View Poll Results: Are the X-Men right or wrong to act this way toward humanity?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right

77 54.23%
  • Wrong

19 13.38%
  • Both

11 7.75%
  • Neither-it's complicated

35 24.65%
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Doesn't this mean that the humans should start working out their own ressurecction program?

They're more than smart enough.
    And there are methods that have been employed that have a similar outcome/effect. For example, the Jackal's more advanced cloning technology, hereby dubbed "reanimation," which was the epicenter of The Clone Conspiracy and later incorporated the Inheritors' cloning tech that also enabled the mind/soul/spirit to transfer into a healthy new body upon the death or incapacitation of the old/original body. Then there's the Starks' "biological reboot" technology, which may have technically turned out to create a perfectly functional clone instead of really reviving the original person, but still.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It doesn't matter. Right or Wrong the people that want to exterminate them are going to try to exterminate them. Whether the X-Men choose to be ally for humanity or enemy the result is still the same.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    It doesn't matter. Right or Wrong the people that want to exterminate them are going to try to exterminate them. Whether the X-Men choose to be ally for humanity or enemy the result is still the same.
    A good point, actually. Humanity has already by and large made up its mind about mutants, whether actively seeking their extermination or doing nothing but offering lukewarm token sympathy at best while others do the dirty work of maintaining human supremacy/dominance for them. Again, what's more wrong to me is that humanity has been given a totally free hand, even by nonmutant superheroes who've fought beside the X-Men and their offshoots for years, to try to wipe mutants out of existence over and over and over simply out of fear and hatred. The X-Men doing what they're doing now is simply out of necessity to not only survive, but finally thrive after all these years of fighting for scraps at best from humankind.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Agreed. It's up to the "good" humans of the world to do what they can to stop the bad ones that are trying to exterminate the mutants. They're not a part of the solution until then.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. It's up to the "good" humans of the world to do what they can to stop the bad ones that are trying to exterminate the mutants. They're not a part of the solution until then.
    Genuine question: What can they do, do you think? We've seen glimmers of support very recently, in fact, but others seem to think that's just pandering? That it's not enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Genuine question: What can they do, do you think? We've seen glimmers of support very recently, in fact, but others seem to think that's just pandering? That it's not enough?
    I think it's still pretty early. We already saw that Wakanda and Krakoa are actually on ok terms, just Wakanda doesn't need to trade for mutant drugs because they already have comparable drugs in their country that Wakanda keeps exclusive and doesn't sell.

Given time we will probably touch base with people who want to be allies to the mutants. It's not like they are looking for war at all, they are using the economic system to ensure that Krakoa becomes a permanent and necessary part of global trade, it makes countries a bit more careful because Krakoa doesn't have to go to war, they have the power to enact economic sanctions and other countries may actually join those sanctions. This was Xavier's main plan, he had the product ready to go so that Emma could go get treaties right away, and those treaties help establish Krakoa on the economic scene and they impact overall global trade. For as rich as Xavier is, Emma Frost is probably the 2nd most wealthy, or at least the Hellfire Trading Company is most certainly one of the largest shipping companies in the world.

But I think we will see the mutants join up in some upcoming events. It's possible that Scott may get involved in the Outlawed event to protect the champions. The mutants may join up to help defend against Empyre, etc..

They might even cross over with the Immortal Hulk at some point. We will have to wait and see, but it's pretty early and we are just getting started with the writers laying groundwork.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think it's still pretty early. We already saw that Wakanda and Krakoa are actually on ok terms, just Wakanda doesn't need to trade for mutant drugs because they already have comparable drugs in their country that Wakanda keeps exclusive and doesn't sell.

Given time we will probably touch base with people who want to be allies to the mutants. It's not like they are looking for war at all, they are using the economic system to ensure that Krakoa becomes a permanent and necessary part of global trade, it makes countries a bit more careful because Krakoa doesn't have to go to war, they have the power to enact economic sanctions and other countries may actually join those sanctions. This was Xavier's main plan, he had the product ready to go so that Emma could go get treaties right away, and those treaties help establish Krakoa on the economic scene and they impact overall global trade. For as rich as Xavier is, Emma Frost is probably the 2nd most wealthy, or at least the Hellfire Trading Company is most certainly one of the largest shipping companies in the world.

But I think we will see the mutants join up in some upcoming events. It's possible that Scott may get involved in the Outlawed event to protect the champions. The mutants may join up to help defend against Empyre, etc..

They might even cross over with the Immortal Hulk at some point. We will have to wait and see, but it's pretty early and we are just getting started with the writers laying groundwork.
    So you think it's on the political humans now to take responsibility for that? What about the allies on the ground? Friends, family? What can they do?

So you think it's on the political humans now to take responsibility for that? What about the allies on the ground? Friends, family? What can they do?
    This is not a good time for mutant relatives or friends (ordinary people) to speak up for Krakoa. There are all kinds of people with many different intentions who would try to use them to get what they want or simply use them as an example by treating them as traitors to the human race or to use them against Krakoa.

The battle at the moment is political with eventual exchanges of kindness . Both sides try to anticipate each other's plans and attacks.

It would take more time for humans to understand that Krakoa is not going anywhere like the mutants and will inevitably have to accept this before humans openly defend mutants.

On the other hand heroes or politicians supporting Krakoa would be very good for their image and for building a good relationship but I doubt it will happen anytime soon for various reasons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    This is not a good time for mutant relatives or friends (ordinary people) to speak up for Krakoa. There are all kinds of people with many different intentions who would try to use them to get what they want or simply use them as an example by treating them as traitors to the human race or to use them against Krakoa.

The battle at the moment is political with eventual exchanges of kindness . Both sides try to anticipate each other's plans and attacks.

It would take more time for humans to understand that Krakoa is not going anywhere like the mutants and will inevitably have to accept this before humans openly defend mutants.

On the other hand heroes or politicians supporting Krakoa would be very good for their image and for building a good relationship but I doubt it will happen anytime soon for various reasons.
    See, that's why I think there does need to be a measure of protection still in the human world; if only to give those friends and relatives a sense of safety to speak up for them. It begs the question: what of allies who would be targeted and ousted from their homes?

But then, if they don't speak up...isn't that just perpetuating the narrative that humans don't care? That mutants and humans must always remain separate? Is not the allyship on the ground just as important as the political, if only to send the message to politicians that, yeah, they're expected to support this?

I think it has to start politically. What I would like to see is what happened with the LGBT movement - laws designating attacks on mutants as "hate crimes" with tougher consequences. Nations officially condemning such attacks, especially mass graves as we've seen. As these laws and actions come into play, then your regular "on the ground" humans will start to feel safer coming out to support mutants. PFLAG made a big impact (and continues to do so) because it was showing that the parents and friends of LGB (at the time) people had their backs and that they wouldn't let them stand alone. There has to be deeper consequences for killing Rahne, as an example.

BANNED

I think it has to start politically. What I would like to see is what happened with the LGBT movement - laws designating attacks on mutants as "hate crimes" with tougher consequences. Nations officially condemning such attacks, especially mass graves as we've seen. As these laws and actions come into play, then your regular "on the ground" humans will start to feel safer coming out to support mutants. PFLAG made a big impact (and continues to do so) because it was showing that the parents and friends of LGB (at the time) people had their backs and that they wouldn't let them stand alone. There has to be deeper consequences for killing Rahne, as an example.
    Genuinely asking though: Doesn't one effort need the other to survive? Can we trust politicians to feel incentivised to enact those laws if they don't see any 'need' to? As in, the support from regular people?

See, that's why I think there does need to be a measure of protection still in the human world; if only to give those friends and relatives a sense of safety to speak up for them. It begs the question: what of allies who would be targeted and ousted from their homes?

But then, if they don't speak up...isn't that just perpetuating the narrative that humans don't care? That mutants and humans must always remain separate? Is not the allyship on the ground just as important as the political, if only to send the message to politicians that, yeah, they're expected to support this?
    I agree but first I would like to see programs and initiatives in place to protect runaway/abandoned mutants. When the X-Men were living in Harry Hideaway's basement, no one approached them to offer them a hand or sanctuary. Karma had to work her resources and Harry was literally putting his life on the line to help them.

BANNED

I agree but first I would like to see programs and initiatives in place to protect runaway/abandoned mutants. When the X-Men were living in Harry Hideaway's basement, no one approached them to offer them a hand or sanctuary. Karma had to work her resources and Harry was literally putting his life on the line to help them.
    Isn't that covered under Marauders though? Like, those characters have no ties to the human world so, they're off to Krakoa and how they get there depends on Kitty?

Genuinely asking though: Doesn't one effort need the other to survive? Can we trust politicians to feel incentivised to enact those laws if they don't see any 'need' to? As in, the support from regular people?
    Well it has to start with the mutants. They have to continue to stand up and say hey, we matter and deserve to be treated equally. Having the leaders of Krakoa invited to the economic forum was a big step forward. Those humans were willing to talk (minus the American one who wanted to kill them). It may be slow but that's progress and that's what I enjoy about it.

Isn't that covered under Marauders though? Like, those characters have no ties to the human world so, they're off to Krakoa and how they get there depends on Kitty?
    Yes but I'm sure the hope is that if a mutant is asking for refuge and safety, maybe their home country can eventually offer that to them. It would make them wanting to potentially stay an easier option.