Thread: The Twelve

Default The Twelve

This was one of Marvel's best limited series. But has anything been done with any of the characters since the conclusion of the series? As I recall, Mastermind Excello had formed a detective agency with Phantom Detective (with Fiery Mask's powers) and the original Black Widow as operatives. Has that been forgotten? Personally, I would like to see some of The Twelve's characters (those still alive and usable) turn up again!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I have never read the 12, but I am curious about them.

Is there a character similar to Wendigo and another similar to Medusa? If so, they should reappear. It would be interesting to compare/contrast these otherwise unique characters.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

In retrospect, I'm rather disappointed that Marvel hasn't done much with one of their earliest crimefighters who not only has supernatural powers, but also serves Satan, which I think has a lot of potential for some interesting storylines, at least depending on how writers would potentially expand on it.

From All-Select Comics #1 (September, 1943). Art by Stan Drake.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 01-05-2020 at 09:21 PM.

is it available in a single trade paperback?

The book is very good. I would not mind seeing them show up again.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yeah, I've been wanting to see more of them and the Mystery Men. Wouldn't mind seeing more of the characters from The Lost Generation, too.

Straczynski killed this with the delay.......

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have never read the 12, but I am curious about them.

Is there a character similar to Wendigo and another similar to Medusa? If so, they should reappear. It would be interesting to compare/contrast these otherwise unique characters.
    Uh, no. Nothing like that! It had a giant robot and a woman who worked for Satan.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))

As I mentioned in another thread, the series ended with Mastermind Excello setting up a security firm and hiring the Phantom Detective and (the original) Black Widow as operatives. If you added other Marvel detective characters like Spider Woman and Hanibal King, and you won't have a pretty fun team!
    Sandy Hausler

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I honestly thought that the series was never completed. Read the first few issues, but at some point it stopped coming out for a long time. I never knew that it came back.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I honestly thought that the series was never completed. Read the first few issues, but at some point it stopped coming out for a long time. I never knew that it came back.
    Available from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Twelve-Comple...8498079&sr=8-1
    Sandy Hausler

I liked Mystery Men more, but The Twelve was pretty good.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum