Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I get the comparisson to the Uchiha brothers, but I wouldn't be surprised if we'll get the opposite kind of relationship here. Shoto won't be out to take out Touya, he'll do his best to stop him AND save him. Which is the massive emotional crash site I've always hoped for with the theory. In Dabi Shoto has a dangerous super villain that needs to be stopped, a physical manfistation of his father's abused that he needs to confront and a brother he needs to save. It would be pretty cool if Shoto would pick a hero name that functions as a anti-thesis of Touya's villain name. Just tie it all together, I love that.

This arc is all about breaking the status quo and setting up new storylines. These three rivalries will probably drive a lot of the thematic questions going forward. And yeah, Izuku needs to have a massive talk with All Might. I wonder if the Touya reveal will push all the weird things Endeavor's has heard about Deku out of his mind, at least for the time being.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I also feel that this relationship between Shoto and Dabi in terms of writing execution will probably turn out alot better overall than how muddled the Uchiha brothers' relationship ended up being in that story. I'm also really curious to see them fight, because just on the surface it feels like Shoto would probably overall win. Even though we know Dabi's fire is extremely powerful, we know for sure more powerful than Shoto and Endeavors', there's also of course the issue of it burning off his skin the more he uses, so he can't really overuse too much. Plus Shoto has his ice, and as shown with Geten, who was able to fight Dabi to a standstill, that could probably greatly assist in overwhelming him in a one-on-one.

With how many status quos being broken, it does keep making me think about the possibility of One For All actually becoming public by the end. Cause just right now we've got: Endeavor, Aizawa, Ryuku, Manual, Rock Lock, Shoto, Iida, and Nejire, all who have seen Midoryia using his powers fighting Shigaraki and/or know Shigaraki is after him (and Endeavor's straight up heard "One For All"). It's a pretty weird selection of characters to seem like they'll be the only ones to figure out the secret, making me believe either a couple more more relevant characters will also learn, or just everyone will.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I also feel that this relationship between Shoto and Dabi in terms of writing execution will probably turn out alot better overall than how muddled the Uchiha brothers' relationship ended up being in that story. I'm also really curious to see them fight, because just on the surface it feels like Shoto would probably overall win. Even though we know Dabi's fire is extremely powerful, we know for sure more powerful than Shoto and Endeavors', there's also of course the issue of it burning off his skin the more he uses, so he can't really overuse too much. Plus Shoto has his ice, and as shown with Geten, who was able to fight Dabi to a standstill, that could probably greatly assist in overwhelming him in a one-on-one.

With how many status quos being broken, it does keep making me think about the possibility of One For All actually becoming public by the end. Cause just right now we've got: Endeavor, Aizawa, Ryuku, Manual, Rock Lock, Shoto, Iida, and Nejire, all who have seen Midoryia using his powers fighting Shigaraki and/or know Shigaraki is after him (and Endeavor's straight up heard "One For All"). It's a pretty weird selection of characters to seem like they'll be the only ones to figure out the secret, making me believe either a couple more more relevant characters will also learn, or just everyone will.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Yeah, I certainly don't think (hope) that it will turn out Dabi was actually good all along and everybody will admire him to the point where the final battle is about different interpretations of his ideals while he's never really called out on his crimes. ...I hate Itachi and the writing for him so much.

On paper it certainly seems like Shoto has more going for him in a hypothetical showdown. Dabi's fire is stronger but he's got a much stricter limit in how much he can use at a time, requiring an actual cooldown. As awful as Endeavor's actions were, Shoto really did end up with the best of both quirks. He can actually reset himself from the negative effects of both his abilities. And he's got more options with two elements. In a straight up fight Dabi should loose. So he'd probably really play up the mind games, attack at opportune moments and rely on the fact that he's going for the kill while Shoto probably won't be doing that. It'll be interesting to see a match-up where the hero has the physical advantage.

Questions will be asked once the dust has settled and the new societal has begun. It'll be a really interesting landscape for the new year of the kids' education. Though, considering how bad this all went I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people present prioritized other things over Izuku's weird powers. Aizawa and the other students might focus in on it though.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    So the Obito moment finally happened in the BNH fandom, but seemingly better executed and less hilarious memes (Tobito was great). Nice, i haven't keep up with the manga, but i definetly interested
    end of spoilers
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Wooooooooo, there's alot going on here, and another break for next week.

spoilers:
    Endeavor thinks back to when he used to train and raise Touya, setting aside his disappointment that he, then later next kids, never had the Fire/Ice combo he wanted, but still glad that Touya possessed fire stronger than his, as well as a desire to accomplish this goal. He also thinks back to Touya's death, supposedly dying in a fire so hot nearly all his flesh and bones were completely burned away. We also learn that Touya's hair started off red like his father, before eventually becoming white like his mother.

Back on the battlefield, Endeavor responds with disbelief over Dabi's claims, while Compress and Spinner are also shocked over this reveal, with the latter also trying to wake Shigaraki to give Machia an order. On his confessional, Dabi reveals a bloodtest saying that he and Endeavor have a 99.99% match, using the existence of Fuyumi, Natsuo, and Shoto as additional proof (with the latter two also finding out about all this just now). He continues to insult Endeavor, saying he doesn't care about anyone other than his own image and that someone like that shouldn't be a hero.

"Can't see ya"-kun watches all this not wanting to believe anything, until he is also shocked by Dabi's second ace, footage of Hawks killing Twice, which he received/got edited thanks to Skeptic and his cameras. He also reveals about Hawks supposedly killing Best Jeanist, as well as that Hawks' father was a killer/criminal and that was the reason his name was kept hidden by the HPSC (his father was also caught by Endeavor).

Dabi continues to vent about how heroes just care about the limelight and use the people they save to give them protection, while "Can't see ya"-kun's friend says that even if people don't believe this, that shred of doubt, alongside all the destruction, will lead them to start to lose some faith. Dabi jumps down to attack, as Shoto screams to Endeavor to protect Midoryia and the others, but he just stands there dumbfounded unable to move as Shoto keeps crying out to him. Just as Dabi is about to execute his own "Prominence Burn", carbon fibre wires suddenly strike down in front of them from above, as Best Jeanist makes his grand entrance.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    There's a bunch of pretty much big reveals here. We get confirmation that both Red Hair Touya AND White Hair Touya are canon. We also see another side of Endeavor's early parental start, while he still seemed pretty one track-minded, it appears he didn't become full out abusive until Shoto was born, showing a much more gradual decline in terribleness than we assumed.

And Hawks' father being a villain is actually a really genius idea, and just makes me want to know more about Hawks and what's going on in his head. Dealing with this family upbringing, breaking apart from it, but also having to keep it a secret because the public wouldn't trust you if they knew your history, it's all so fascinating. Plus really ironic to realize he probably looked up to Endeavor because he saved him from his dad, unaware that he himself was also an abusive father.

Using Twice's death as extra ammo (Skeptic the real MVP here) also finally great to see like what we were expecting, and I'm hoping this will lead into alot of discussions amongst the characters regarding the nature of whether heroes should kill even in the most desperate of circumstances.

And of course, Jeanist makes his triumphant return, finally getting to do something badass. This is the true climax now, and I really have no idea where we're gonna go from here. I think Endeavor being probably out for the count, and Midoryia and Bakugo probably having one more big moment each, but other than that anything could go.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Dabi continues to brun down the pillars of society by also targeting Hawks. Whatever the outcome there will be a lot of questions. Best Jeanist is confirmed to be back, though it is hard for me to get excited about a hero I never cared about.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    There's a bunch of pretty much big reveals here. We get confirmation that both Red Hair Touya AND White Hair Touya are canon. We also see another side of Endeavor's early parental start, while he still seemed pretty one track-minded, it appears he didn't become full out abusive until Shoto was born, showing a much more gradual decline in terribleness than we assumed.

And Hawks' father being a villain is actually a really genius idea, and just makes me want to know more about Hawks and what's going on in his head. Dealing with this family upbringing, breaking apart from it, but also having to keep it a secret because the public wouldn't trust you if they knew your history, it's all so fascinating. Plus really ironic to realize he probably looked up to Endeavor because he saved him from his dad, unaware that he himself was also an abusive father.

Using Twice's death as extra ammo (Skeptic the real MVP here) also finally great to see like what we were expecting, and I'm hoping this will lead into alot of discussions amongst the characters regarding the nature of whether heroes should kill even in the most desperate of circumstances.

And of course, Jeanist makes his triumphant return, finally getting to do something badass. This is the true climax now, and I really have no idea where we're gonna go from here. I think Endeavor being probably out for the count, and Midoryia and Bakugo probably having one more big moment each, but other than that anything could go.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I wonder how much communication there's been between Horikoshi and Bones regarding Touya's hair color since I do believe that Bones were the ones that showed it to be red while most manga images we've seen of Touya have been white haired. This is probably a way to smooth all that over (I personally think I prefer red head Touya but white hair works too). Last chapter Dabi told us that he used to cry with Natsuo after training so the abuse most likely did start before Shoto was born, probably somewhere after Touya hurt himself with his power and became afraid of it. And we are lacking details in what happen on the night of Touya's supposed death and what pushed him over the edge (not to mention how he got a hold of all that information about Hawks).

It was pointed out to me that Ending became obsessed with Endeavor after he saw him catch a criminal named Takami, which is also Hawks' last name. The timing is a bit off though since Hawks was with the HPSC when he was a little kid and he would've been 15 when when Ending saw the incident, but it is quite the coincidence. Hawks have always been able to kinda detach himself from certain limits in order to get his hero work done, which is probably also based in how he saw Endeavor just come in and deal with his father. It'll be interesting to see what he thinks not only after finding out about Endeavor's abuse but that he also actually gave up trying to take the number 1 spot himself.

I always welcome discussions of killing or not in my superhero comics. I especially want to see what Tokoyami says since he's so close to Hawks who did the dirty deed this time.

It kinda seems like Gigantomachia will be dealt with mainly by Shigaraki being unable to give him orders at this point, all the hard work towards taking him down paid off in the end. Dabi should be able to burn off any fabric that gets close to him, but for how long and he does down easy if you hit him. And Toga does still need to catch up. I personally think that Deku and Bakugo are down for the rest of this, but we'll see.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Dabi continues to brun down the pillars of society by also targeting Hawks. Whatever the outcome there will be a lot of questions. Best Jeanist is confirmed to be back, though it is hard for me to get excited about a hero I never cared about.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I'll admit that it's a bit weird that the big heroic save at the end comes from a guy whom I usually remember for two things.
    1. Cool last stand against All For One and AFO mentioning that his quirk isn't worth stealing since it would take years to master it to an effective degree.
    2. Him ending up in the top 10 of a japanese popularity poll for some reason, and that baffled me.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 11-16-2020 at 05:21 AM.

Astonishing Member

Not at all familiar with this, but isn't Best Jeanist the guy who Bakugo interned under, who made him groom his hair and stuff?

If so, he's probably considered memorable for that alone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Not at all familiar with this, but isn't Best Jeanist the guy who Bakugo interned under, who made him groom his hair and stuff?

If so, he's probably considered memorable for that alone.
    It's not that he's not memorable (though there are some people that have straight up forgotten him).

It's that he's comparatively unimportant for such a crucial role in the narrative as this latest chapter. Though, Horikoshi has set it all up very well so far.

And we still need to see how much of an impact he has.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

spoilers:
    I wonder how much communication there's been between Horikoshi and Bones regarding Touya's hair color since I do believe that Bones were the ones that showed it to be red while most manga images we've seen of Touya have been white haired. This is probably a way to smooth all that over (I personally think I prefer red head Touya but white hair works too). Last chapter Dabi told us that he used to cry with Natsuo after training so the abuse most likely did start before Shoto was born, probably somewhere after Touya hurt himself with his power and became afraid of it. And we are lacking details in what happen on the night of Touya's supposed death and what pushed him over the edge (not to mention how he got a hold of all that information about Hawks).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yea you're right, there's also the Bones-exclusive scene where Endeavor fights the Nomu in Hosu and uses blue fire, which he hadn't done before or since, so it's probably a case of Horikoshi taking these visual decisions and translating them into his works.

Like I've seen some people say, there are a few pieces of information missing regarding the situation, and we know that Dabi is slightly fudging the truth, so you kind of have to see between his words/thoughts and Endeavor's and what most matches up. Based on the information we get, it feels like he pretty much stuck with Touya as his priority due to his strength and determination, and didn't really care as much about Fuyumi and Natsuo being "failed side experiments", but then once the "successful" Shoto emerged, he tossed Touya to the side, effectively making him face an identity crisis. We also don't know exactly what his age is, I would think since it appears that he was about 5 in the flashback, and we know Fuyumi is 23, he's probably around 26-28, and since Natsuo is 19, I wonder how exactly their bigger age difference impacted their relationship.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It kinda seems like Gigantomachia will be dealt with mainly by Shigaraki being unable to give him orders at this point, all the hard work towards taking him down paid off in the end. Dabi should be able to burn off any fabric that gets close to him, but for how long and he does down easy if you hit him. And Toga does still need to catch up. I personally think that Deku and Bakugo are down for the rest of this, but we'll see.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I feel like if Shigaraki remains out for the rest of this, then I can see Midoryia and Bakugo also being down, but it just makes me think that there'll at least be one last shoe drop between our AFO and OFA before this is all over. But of course that also all depends if this'll be an "Escape" or "Capture" ending, which we just still don't know.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'll admit that it's a bit weird that the big heroic save at the end comes from a guy whom I usually remember for two things.
    1. Cool last stand against All For One and AFO mentioning that his quirk isn't worth stealing since it would take years to master it to an effective degree.
    2. Him ending up in the top 10 of a japanese popularity poll for some reason, and that baffled me.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Him somehow getting 6th in that popularity poll still absolutely confuses me, have no idea how that happened. Vigilantes is pretty much the only other time he really does something, when he takes command of a rescue situation and shows just how powerful he can be manipulating carbon fibres, which he's done again right now.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Again, if he is who I'm thinking he is, the whole Bakugo intern thing.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Again, if he is who I'm thinking he is, the whole Bakugo intern thing.
    Yeah, that him and crushing Bakugo's balls in Smash!

Here's something I discovered I think some might enjoy. Included in the Japanese Blu-Ray release of Season 4 was a mini light novel, written by the woman who writes the School Briefs books, called "Cultural Festival Wrap Up Party", which basically just focuses on the kids the day right after the Cultural Festival having a little get together. If you enjoyed the SB stories, I definitively recommend checking out this fan translation, seem it seems most likely this won't come over here, and it is a very cute and funny story.

https://aitaikimochi.tumblr.com/post/626905316002529280

And, in extremely recent and exciting news, this image was just posted on the main MHA website, and across their social media, heavily hinting toward a 3rd movie, with the phrase, "He will meet 'The Three Musketeers'".

Enej_hfXUAMYyCP.jpg

https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/statu...722589697?s=20

Obvious speculation is this will focus on the main trio during their internships sometime before the events of the current arc.

It's not that he's not memorable (though there are some people that have straight up forgotten him).

It's that he's comparatively unimportant for such a crucial role in the narrative as this latest chapter. Though, Horikoshi has set it all up very well so far.

And we still need to see how much of an impact he has.
    Funny enough, Best Jeanist is the title of a real Japanese fashion award that us given to the celebrity who looks best in denims. The character's bio states that he won it 4 or 5 years straight before dropping out permanently from consideration.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Not sure about the possible third movie news. The teaser image seems to suggest we could just be focusing on just four characters (Bakugo, Deku and Shoto, along with new character)and the possible timeframe of being during the internships would limit the chance of the other students turning up given they would be on their own internships.