Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

New My Hero Academia figures from McFarlane Toys
    They generally look alright and perfectly serviceable.

But there's something about Todoroki's face that looks off to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Is anybody here going to watch this on the big screen?
    Going to see it this Wednesday! They're doing the Japanese sub that day, so I'll probably end up re-watching it on Sunday for the English dub.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Going to see it this Wednesday! They're doing the Japanese sub that day, so I'll probably end up re-watching it on Sunday for the English dub.
    Hope you enjoy it

Extraordinary Member

Nice.

Hope it's fun.

Do you generally prefer sub or dub? I think both are really good in this case so I can go either way.

Hope you enjoy it
    Thanks! Will be sure to let you know my opinions when I do, spoiler free obviously

Nice.

Hope it's fun.

Do you generally prefer sub or dub? I think both are really good in this case so I can go either way.
    I personally prefer dub, mainly because I think they are both pretty much equal in terms of performances, the Japanese and English voice actors are A+, so sticking with the English is the easy option for me. I can normally swap back and forth from watching the anime dubbed and subbed no problem, but like say for Season 4 right now, I'm primarily watching it dubbed.

Also, funny story: Back in 2018 when Two Heroes came out, I went to a screening that was supposed to be for the dub, but they ended up showing the sub instead. About 5 minutes in, they stop to tell everyone they didn't get the dub file in so we'd either have to keep watching sub or get a refund, most of us just stuck by. About 20-30 minutes later, they come back saying they got the dub file, and proceed to restart the whole movie, now in English. So I inadvertently ended up seeing the beginning of that film in both languages back-to-back lol

Extraordinary Member

Thanks! Will be sure to let you know my opinions when I do, spoiler free obviously
    Coolio.

It'll be interesting to hear your take on it.
    I personally prefer dub, mainly because I think they are both pretty much equal in terms of performances, the Japanese and English voice actors are A+, so sticking with the English is the easy option for me. I can normally swap back and forth from watching the anime dubbed and subbed no problem, but like say for Season 4 right now, I'm primarily watching it dubbed.
    I go with the sub mainly because that's the only one I can legally get on a week to week basis. And since I do watch the sub most of the time that's the voices I mainly hear for the characters. But as we've said, the dub performances are top notch to the point where I'll happily watch an episode in english as well because I'm curious about their take on it.
    Also, funny story: Back in 2018 when Two Heroes came out, I went to a screening that was supposed to be for the dub, but they ended up showing the sub instead. About 5 minutes in, they stop to tell everyone they didn't get the dub file in so we'd either have to keep watching sub or get a refund, most of us just stuck by. About 20-30 minutes later, they come back saying they got the dub file, and proceed to restart the whole movie, now in English. So I inadvertently ended up seeing the beginning of that film in both languages back-to-back lol
    Huh, fun story. That is a really nice theatre.

Personally I don't prefer either. I watch the sub since I can do so on Crunchyroll and the only time I watch the dub was when I got the Two Heroes DVD, which was also very good.

It's been announced at Toy Fair that Tenya Iida will be joining his classmates as a McFarlane Toy

Extraordinary Member

The anime got to the part where Jiro first demonstrates her singing talent to the class. I always wondered if they'd get an artist to actually sing for that part and that's just what they did, and it sounded lovely. Now I'm even more pumped for the concert.

The anime got to the part where Jiro first demonstrates her singing talent to the class. I always wondered if they'd get an artist to actually sing for that part and that's just what they did, and it sounded lovely. Now I'm even more pumped for the concert.
    It did sound awesome, I also can't wait for the concert. To be honest I couldn't care less about Gentle Criminal and his actions

Extraordinary Member

It did sound awesome, I also can't wait for the concert. To be honest I couldn't care less about Gentle Criminal and his actions
    I've personally always loved Gentle. He's got a sympathetic, relateable and fairly realistic back story of an average person that despaired when he couldn't meet his hopes and dreams. It's a nice contrast to the general hate sink that was Overhaul. And while you can get where Gentle is coming from, his actions are also extremely misguided but never evil.

He also works really well as a different kind of foil to Deku. So yeah, I really like Gentle and I'm looking forward to his fight with Deku just as much as I'm looking forward to the concert.

That was really wonderful! I believe it was the same artist who sung in Dr. Stone too so that was really nice to hear again.

I've personally always loved Gentle. He's got a sympathetic, relateable and fairly realistic back story of an average person that despaired when he couldn't meet his hopes and dreams. It's a nice contrast to the general hate sink that was Overhaul. And while you can get where Gentle is coming from, his actions are also extremely misguided but never evil.

He also works really well as a different kind of foil to Deku. So yeah, I really like Gentle and I'm looking forward to his fight with Deku just as much as I'm looking forward to the concert.
    I'm on this side too, I think Gentle may actually be my favourite villain of this series, mainly because he isn't really a "villain" in the same way everyone else is. He's an antagonist, but never strictly evil, most of his previous actions are just disrupting corrupt businesses, and even his U.A. plan is just to gain attention.

He's a very good parallel to Midoryia, someone who had the same dream, but never got the chance to prove himself, and ended up on this "criminal" path.

Though speaking of festival I'm still really curious how exactly they're gonna do Class 1B's show, there's only so far they're probably allowed to go.

I don't hate Gentle, it's just I think I would have prefer no villain in this arc, especially after all the mad stuff in the Overhaul arc.

Extraordinary Member

Though speaking of festival I'm still really curious how exactly they're gonna do Class 1B's show, there's only so far they're probably allowed to go.
    Yeah, even the title would probably be a problem. I do hope that they get to keep it, but I doubt. It'll be interesting to see how they solve it.
    I don't hate Gentle, it's just I think I would have prefer no villain in this arc, especially after all the mad stuff in the Overhaul arc.
    I think the stakes would've been a bit too low without the time bomb that Gentle's attempted invasion represented. At any other point in the story he wouldn't have been nearly as relevant as a threat.

It was also a good opportunity for Deku to properly display his new techniques and gain a bit more character development. I do believe it's the first time he's actually won against a villain completely on his own (even with Muscular Kouta was there as a last minute distraction).

Yeah, even the title would probably be a problem. I do hope that they get to keep it, but I doubt. It'll be interesting to see how they solve it.

I think the stakes would've been a bit too low without the time bomb that Gentle's attempted invasion represented. At any other point in the story he wouldn't have been nearly as relevant as a threat.

It was also a good opportunity for Deku to properly display his new techniques and gain a bit more character development. I do believe it's the first time he's actually won against a villain completely on his own (even with Muscular Kouta was there as a last minute distraction).
    I agree that Gentle would never work at any other point. I think my main reason I'm not invested in his storyline is due to the villains keep interrupting when we get a chance to focus on Class 1-A being able to do student stuff. It would be nice to focus on the actual class stuff without a villain saying hello, especially with the next major arc focusing on the villains.