveal had been spoiled for because internet is internet. But I didn't know the details of it. So I was caught off guard by those first couple of pages. When it clicked what was going I was truly shook. I'd always figured that revealing the abuse would be a powerful weapon in Dabi arsenal, and to see it get used like that was quite the moment. It also made me feel horrible for poor Rei.

I get the comparisson to the Uchiha brothers, but I wouldn't be surprised if we'll get the opposite kind of relationship here. Shoto won't be out to take out Touya, he'll do his best to stop him AND save him. Which is the massive emotional crash site I've always hoped for with the theory. In Dabi Shoto has a dangerous super villain that needs to be stopped, a physical manfistation of his father's abused that he needs to confront and a brother he needs to save. It would be pretty cool if Shoto would pick a hero name that functions as a anti-thesis of Touya's villain name. Just tie it all together, I love that.

This arc is all about breaking the status quo and setting up new storylines. These three rivalries will probably drive a lot of the thematic questions going forward. And yeah, Izuku needs to have a massive talk with All Might. I wonder if the Touya reveal will push all the weird things Endeavor's has heard about Deku out of his mind, at least for the time being.

Yeah, a simple non-event would probably be the best in terms of where the narrative generally goes. Either way, Endeavor has a lot of soul-searching to do.
    end of spoilers