Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

We've got a new trailer for Season 5, revealing the release date of March 27th! Get a bit more highlighting the Joint Training arc, showing they won't be holding back animation wise for these fights, some impressive looking visuals here. Also seems like they're still saving Blackwhip reveal for later.

And as a bonus, we also got the cover of Vol. 29, coming out in January, titled "Katsuki Bakugo Rising". I was assuming we'd get something Bakugo related given these chapters, namely some kind of action shot, but this I did not expect, and given the context of the chapters, it hits really hard. It's a really powerful and effective image, this is one I hope they find some way to incorporate into the anime eventually.

EplhcMjUUAAOQHo.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    We've got a new trailer for Season 5, revealing the release date of March 27th! Get a bit more highlighting the Joint Training arc, showing they won't be holding back animation wise for these fights, some impressive looking visuals here. Also seems like they're still saving Blackwhip reveal for later.

That looks great and should assuage the concerns of those worried that work on the third movie would negatively impact the anime. Just hope that they can keep it up for the My Villain Academia arc. I'm super excited about the Joint Training arc in the anime, and how it'll improve the pacing. But it's My Villain Academia that I'm most looking forward to with the next season.
    And as a bonus, we also got the cover of Vol. 29, coming out in January, titled "Katsuki Bakugo Rising". I was assuming we'd get something Bakugo related given these chapters, namely some kind of action shot, but this I did not expect, and given the context of the chapters, it hits really hard. It's a really powerful and effective image, this is one I hope they find some way to incorporate into the anime eventually.

EplhcMjUUAAOQHo.jpg
    Saw that a few days ago and yeah, that is a striking image. An older and somewhat wiser Bakugo reaching out to accept the helping hand he rebuked as an immature brat invokes a lot of feels.

The trailer looks awesome, I don't want to wait until March.

Kendo is finally available in My Hero Ones Justice 2

There is small rumor going around that MHA will be ending sooner than we think and given how this arc is going. I can see that happening

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    There is small rumor going around that MHA will be ending sooner than we think and given how this arc is going. I can see that happening
    Where did you see that rumor? Because I think it sounds like nonsense based on how this arc is going. This arc has opened up tons of interesting story threads and shaken up the setting more than expected. To just end it soon would be way too abrupt.

Also, it's a great big money maker for shueisa. No way are they just cancelling it.

The closest possible thing would be like if it ends and gets a continuation series shortly thereafter, kinda like they did with the Rosario Vampire manga. But even that would be a weird descision. Just continue the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Where did you see that rumor? Because I think it sounds like nonsense based on how this arc is going. This arc has opened up tons of interesting story threads and shaken up the setting more than expected. To just end it soon would be way too abrupt.

Also, it's a great big money maker for shueisa. No way are they just cancelling it.

The closest possible thing would be like if it ends and gets a continuation series shortly thereafter, kinda like they did with the Rosario Vampire manga. But even that would be a weird descision. Just continue the manga.
    Yeah, if anything it's possible there might be a time skip that might make it "feel" like a new follow-up series, but the series will almost certainly be continuing with the same numbering, and even then I'm personally doubting we'll be getting that several year time skip anyway. There's just way too many lingering plot threads for it really to even be possible to end it now.

Speaking of stuff finally coming to its conclusion...(also, this arc has now officially surpassed Overhaul as being the longest arc in the series, and just like that one, both took up about an entire year)

spoilers:
    Midoryia manages to wake up when he suddenly feels another twinge in his head, which he figures is "Danger Sense", the Quirk of the 4th OFA user. While Compress keeps Lemillion busy, he has Spinner not only hide a still compressed Dabi, but also gives Shigaraki the crisped remains of his father's hand, regaining his sense of hatred/peace to wake him up. However, this instead just allows All For One to take full control of the body, using Radio Waves to command the remaining Nomu to allow him, Spinner and Dabi to escape, though also leaving behind Compress, Gigantomachia, and Toga.

The remaining heroes try to chase after him, as Midoryia jumps into the frey to yell at All For One, only to send him flying away. As they escape off into the distance, Midoryia thinks to himself how, despite all the terrible things he's done, back in the vestige world he noticed the distressed Tomura trying to fight off All For One, and looked like he needed saving.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    So Midoryia's got Spidey-Sense now. It turns out his plan was to make him into Spider-Man all this time, and I'm not complaining lol. It's an ability that can definitively be really useful, and a reminder probably not all these quirks are gonna be "power based". It is also the same OFA user that All Might supposedly crossed some stuff off, so Im still curious what connection that will all end up being.

Now with the League finally escaping, there's the big question of what the "League" will even look like going forward, since its just Shigaraki, Spinner, Dabi, AFO's Ghost, (probably Skeptic too weirdly don't know where his ball is right now) and a bunch of Nomu. He's probably got some backup secret headout, but they've also got no more Doctor, Machia, Compress, Toga, and most of the MLA defeated. And with AFO reasserting his "all for me" mentality, really hoping this leads to more internal conflict, since they've got others they actually care about. Which of course leads into what we expected was most likely gonna happen from earlier, that Midoryia's gonna end up trying to saving Shigaraki by beating All For One. At the very least this doesn't look like an "all will be forgiven" kind of situation, and moreso "even the bad guys in trouble deserve help too".

Either way, now it's time for the juicy aftermath. All that fighting and action was truly excellent, but now I'm hyped for just simple conversations and reflections with each other as they all try to cope.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    An okay chapter, mostly setting up the villains escape, but now the League is a lot smaller, unless some from the hideout managed to escape. Still now it is the aftermath which should have some big ramiifcations
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, if anything it's possible there might be a time skip that might make it "feel" like a new follow-up series, but the series will almost certainly be continuing with the same numbering, and even then I'm personally doubting we'll be getting that several year time skip anyway. There's just way too many lingering plot threads for it really to even be possible to end it now.
    I bet it's Chainsaw Man that's confusing some folks on the internet. That series ended last week but will be getting a continuation that will apparently contain the word Academy in the title. So some wires got crossed in the rumor mill and now people think that MHA is closing out sooner than planned.
    spoilers:
    So Midoryia's got Spidey-Sense now. It turns out his plan was to make him into Spider-Man all this time, and I'm not complaining lol. It's an ability that can definitively be really useful, and a reminder probably not all these quirks are gonna be "power based". It is also the same OFA user that All Might supposedly crossed some stuff off, so Im still curious what connection that will all end up being.

Now with the League finally escaping, there's the big question of what the "League" will even look like going forward, since its just Shigaraki, Spinner, Dabi, AFO's Ghost, (probably Skeptic too weirdly don't know where his ball is right now) and a bunch of Nomu. He's probably got some backup secret headout, but they've also got no more Doctor, Machia, Compress, Toga, and most of the MLA defeated. And with AFO reasserting his "all for me" mentality, really hoping this leads to more internal conflict, since they've got others they actually care about. Which of course leads into what we expected was most likely gonna happen from earlier, that Midoryia's gonna end up trying to saving Shigaraki by beating All For One. At the very least this doesn't look like an "all will be forgiven" kind of situation, and moreso "even the bad guys in trouble deserve help too".

Either way, now it's time for the juicy aftermath. All that fighting and action was truly excellent, but now I'm hyped for just simple conversations and reflections with each other as they all try to cope.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Spider-Deku is best Deku obviously. It'll be interesting to see how Horikoshi handles a sixth sense power and how it'll manifest for Deku. But man, that gives a big old middle finger to the idea that number four's power would be of the evil variety. So it might be more than he wasn't all that heroic of a person. A lot of interesting possibilities going forward. So Deku's pwoer set is now a stats booster, black energy tendrils, flight and a spidey sense. I really dig it. He might turn to Jiro and Shouji for guidance on how to handle enhanced senses, that'd be cool.

At the end of the day, All For One certainly seems like the big winner here. While the scenario probably doesn't match any of his personal predictions, I'm pretty certain that the result is what he was aiming for. A super-powered Shigaraki that he can remote control through the AFO quirk. Though he'll need to wait a bit longer since Shigaraki is undercooked as it were, and I wouldn't be surprised if that mental battle for control is far from over yet. But the league is way worse off than when this war started. So the stage is set for someone new to step in as a threat. That'll be one of the many interesting things going on as the series moves forward.

We've got a lot of aftermath discussion to see and I time to wind down after all the chaos. But before that, this has been the best arc of the series so far. So many kickass moments from start to finish, all kind of twists that had me gleefully dreading and eagerly anticipating the next chapter. So many story threads came together in a narrative explosion that expertly moves several plot elements forward and changes the status quo for some many characters in a big way. A round of a applause for mr. Kohei Horikoshi on a stellar arc.
    end of spoilers

I bet it's Chainsaw Man that's confusing some folks on the internet. That series ended last week but will be getting a continuation that will apparently contain the word Academy in the title. So some wires got crossed in the rumor mill and now people think that MHA is closing out sooner than planned.
    Ahh that would do it. I was thinking Chainsaw Man ending would potentially be part of the rumour, but its also a case of it going on somewhat of a hiatus (at least as far as I'm aware) while we know Horikoshi will still be working on his normal weekly schedule, so no real reason to relaunch (unless it really wants to be like Western comics lol).

spoilers:
    Spider-Deku is best Deku obviously. It'll be interesting to see how Horikoshi handles a sixth sense power and how it'll manifest for Deku. But man, that gives a big old middle finger to the idea that number four's power would be of the evil variety. So it might be more than he wasn't all that heroic of a person. A lot of interesting possibilities going forward. So Deku's pwoer set is now a stats booster, black energy tendrils, flight and a spidey sense. I really dig it. He might turn to Jiro and Shouji for guidance on how to handle enhanced senses, that'd be cool.

At the end of the day, All For One certainly seems like the big winner here. While the scenario probably doesn't match any of his personal predictions, I'm pretty certain that the result is what he was aiming for. A super-powered Shigaraki that he can remote control through the AFO quirk. Though he'll need to wait a bit longer since Shigaraki is undercooked as it were, and I wouldn't be surprised if that mental battle for control is far from over yet. But the league is way worse off than when this war started. So the stage is set for someone new to step in as a threat. That'll be one of the many interesting things going on as the series moves forward.

We've got a lot of aftermath discussion to see and I time to wind down after all the chaos. But before that, this has been the best arc of the series so far. So many kickass moments from start to finish, all kind of twists that had me gleefully dreading and eagerly anticipating the next chapter. So many story threads came together in a narrative explosion that expertly moves several plot elements forward and changes the status quo for some many characters in a big way. A round of a applause for mr. Kohei Horikoshi on a stellar arc.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    What's funny to think about is that if it wasn't for Shigaraki specifically targeting Midoryia, Endeavor hearing the name One For All, and Bakugo straight up saying he's using "multiple quirks", it'd actually be fairly easy for him to hide Float and Danger Sense from everyone as just new enhancements to his ability rather than separate Quirks. If I had to predict the final big mic drop of the arc, it'll probably be finding out who among the small group will learn the complete secret, or if they just end up revealing it to everyone.

And something I just realized, Bakugo is, even partially, indirectly responsible for the unlocking of all 3 of the quirks, since Monoma taunting about Bakugo unlocked Blackwhip, he was one of the people Midoryia saved when he unlocked Float, and technically the first time he unlocked Danger Sense was right after Bakugo saved him from those tendrils. So I just think that's kinda funny, don't know how intentional that was or not.

That's actually a pretty smart way to put it, the League/Liberation Front lose, but All For One definitely wins. He may have to wait it out, but he's already been doing that for years so nothing really changes. And I think that'll become really important when it comes to dealing all the respective villains' "morals" so to speak.

I need to do a couple more readthroughs to see where it is on my ranking, Sports Festival and My Villain Academia are still at the moment probably the best overall structured and thematically strong arcs of the series, and Cultural Festival's still a personal favourite, but this is definitively right under it at the moment. The fact that it's not just pure action and has so many character moments and story development really helps it stand out as more than just a climax.

Also as a little side thing, I was trying to see how many of the characters got away fairly scot free in terms of serious injuries. There's Iida, Mirio (though that's kind of cheating), Uraraka, Tsuyu, Manual, Rock Lock, Present Mic, about half of the UA students at the Villa. And I think that's pretty much it, feels like nearly everyone else got put through the wringer hard lol

Bonus information courtesy of Horikoshi: Skeptic was supposed to be included alongside Dabi in Spinner's scarf but he forgot about it, and that'll be fixed in the Volume release. Accompanied by a cute little sketch too.

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/stat...792543746?s=20

Epxfi79UYAA_7aF.jpg
    end of spoilers

So here is the quote from the author at jump fest

They aren't cancelling it the story might be coming to its natural ending, And if you are looking at it as the story of Deku becoming the number 1 hero, You can see the story isn't that far off from him becoming that. Now I am hoping it is misinterpretation and he is talking about an arc not the complete story. Or even if it is ending "soon" that is still another couple of years in real time.

Now also plans change, They can throw enough money at Horikoshi to make him change his mind.They don't even really need to change his mind he could give them permission to do a spin off they already have team in place on MHA Vigilantes with Hideyuki Furuhashi writting and illustrated by Betten Court. They could easily take over another spinoff in the universe if the main series ends. Anyways I thought it worth mentioning that the franchise could be ending sooner than we think in here.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-21-2020 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So here is the quote from the author at jump fest

They aren't cancelling it the story might be coming to its natural ending, And if you are looking at it as the story of Deku becoming the number 1 hero, You can see the story isn't that far off from him becoming that. Now I am hoping it is misinterpretation and he is talking about an arc not the complete story. Or even if it is ending "soon" that is still another couple of years in real time.

Now also plans change, They can throw enough money at Horikoshi to make him change his mind.They don't even really need to change his mind he could give them permission to do a spin off they already have team in place on MHA Vigilantes with Hideyuki Furuhashi writting and illustrated by Betten Court. They could easily take over another spinoff in the universe if the main series ends. Anyways I thought it worth mentioning that the franchise could be ending sooner than we think in here.
    I don't know, there are just WAY too many loose ends currently in the story, especially just after how this current arc has concluded, to think about it even naturally ending within the coming months and it being a real satisfying conclusion. Within a couple years, definitively, but I think still think we got decent amount of time until that point. I'm pretty safe in thinking the ending will be when Midoryia can finally use One For All 100% and graduates third year at UA.

And using Vigilantes for example, we know that series is on its final arc right now, but even thats been going on slightly longer than we expected, so even that's not immediately about to hit the end point.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    What's funny to think about is that if it wasn't for Shigaraki specifically targeting Midoryia, Endeavor hearing the name One For All, and Bakugo straight up saying he's using "multiple quirks", it'd actually be fairly easy for him to hide Float and Danger Sense from everyone as just new enhancements to his ability rather than separate Quirks. If I had to predict the final big mic drop of the arc, it'll probably be finding out who among the small group will learn the complete secret, or if they just end up revealing it to everyone.

I need to do a couple more readthroughs to see where it is on my ranking, Sports Festival and My Villain Academia are still at the moment probably the best overall structured and thematically strong arcs of the series, and Cultural Festival's still a personal favourite, but this is definitively right under it at the moment. The fact that it's not just pure action and has so many character moments and story development really helps it stand out as more than just a climax.

Also as a little side thing, I was trying to see how many of the characters got away fairly scot free in terms of serious injuries. There's Iida, Mirio (though that's kind of cheating), Uraraka, Tsuyu, Manual, Rock Lock, Present Mic, about half of the UA students at the Villa. And I think that's pretty much it, feels like nearly everyone else got put through the wringer hard lol

Bonus information courtesy of Horikoshi: Skeptic was supposed to be included alongside Dabi in Spinner's scarf but he forgot about it, and that'll be fixed in the Volume release. Accompanied by a cute little sketch too.

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/stat...792543746?s=20

Epxfi79UYAA_7aF.jpg
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That is true. He could hide Float as "hang time" he gets from Blackwhip, and nobody would need to know about Danger Sense unless he explicitly told them. But now, the seeds of information are out there. Just the fact that so many people saw Shigaraki target Deku is going to raise some eyebrows.

I do look forward to rereading the arc, especially when the manga volumes come out. It'll give an interesting new perspective on the whole thing. Looking back on it right now, I think I only have one major complaint. Uraraka was once again away from the main conflict. It happened in the USJ arc and the Overhaul arc, and it happened here too. Now I do get why that had to be the case from a narrative standpoint, and I really liked her clash with Toga. But as the main heroine I feel that she should get to contribute more to the heavy action at some point.

That's a cute little flub and a neat drawing to make up for it.
    end of spoilers
    I don't know, there are just WAY too many loose ends currently in the story, especially just after how this current arc has concluded, to think about it even naturally ending within the coming months and it being a real satisfying conclusion. Within a couple years, definitively, but I think still think we got decent amount of time until that point. I'm pretty safe in thinking the ending will be when Midoryia can finally use One For All 100% and graduates third year at UA.

And using Vigilantes for example, we know that series is on its final arc right now, but even thats been going on slightly longer than we expected, so even that's not immediately about to hit the end point.
    The quote itself is kinda vague. It seems to me more that Horikoshi has a clearer image in his head of how he wants to end the story and that the path to that is clearer for him now, so it might seem closer for him than he realises. Also, mangaka of successful series are pretty bad at judging time (going by how often Oda figure he'd be ending One Piece in 5 years or so).

Deku's story is far from over and there have been plenty of other ideas planted just in this arc alone. So yeah, I don't think we should take anything said at face value here. Hori is probably just excited in general of how good everything is going for the series.

Something cool posted about a week ago, Horikoshi's original designs for Vol. 29's cover. One with Midoryia and Bakugo both as kids, and one with adult Bakugo, but from his right profile with Midoryia off page. It's a nice little thing, since you can see the design process for how they eventually got to the final cover, which I think was overall the best choice and is the most effective.

https://twitter.com/myheroacademia/s...213591040?s=20

Also, regarding the questions about MHA's supposed end, here's a more clearer translation of Horikoshi's quote I found, where he calls it "the end of a part of the story", so like we assumed, he is just talking about this arc, and that's still alot more to come before the eventual end, which he probably at least has a more clearer idea of when it may be.

7b37c0a0fd809ccb5a3f5d218feda52b17a452f8e215a356fe35fb0a9b1d3862.jpg

It should be very interesting to see what happens next.