View Poll Results: Are the X-Men right or wrong to act this way toward humanity?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right

77 54.23%
  • Wrong

19 13.38%
  • Both

11 7.75%
  • Neither-it's complicated

35 24.65%
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Apocalypse is Krakoa’s Prince Philip. He’s really old and you don’t let him speak near microphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Before. Now he can't even do it with mutants.
    he can't?
    I wouldn't trust him over mutants or humans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Perhaps you haven't read new mutants but yes he did CHOOSE to stay to help his sick father.

Attachment 91163
    Attachment 91164

Again he could have chosen to abandon his human family and ran off to krakoa but he stayed on the farm he grew up on with his children to help his father, that is BEFORE they were trapped in a basement by humans that made it clear there is no safe place for mutants. Even private property.

Also the familial relationship between Storm and Tchalla was hinted at in X-men #4 when Magneto mentioned a formal treaty so both there you go.

And yes Pete still lives in the regular world because he refused to go to Krakoa when Betsy mentioned it and said his bosses aren't there.
    Where does that speak of Beak intending to stay on the farm though, especially since his father's been cured? There's more evidence implying him and the family are going to Krakoa. He chose to stay to help care for him, yes, but where's the evidence he'll continue to stay?

Also:

That line was supposed to be in regard to Storm? That sounds far too vague for me, especially since Magneto mentioned only Emma by name. Until that relationship is more explicitly addressed in the X-books, I can't count that as canon.

Yes, Pete said his bosses are in the human world and I thought that meant he wouldn't leave his post in regards to that particular fight; that doesn't mean he's still living there?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Where does that speak of Beak intending to stay on the farm though, especially since his father's been cured? There's more evidence implying him and the family are going to Krakoa. He chose to stay to help care for him, yes, but where's the evidence he'll continue to stay?

Also:

That line was supposed to be in regard to Storm? That sounds far too vague for me, especially since Magneto mentioned only Emma by name. Until that relationship is more explicitly addressed in the X-books, I can't count that as canon.

Yes, Pete said his bosses are in the human world and I thought that meant he wouldn't leave his post in regards to that particular fight; that doesn't mean he's still living there?
    Who else is the King of Wakanda seeing and who else would he be talking about when he mentions the relationship between krakoa and wakanda would need continue between the King and Queen.

And it's not good enough that Beak decided to not go to Krakoa and help his human family he has to WANT to stay there forever in order for it to be viable that someone has there foot in both worlds? I'm really confused by what your expectation is now. Why does he need to stay when he has already proven he will show up and be there when his family needs him? Even human children don't stay with their parents forever. Especially not when humans are invading private property and trying to kill him and his children. So how much is good enough for you?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Apocalypse is Krakoa’s Prince Philip. He’s really old and you don’t let him speak near microphones.
    Does that make Charles Queen, she typed, innocently...

Firstly: apologies for my local slang. That's usually short-hand over here to tell someone to shut up, similar to "Give an earful." What I was trying to say: I wish someone would keep countering Apocalypse and his anti-human sentiment a bit more.

Prejudice is prejudice and his attitude is less than helpful. Yes, it isn't any sort of equivalent to what humanity has done, but he's still an arsehole for it.
    I think we’ll probably get that when the tension between Jubilee and Poccy reach a boiling point over his passive comments about Shogo. Or when Storm will tell him to shut up during a Quiet Council meeting. Even though they aren’t the “main players” anymore, I don’t think the X-Men will let Apocalypse go so far with his actions.

BANNED

Who else is the King of Wakanda seeing and who else would he be talking about when he mentions the relationship between krakoa and wakanda would need continue between the King and Queen.

And it's not good enough that Beak decided to not go to Krakoa and help his human family he has to WANT to stay there forever in order for t to be viable that someone has there foot in both worlds? I'm really confused by what your expectation is now. Why does he need to stay when he has already proven he will show up and there when his family needs him? Even human children don't stay with their parents forever. Especially not when humans are invading private property and trying to kill him and his children. So how much is good enough for you?
    But Storm isn't still queen is she? They divorced? Anyway; I thought they meant that as just nations being next to each other?

You were the one who said that he was definitely staying to continue to work on his family's farm. You implied that he wasn't going to Krakoa in the future; I pointed out that there wasn't evidence of that, only that he was caring for his sick father and was still planning to leave.

What I was originally saying is that there needs to be more of an effort to stop such events that does cause mutants to have to uproot, even if they don't want to. Even if he wasn't going to abandon his family, Beak still did have cause enough to want to leave. I'm not saying he wasn't going to be there for his family, I'm glad that he is going to still be there and that a happily blended family does exist, but I am frustrated that all the events around this just end in mutants migrating off anyway. It doesn't address the question: what of mutants who might not want to go or might not like it there?

X-Men Facebook Relationship Status: it’s complicated.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    X-Men Facebook Relationship Status: it’s complicated.
    Love it, truer words have never been spoken

But Storm isn't still queen is she? They divorced? Anyway; I thought they meant that as just nations being next to each other?

You were the one who said that he was definitely staying to continue to work on his family's farm. You implied that he wasn't going to Krakoa in the future; I pointed out that there wasn't evidence of that, only that he was caring for his sick father and was still planning to leave.

What I was originally saying is that there needs to be more of an effort to stop such events that does cause mutants to have to uproot, even if they don't want to. Even if he wasn't going to abandon his family, Beak still did have cause enough to want to leave. I'm not saying he wasn't going to be there for his family, I'm glad that he is going to still be there and that a happily blended family does exist, but I am frustrated that all the events around this just end in mutants migrating off anyway. It doesn't address the question: what of mutants who might not want to go or might not like it there?
    I stated he was staying to help his dad. That is what he is doing. He has not left yet. I don't know how you applied the reason he is staying and turned it into he will be there forever but let me rephrase. Beak is staying with his human family on their human farm to help his ailing human father because his mother and father can not take care of the farm. Also why would mutants stay where they are when currently the default home of most mutants are on KRakoa and that is where the stories are originating from. Not to mention humans apparently can just violate private property mutants happen to be on whenever they want. It's really starting to feel like your pushing an agenda rather than debating the actual story.

And who else would he be talking about if he was not referring to Storm. I don't understand how you can so eloquently think so far ahead into what should be told via religion etc in regard to resurrection but then be so literal when clearly that is who was being referred to when he mentioned the Wakanda King and who he has a familial relationship with. What other mutant could he be referring to?
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-05-2020 at 04:27 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I stated he was staying to help his dad. That is what he is doing. He has not left yet. I don't know how you applied the reason he is staying and turned it into he will be there forever but let me rephrase. Beak is staying with his human family on their human farm to help his ailing human father because his mother and father can not take care of the farm. Also why would mutants stay where they are when currently the default home of most mutants are on KRakoa and that is where the stories are originating from. Not to mention humans apparently can just violate private property mutants happen to be on whenever they want. It's really starting to feel like your pushing an agenda rather than debating the actual story.
    Thankyou for clarifying that; that wasn't clear in your original response when you said he was going to 'continue' looking after the farm.

Which is exactly why I stated there needs to be something that actually challenges that idea. Of mutants who don't want to leave or don't like it on Krakoa, default home or not. I'm in the UK, that's my 'default home' but I don't like it very much. I can't just leave though, it's not feasible for me right now. Why couldn't a mutant think the same?
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 01-05-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Thankyou for clarifying that; that wasn't clear in your original response when you said he was going to 'continue' looking after the farm.

Which is exactly why I stated there needs to be something actually addressing that in the story rather than just accepting it as "Well that's what has to happen now."
    You stated you needed to see more examples of nott throwing away their connection to the outside world and i gave you three examples and apparently those aren't enough so i'm not sure what your looking for.

Storm is dating a human.
    Beak is currently living with humans and obviously love his parents who in turn seem to love him.
    Pete Wisdom is working for humans.

Those are three cases where mutants are interacting with humans right now in a positive way.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

You stated you needed to see more examples of nott throwing away their connection to the outside world and i gave you three examples and apparently those aren't enough so i'm not sure what your looking for.

Storm is dating a human.
    Beak is currently living with humans and obviously love his parents who in turn seem to love him.
    Pete Wisdom is working for humans.

Those are three cases where mutants are interacting with humans right now in a positive way.
    So what's wrong with wanting it to be further expanded upon? The examples you offered are good, yes, but I still want to see that on a larger scale and want to see it further perpetuated. It'd be a great narrative challenge! (Also, if you don't mind me saying, we seem to be misunderstanding each other a lot.)

(Also, is Storm officially dating T'challa again? And then, until it's addressed by current X-writers it probably won't have any bearing on what's going on. Really need to see that reconciled between the two lines.)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

"I honestly don't know what comfort I can give you. Everyone needs to accept the new normal of Krakoa"
    --Magneto (XM 04)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

So what's wrong with wanting it to be further expanded upon? The examples you offered are good, yes, but I still want to see that on a larger scale and want to see it further perpetuated. It'd be a great narrative challenge! (Also, if you don't mind me saying, we seem to be misunderstanding each other a lot.)

(Also, is Storm officially dating T'challa again? And then, until it's addressed by current X-writers it probably won't have any bearing on what's going on. Really need to see that reconciled between the two lines.)
    It was acknowledged in X-men red that they were together when Jean called him in for help with Storm. It was also acknowledged in BP when she showed up in her new X-men red outfit. And it was acknowledged in X-men 4 unless there is another Krakoan that has a relationship with the King of Wakanda.

I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting it to be further expanded upon but i don't feel that is where the story is. At least not in the dawn of this new nation. It's nice to see but i don't want to read a comic with beak working on a farm with his kids.

(and no i don't mind you saying it. it happens but let me clear i honestly don't take any of this personally and it's not that serious so i hope you don't feel its personal or anything)
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-05-2020 at 04:41 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.