Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast

spoilers:
    how do you guys feel about Mirio return I honestly didnt expect him to return now in this arc. Like how many months has it been since he lost his powers maybe 5 to 6 of so thats how long it takes Eri to recharge I guess thats ok depending in what she can restore
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    how do you guys feel about Mirio return I honestly didnt expect him to return now in this arc. Like how many months has it been since he lost his powers maybe 5 to 6 of so thats how long it takes Eri to recharge I guess thats ok depending in what she can restore
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wasn't expecting him to turn up, though given that Aizawa was planning to train Eri, we probably should have seen it coming. Still I'm glad he is back
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I absolutely do trust Horikoshi to find a proper balance for this as well. Just a bit shook is all.

Eri's powers are such a game changer in general that I can easily see her becoming the focus of at least one more arc. Like one where they have to keep her safe from villains that want her quirks for their own ends. She is after all the only source for creating quirk erasure bullets.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I would kinda love it if Monoma got in one of the last blows and stole a bunch of the limelight. Not only because I love the little douche-face and I think it would be hilarious. But also because an anime-only friend of mine hates Monoma, and I would love to just know that a "Monoma saves the day"-moment is approaching for him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's another one of the many topics I really wanna see the MHA universe cover, which is villains going after public figures. We kind of see it with the League kidnapping Bakugo, and then Ending's assault on Endeavor, but what would the precautions be like for characters when they are aware they are being hunted. Like, for example, if Stain, Overhaul, even All For One, etc., escaped from prison, would they immediately get extra security at U.A. in case they'd be after their desired targets as revenge, or something else?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I also very much dislike Monoma alot, but even I think it would be pretty great and hilarious to have him suddenly show up and "kill steal" at the last moment, finally getting all the attention he's desired this entire time.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's been about 6 months since Mirio lost his power, and about 2 months since Aizawa started training Eri to utilize her power. So far I'm mostly reserving my judgment to see how exactly Eri's control over her power works, just cause being able to fully restore his powers in just 2 months seems a bit too fast to me, and I want to see what the catch, if anything, is first. It is still an absolute genuine surprise nearly no one expected, and now just depends on where it goes from here.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It's been about 6 months since Mirio lost his power, and about 2 months since Aizawa started training Eri to utilize her power. So far I'm mostly reserving my judgment to see how exactly Eri's control over her power works, just cause being able to fully restore his powers in just 2 months seems a bit too fast to me, and I want to see what the catch, if anything, is first. It is still an absolute genuine surprise nearly no one expected, and now just depends on where it goes from here.
    end of spoilers[/QUOTE]

spoilers:
    The only catch i see is that her recharge time is still 6 months between use
    end of spoilers

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    The only catch i see is that her recharge time is still 6 months between use
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Eri's quirk seems like an all or nothing thing. IE there could only be full restoration of Mirio's powers, not partial
    end of spoilers

The 6th popularity poll results

The Top Ten

1.Bakugo(14937)

2.Deku( 8115)

3.Todoroki (6524)

4 Lida(3722)

5.Aizawa 2708

6.Krishima 1999

7.Hawks 1962

8.Endeavor 1344

9.Shindo(1244) ????

10 Shigraki(1170)

I put couple of the rest as well

12.Yaoyorza (1047)
    13.Denki 905
    14.All Might 746
    16.Uraka (616)
    19.Mirio 493
    20.Mirko 492
    22.Dabi 478
    24 Shinso 354
    34. Best Jeanist 173
    38. Eri 125
    40.Mineta 84.

I will put the link when I reach home.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-03-2020 at 01:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Shindo?

The earthquake kid from Shinketsu?

Where did that burst of popularity come from?

Shindo?

The earthquake kid from Shinketsu?

Where did that burst of popularity come from?
    My theory is that people mistake the name Shindo for Shinso But in the 4th and 5th poll Shindo was in 15th place and 14 place so I don't know

Shinso was 12th, 14th,10th,23rd,17th in previous polls
    Shindo was 20th(2nd)14th(4th),15th(5th) and 10th in 6th

He clearly got a fan base I guess. The second theory is well in three pictures I will let you guess

Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-03-2020 at 03:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    My theory is that people mistake the name Shindo for Shinso But in the 4th and 5th poll Shindo was in 15th place and 14 place so I don't know

Shinso was 12th, 14th,10th,23rd,17th in previous polls
    Shindo was 20th(2nd)14th(4th),15th(5th) and 10th in 6th
    I know he has a fanbase and some popularity that's disporportionate to how much he's been in the series.

My confusion is why did it lead to a top 10 position just now when it's been quite some time since his first apperance. Maybe everybody else went down enough in votes.

Bakugo, Midoryia, and Todoroki being top obviously makes sense, though which just how huge Bakugo's number is, I'm smelling some shenanigans going on.
    I think it's really nice that Iida is consistently pretty high up even if it feels like he doesn't get as much attention as he should. Aizawa and Kirishima still saying strong too.
    Shigaraki, Hawks, and Endeavor all making it on there also fits pretty well.
    .....but then there's Shindo....I'm sorry what? This is just like the Jeanist situation 2 polls ago (which just makes it even weirder that now he's all the way down to 34), random side character we haven't seen in a while suddenly getting a huge boost in popularity that no one knows why.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    He clearly got a fan base I guess. The second theory is well in three pictures I will let you guess
    My slight counter to this is that if fan art and fan attractiveness was a big selling point, shouldn't Mirko be so much higher? I see her EVERYWHERE, yet her being at only #20 is a legit surprise to me. (Unless the yaoi corner of BNHA is really that much bigger than even we realize...)

And here is the accompanying image that'll be alongside the chapter. Very nice steampunk aesthetic.

d710815609355775b15cb53c5945c49700dc3411c2f7eacec5f1ba4bdc4c5d81.jpg

No ladies in the top 10, Awww

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    No ladies in the top 10, Awww
    surpised that Mirko didnt awaken the furries of japan I know it did for Hori

also Deku will never be number 1 it seems unless it was some inflation I dont know any MC who isnt number 1 at least once in their own series

Extraordinary Member

also Deku will never be number 1 it seems unless it was some inflation I dont know any MC who isnt number 1 at least once in their own series
    Izuku won the first one and has remains in the top three in all the polis.

Which is pretty typical. I think One Piece is the only series where the MC consistently takes the number one spot.

Izuku won the first one and has remains in the top three in all the polis.

Which is pretty typical. I think One Piece is the only series where the MC consistently takes the number one spot.
    Yeah, in any popularity poll I've seen, the main hero wins the first one and then is pushed aside by other characters