Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 424
  1. #46
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,834

    Default

    My fav openings

    1. Make my story (5th OP)
    2. Odd Future (4th OP)
    3. Sora Ni Utaeba (3rd OP)
    4. Polaris (6th OP)
    5. The Day (1st OP)
    6. Peace Sign (2nd OP)
    7. Starmaker (7th OP)
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Aw yeeeee new chapter! Jumping right into the action, I'm glad they're not waiting too long on buildup, getting out all the information we need, and then off to the races!

    spoilers:
    First we get a quick glimpse on the title page of Natuso and Fuyumi living together with their mom, meaning we can probably expect this to come back into play later down the line....

    Ujiko's real name is revealed to be Maruta Shiga, and also noted to be the founder and CEO of the Jakku (lol nice one) General Hospital.

    Tsukauchi is able to confirm him to be the manufacturer of the Nomu, thanks to some undercover information, including a picture of Ujiko/Shiga with John-chan. He states their plan is to target not just him, but the entire Paranormal Liberation Front in one fell swoop.

    Half of the heroes swarm head toward the PLA's mansion, while the other half head to the hospital to stop Shiga, so as to prevent the PLA's ability to teleport and escape. Some of the students, including Mushroom girl from 1B, Tokoyami, Suneater, and surprisingly Kaminari are at the front lines, with a few of the other students also there, like Momo, Kirishima, Jiro, Mineta, etc. further near the back.

    Endeavor tries to pry whether it was in fact Hawks who gave the information and where he is, but that still remains to be classified. They proceed to storm the hospital, enacting some chaos, with the evacuation team starting to head down towards the city (also Slidin' Go gets captured).

    Shiga comments to himself that Shigaraki is under a month from completion, only to be cornered by Endeavor and Aizawa, causing an unexpected surge of panic within him.
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    The opening with Tsukauchi reminds me of one of my favourite aspects of the Overhaul arc, which was the actual investigation process before the raid, because it's a nice layer of detail to help examine this world and how superheroing really works in it. You can't just go in guns blazing all the time, sometimes you need the proper information and documentation, and they do a good job at showing off all these aspects of the job, without it seeming boring.

    If you're a fan of a certain fan theory, Kaminari being right near the front of all this is reallllllly suspect....especially when it doesn't seem like he has any other real advantages to be this far up. Mushroom Girl, Tokoyami, Suneater, yeah they're powerhouses, but him? I think we may be in for something juicy. It is smart at least that they didn't push all of the students to the side out of the fighting. Seems like all the backup students are most of the heavy hitters, and the evacuation squad are the speedy ones, which makes sense.

    So Ujiko/Shiga shitting his pants this badly pretty much confirms this wasn't a trap and they're all probably be caught off guard. So the heroes have this to their advantage. Now whether they can all keep up in a fight with the power that's in reserve, we'll see. I do hope, since it seems very likely Shiggy's transformation will become incomplete, that he doesn't just become a mindless monster at the end of this, it'll be a real shame to lose his actual character like this.
    end of spoilers
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  3. #48
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Aw yeeeee new chapter! Jumping right into the action, I'm glad they're not waiting too long on buildup, getting out all the information we need, and then off to the races!

    spoilers:
    First we get a quick glimpse on the title page of Natuso and Fuyumi living together with their mom, meaning we can probably expect this to come back into play later down the line....

    Ujiko's real name is revealed to be Maruta Shiga, and also noted to be the founder and CEO of the Jakku (lol nice one) General Hospital.

    Tsukauchi is able to confirm him to be the manufacturer of the Nomu, thanks to some undercover information, including a picture of Ujiko/Shiga with John-chan. He states their plan is to target not just him, but the entire Paranormal Liberation Front in one fell swoop.

    Half of the heroes swarm head toward the PLA's mansion, while the other half head to the hospital to stop Shiga, so as to prevent the PLA's ability to teleport and escape. Some of the students, including Mushroom girl from 1B, Tokoyami, Suneater, and surprisingly Kaminari are at the front lines, with a few of the other students also there, like Momo, Kirishima, Jiro, Mineta, etc. further near the back.

    Endeavor tries to pry whether it was in fact Hawks who gave the information and where he is, but that still remains to be classified. They proceed to storm the hospital, enacting some chaos, with the evacuation team starting to head down towards the city (also Slidin' Go gets captured).

    Shiga comments to himself that Shigaraki is under a month from completion, only to be cornered by Endeavor and Aizawa, causing an unexpected surge of panic within him.
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    The opening with Tsukauchi reminds me of one of my favourite aspects of the Overhaul arc, which was the actual investigation process before the raid, because it's a nice layer of detail to help examine this world and how superheroing really works in it. You can't just go in guns blazing all the time, sometimes you need the proper information and documentation, and they do a good job at showing off all these aspects of the job, without it seeming boring.

    If you're a fan of a certain fan theory, Kaminari being right near the front of all this is reallllllly suspect....especially when it doesn't seem like he has any other real advantages to be this far up. Mushroom Girl, Tokoyami, Suneater, yeah they're powerhouses, but him? I think we may be in for something juicy. It is smart at least that they didn't push all of the students to the side out of the fighting. Seems like all the backup students are most of the heavy hitters, and the evacuation squad are the speedy ones, which makes sense.

    So Ujiko/Shiga shitting his pants this badly pretty much confirms this wasn't a trap and they're all probably be caught off guard. So the heroes have this to their advantage. Now whether they can all keep up in a fight with the power that's in reserve, we'll see. I do hope, since it seems very likely Shiggy's transformation will become incomplete, that he doesn't just become a mindless monster at the end of this, it'll be a real shame to lose his actual character like this.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The right amount of build-up, so we can really get going. I just hope this coordinated attack goes better than the last couple of attempts, the heroes don't have a good track record of having the element of surprise. Kaminari being on the frontlines isn't really a surprise, his electrically powers can be quite devasting (as long as he doesn't fry his brain).
    end of spoilers
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  4. #49
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    First we get a quick glimpse on the title page of Natuso and Fuyumi living together with their mom, meaning we can probably expect this to come back into play later down the line....

    Ujiko's real name is revealed to be Maruta Shiga, and also noted to be the founder and CEO of the Jakku (lol nice one) General Hospital.

    The opening with Tsukauchi reminds me of one of my favourite aspects of the Overhaul arc, which was the actual investigation process before the raid, because it's a nice layer of detail to help examine this world and how superheroing really works in it. You can't just go in guns blazing all the time, sometimes you need the proper information and documentation, and they do a good job at showing off all these aspects of the job, without it seeming boring.

    If you're a fan of a certain fan theory, Kaminari being right near the front of all this is reallllllly suspect....especially when it doesn't seem like he has any other real advantages to be this far up. Mushroom Girl, Tokoyami, Suneater, yeah they're powerhouses, but him? I think we may be in for something juicy. It is smart at least that they didn't push all of the students to the side out of the fighting. Seems like all the backup students are most of the heavy hitters, and the evacuation squad are the speedy ones, which makes sense.

    So Ujiko/Shiga shitting his pants this badly pretty much confirms this wasn't a trap and they're all probably be caught off guard. So the heroes have this to their advantage. Now whether they can all keep up in a fight with the power that's in reserve, we'll see. I do hope, since it seems very likely Shiggy's transformation will become incomplete, that he doesn't just become a mindless monster at the end of this, it'll be a real shame to lose his actual character like this.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think that seeing the new Todoroki household will necessarily mean that they'll be relevant any more for this arc. I think it's more of a case of Horikoshi catching us up on what some minor characters are doing after/during the timeskip. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more such front page scenes during this arc. But this had me squeeing in excitement. Rei gets to go home to her children, oh I hope that they're happy. Also, who's the woman behind Natsu? Because she doesn't really look like Fuyumi, unless Fuyumi let her hair get longer.

    It is nice to have a civilian name for the doctor, I wonder if he'll end up meeting Deku during this arc. Because that meeting has to happen at some point.

    I do really like how well organized and coordinated heroes and the police are in this world, and that there's lots of investigative work going on, if even most of it happens in the background or off-screen. It helps set the series apart from other superhero series. They've figured out this massive plan before anything too disasterous could happen and are moving accordingly to stop it.

    I don't think it's that suspect to have Kaminari up front. There have been several instances of people pointing out that having electrical powers is actually kinda busted in regards to Kaminari. And when you think about just from a quirk standpoint he should have as much potential as Todoroki in terms of power and ability, it's just another elemental force he's weild. But there are several significant differences. He doesn't have Todoroki's pre-UA training, he's got a much more relaxed mindset and the element he can generate is more volatile that Todoroki's (who just kind have to point and blast bad guys) so there's a greater chance of hurting allies and Kaminari knows this, which be holding him back. But yeah, Kaminari's a powerhouse with lots of utility in his own right. He just doesn't act like it. I think/hope that this arc will give Kaminari the drive and/or confidence to grow more as a hero and live up to his potential.

    I'm not sure what to make of the different student teams since they seem real mixed. On the evac squad you've got Deku, Bakugo and Iida whose speed make sense as you say, and Uraraka's powers could also help a lot in such sitations. But then you've got Todoroki there as well when you'd think he should go with the main attack group, and both Koda and Manga-head from class B are there as well. The final student team we see is just big mix-match of various quirks. Horikoshi probably has specific plans for all their roles in the operation and I look forward to seeing as many of them as possible. But I don't exactly get a sense for how everybody contributes to their respective groups at the moment. At least not by just looking at where everybody is.

    Yeah, the heroes have an early lead right now. And while the villains aren't exactly headless, they're without their main boss. I think it's pretty clear that Shigaraki will have to be unleashed before his transformation is complete and I wonder what's left to be done. Maybe he's got all the power Shiga planned for him but his body isn't perfectly stablized yet, which could lead to a scenario where he messes up the heroes for a bit before he starts losing it and has to retreat. I'm mainly hoping that the League of Villains won't be completely set back to where they were before, with little to no resources and few members. Though, the League's core members retreating with Shigaraki and caring for him because he's their leader does seem like a neat idea.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    The right amount of build-up, so we can really get going. I just hope this coordinated attack goes better than the last couple of attempts, the heroes don't have a good track record of having the element of surprise. Kaminari being on the frontlines isn't really a surprise, his electrically powers can be quite devasting (as long as he doesn't fry his brain).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'd contest the track record being bad.
    They took down the League of Villains quickly and efficiently. It's just that nobody counted on All For One showing up and screwing things over.
    The operation to save Eri was more of a mess, but despite the chaos only one person died and the mission was a success.
    So there's been good and bad things from the operations we've seen. The same will probably apply here, but so far we're off to a solid start.
    end of spoilers

  5. #50
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't think that seeing the new Todoroki household will necessarily mean that they'll be relevant any more for this arc. I think it's more of a case of Horikoshi catching us up on what some minor characters are doing after/during the timeskip. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more such front page scenes during this arc. But this had me squeeing in excitement. Rei gets to go home to her children, oh I hope that they're happy. Also, who's the woman behind Natsu? Because she doesn't really look like Fuyumi, unless Fuyumi let her hair get longer.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think it'll be relevant, since it feels like a near certainty we'll be getting some kind of Dabi/Touya confirmation this arc, and this is a quick way of reminding us of their current situation, before it all starts to get much more complicated. I'm not sure about the woman though, maybe she's the Natsuo's girlfriend, or perhaps just the caretaker of the house. I imagine this isn't the first time they're finally moving in together, probably happened sometime within those 2 months. Still yeah, it is really nice to see them living happily together.
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    It is nice to have a civilian name for the doctor, I wonder if he'll end up meeting Deku during this arc. Because that meeting has to happen at some point.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm really hoping we get some in-canon confirmation regarding how far he's gone in his experiments (turning his grandson into a Nomu, etc.)
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    I don't think it's that suspect to have Kaminari up front. There have been several instances of people pointing out that having electrical powers is actually kinda busted in regards to Kaminari. And when you think about just from a quirk standpoint he should have as much potential as Todoroki in terms of power and ability, it's just another elemental force he's weild. But there are several significant differences. He doesn't have Todoroki's pre-UA training, he's got a much more relaxed mindset and the element he can generate is more volatile that Todoroki's (who just kind have to point and blast bad guys) so there's a greater chance of hurting allies and Kaminari knows this, which be holding him back. But yeah, Kaminari's a powerhouse with lots of utility in his own right. He just doesn't act like it. I think/hope that this arc will give Kaminari the drive and/or confidence to grow more as a hero and live up to his potential.

    I'm not sure what to make of the different student teams since they seem real mixed. On the evac squad you've got Deku, Bakugo and Iida whose speed make sense as you say, and Uraraka's powers could also help a lot in such sitations. But then you've got Todoroki there as well when you'd think he should go with the main attack group, and both Koda and Manga-head from class B are there as well. The final student team we see is just big mix-match of various quirks. Horikoshi probably has specific plans for all their roles in the operation and I look forward to seeing as many of them as possible. But I don't exactly get a sense for how everybody contributes to their respective groups at the moment. At least not by just looking at where everybody is.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That is true, I guess it's because we haven't really seen Kaminari battle too much we aren't sure exactly of his limits. It would be really good to see him get a stand out moment, like Kirishima had during Overhaul.

    You are right that it doesn't necessarily seem like there is a specific in-universe reason why certain people are on certain teams (at least as far as we know at the moment), so it's mostly just Horikoshi doing this so that the right characters are in their positions for when their story moments need to happen. Like for the evacuation team, despite most of them being some of the hard hitters, they're most of the MCs, so they gotta wait for the trouble to come to them.
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    Yeah, the heroes have an early lead right now. And while the villains aren't exactly headless, they're without their main boss. I think it's pretty clear that Shigaraki will have to be unleashed before his transformation is complete and I wonder what's left to be done. Maybe he's got all the power Shiga planned for him but his body isn't perfectly stablized yet, which could lead to a scenario where he messes up the heroes for a bit before he starts losing it and has to retreat. I'm mainly hoping that the League of Villains won't be completely set back to where they were before, with little to no resources and few members. Though, the League's core members retreating with Shigaraki and caring for him because he's their leader does seem like a neat idea.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    My current leading theory is that the heroes manage to win and take down most of the villains and the PLA, with maybe a few escaping, but face heavy losses, leading the public and everyone to wonder, even though they won, where do we go from here, and will we be able to face future threats? Kind of like the ending of the All For One battle but on a bigger scale. "We beat the big bad, but lost the Symbol of Peace, so now what?"
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    I'd contest the track record being bad.
    They took down the League of Villains quickly and efficiently. It's just that nobody counted on All For One showing up and screwing things over.
    The operation to save Eri was more of a mess, but despite the chaos only one person died and the mission was a success.
    So there's been good and bad things from the operations we've seen. The same will probably apply here, but so far we're off to a solid start.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I agree with this, the Hideout Raid would've gone through perfectly smoothly if it wasn't for AFO's interference. And the Overhaul raid, they expected resistance from the Shie Hassakai and knew they weren't going in with complete secrecy, so that went about as well as they expected.
    end of spoilers
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  6. #51
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,916

    Default

    Quick side note here.

    Apparently the doctor will have his name switched in future releases.

    Turns out that Maruta is the name of a human experiment program conducted by unit 731 during WWII. So having your mad scientist character share a name with something like has a lot of unfortunate implications.

    Horikoshi and Shueisha have issued apologies and stated that the character's name will be changed for the volume release and in future chapters. It's good to know that once they became aware of the issue, both writer and publisher acted to fix it as they probably never meant to make the connection in the first place. The kanji for Maruta can also mean "round" or "fat" which is more inline with how Horikoshi usully names his characters.

    One of the reasons that this happened is that they don't really go over WWII properly in japanese schools so a sizeable portion of the population just aren't aware of these things. Not that I was aware until I saw it just now.

  7. #52
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I think it'll be relevant, since it feels like a near certainty we'll be getting some kind of Dabi/Touya confirmation this arc, and this is a quick way of reminding us of their current situation, before it all starts to get much more complicated. I'm not sure about the woman though, maybe she's the Natsuo's girlfriend, or perhaps just the caretaker of the house. I imagine this isn't the first time they're finally moving in together, probably happened sometime within those 2 months. Still yeah, it is really nice to see them living happily together.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    One can always hope. But with the slow burn of the Touya mystery and the risk of it getting lost in all the chaos that's about to happen, I wouldn't be surprised if it's pushed to a later arc.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm really hoping we get some in-canon confirmation regarding how far he's gone in his experiments (turning his grandson into a Nomu, etc.)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Any insight into him would be great. I wonder how much of his notes they'll be able to retrieve, because that could have a tons of impact after the battle.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    That is true, I guess it's because we haven't really seen Kaminari battle too much we aren't sure exactly of his limits. It would be really good to see him get a stand out moment, like Kirishima had during Overhaul.

    You are right that it doesn't necessarily seem like there is a specific in-universe reason why certain people are on certain teams (at least as far as we know at the moment), so it's mostly just Horikoshi doing this so that the right characters are in their positions for when their story moments need to happen. Like for the evacuation team, despite most of them being some of the hard hitters, they're most of the MCs, so they gotta wait for the trouble to come to them.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Compared to some of the other students we've actually seen quite a bit of Kaminari in battle. He's had notable moments in the USJ arc, several during the Sports tournament, final exam arc, license exam arc and joint training arc. But it is true that only one of those instances was a life or death situation and his success rate is a bit spotty at best, and he's yet to have a real Plus Ultra-moment. So yeah, a spotlight on par with what Kirishima got in the Overhaul arc would be great.

    And I for one am hoping that none of the kids is the traitor. I love the entire class and want them all to be happy together.

    It'll be interesting to see how the focus is divided once the action gets going. Since all the MCs are in one place it'll give other characters some chance to shine in the other spots. Hopefully at least.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    My current leading theory is that the heroes manage to win and take down most of the villains and the PLA, with maybe a few escaping, but face heavy losses, leading the public and everyone to wonder, even though they won, where do we go from here, and will we be able to face future threats? Kind of like the ending of the All For One battle but on a bigger scale. "We beat the big bad, but lost the Symbol of Peace, so now what?"
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    A very possible outcome. Then there's the question of if this will disrupt Shigaraki's big plans one month later. Depending on his condition and what resources he'll have after this whole mess he might have to give up on that. Or he might just go for a smaller scope and focus entirely on UA.
    end of spoilers

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    One can always hope. But with the slow burn of the Touya mystery and the risk of it getting lost in all the chaos that's about to happen, I wouldn't be surprised if it's pushed to a later arc.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It just feels like now would be the right time to unleash it on us. What else could throw Endeavor off his game than learning one of the dude's he's fighting is his supposed dead son. I think personally holding it off again for sometime next year might just be a bit too much of teasing, but you never know, we'll just have to see.
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    Compared to some of the other students we've actually seen quite a bit of Kaminari in battle. He's had notable moments in the USJ arc, several during the Sports tournament, final exam arc, license exam arc and joint training arc. But it is true that only one of those instances was a life or death situation and his success rate is a bit spotty at best, and he's yet to have a real Plus Ultra-moment. So yeah, a spotlight on par with what Kirishima got in the Overhaul arc would be great.

    And I for one am hoping that none of the kids is the traitor. I love the entire class and want them all to be happy together.

    It'll be interesting to see how the focus is divided once the action gets going. Since all the MCs are in one place it'll give other characters some chance to shine in the other spots. Hopefully at least.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If it's one thing I think the series has had some issue on, is when it's juggling a bunch of different plotlines and separate characters at once, at least on initial publishing. It usually ends up coming together much smoothly in trade and anime form. So I will be interested to see how they handle pretty much every major and minor character all dealing with the same threat at once.
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    A very possible outcome. Then there's the question of if this will disrupt Shigaraki's big plans one month later. Depending on his condition and what resources he'll have after this whole mess he might have to give up on that. Or he might just go for a smaller scope and focus entirely on UA.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Wouldn't it be something if this was all a tease, the heroes win easily, then right at the start of second year BAM SURPRISE ATTACK and UA's destroyed.
    end of spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Quick side note here.

    Apparently the doctor will have his name switched in future releases.

    Turns out that Maruta is the name of a human experiment program conducted by unit 731 during WWII. So having your mad scientist character share a name with something like has a lot of unfortunate implications.

    Horikoshi and Shueisha have issued apologies and stated that the character's name will be changed for the volume release and in future chapters. It's good to know that once they became aware of the issue, both writer and publisher acted to fix it as they probably never meant to make the connection in the first place. The kanji for Maruta can also mean "round" or "fat" which is more inline with how Horikoshi usully names his characters.

    One of the reasons that this happened is that they don't really go over WWII properly in japanese schools so a sizeable portion of the population just aren't aware of these things. Not that I was aware until I saw it just now.
    I did notice Horikoshi mention that on Twitter, I had no idea of the implications either, but it's at least good to hear they were able to recognize and act fairly quickly. I can imagine won't be that big of an issue to change just the one name anyway (and presumably still keep the Shiga surname).
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  9. #54
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Wouldn't it be something if this was all a tease, the heroes win easily, then right at the start of second year BAM SURPRISE ATTACK and UA's destroyed.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Man, imagine if Shigaraki's body heals up on his own and he wakes up one month later to discover that his new expanded crew was destroyed and only Gigantomachia remains because he was protecting Shiggy's sleeping body. And then the two of them dropp in on UA during the entrance ceremony.
    end of spoilers

  10. #55
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    New chapter! Not too much extra, but at least got a few new information plus some turns.

    spoilers:
    Shiga/Ujiko is apprehended, and using Aizawa's quirk, reveals he actually seems to possess a regeneration quirk, the same one that's been replicated for All For One and the Nomu's use, turning his body old and decrepit.

    As nearly everyone is evacuated from the hospital, several of the Nomu soon arrive, tearing up the place, also revealing this Ujiko to have just been a Twice clone (plot twist :0) as it melts away.

    Back in his lab with Shigaraki, the rest of the Nomu, and all his Quirk samples, the real Ujiko tries desperately to escape with John-chan, but Mirko busts her way into the lab, destroying all the Nomu in her path, killing John-chan, and once again cornering Ujiko (double plot twist :O).
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    Love seeing Present Mic getting all up in his face about all the F'ed up things he's been doing with his quirk, when he could've been using it to solve so many other real health problems. Also like the little touch of the other doctors trying to protect him at first, since it makes sense from their perspective unaware of what's going on.

    It is a clever twist on this approach, making it seem too easy for the heroes, throw in the surprise to make it seem like the villain gets away, only to have him immediately cornered again. It does seem weird to have two chapters back to back end the exact same way, but this does mean that all bets or off, anything can happen now, no matter how quick. Now to see what the next twist is!

    Also, we all liked Mirko before because "bunny girl sexy" and all that, but DAMN is she more of a powerhouse than we expected. Busting through everything like nothing! Wouldn't be surprised if she'll be how we learn what Ultra-Shiggy's current potential is.
    end of spoilers
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  11. #56
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    New chapter! Not too much extra, but at least got a few new information plus some turns.

    spoilers:
    Shiga/Ujiko is apprehended, and using Aizawa's quirk, reveals he actually seems to possess a regeneration quirk, the same one that's been replicated for All For One and the Nomu's use, turning his body old and decrepit.

    As nearly everyone is evacuated from the hospital, several of the Nomu soon arrive, tearing up the place, also revealing this Ujiko to have just been a Twice clone (plot twist :0) as it melts away.

    Back in his lab with Shigaraki, the rest of the Nomu, and all his Quirk samples, the real Ujiko tries desperately to escape with John-chan, but Mirko busts her way into the lab, destroying all the Nomu in her path, killing John-chan, and once again cornering Ujiko (double plot twist :O).
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    Love seeing Present Mic getting all up in his face about all the F'ed up things he's been doing with his quirk, when he could've been using it to solve so many other real health problems. Also like the little touch of the other doctors trying to protect him at first, since it makes sense from their perspective unaware of what's going on.

    It is a clever twist on this approach, making it seem too easy for the heroes, throw in the surprise to make it seem like the villain gets away, only to have him immediately cornered again. It does seem weird to have two chapters back to back end the exact same way, but this does mean that all bets or off, anything can happen now, no matter how quick. Now to see what the next twist is!

    Also, we all liked Mirko before because "bunny girl sexy" and all that, but DAMN is she more of a powerhouse than we expected. Busting through everything like nothing! Wouldn't be surprised if she'll be how we learn what Ultra-Shiggy's current potential is.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    A short but still good chapter. Present Mic letting his emotions, briefly, get the better of him was a nice touch. Double twist with the Doc's capture and Bunny Girl busting everything was fun. Should be intersting to see if Shigaraki awakens prematurely
    end of spoilers
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  12. #57
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    New chapter! Not too much extra, but at least got a few new information plus some turns.

    spoilers:
    Shiga/Ujiko is apprehended, and using Aizawa's quirk, reveals he actually seems to possess a regeneration quirk, the same one that's been replicated for All For One and the Nomu's use, turning his body old and decrepit.
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    Love seeing Present Mic getting all up in his face about all the F'ed up things he's been doing with his quirk, when he could've been using it to solve so many other real health problems. Also like the little touch of the other doctors trying to protect him at first, since it makes sense from their perspective unaware of what's going on.

    It is a clever twist on this approach, making it seem too easy for the heroes, throw in the surprise to make it seem like the villain gets away, only to have him immediately cornered again. It does seem weird to have two chapters back to back end the exact same way, but this does mean that all bets or off, anything can happen now, no matter how quick. Now to see what the next twist is!

    Also, we all liked Mirko before because "bunny girl sexy" and all that, but DAMN is she more of a powerhouse than we expected. Busting through everything like nothing! Wouldn't be surprised if she'll be how we learn what Ultra-Shiggy's current potential is.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't know if I'd call Ujiko's quirk regeneration. It seems more like a longevity ability, which I guess is a kind of regeneration power. Either way, it fits with his less combat oriented support of All For One, and it makes me wonder how long they've been hanging out together.

    Pretty certain that Mic is also still quite pissed of about Shirakumo, and this is the asshole that turned him into Kurogiri. If they didn't need Ujiko for questioning later I'm pretty certain Mic would've just ruptured the man's ears right there.

    You've gotta feel bad for all the regular doctors' and patients. But I'm glad we're get to see that the heroes are putting a lot of effort into getting the civilians out of there. I wonder what kind of a PR debacle this whole thing will turn out to be, regardless of how it goes.

    Horikoshi always comes up with solid uses of Twice's quirk, and this is one of the more sneaky ones. It doesn't just give Ujiko a solid alibi (if they hadn't found out about the clone that is), it also allows him to work on his day job and passion project at the same time. But yeah, these last few chapters are doing good job of showing that the heroes prep and skills are not to be underestimated and even if the villains have solid backup plans, those won't always work. Both sides are shown as competent in reaching for their goals, but just for now the good guys are one step ahead of the game. But yeah, the tides could shift quite quickly in such a chaotic conflict.

    Mirko's raw power is quite fantastic. Several pros couldn't deal with three regular Nomus in the Stain arc (until Endeavor showed up and finished them off) and here she is just destroying a hallway full of them like it's no big deal. The top 10 heroes certainly live up to their reputation so far. As a sidenote, it's kinda hilarious what a bad day Ujiko is having with his horrid life work being destroyed as an afterthought of Mirko's rampage. Really hoping she won't be killed to show Shigaraki's newfound power.

    Also, this chapter notes how far apart the hospital is from villa where the PLF is having their big meeting. I wonder how much that tidbit will play into the proceedings.
    end of spoilers

  13. #58
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't know if I'd call Ujiko's quirk regeneration. It seems more like a longevity ability, which I guess is a kind of regeneration power. Either way, it fits with his less combat oriented support of All For One, and it makes me wonder how long they've been hanging out together.

    Pretty certain that Mic is also still quite pissed of about Shirakumo, and this is the asshole that turned him into Kurogiri. If they didn't need Ujiko for questioning later I'm pretty certain Mic would've just ruptured the man's ears right there.

    You've gotta feel bad for all the regular doctors' and patients. But I'm glad we're get to see that the heroes are putting a lot of effort into getting the civilians out of there. I wonder what kind of a PR debacle this whole thing will turn out to be, regardless of how it goes.

    Horikoshi always comes up with solid uses of Twice's quirk, and this is one of the more sneaky ones. It doesn't just give Ujiko a solid alibi (if they hadn't found out about the clone that is), it also allows him to work on his day job and passion project at the same time. But yeah, these last few chapters are doing good job of showing that the heroes prep and skills are not to be underestimated and even if the villains have solid backup plans, those won't always work. Both sides are shown as competent in reaching for their goals, but just for now the good guys are one step ahead of the game. But yeah, the tides could shift quite quickly in such a chaotic conflict.

    Mirko's raw power is quite fantastic. Several pros couldn't deal with three regular Nomus in the Stain arc (until Endeavor showed up and finished them off) and here she is just destroying a hallway full of them like it's no big deal. The top 10 heroes certainly live up to their reputation so far. As a sidenote, it's kinda hilarious what a bad day Ujiko is having with his horrid life work being destroyed as an afterthought of Mirko's rampage. Really hoping she won't be killed to show Shigaraki's newfound power.

    Also, this chapter notes how far apart the hospital is from villa where the PLF is having their big meeting. I wonder how much that tidbit will play into the proceedings.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I say the distance will play a part. Since the heroes don't have a telporter (as for as I know), it means if one group gets into trouble, the other group can't just bail them out
    end of spoilers
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  14. #59
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    I say the distance will play a part. Since the heroes don't have a telporter (as for as I know), it means if one group gets into trouble, the other group can't just bail them out
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I was thinking the same. Pretty much the only one that could travel the distance in a reasonable amount of time is probably Hawks due to his fast flight speed.
    end of spoilers

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't know if I'd call Ujiko's quirk regeneration. It seems more like a longevity ability, which I guess is a kind of regeneration power. Either way, it fits with his less combat oriented support of All For One, and it makes me wonder how long they've been hanging out together.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's what I thought, more of a slow aging type quirk, but the official translation seemed to refer to it as "regeneration" so I called it that. Honestly, reading back, it's very possible his power is to actually replicate other quirks, and the de-aging/regeneration is just one that he's been copying for himself, AFO, and the Nomu. So we'll just have to wait till we get some more information clarity. He had to have been able to create all of those replicants somehow.
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    Also, this chapter notes how far apart the hospital is from villa where the PLF is having their big meeting. I wonder how much that tidbit will play into the proceedings.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think what that may be to give an indication of how long it may take for one group to make it to the other due to whatever situations going on, giving the heroes a certain amount of time to prepare. Like if Gigantomachia decides to book it to the hospital, or the Nomu head towards the PLA base. And like you mentioned about Hawks being able to make it because of his fast flight, I think this is where Midoryia's "Float" ability will become of good use.

    It is interesting to think about how despite the wide abundance of quirks that exist, there are still some that are fairly elusive to both the heroes and villains. Like how Kurogiri and John are the only teleporters we know about, and they're both Nomus. I'm still waiting for the Psychic to show up so we can get MHA's Dark Phoenix saga lol. Although really, a mind reader would be incredibly useful for both sides. There is Mandalay's telepath, but that's a different case.
    end of spoilers
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •