Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Let’s look again in April, after Mania. Brock’s just announced his entry into the Rumble. He’s going to win that, challenge himself to a title match at Mania and actually win.

Has Okada done that?

Yes, I’m asking if Okada has beaten himself.

Get your minds out of the gutter.

PS. I am so done with Lesnar in WWE. Ugh.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Let’s look again in April, after Mania. Brock’s just announced his entry into the Rumble. He’s going to win that, challenge himself to a title match at Mania and actually win.

Has Okada done that?

at this point, that might happen since there really isn't anyone left to challenge that's worth a damn. mostly due to the E not creating any new stars for the ME.

as opposed to new japan where okada always had worthy challengers to fight: naito, tana, shibata, sanada, ibush, jay white, ZSJ, omega, etc.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    at this point, that might happen since there really isn't anyone left to challenge that's worth a damn. mostly due to the E not creating any new stars for the ME.

as opposed to new japan where okada always had worthy challengers to fight: naito, tana, shibata, sanada, ibush, jay white, ZSJ, omega, etc.
    New Japan seems to go out of it's way to portray the midcarders as only slightly below the main eventers. As opose to WWE were midcarders are made to look like chumps next to the main eventers. So that's probably why it's alot easyer for them to elevate midcarders to being worthy challengers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    New Japan seems to go out of it's way to portray the midcarders as only slightly below the main eventers. As opose to WWE were midcarders are made to look like chumps next to the main eventers. So that's probably why it's alot easyer for them to elevate midcarders to being worthy challengers
    and it also helps that their champion doesn't disappear for months at a time, effectively killing the ME and forcing the mid-card belt to be the main belt of the show he's supposed to be on.

and new japan's mid carders have a lot of belts to go after: IC, US, never openweight, juinor heavyweight. and they all feel important.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and it also helps that their champion doesn't disappear for months at a time, effectively killing the ME and forcing the mid-card belt to be the main belt of the show he's supposed to be on.

and new japan's mid carders have a lot of belts to go after: IC, US, never openweight, juinor heavyweight. and they all feel important.
    On the bright side Lesnar almost definatly won't be winning the Rumble, since there is no way they convince him to work a match for that long.

On the bright side Lesnar almost definatly won't be winning the Rumble, since there is no way they convince him to work a match for that long.
    Keith Lee will eject him setting a match between them up for Mania.

And meanwhile in the Rumble everyone sits with their fingers crossed that Edge doesn’t literally die within 5 seconds of stepping back between the ropes.

On the plus side though... Kofi, Morrison, Ricochet, Humberto, Andrade, Cesaro... insane stuff may well ensue in this particular Rumble.

but on the flip side, he's taking a spot from someone else, especially since they are splitting up the entrants between raw, SD and the main roster from NXT.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Has Okada done that?

He's the current WWE Champion how's that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Three of those guys also pinned him, Angle in fact made him tap, more than once

By contrast Lesnar has lost like thrice since he broke the streak
    Ya but he allso had more matchs than.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Three of those guys also pinned him, Angle in fact made him tap, more than once

By contrast Lesnar has lost like thrice since he broke the streak
    That's not as impressive as it sounds given the guy only wrestles a handful of times per year.