Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Doreen redux: Squirrel Girl Appreciation 2020

Doreen just joined the Contest of Champions mobile game:

https://www.newsarama.com/48535-squi...-addition.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Koi Boi was in the Daily Bugle comic!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Koi Boi appears again! In Voices, this time.

MARVEL ACTION CAPTAIN MARVEL (2020) #2

(W) Sam Maggs (A/CA) Sweeney Boo

Go higher, further, and faster in this brand-new Marvel Action: Captain Marvel adventure! Carol Danvers, a.k.a. Captain Marvel, is trapped! Stuck inside a Kree video game, Carol soon realizes that not everything is as it seems. Will she be able to level up through racing challenges, street fights, and fantasy RPGS? Or will she run out of lives before she reaches the finish line? Writer Sam Maggs (Marvel Action: Captain Marvel, Con Quest!, Wonder Women) and artist Sweeney Boo (Eat, and Love Yourself, Marvel Action: Captain Marvel) level-up for this mind-boggling journey!
    In Shops: Jun 17, 2020

SRP: $3.99

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I like Squirrel Girl, too. First Marvel comic I'd bought in a couple of decades, seems.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Man, I wish I'd known about this a couple of weeks ago - just saw it in another thread:

It's also her second appearance in comics (not counting a 2099 version also in marvel age) and no one knows about it so copies of that issue only go for $2!

I am so gutted that her solo series has stopped. She is one of my favourite characters and her stories were very entertaining.

I was collecting her trades but recently I got Marvel Unlimited so I'm just waiting for her final issue to be uploaded there.

It's good that she has is in that Captain Marvel comic and that Koi Boi has been having some appearances too.

The interview with Ryan on the Marvel website says that she will be present as ever across the Marvel universe moving forward.

I hope she can get in a team book or have a new series again soon.

I personally would love to see a Great Lakes Avengers reunion and then afterwards, bring back New Avengers or put her in Champions.

Also, maybe they will do more Marvel Rising...

Does anyone know if there are anymore plans for the character?

I'm pretty sure Rising is done.

Doreen was on Outlawed variant covers so you'd think she'll be involved somehow. So far, we don't know how the Champions team will change in Eve Ewing's run. Solicits and covers have only specifically shown Ms. Marvel, Viv Vision, Spider-Man, Nova, Ironheart, Snowguard, Bombshell, and Locust. Four of the other seven members appeared in Outlawed #1 - Power Man, Pinpoint, Wasp, and Falcon. Three team members, Dust, Patriot and Brawn no-showed and may have quit the team (if Rising is gone, no more need to push Rayshaun Lucas. Dust is probably back on Krakoa. Brawn is with the Agents of Atlas). There was no indication of any new additions. I guess they're being kept a surprise. Solicits do mention a spy (who'll probably rat them out to the New Warriors and CRADLE), and I suspect that person will be a new recruit they've yet to announce. And that would be too obvious unless there's multiple newbies. Could Doreen be one?

It's already confirmed that Doreen won't be in Ryan North's Power Pack series.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm pretty sure Rising is done.

Doreen was on Outlawed variant covers so you'd think she'll be involved somehow. So far, we don't know how the Champions team will change in Eve Ewing's run. Solicits and covers have only specifically shown Ms. Marvel, Viv Vision, Spider-Man, Nova, Ironheart, Snowguard, Bombshell, and Locust. Four of the other seven members appeared in Outlawed #1 - Power Man, Pinpoint, Wasp, and Falcon. Three team members, Dust, Patriot and Brawn no-showed and may have quit the team (if Rising is gone, no more need to push Rayshaun Lucas. Dust is probably back on Krakoa. Brawn is with the Agents of Atlas). There was no indication of any new additions. I guess they're being kept a surprise. Solicits do mention a spy (who'll probably rat them out to the New Warriors and CRADLE), and I suspect that person will be a new recruit they've yet to announce. And that would be too obvious unless there's multiple newbies. Could Doreen be one?

It's already confirmed that Doreen won't be in Ryan North's Power Pack series.
    I thought the Squirrel Girl series was popular before so it sucks how now the character doesn't seem to be anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshGuy View Post
    I thought the Squirrel Girl series was popular before so it sucks how now the character doesn't seem to be anywhere.
    The tone of the USG series was different from any other Marvel book. Bringing the North/Henderson playfulness to another book would be a challenge.

Yeah, but don't forget, for most of USG's run, Doreen was also a New/U.S. Avenger. Now that Al Ewing isn't writing an Avengers title...