Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Jumping over to the other side of the battle in this chapter, where we get alot of cool moments and new developments!

spoilers:
    The PLF Raid team charge in for the attack, with Kaminari panicking in the middle just wanting to go back with his friends. Midnight and Tokoyami try to help calm him down saying how much they need his help.

Cementoss demonstrates the true extent of his power as he completely rips open the front wall, exposing the HQ. The two sides face off for battle, with brief glimpses of the other LoV's reactions to these occurrences (and Dabi seeming to go in the opposite direction).

Kaminari, thanks to his drive of wanting to help his friends, especially Jiro, pushes through and manages to stand his ground, acting as a lightning rod absorbing a discharge attack from a Liberation member.

Meanwhile, Hawks has Twice stuck in a bind, with eyes ready to kill....

Kaminari finally gets his big moment to shine, looking into how much he cares about others. And of course Jiro. I already shipped it, but now that ship's off to the float! So much cute those two!

And then we have Hawks. Not only are those final two pages so brutal, but it makes me so worried for both of them. Is he gonna do the deed, and how will he be able to get out of this? I've seen some people guess Dabi's going after Hawks, and I won't be surprised if that's the case.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Wow, both Cementoss and Denki get some badass moments. Twice seems to be in trouble and Denki and Jiro shipping is real!
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Jumping over to the other side of the battle in this chapter, where we get alot of cool moments and new developments!

spoilers:
    The PLF Raid team charge in for the attack, with Kaminari panicking in the middle just wanting to go back with his friends. Midnight and Tokoyami try to help calm him down saying how much they need his help.

Cementoss demonstrates the true extent of his power as he completely rips open the front wall, exposing the HQ. The two sides face off for battle, with brief glimpses of the other LoV's reactions to these occurrences (and Dabi seeming to go in the opposite direction).

Kaminari, thanks to his drive of wanting to help his friends, especially Jiro, pushes through and manages to stand his ground, acting as a lightning rod absorbing a discharge attack from a Liberation member.

Meanwhile, Hawks has Twice stuck in a bind, with eyes ready to kill....

Kaminari finally gets his big moment to shine, looking into how much he cares about others. And of course Jiro. I already shipped it, but now that ship's off to the float! So much cute those two!

And then we have Hawks. Not only are those final two pages so brutal, but it makes me so worried for both of them. Is he gonna do the deed, and how will he be able to get out of this? I've seen some people guess Dabi's going after Hawks, and I won't be surprised if that's the case.
    end of spoilers
    What a freaking chapter! I seriously made me shout out "Oh my god!" Just hype stuff all the way.

spoilers:
    Getting to see Cementoss show off just how powerful he really is in the right setting was great. He's always been portrayed as a powerhouse, but this is the first time we get to see him going all out and I just have an all new respect for him and his quirk. It's always fun when the Pros can live up to the reputation.

Some of the choices for he people in the backup crew make sense now as well. There's plenty of people with sensor abilities like Jiro and Shoji, people that can restrain villains trying to escape like Sero and Mineta, and a few tough fighters to hold down the escape route like Kirishima and Sato. And since they don't know how things are going to develop it's a good thing to have Momo there since she doesn't have the immediate power of some of her classmates but her quirk gives her plenty of variety for any number of situations.

It's a really good move on Hawks' end to pin down Twice like that given how the guy can literally spawn an army in an instant. Moving in for a kill might be the only way to make sure he doesn't turn the tide. I can easily believe that Dabi's going to jump in there to fight Hawks. Dabi's the one that brought him in to the PLF and I'm certain he's been keeping both eyes on him. If Skeptic noticed that something was up with Hawks and Twice's interaction then Dabi totally did as well. This situation is only going to go bad.

But the star of the chapter is of course Denki Kaminari. Not just by himself but by how others think of and interact with him in this chapter. I love that Tokoyami's gotten a good feel of the guy due to their guitar training. He knows that Kaminari is just a good guy that cares about his friends and any theories that he's a traitor are stupid! And Midnight does the best we've ever seen of her acting as a teacher in helping Kaminari calm down.

Jiro worrying specifically about her doofus is so sweet and gets the shipper heart awing. Then Kaminari just casually reveals to us that Jiro is the one his head goes to when told to think of the person that matters the most to him. Like, I did not see that bombshell of a ship tease coming and it floored me and I loved it. And the he uses that motivation to completely shut down a big threat (I had no idea he could absorb electricity as well) and get one of the coolest shots of the chapter. I certainly hope this isn't it for Chargebolt though, I need to see him pushed to his limits and surpass them!
    end of spoilers

Still, what a freaking chapter! Let's go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    What a freaking chapter! I seriously made me shout out "Oh my god!" Just hype stuff all the way.

spoilers:
    Some of the choices for he people in the backup crew make sense now as well. There's plenty of people with sensor abilities like Jiro and Shoji, people that can restrain villains trying to escape like Sero and Mineta, and a few tough fighters to hold down the escape route like Kirishima and Sato. And since they don't know how things are going to develop it's a good thing to have Momo there since she doesn't have the immediate power of some of her classmates but her quirk gives her plenty of variety for any number of situations.

It's a really good move on Hawks' end to pin down Twice like that given how the guy can literally spawn an army in an instant. Moving in for a kill might be the only way to make sure he doesn't turn the tide. I can easily believe that Dabi's going to jump in there to fight Hawks. Dabi's the one that brought him in to the PLF and I'm certain he's been keeping both eyes on him. If Skeptic noticed that something was up with Hawks and Twice's interaction then Dabi totally did as well. This situation is only going to go bad.

But the star of the chapter is of course Denki Kaminari. Not just by himself but by how others think of and interact with him in this chapter. I love that Tokoyami's gotten a good feel of the guy due to their guitar training. He knows that Kaminari is just a good guy that cares about his friends and any theories that he's a traitor are stupid! And Midnight does the best we've ever seen of her acting as a teacher in helping Kaminari calm down.

Jiro worrying specifically about her doofus is so sweet and gets the shipper heart awing. Then Kaminari just casually reveals to us that Jiro is the one his head goes to when told to think of the person that matters the most to him. Like, I did not see that bombshell of a ship tease coming and it floored me and I loved it. And the he uses that motivation to completely shut down a big threat (I had no idea he could absorb electricity as well) and get one of the coolest shots of the chapter. I certainly hope this isn't it for Chargebolt though, I need to see him pushed to his limits and surpass them!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I didn't really think exactly how each of the students in their respective groups would best help out in their positions, but most of them mainly focusing on reconnaissance and traps makes them good for backup. And then of course most of the other half of the group consisting of mostly quicksters/best at evacuation.

Since Hawks' cover is now blown, we'll probably also get some kind of confirmation regarding what really went down regarding him and Best Jeanist. Dabi versus Hawks is a fight I'm really exited to see how that turns out, don't know who has the upper hand in that instance. Just please spare Twice lol!

And I really liked that vulnerability Midnight showed towards Kaminari too. That side of a teacher from her we never really saw before was nice, and it felt like a sense of disappointment in themselves that this problem is so big they need the students to help too. But Kaminari gets to make some great use of himself, and give us all the feels with Jiro. Hopefully Tokoyami can get to show off next, he still has to show Hawks he's perfected his flight.
    end of spoilers

Maanged to get Smash Vol 3 today. Can't wait to read it.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Yeah, I didn't really think exactly how each of the students in their respective groups would best help out in their positions, but most of them mainly focusing on reconnaissance and traps makes them good for backup. And then of course most of the other half of the group consisting of mostly quicksters/best at evacuation.

Since Hawks' cover is now blown, we'll probably also get some kind of confirmation regarding what really went down regarding him and Best Jeanist. Dabi versus Hawks is a fight I'm really exited to see how that turns out, don't know who has the upper hand in that instance. Just please spare Twice lol!

And I really liked that vulnerability Midnight showed towards Kaminari too. That side of a teacher from her we never really saw before was nice, and it felt like a sense of disappointment in themselves that this problem is so big they need the students to help too. But Kaminari gets to make some great use of himself, and give us all the feels with Jiro. Hopefully Tokoyami can get to show off next, he still has to show Hawks he's perfected his flight.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And the kids up front all have very potent abilities for combat purposes, Komori could cause tons of havoc for the PLF grunts I fell.

I don't think Twice is in any real danger from a narrative perspective. But no matter how this fight goes I think it'll have a deep impact on him personally and I'm all here for that. As for a Dabi/Hawks fight. I feel like Dabi is the more immediately lethal of the two with that super strong fire of his that he can toss out in large waves. And the location kinda favors him currently, cramp hallways that he can fill up with blue fire while Hawks doesn't have the space he needs to use his speed and manuverability to their fullest. But Hawks does strike me as the more clever of the two so he could think his way out of the disadvantage, and he doesn't have a limitation in how long he can use his quirk like Dabi (though he does need to keep track of his feathers).

Yeah, when Midnight reasoned that they'd only need the kids for the initial stages after chapters ago that totally felt like her trying to convince herself that it was necessary for them to be there since she doesn't want them there at all. It adds some nice nuance to her. Tokoyami's previous attempt to show off his skills from interning with Hawks got cut short, so this definitely would be a good time to show them off. I wonder how well he could fly at night if he ever managed to gain control over Dark Shadow's strongest form.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Maanged to get Smash Vol 3 today. Can't wait to read it.
    I never tried the Smash series. How funny is it?

I never tried the Smash series. How funny is it?
    It's very funny, you should check it out.

spoilers:
    And the kids up front all have very potent abilities for combat purposes, Komori could cause tons of havoc for the PLF grunts I fell.

I don't think Twice is in any real danger from a narrative perspective. But no matter how this fight goes I think it'll have a deep impact on him personally and I'm all here for that. As for a Dabi/Hawks fight. I feel like Dabi is the more immediately lethal of the two with that super strong fire of his that he can toss out in large waves. And the location kinda favors him currently, cramp hallways that he can fill up with blue fire while Hawks doesn't have the space he needs to use his speed and manuverability to their fullest. But Hawks does strike me as the more clever of the two so he could think his way out of the disadvantage, and he doesn't have a limitation in how long he can use his quirk like Dabi (though he does need to keep track of his feathers).

Yeah, when Midnight reasoned that they'd only need the kids for the initial stages after chapters ago that totally felt like her trying to convince herself that it was necessary for them to be there since she doesn't want them there at all. It adds some nice nuance to her. Tokoyami's previous attempt to show off his skills from interning with Hawks got cut short, so this definitely would be a good time to show them off. I wonder how well he could fly at night if he ever managed to gain control over Dark Shadow's strongest form.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh yeah, as we saw in the 1A vs 1B battle, Mushroom Girl's power can be DEVASTATING when put to the right use, so she's incredibly useful.

And yeah, it feels in that situation Dabi would have the higher ground, but Hawks is known for being fairly crafty so it's easily possible he can find some quick way out of there.
    end of spoilers

It's very funny, you should check it out.
    Yeah! I own the three books, but never fully read through them but all the chapters I read were really funny and cute.

Also recently picked up School Briefs Vol. 4, the Cultural Festival book, so now we actually get to read about Class 1B's play! And I got the Japanese exclusive Volume Rising to go with my Volume Origin too! There's lots of really cool concept art by Horikoshi for the characters in the movie, and also another new 10-page story, which I still haven't found translated anywhere so I've been stuck just guessing lol. It's basically just Nine talking with the Doctor right before he goes into his experiment.

Haven't gooten School Briefs VOl 4 yet, waiting for my comic shop to get it in.

Also anyone planning to get My Hero One's Justice 2?

Extraordinary Member

I'm thinking about it. But I rarely get my money's worth from fighting games TBH, I'm much more of a single player person.

And between Persona 5 Royal and Sakura Wars I've got my gaming schedule planned out for the next few month, trying to 100% Nier: Automata before PS5R comes out too, or at least beat all the bonus bosses.

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of One's Justice 2, here are all the team ultimates.

My favourites are the one with Deku, Iida and Todoroki and the one with Toga, Twice and Mr. Compress. They're just cool, and the villains get quite creative with Mr. Compress quirk.

And you gotta love that Bakugo's idea of a team ultimate is to just yeet Kirishima and Kaminari and the opponent.

I just wish there were more of them, because there are a few glaring omissions. Hopefully they'll add more as free DLC.

I'll probably get it eventually, it's pretty expensive right now so I'll most likely be waiting for a price cut like I did for the first game.

(Also I gotta play Persona 5 Royal for next month too )

My favourites are the one with Deku, Iida and Todoroki and the one with Toga, Twice and Mr. Compress. They're just cool, and the villains get quite creative with Mr. Compress quirk.

And you gotta love that Bakugo's idea of a team ultimate is to just yeet Kirishima and Kaminari and the opponent.

I just wish there were more of them, because there are a few glaring omissions. Hopefully they'll add more as free DLC.
    I enjoyed One's Justice, though I felt like it needed more, more characters, modes, etc., so I'm glad that here they've done all that, although I wish they dubbed both of these games, that's the biggest disappointment for me.

Also I love that Eri-powered 100% One For All Deku is one of the playable characters too.

Extraordinary Member

(Also I gotta play Persona 5 Royal for next month too )
    *high fives* Hell yeah dude!

I borrowed the first game from a friend since I'd heard so much about it and got interested, and I loved it. But I also know what kind of gamer I am so I used a schedule guide to get as much as possible out of it. This time I think I'll go in half-blind, we'll see how long that lasts. And I dread having to pick between Makoto and Hifumi again.

And to keep this mildly related to MHA. Here's how cast some MHA characters as the Phantom Thieves.
    Deku as Joker
    Kirishima and Skull
    Eri as Mona
    Mina as Panther
    Todoroki as Fox
    Uraraka as Queen
    Hatsume as Oracle
    Momo as Noir
    Iida as Crow (only because Iida hasn't gotten to that part of the game yet and nobody wants him to be disappointed so they keep distracting him from finishing the game)
    I enjoyed One's Justice, though I felt like it needed more, more characters, modes, etc., so I'm glad that here they've done all that, although I wish they dubbed both of these games, that's the biggest disappointment for me.

Also I love that Eri-powered 100% One For All Deku is one of the playable characters too.
    I would at least like subtitles during the intro and outro sequences for each match.

Deku at 100% is a great addition. I'm surprised that we've got three Shiketsu students in the roster and Gang Orca. That's cool.

I'll probably get it eventually, it's pretty expensive right now so I'll most likely be waiting for a price cut like I did for the first game.
    Same here; I got the first game for half price.and I'm going to hold off buying this one until it's reduced especially if it isn't that much different from the first game.

*high fives* Hell yeah dude!

I borrowed the first game from a friend since I'd heard so much about it and got interested, and I loved it. But I also know what kind of gamer I am so I used a schedule guide to get as much as possible out of it. This time I think I'll go in half-blind, we'll see how long that lasts. And I dread having to pick between Makoto and Hifumi again.

And to keep this mildly related to MHA. Here's how cast some MHA characters as the Phantom Thieves.
    Deku as Joker
    Kirishima and Skull
    Eri as Mona
    Mina as Panther
    Todoroki as Fox
    Uraraka as Queen
    Hatsume as Oracle
    Momo as Noir
    Iida as Crow (only because Iida hasn't gotten to that part of the game yet and nobody wants him to be disappointed so they keep distracting him from finishing the game)
    Hell yeah! I'm usually not too good with 100 hour RPGs, but so many people recommended it to me, so I checked it out and fell in love. Spent pretty much all of the second half of 2017 focused on it. Wanted to play NG+ for the longest time, until finally Royal was announced and so decided to wait for that. I went for Ann first time around, think I might go for Makoto next.

Funny is I think Momo could easily fit for Panther, Queen, or Noir real easily, I'd probably end up going for Queen the most, due to their studious personality in how they take control (plus being student council/class rep). Also, Monoma would definitively be Crow. His hero name is even "Phantom Thief".