View Poll Results: Are the X-Men right or wrong to act this way toward humanity?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right

77 54.23%
  • Wrong

19 13.38%
  • Both

11 7.75%
  • Neither-it's complicated

35 24.65%
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    But would you want to know what's coming or have it unfold for you?

Btw, Tycon just informed us that some mutants will indeed be working out in the world as seen with the announcements of new Champions and New Warriors. Dust and Firestar are notable mentions.
    I wish I had clearer hints of foreshadowing? Or at least the reassurance that...this isn't always going to be so bleak; really, really need that, actually. I can't spiral back down again...it's feeling really, really hopeless?

Really? Anybody else in there?
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 01-10-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post

Really? Anybody else in there?
    Yeah Silhouette, Justice and a few others were named:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...12#post4776212
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Yeah Namorita, Justice and a few others were named:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...12#post4776212
    Hm; I'll give these a shot. They actually look really hopeful, especially the Power-Pack mini. I don't know much about them, but they always struck me as cute and I'd like to have a look. Who knows, if I fall in love with these, maybe I'll finally be able to say goodbye and leave the X-verse behind. That'd be nice right now.

The few mutants mentioned or listed in the announcements today are character I don't recall seeing on Krakao (I could be wrong!) and have been interacting heavily with other heroes these past few months despite Krakoa. And Firestar, who I could see avoiding Krakoa like the plague just because of Emma.

For example, Silhouette was working with Ironheart to stop her brother, who was one of the 10 Rings.

I could see Dust staying away because of how important her religion is to her, and there are complicated religious questions you could have about some of the things on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The few mutants mentioned or listed in the announcements today are character I don't recall seeing on Krakao (I could be wrong!) and have been interacting heavily with other heroes these past few months despite Krakoa. And Firestar, who I could see avoiding Krakoa like the plague just because of Emma.

For example, Silhouette was working with Ironheart to stop her brother, who was one of the 10 Rings.

I could see Dust staying away because of how important her religion is to her, and there are complicated religious questions you could have about some of the things on Krakoa.
    There's Angelica from X-Force #2 and she's likely in the mass celebration scene in HoX, I just couldn't make out some of the flying beings on fire.

I'm not reading all of the titles so there may have been other cameos but one of the concerns out there was if mutants were forced to live on Krakoa. And if mutants would bother interacting with the outside world now when they have their own nation, isolating themselves.
    Last edited by JB; 01-10-2020 at 07:32 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

There's Angelica from X-Force #2 and she's likely in the mass celebration scene in HoX, I just couldn't make out some of the flying beings on fire.

I'm not reading all of the titles so there may have been other cameos but one of the concerns out there was if mutants were forced to live on Krakoa. And if mutants would bother interacting with the outside world now when they have their own nation, isolating themselves.
    Potentially hopeful then; we'll just have to see how or if the X-line addresses those issues itself now, if at all.

Tangent: I hate that look for Shatterstar. He looked so stylish in his miniseries last year.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

Dust is on the island.

Absolutely wrong. They are acting like villains and betraying the core premise from their design.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 01-11-2020 at 04:43 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

They're heroes and god's children.
    This is how things should and will always be lols.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Absolutely wrong. They are acting like villains and betraying the core premise from their design.
    How are they acting like villains?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    How are they acting like villains?
    No one ever has an answer.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Mighty Member

If the Krakoa era gets a pass, then so too should Utopia-- especially when the latter was a direct result of the mutant species being on the brink of extinction, in stark contrast to where Krakoa is at. All hail the Phoenix Five! All hail PhoenixColossuNaut!

Shitposting aside, I'll go with "it's complicated". The X-Men basically declared "we shall replace you. It's inevitable." and that's gotta rub humanity in all sorts of the wrong ways. Xavier's basically given up on peaceful coexistence. Instead, he's planning to buy humanity-- not so much to enslave them, but to ward off future attacks. Hence, my stance on "it's complicated". It's a scenario where the intent is good, but the method is questionable, so does the end justify the means?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    If the Krakoa era gets a pass, then so too should Utopia-- especially when the latter was a direct result of the mutant species being on the brink of extinction, in stark contrast to where Krakoa is at. All hail the Phoenix Five! All hail PhoenixColossuNaut!

Shitposting aside, I'll go with "it's complicated". The X-Men basically declared "we shall replace you. It's inevitable." and that's gotta rub humanity in all sorts of the wrong ways. Xavier's basically given up on peaceful coexistence. Instead, he's planning to buy humanity-- not so much to enslave them, but to ward off future attacks. Hence, my stance on "it's complicated". It's a scenario where the intent is good, but the method is questionable, so does the end justify the means?
    In this specific case, I'd say absolutely. Everybody plays by the rules and everybody wins.

Xavier and the mutants right now could be world conquering despots with an infinite number of mutant clones and respawns now that Mothermold is out of the way.

Instead they're just keeping to themselves, seeking diplomacy and giving the humans what they love the most to(like you said) dissuade future conflict which is better, longer, and healthier life.

"You hate having mutants in your country? Cool they can come to their own."

"You hate dying of dibilitating health, disease, and old age? Good we made a fixer-uper for that just for you. Yes, you, humans."

"Price? Recognize our sovereignty and stay in your lane."

Will mutants eventually outnumber humans if all is left to its own? Sure, but that's just nature.

All I know is that I'm sure as hell happy that I don't see a T-Rex walking down the street every other day...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    In this specific case, I'd say absolutely. Everybody plays by the rules and everybody wins.

Xavier and the mutants right now could be world conquering despots with an infinite number of mutant clones and respawns now that Mothermold is out of the way.

Instead they're just keeping to themselves, seeking diplomacy and giving the humans what they love the most to(like you said) dissuade future conflict which is better, longer, and healthier life.

"You hate having mutants in your country? Cool they can come to their own."

"You hate dying of dibilitating health, disease, and old age? Good we made a fixer-uper for that just for you. Yes, you, humans."

"Price? Recognize our sovereignty and stay in your lane."

Will mutants eventually outnumber humans if all is left to its own? Sure, but that's just nature.

All I know is that I'm sure as hell happy that I don't see a T-Rex walking down the street every other day...
    And I agree. I see Krakoa as pretty much a rehash of Utopia in the AvX "era", minus the extinction angle.

Still, just like in AvX, Prof X and co are definitely coming off as threatening at worst, and unsettling at best, so it seems inevitable there will be more clashes between the X-Men and the humans / possibly the Avengers, particularly when Xavier seemed to have given up on coexistence and moved straight to tolerance. And that's definitely going to rub the humans of 616 the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong: I do like the current status quo. It's very Utopia, for me, and a lot more fleshed out and without the looming threat of extinction. But to answer the question posted, I think the X-Men's current behavior is more complicated than just either right or wrong.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie