View Poll Results: Are the X-Men right or wrong to act this way toward humanity?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right

77 54.23%
  • Wrong

19 13.38%
  • Both

11 7.75%
  • Neither-it's complicated

35 24.65%
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

*votes*
    *runs away*

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    'Cos he's being an absolute arsehole; and if he truly does believe in Krakoa as a cause then there really shouldn't any problem for someone to come up to him and say "Hey, be nice, there's no need." Because it's just a hypocritical, hateful rhetoric and isn't going to help the situation at all.

I mean, so what if it annoys him; what's he gonna do? Raze Krakoa to the ground and get himself in trouble?
    Apocalypse says less bad things than members of majority parties in democratic countries today, come on. He is an asshole, yes, but he is a useful asshole. He is incredibly old, the fact that he has accepted a path that implies peace is already a great change.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Pete Wisdom, Excalibur still working for his human employers.

Ororo munroe, still going to wakanda and helping them in Black Panther.

Beak and his wife chose not to go to Krakoa and are helping their sick human father to keep the farm running, New Mutants.

That is three examples of it right there.
    --Working for, sure, but he does he still live in his original residence, or has he moved? (Still a good, hopeful example though I'll give ya that.)

--Negligible if it's an attitude that's currently 'canon' to the main X-story (I have to see that officially reconciled by the X-writers considering how much disconnect there's been over the years)

--Beak hasn't chosen to stay on the farm; he's currently held hostage in his basement while his wife speaks of going to Krakoa. Not unreasonable from her, considering what she's going through I admit, but still false.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Apocalypse says less bad things than members of majority parties in democratic countries today, come on. He is an asshole, yes, but he is a useful asshole. He is incredibly old, the fact that he has accepted a path that implies peace is already a great change.
    So? It doesn't endear me to him and I still want someone to take him down a few pegs. Or atleast tell him to just shut the fuck up; at least as a pretence of there being some kind of differing attitude.

So? It doesn't endear me to him and I still want someone to take him down a few pegs. Or atleast tell him to just shut the fuck up; at least as a pretence of there being some kind of differing attitude.
    Wolverine already did it in HOX / POX, Gambit in Excalibur. No one did not even bother at the big party to invite him to join, as they did with other monsters like Gorgon.

No one in Krakoa likes Apocalypse, it's his position. But he is an incredibly old mutant, with vast knowledge in numerous subjects, from magic to celestial technology, a friend of Krakoa and one of the most powerful non-omega mutants.

They need him because he is useful. And he has proved useful.

BANNED

Wolverine already did it in HOX / POX, Gambit in Excalibur. No one did not even bother at the big party to invite him to join, as they did with other monsters like Gorgon.

No one in Krakoa likes Apocalypse, it's his position. But he is an incredibly old mutant, with vast knowledge in numerous subjects, from magic to celestial technology, a friend of Krakoa and one of the most powerful non-omega mutants.

They need him because he is useful. And he has proved useful.
    And if he believes in the cause and wants to hold his position then surely he'll continue to of his own volition? Hence he can stand to be called out a bit more regularly.

And if he believes in the cause and wants to hold his position then surely he'll continue to of his own volition? Hence he can stand to be called out a bit more regularly.
    It was already done by Storm in the council. The rest of the moments we have seen, or were in the middle of the action when it is not the time to do that (Excalibur) or in a political meeting where you cannot show weakness by arguing in front of other people (X-Men).

Maybe one or two leaders, but Apocalypse let people die if he thinks they are weak

BANNED

It was already done by Storm in the council. The rest of the moments we have seen, or were in the middle of the action when it is not the time to do that (Excalibur) or in a political meeting where you cannot show weakness by arguing in front of other people (X-Men).
    I still don't agree. Simply interjecting between both sides wouldn't have made Charles seem weak, but ya know what, I don't want to fight. We won't change each other's mind.

And that was Storm to Sebastian. A possible point, perhaps, but I'll need to see more of it before I'm totally convinced.

I still don't agree. Simply interjecting between both sides wouldn't have made Charles seem weak, but ya know what, I don't want to fight. We won't change each other's mind.

And that was Storm to Sebastian. A possible point, perhaps, but I'll need to see more of it before I'm totally convinced.
    No, Storm also questioned whether they had to endure the comments of "survival of the strongest" in the council.
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Maybe one or two leaders, but Apocalypse let people die if he thinks they are weak
    Before. Now he can't even do it with mutants.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I remember when Magneto tried with Asteroid M and Genosha. Hopefully it won't end like they did.
    Asteroid M fell because of the fight between the Acolytes, the X-men and Magneto.

Avalon: Fell because of the confrontation between Magneto and the X-men.

Genosha was destroyed because of Cassandra Nova who used Sentinels made by the Traks family and it was left umprotected in part because of a confrontation between The X-men and Magneto.

Utopia: Fell because of a fight between the X-men(united with most of what was left of mutants after M-day) and the Avengers, with the Avengers believing the X-men had gone rogue and attacked them without provokation from the X-men.

Then we have The X-mansion where Storm took the X-men was under danger because of the Inhumans terrigenesis so the mansion had to be taken to Magik`s realm "Limbo" just to keep their students alive.

Age of X-man: After the X-men were taken by Nate Grey and the world believed them to be dead, the rest of the goverments in the world used the chance to truly exploit or kill the mutants all around the globe, that was until theX-men came back and used what little resources they had to rescue mutants, the Acolytes and Magneto also were doing this.

IMO all those experiences led to the way Krakoa is being constructed that and the fact the X-men and Magneto have learned from their mistakes, for mutantkind to survive, thrive and have a peaceful life they need first to have their own home, there`s an alliance between ALL the mutants sides because there`s a need for it, their infighting has just helped third parties to attack them, hence they have formed an alliance with all those willing to ally with them as long as they follow the rules.

I think what the X-men are doing is try to move mutantkind past their decimation era and led them to a future where they truly can live in peace, this doesn`t mean they will cut off links to the outside world, in a way they are being more open to it than Wakanda ever was, jubilee still has her baby and she`s perfectly justified in not wanting Apocalyse being near him despite the X-men alliance with him, Betsy can bring her brother any time she wants and keep her links to the UK, but they also have a learning curve to overcome before becoming an actual nation with all the contradictions and pov`s any other nation has.

Why should they be called un-heroic or fascist in the face of everything that has happened to them in the MU is beyond me, it`s only logical that for them to keep being a force for good for the world, they first need to atend the needs of their comunity and themselves as well imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-05-2020 at 03:45 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

'Cos he's being an absolute arsehole; and if he truly does believe in Krakoa as a cause then there really shouldn't any problem for someone to come up to him and say "Hey, be nice, there's no need." Because it's just a hypocritical, hateful rhetoric and isn't going to help the situation at all.

I mean, so what if it annoys him; what's he gonna do? Raze Krakoa to the ground and get himself in trouble?
    “Be nice. There’s no need.” and ‘proverbial smack around’ denote two very different things. It isn’t hypocritical at all, prejudice yes, any sort of equivalent to what humanity has done to mutantkind overall no.

BANNED

No, Storm also questioned whether they had to endure the comments of "survival of the strongest" in the council.
    When? In X-Force or HOX/POX 'cos I can't find this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    “Be nice. There’s no need.” and ‘proverbial smack around’ denote two very different things. It isn’t hypocritical at all, prejudice yes, any sort of equivalent to what humanity has done to mutantkind overall no.
    Firstly: apologies for my local slang. That's usually short-hand over here to tell someone to shut up, similar to "Give an earful." What I was trying to say: I wish someone would keep countering Apocalypse and his anti-human sentiment a bit more.

Prejudice is prejudice and his attitude is still less than helpful. Yes, it isn't any sort of equivalent to what humanity has done, but he's still an arsehole for it.
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 01-05-2020 at 03:51 PM.

--Working for, sure, but he does he still live in his original residence, or has he moved? (Still a good, hopeful example though I'll give ya that.)

--Negligible if it's an attitude that's currently 'canon' to the main X-story (I have to see that officially reconciled by the X-writers considering how much disconnect there's been over the years)

--Beak hasn't chosen to stay on the farm; he's currently held hostage in his basement while his wife speaks of going to Krakoa. Not unreasonable from her, considering what she's going through I admit, but still false.
    Perhaps you haven't read new mutants but yes he did CHOOSE to stay to help his sick father.

15.jpg
    16.jpg

Again he could have chosen to abandon his human family and ran off to krakoa but he stayed on the farm he grew up on with his children to help his father, that is BEFORE they were trapped in a basement by humans that made it clear there is no safe place for mutants. Even private property.

Also the familial relationship between Storm and Tchalla was hinted at in X-men #4 when Magneto mentioned a formal treaty so both there you go.

And yes Pete still lives in the regular world because he refused to go to Krakoa when Betsy mentioned it and said his bosses aren't there.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-05-2020 at 03:57 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/