View Poll Results: Are the X-Men right or wrong to act this way toward humanity?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right

77 54.23%
  • Wrong

19 13.38%
  • Both

11 7.75%
  • Neither-it's complicated

35 24.65%
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    But didn't Moira try that and it failed?

Stay tuned for Excalibur tomorrow, when Betsy and crew protect the UK from the monster invasion.
    Moira also tried Krakoa and it failed. The lives can be similar or different in innumerable ways, limited only by imagination. There has been no absolution stating trying to unite humanity will always fail.

As for saving the U.K., good. I hope to see heroics become even more of a priority later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Moira also tried Krakoa and it failed. The lives can be similar or different in innumerable ways, limited only by imagination. There has been no absolution stating trying to unite humanity will always fail.

As for saving the U.K., good. I hope to see heroics become even more of a priority later on.
    I wonder if the difference is the life-saving drugs this time. I don't think that was mentioned as a thing.
    Last edited by JB; 01-07-2020 at 08:05 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They can shout #NotMyCrumpets from the London Tower all they like...but the printed pages don't lie, they are the perfect accompaniment for Krakoan tea with a citrus infusion.
    A pity they choose to remain Frayed.
    (I love that word, thank you Londo B.)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Which life did she try Krakoa, specifically? I thought Krakoa as a country was new to this life. It wasn't in the Apocalypse war life, was it?

But didn't Moira try that and it failed?
    Same question. Which life did she try to unite humanity? I don't think she ever really tried. She worked with Xavier one life that looked like it was similar to the current one, and died to vague Sentinel related reasons that we know no details of. It could have been a stray blast in a typical brawl with Sentinels and everything outside of that fight could have been fine. Or worse. We don't really know.
    Last edited by pkingdom; 01-07-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    A pity they choose to remain Frayed.
    (I love that word, thank you Londo B.)
    In Koei's "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" game parlance, Thou art now my Nemesis, Deva.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Which life did she try Krakoa, specifically? I thought Krakoa as a country was new to this life. It wasn't in the Apocalypse war life, was it?
    Yes, the one with Apocalypse and Dougkoa and Illyossus Pryde. That was the life before this current life.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    In Koei's "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" game parlance, Thou art now my Nemesis, Deva.
    Shtaahhpp!!! You got me all rouge-cheeked and aflutter.
    Scone? And I have just the perfectly scrumptious Krakoan Flower preserve to go with it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yes, the one with Apocalypse and Dougkoa and Illyossus Pryde. That was the life before this current life.
    Given that she murdered Xavier and Magneto before starting World War Mutant with Apocalypse, its pretty far from the circumstances of Krakoa in the current timeline. I don't think its comparable to the current attempt.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Shtaahhpp!!! You got me all rouge-cheeked and aflutter.
    Scone? And I have just the perfectly scrumptious Krakoan Flower preserve to go with it.
    Tumahimik ka na, for the sake of my SAN pts. You've no idea how much I want to walk away from the X-discussion and frequent my other board-haunts, but I've been stuck reacting to HoxPoxDox since October last year because I feel I have to.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    And it's great that you recognize that, as I do as well. But the question is...

will the writers after Hickman write many of the humans into recognizing that and function by modern standards, as opposed to having many of the humans function as if they're still as far back as friggin 1953 when Binder's mutant domination article was published?
    Well it will depend of the type of narrative those writers want to do with the X-men in the future, I agree it`s boring to see the same angry group of ppl hating mutants but in fiction any path is possible as long as it makes sense inside story imo and Hickman is beggining to show those type of nuances too given Magneto talk about taking control of the human economy, school, politics etc. because in modern standards most of the discrimination happens on those spheres precisely so if Hickman is writting a paralel, it makes sense Magneto made those sphere`s a priority for mutants to begin the change from inside the structures of the human world.

For example I would not be surprised if most of the discimination in the MU is very present in mass media, in the economy or even inside the schools, William Striker didn`t have any superhuman powers, he wasn`t homo novissima yet he alone broke Xavier`s will and made him attack his X-men and even think of letting things be after being tortured and brainwashed by him for days, he did what no other X-men adversary has done and he did this in part using the support mass media and his followers handed him.

From this point of view it makes sense for the X-men and Krakoa to try and change the human perspective on mutants not only on the superhero front, doing heroic things but from the politics, economy and mass media currently dominated by human institutions. In fact this often happens in the RL countries that don`t have quite the same pull others have, decide to buy or develop influence on the political, educative or economic side at an international level to keep their presence in the world and develop their national priorities. If this is indeed what Hickman is going for I would like to see him doing this from the X-men pov.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-07-2020 at 09:41 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Given that she murdered Xavier and Magneto before starting World War Mutant with Apocalypse, its pretty far from the circumstances of Krakoa in the current timeline. I don't think its comparable to the current attempt.
    Everything we were shown about that Krakoa is in current Krakoa, including chimeras, even though they know that went bad the first time.

Chimeras have not been made yet but I guess we will see some of their development in the X-men/Fantastic Four crossover.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Thanks for those panels, Lucyinthesky. They warmed my heart.

Thanks Jbenito I also enjoy when the writers and artist show this softer and more nuanced side of Magneto

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    From this point of view it makes sense for the X-men and Krakoa to try and change the human perspective on mutants not only on the superhero front, doing heroic things but from the politics, economy and mass media currently dominated by human institutions. In fact this often happens in the RL countries that don`t have quite the same pull others have, decide to buy or develop influence on the political, educative or economic side at an international level to keep their presence in the world and develop their national priorities. If this is indeed what Hickman is going for I would like to see him doing this from the X-men pov.
    Well said. We've never seen such an approach from the X-Men. It's exciting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yes it is