View Poll Results: Are the X-Men right or wrong to act this way toward humanity?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right

77 54.23%
  • Wrong

19 13.38%
  • Both

11 7.75%
  • Neither-it's complicated

35 24.65%
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Forced conflict by the writer rehashing the same scene from past stories but dialing the caricature hostility to 11 raised to the power of 11, then having the main characters table the boiling conflict until later on the in the run. BTW, do mutants currently hold only Krakoan citizenship since the start of Dox?
    Wait a minute, this is the content that's being given to us and the content the mutants are responding to. Regardless if you think it's "forced" conflict or it's being dialed up to 11, this is the content. A thrown bottle which could have murdered Gambit with no authorities stepping in to quell the situation. Betsy standing firm and reminding the team that they currently serve the Queen and her people, telling them to stand down. This, to me, is a massive scene. Any single one of these mutants could have destroyed that crowd. The Queen has accepted a mutant as her nation's protector. I'm sure the humans won't stop the mutants from saving them from their new monster invaders. We have to accept what's being told and shown to us otherwise there is no debate.

And I don't believe the dual-citizenship question has been addressed but I would sure love for it to be!
    Last edited by JB; 01-07-2020 at 07:15 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    What can Mutants do about that though? If they die off they die off.
    It's just convenient and not really what the X-Men is about. It kinda ruins things if nature decides that mutants are superior and "inherit the earth" definitively. The heroism only ever resided in the mutants' struggle to do the right thing. Now that they don't have to worry about being the good guys and uniting everyone because humans are dying off, the heroic appeal is lost.

If the earth just naturally spews up Inhuman farts one year, does that mean that we should all just follow Inhumans because mutants are conveniently over?

It's like people aren't writing or reading this stuff critically, to be honest, or are just flat out interested in "my chosen species wins" stuff.

This is all new-ish if you haven't heard of Inhumans before, but Inhumans are what they are as a franchise for a reason and there has to be X-Men after Hickman.

The Inhumans doing their "wait-it-out superiority" thing didn't appeal to me in the slightest and changing Black Bolt and Medusa to Wolverine and Jean Grey barely helps, if I'm honest.

Luckily, I think the mutants will have to get down to the business of uniting the different strands of humanity for fear of the Phalanx and I can't wait to get back to that heroism.

I do like the world-building of Krakoa though. It's a cool setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It's just convenient and not really what the X-Men is about. It kinda ruins things if nature decides that mutants are superior and "inherit the earth" definitively. The heroism only ever resided in the mutants' struggle to do the right thing. Now that they don't have to worry about being the good guys and uniting everyone because humans are dying off, the heroic appeal is lost.

If the earth just naturally spews up Inhuman farts one year, does that mean that we should all just follow Inhumans because mutants are conveniently over?

It's like people aren't writing or reading this stuff critically, to be honest, or are just flat out interested in "my chosen species wins" stuff.

This is all new-ish if you haven't heard of Inhumans before, but Inhumans are what they are as a franchise for a reason and there has to be X-Men after Hickman.

The Inhumans doing their "wait-it-out superiority" thing didn't appeal to me in the slightest and changing Black Bolt and Medusa to Wolverine and Jean Grey barely helps, if I'm honest.

Luckily, I think the mutants will have to get down to the business of uniting the different strands of humanity for fear of the Phalanx and I can't wait to get back to that heroism.

I do like the world-building of Krakoa though. It's a cool setting.
    Total agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The heroism only ever resided in the mutants' struggle to do the right thing. Now that they don't have to worry about being the good guys and uniting everyone because humans are dying off, the heroic appeal is lost.
    But they do have to worry because Moira has seen them exterminated in every one of her lives. I have to assume the "mutants inherit the earth" was present in all her lives, which is what led to the creation of Nimrod, which led to their extinction. Moira, Charles, and Erik are certainly not Not worrying. To them, this is their last chance to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Total agreement.
    Basically you guys just want the eternal stuggle-men back.

I get it.

Basically you guys just want the eternal stuggle-men back.

I get it.
    The struggle continues in RL for equality. Why shouldn't it continue in comics?

I'm enjoying Krakoa while it lasts while being critical of it. I don't expect it to last forever, as has been said by the X-architect Hickman himself. He's got an end game planned which Krakoa is merely part of.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

It does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    But they do have to worry because Moira has seen them exterminated in every one of her lives. I have to assume the "mutants inherit the earth" was present in all her lives, which is what led to the creation of Nimrod, which led to their extinction. Moira, Charles, and Erik are certainly not Not worrying. To them, this is their last chance to survive.
    That's still not heroism. I've read enough "fighting for survival". That's one of the things Krakoa gets right. There's the credible threat of homo novisima and the larger techno-organic threat beyond that and those are great but the fight against those in and of itself is not heroic. We all do what we need to do to keep existing, big deal. The component that is missing is the aspiration to bring humanity together.

Honestly, if we had Moira's nine lives without the inventive setting and the promise not to do oh-so-shocking death stories for a while, this would just be a slight Utopia tweak.

Give me the X-Men as noble heroes, not just warriors for their individual cause. They should have the great power and responsiblity that separates them from, not to keep beating up on the horribly-designed, uninteresting, and off-putting suckers, but, the Inhumans.

I'm enjoying Krakoa while it lasts while being critical of it. I don't expect it to last forever, as has been said by the X-architect Hickman himself. He's got an end game planned which Krakoa is merely part of.
    And at some point you have to accept that this isn't even remotely close to RL.

In a fictional universe of space gods, broccoli aliens and talking raccoons you can't expect everything to directly mirror the real world which is ironically the reality.

If at some point in 100 years mutants eventually out populate baseline humans then those are the breaks
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 01-07-2020 at 07:48 PM.

That's still not heroism. I've read enough "fighting for survival". That's one of the things Krakoa gets right. There's the credible threat of homo novisima and the larger techno-organic threat beyond that and those are great but the fight against those in and of itself is not heroic. We all do what we need to do to keep existing, big deal. The component that is missing is the aspiration to bring humanity together.
    But didn't Moira try that and it failed?

Give me the X-Men as noble heroes, not just warriors for their individual cause. They should have the great power and responsiblity that separates them from, not to keep beating up on the horribly-designed, uninteresting, and off-putting suckers, but, the Inhumans.
    Stay tuned for Excalibur tomorrow, when Betsy and crew protect the UK from the monster invasion.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's mind-boggling, to me, where these discussions end up going.
    It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad and pitiful.
    On quick second thought...
    It's fekkin' hilarious.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's fekkin' hilarious.
    You and me, Krakoa cafe tomorrow morning. Please bring your tea, I'll bring my flask.

It's fekkin' hilarious.
    Stop supporting the evil Krakoans.

They only care about themselves and don't want to help humans solve all their problems.

#NotMyHeroes

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You and me, Krakoa cafe tomorrow morning. Please bring your tea, I'll bring my flask.
    my song-bird alarm is set and organic steeper is on timer.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

#NotMyHeroes

Yeah I posted them again! The audacity of Betsy stopping Gambit from getting his revenge and making it clear that they currently serve the Queen and the people of Britain before heading off to fight demons and monsters and gnomes. She only cares about the flowers in her hair. #NotMyHeroes

my song-bird alarm is set and organic steeper is on timer.
    You get me.