Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    B
    My slight counter to this is that if fan art and fan attractiveness was a big selling point, shouldn't Mirko be so much higher? I see her EVERYWHERE, yet her being at only #20 is a legit surprise to me. (Unless the yaoi corner of BNHA is really that much bigger than even we realize...)
    The problem with Mirko popularity outside of MHA is that people might see her and think girl bunny costume, not a character from MHAand I think that weirdly hurts her. But yeah she is pretty popular but sexy bunny girl. I don't think people always make the connection to where she is from originally

Yaoi is not my world but I know it is pretty popular for MHA, So if there is some popular fanfiction with Shindo I wouldn't be shocked

New chapter day, very closely inching along to the finale, will not be surprise if it ends for good at the end of the year by this point.

spoilers:
    The day before the raid, Mirio while working at Nighteye's agency learns what's about to happen, and approaches Eri and the gang about using her power to bring his quirk back so he can be of some assistance during the fight. She has been training her ability on insects and lizards, and she is happy to do what she can to give it back. While he's able to hold off the Nomus for a bit, he still needs some help, which is when Bakugo, using the same quick blasts he utilized to save Midoryia earlier, jumps into the fight to protect Jeanist, alongside Iida and Nejire. Bakugo looks to Jeanist and finally gives him his new hero name: "Great Explosion Murder God: Dynamite!", which gets a very mixed response from the heroes (and villains) around.

Dabi and Shoto continue their battle, as Dabi prepares to burn him and Shoto up, while Endeavor looks on completely distressed and defeated. Laughing through it all, they're suddenly split apart by several Black Whip tendrils controlled by Midoryia...out of his mouth, emulating Tsuyu with "Froppy Style". Dabi tells him to stay out of it, but Midoryia defends them because he knows that Endeavor is trying to make a difference, and that he is not Endeavor, seemingly knocking the hero out of his funk.

Dabi keeps on venting about how useless it all is to fight back, as Gigantomachia breaks free from Jeanist's binds, only to be knocked over by Endeavor who tackles straight up into him. Machia then suddenly starts to feel weaker, losing his strength, as Mirio realizes that the Mountain team's anesthetic has started to work.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    We get a little bit of stuff with Eri, if anything I'm starting to feel like while she probably has a decent amount of control over it, there's most likely a decent cool down period, since we see her horn going from pretty big to just a stump now. It all just depends on how well those limits are to those she can "restore" at once.

Finally Bakugo's hero name! And while I guess technically, yeah the whole beginning part is a bit tacky, Dynamite's actually a pretty good name and fits very well so hoping he sticks with that. (One of the early fan translations I read had Spinner call it "pretty cool" and I wish that was the real one because it would've been really funny and really in character for him)

We also see Midoryia do what he does best, taking inspiration from his classmates (Black Whip just keeps getting so creative), and yelling at Todorokis that they're not their father lol. I still really like this subdued relationship that's been developing between Midoryia and Endeavor, how just his overall outlook and sense of kindness keeps catching his attention and helps inspire him to action when he doesn't know what to do, like snapping him out of his trance. I also love how Dabi just responds with "Ya I know already", he just doesn't care anymore. I've read someone say that Dabi is suicidal, and now that's all I think about. It's very clear he wants to die, but wants to die with a purpose (ie: take one his family members out with him), so now he's just pushing himself to the brink to reach that goal.

And even with Momo's plan finally succeeding, and Machia appearing to be finally down for the count, we're still no where closer to figuring out exactly how this is going to end. It is feeling more and more likely that this will end with everyone actually being arrested, but you never know what last minute tricks they'll throw at us, Toga is still MIA atm.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    A pretty good chapter. I'm glad Nejire is still in the fight and it looks like Gigantomachia is finally out for the count (though with all the twist and turns, you never know). Also Mirio is as good as ever and the scene with Eri was adorable. Froppy style was one part sweet and one part weird. Bakugo's name could have been better, I liked the fan translation of it being Dynamight more
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    We get a little bit of stuff with Eri, if anything I'm starting to feel like while she probably has a decent amount of control over it, there's most likely a decent cool down period, since we see her horn going from pretty big to just a stump now. It all just depends on how well those limits are to those she can "restore" at once.

Finally Bakugo's hero name! And while I guess technically, yeah the whole beginning part is a bit tacky, Dynamite's actually a pretty good name and fits very well so hoping he sticks with that. (One of the early fan translations I read had Spinner call it "pretty cool" and I wish that was the real one because it would've been really funny and really in character for him)

We also see Midoryia do what he does best, taking inspiration from his classmates (Black Whip just keeps getting so creative), and yelling at Todorokis that they're not their father lol. I still really like this subdued relationship that's been developing between Midoryia and Endeavor, how just his overall outlook and sense of kindness keeps catching his attention and helps inspire him to action when he doesn't know what to do, like snapping him out of his trance. I also love how Dabi just responds with "Ya I know already", he just doesn't care anymore. I've read someone say that Dabi is suicidal, and now that's all I think about. It's very clear he wants to die, but wants to die with a purpose (ie: take one his family members out with him), so now he's just pushing himself to the brink to reach that goal.

And even with Momo's plan finally succeeding, and Machia appearing to be finally down for the count, we're still no where closer to figuring out exactly how this is going to end. It is feeling more and more likely that this will end with everyone actually being arrested, but you never know what last minute tricks they'll throw at us, Toga is still MIA atm.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Right now probably isn't the time to lay out the details of Eri's quirk. Though we've got enough to figure out some of it. She naturally builds up energy to rewind things as indicated by how big her horn is. How much is needed for recovering a lost quirk, and other such, will be important to answer. It'll at least give a bit of pause so that she can't be expected to fix all injuries after every mission.

I've seen fans translating Bakugo's hero name as Dyna-Might, and I don't know if I like that or Dynamite more. Dyna-Might feels like one of the suggestions Izuku came up with when he was like 4-5 and there's something hilarious about Bakugo seriously going with something like that.

After his big reveal Dabi wa aiming to use his version of Prominence Burn on Endeavor, and I considering how his quirk has already messed up his body I have to believe that this would turn him into a crisp, along with anybody else in the vicinity. So yeah, Dabi is probably happy to die as long as he either kills Endeavor or makes him even more miserable. Which totally makes him immune to hero speeches even from the MC, but it was nice try on Izuku's part. And yeah, using Black Whip ala Froppy's tongue was clever and unexpected, I really liked that.

I'm thinking that we'll get one final shift right before the ending to really make this a win-loss thing for both sides. It was quite the shock to get such up-beat chapter after several weeks of the bad guys gaining momentum even when the heroes were making great moves. One possible interesting outcome would be if the rest of the league gets captured and Toga has to go uber-spy and rescue them from prison. I wonder how they're planning on keeping Gigantomachia down once the sedative wears off.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Bakugo Hero named is too long surpised he isnt called Kachan. Also Eri powers are still broken I knew its been 6 months but with only two months of training she brought back Lemillion. Still need to know how long her recharge is going to be? Machia finally feeling the effects of the sedative wonder if this is it for him and if so what will shigi and the others do?
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I've seen fans translating Bakugo's hero name as Dyna-Might, and I don't know if I like that or Dynamite more. Dyna-Might feels like one of the suggestions Izuku came up with when he was like 4-5 and there's something hilarious about Bakugo seriously going with something like that.

After his big reveal Dabi wa aiming to use his version of Prominence Burn on Endeavor, and I considering how his quirk has already messed up his body I have to believe that this would turn him into a crisp, along with anybody else in the vicinity. So yeah, Dabi is probably happy to die as long as he either kills Endeavor or makes him even more miserable. Which totally makes him immune to hero speeches even from the MC, but it was nice try on Izuku's part. And yeah, using Black Whip ala Froppy's tongue was clever and unexpected, I really liked that.

I'm thinking that we'll get one final shift right before the ending to really make this a win-loss thing for both sides. It was quite the shock to get such up-beat chapter after several weeks of the bad guys gaining momentum even when the heroes were making great moves. One possible interesting outcome would be if the rest of the league gets captured and Toga has to go uber-spy and rescue them from prison. I wonder how they're planning on keeping Gigantomachia down once the sedative wears off.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There is something inherently funny about even Midoryia thinking having a name derivative of All Might being too much, and then Bakugo just going ahead with "Dynamight". I think it all depends whether this allusion gets referenced or not if it matters if it's "Mite" or "Might". The fan translation also called him "God Of Explosive Destruction" so all I could think of is Beerus lol

It also kinda reminded of Two Heroes, when Midoryia's trying to save David Shield, and Wolfram just keeps taunting him all like "Oh, why are you trying to save him, he's clearly the bad guy here, you should be arresting him". Dabi also seems like the kind of guy that will find a way to make things work whether he escapes or gets captured. Because I could definitively see Endeavor going to visit him in prison, and then he just proceeds to taunt him the entire time.

Toga getting separated from the League, and eventually returning to save them, is a very likely option at this rate. I do kinda hope she manages to show up at some point last minute before the end, because I think it'd be really interesting to see her reaction/what she would do to current bloody Izuku, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go for the former. Also yeah, the question of how the hell would they even be able to move Machia, and where would they put him?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    Bakugo Hero named is too long surpised he isnt called Kachan. Also Eri powers are still broken I knew its been 6 months but with only two months of training she brought back Lemillion. Still need to know how long her recharge is going to be? Machia finally feeling the effects of the sedative wonder if this is it for him and if so what will shigi and the others do?
    end of spoilers
    Kacchan isn't really a nickname in the same sense that Deku was, it's just literally a short form of "Katsuki-chan", so it wouldn't really make sense for him to call himself that. (I don't know how accurate this is, but I read somewhere that some Japanese people do have some issues pronouncing "tsu", and that Midoryia's written as one of those people, which is not only why he uses that short form so much, but also helps explain why he has such a hard time saying Tsuyu's name)

Astonishing Member

Kacchan isn't really a nickname in the same sense that Deku was, it's just literally a short form of "Katsuki-chan", so it wouldn't really make sense for him to call himself that. (I don't know how accurate this is, but I read somewhere that some Japanese people do have some issues pronouncing "tsu", and that Midoryia's written as one of those people, which is not only why he uses that short form so much, but also helps explain why he has such a hard time saying Tsuyu's name)
    The "tsu" in Kacchan is a "Sokuon" or small tsu, and it's used to elongate consonants. It's not him saying Katsuki's name incorrectly; it's just a nickname.

Japanese names as a whole can be hard to pronounce because two names can be spelled the exact same way but pronounced differently.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    There is something inherently funny about even Midoryia thinking having a name derivative of All Might being too much, and then Bakugo just going ahead with "Dynamight". I think it all depends whether this allusion gets referenced or not if it matters if it's "Mite" or "Might". The fan translation also called him "God Of Explosive Destruction" so all I could think of is Beerus lol

It also kinda reminded of Two Heroes, when Midoryia's trying to save David Shield, and Wolfram just keeps taunting him all like "Oh, why are you trying to save him, he's clearly the bad guy here, you should be arresting him". Dabi also seems like the kind of guy that will find a way to make things work whether he escapes or gets captured. Because I could definitively see Endeavor going to visit him in prison, and then he just proceeds to taunt him the entire time.

Toga getting separated from the League, and eventually returning to save them, is a very likely option at this rate. I do kinda hope she manages to show up at some point last minute before the end, because I think it'd be really interesting to see her reaction/what she would do to current bloody Izuku, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go for the former. Also yeah, the question of how the hell would they even be able to move Machia, and where would they put him?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Now I'm picturing what a meeting between Beerus and Bakugo would be like. Not very good for Kacchan I imagine because they'd just annoy the heck out of one another. Beerus' lazy and nonchalant nature would piss off Bakugo and Beerus would think Bakugo is a little brat. They're oddly incompatible is what I'm thinking.

Dabi does feel like the kind of person that can just roll with the punches and start planning his next move while being a jerk about it. If the villains are captured we're going to have quite a few Hannibal Lecter-ish meetings in Tartaros.

We can probably get a reaction from Toga seeing Izuku in his most messed up state yet and still get a sidequest for her planning to rescue her crew. I kinda like the idea of her building up her own criminal empire just for that one task. The situation with Machia reminds me of Invincible when they'd knocked down Conquest and the plan to keep him locked up when he woke up was to bury incase him in a massive block of solid steel beneath a mountain and rig said mountain to collapse hon him if tried to escape. Conquest woke up, started flexing and the mountain collapsed on him, and it didn't stop him for even a minute.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The "tsu" in Kacchan is a "Sokuon" or small tsu, and it's used to elongate consonants. It's not him saying Katsuki's name incorrectly; it's just a nickname.

Japanese names as a whole can be hard to pronounce because two names can be spelled the exact same way but pronounced differently.
    Oh, alright. Though I assumed that it's still a nickname derived from "Katsuki", whereas Deku is a completely different type of nickname anyway (which also of course we know is used to have its own double meaning in Japanese).

spoilers:
    Now I'm picturing what a meeting between Beerus and Bakugo would be like. Not very good for Kacchan I imagine because they'd just annoy the heck out of one another. Beerus' lazy and nonchalant nature would piss off Bakugo and Beerus would think Bakugo is a little brat. They're oddly incompatible is what I'm thinking.

Dabi does feel like the kind of person that can just roll with the punches and start planning his next move while being a jerk about it. If the villains are captured we're going to have quite a few Hannibal Lecter-ish meetings in Tartaros.

We can probably get a reaction from Toga seeing Izuku in his most messed up state yet and still get a sidequest for her planning to rescue her crew. I kinda like the idea of her building up her own criminal empire just for that one task. The situation with Machia reminds me of Invincible when they'd knocked down Conquest and the plan to keep him locked up when he woke up was to bury incase him in a massive block of solid steel beneath a mountain and rig said mountain to collapse hon him if tried to escape. Conquest woke up, started flexing and the mountain collapsed on him, and it didn't stop him for even a minute.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That does remind me of the scene from Jump Force where Midoryia and Bakugo meet Goku and Vegeta, with Bakugo obviously only wanting to fight them, and Goku saying he reminds him of Vegeta, which he denies. I would imagine Beerus and Bakugo's relationship would be very similar to his with Vegeta, just with slightly more yelling.

I'm also thinking in the back of my head what could happen if Dabi just has a complete tantrum once everything looks completely lost for them, which would also pretty much just be Azula's ending from the finale of Avatar.

Hah yeah that's right. If anything, they'll at least know Machia could at least be more held back, as long as they keep Shiggy, All For One, and the Doctor as far away from him as possible.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

This is such a great dub for one of the best IzuOcha fan comics out there.

New chapter, and I've run out of witty expletives to react with.

spoilers:
    We see a bunch of shots of the injured heroes, namely Aizawa, Mirko, Gran Torino, Ryuku, and Hawks being treated, as well as Manual, Rock Lock, and Present Mic running, the unconscious bodies of Mt. Lady, Midnight, and Endeavor, and Midoryia still struggling to get up, while Best Jeanist narrates over how it is thanks to everyone they've managed to get this far. Mirio, Iida, Bakugo, and Nejire still have some trouble keeping up with the Nomus, but primarily work to keep them busy from Jeanist.

Then...we focus on Mr. Compress...He's thinking about how their group hasn't accomplished what they wanted yet, and as Jeanist tries to bind them harder to choke them out, he comes up with a plan. He uses his quirk to compress his ass, giving his arm room to break free and save Shigaraki and Spinner. He proceeds to escape up Gigantomachia, popping his body and clothing off as Jeanist tries to constrain him, as well as rescuing Skeptic. He then thinks about Oji Harima, the peerless thief from long ago who was a Robin Hood-type that targeted greedy heroes and redistributed the wealth to the people. Dabi uses a jet burn attack to knock Shoto out, reuniting with Compress, as the man shouts that he's Harima's great-great-grandson, and he has entrusted Shigaraki to accomplish his goal, as he releases Spinner and Shigaraki, setting them free.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    First thing of note, Bakugo's hero name is now officially "Dynamight", they even went back and changed the previous chapter to have the correct spelling, so it's possible it was just an initial mistranslation. But at least we now know for sure that the "Might" was definitely intentional. I also love how casually Iida just says the entire thing when calling out to him (Bakugo even has his funny little "Ive got no snappy comeback").

But now, I think I should really just give up trying to predict where this is going to go, because Horikoshi has now gone complete troll with these left-field plot swings, and I kinda love it. Even my prediction in the back of my head, that Compress could possibly snag the League and make an escape, isn't completely accurate because he appears to release them at the end to fight back, so we're just back to square one again! But still, Compress FINALLY getting the attention and some backstory he deserves, once again seeing just how much these crazy guys legitimately care about each other, and how he's willing to effectively disembowel himself to save them. I knew Oji Haruma was gonna be relevant eventually, but I did not expect this connection. It is the perfect magic trick, everyone was so focused on Dabi they completely underestimated him. Given his injuries and wording, it's also very possible he could be on the verge of death right about now, I hope he can stick around, but if he does, that's a damn way to go out.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The twists keep coming just when the heroes get a win we have a chapter focusing on Mr. Compress. What's also interesting to it is hard to predict where this is going, will the Legaue attempt to escape or go for a last stand now that so many heroes are injured. Sadly it also seems that Mr. Compress will be joining Twice soon.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

New chapter, and I've run out of witty expletives to react with.

spoilers:
    First thing of note, Bakugo's hero name is now officially "Dynamight", they even went back and changed the previous chapter to have the correct spelling, so it's possible it was just an initial mistranslation. But at least we now know for sure that the "Might" was definitely intentional. I also love how casually Iida just says the entire thing when calling out to him (Bakugo even has his funny little "Ive got no snappy comeback").

But now, I think I should really just give up trying to predict where this is going to go, because Horikoshi has now gone complete troll with these left-field plot swings, and I kinda love it. Even my prediction in the back of my head, that Compress could possibly snag the League and make an escape, isn't completely accurate because he appears to release them at the end to fight back, so we're just back to square one again! But still, Compress FINALLY getting the attention and some backstory he deserves, once again seeing just how much these crazy guys legitimately care about each other, and how he's willing to effectively disembowel himself to save them. I knew Oji Haruma was gonna be relevant eventually, but I did not expect this connection. It is the perfect magic trick, everyone was so focused on Dabi they completely underestimated him. Given his injuries and wording, it's also very possible he could be on the verge of death right about now, I hope he can stick around, but if he does, that's a damn way to go out.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    MR. COMPRESS! NOOOOOOO!!!

I love how dedicated these guys are to their goals simply because they know how their own goals are to them. But even then, I never expected Mr. Compress of all people to go as far asto mutilate his own body and pass on his dreams to the rest of the League. They really care for each other, and I hope that Dabi can start to care even a little bit about the others as more than tools (though I think that they know that's how he sees them and they're ok with it). But yeah, I hope that Compress survives. Not only because he's generally fun as a character, but also because I don't know if I can take more tragedy for the bad guys right now. And he has one of my favourite odd quirks. Him being related to Haruma explains a lot of things about him, mainly why he's so skilled and how come he's got this whole stage magician persona. It's skills passed down the family and they all know the value of creating a role like this. If he goes out it'll be with a strong finish, but I really want him to stick around.

Unless the League can somehow get Machia back up and running I don't think that they can really do much of anything. Only Dabi and Spinner are in fighting condition, so they might have to bolt before getting swarmed. But Toga's still MIA! Ah, the drama!

Finally, yes, Iida remembering and actually using Bakugo's full hero name is amazing. This is why we need more Iida focused content damnit!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    MR. COMPRESS! NOOOOOOO!!!

I love how dedicated these guys are to their goals simply because they know how their own goals are to them. But even then, I never expected Mr. Compress of all people to go as far asto mutilate his own body and pass on his dreams to the rest of the League. They really care for each other, and I hope that Dabi can start to care even a little bit about the others as more than tools (though I think that they know that's how he sees them and they're ok with it). But yeah, I hope that Compress survives. Not only because he's generally fun as a character, but also because I don't know if I can take more tragedy for the bad guys right now. And he has one of my favourite odd quirks. Him being related to Haruma explains a lot of things about him, mainly why he's so skilled and how come he's got this whole stage magician persona. It's skills passed down the family and they all know the value of creating a role like this. If he goes out it'll be with a strong finish, but I really want him to stick around.

Unless the League can somehow get Machia back up and running I don't think that they can really do much of anything. Only Dabi and Spinner are in fighting condition, so they might have to bolt before getting swarmed. But Toga's still MIA! Ah, the drama!

Finally, yes, Iida remembering and actually using Bakugo's full hero name is amazing. This is why we need more Iida focused content damnit!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yea, if anything it does feel like while Dabi's goals are his primary priority over truly assisting the League, he knows how useful everyone else can be, so he won't just toss them aside at a given chance and work alongside them, like how he just leaves Shoto and Endeavor behind for now to regroup with Compress. Alongside letting Toga run off to do her thing with Uraraka, they all understand they have differing feelings and things they want to accomplish, and they're willing to give each other the freedom and trust.

It would also be a shame because then it would mean we'd be losing 2 LOV members, while so far the only deaths in the heroes side were red shirts like Crust and X-Less, though it does feel more likely than not Gran Torino won't make it by the end, and I guess nearly every single other hero has been bruised and crippled to all hell, so that's the tradeoff. If we can get Shigaraki using one of his quirks to heal or stabilize his body, that would end up being really sweet, especially for him lol
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Yea, if anything it does feel like while Dabi's goals are his primary priority over truly assisting the League, he knows how useful everyone else can be, so he won't just toss them aside at a given chance and work alongside them, like how he just leaves Shoto and Endeavor behind for now to regroup with Compress. Alongside letting Toga run off to do her thing with Uraraka, they all understand they have differing feelings and things they want to accomplish, and they're willing to give each other the freedom and trust.

It would also be a shame because then it would mean we'd be losing 2 LOV members, while so far the only deaths in the heroes side were red shirts like Crust and X-Less, though it does feel more likely than not Gran Torino won't make it by the end, and I guess nearly every single other hero has been bruised and crippled to all hell, so that's the tradeoff. If we can get Shigaraki using one of his quirks to heal or stabilize his body, that would end up being really sweet, especially for him lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's a weirdly honest dynamic that works quite well for them all since none of them have betrayed each other as of yet.

I was wondering if Compress could use his powers on Machia to make a quick get-away, but then I realized that they wouldn't have any other means of getting away. Unless Shigaraki can use that sludge teleportation quirk. Also, I wouldn't be surprise if Machia is too big for Compress to well... compress.
    end of spoilers