Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Stuart Immonen was someone I thought about mentioning, but I left off just because while he's a fantastic artist and did some excellent work, he just doesn't connect directly to Spider-Man as much as the other artists to me. Like for Ramos, Stegman, Martin, Picheli, Rodriguez, Bagley, etc., even when they aren't doing Spider-Man, I still think about the character and their previous work whenever I see their other art.

Adam Kubert's another example. He's done some great Spidey stuff this decade, but I don't immediately think of him as being synonymous with Spider-Man.
    There are artist´s that i see more as Spider-Man artist´s that other ones,even so i am of the opinion that many artist did great art in Spider-Man stories the last decade.
    I mentioned some but i could add the art of Olivier Coipel and Jim Cheung,also incredible artist´s that painted great Spider-Man stories.
    Thus why it´s quite dificult to say who was the best Spider-Man artist of the last decade to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Stuart Immonen was someone I thought about mentioning, but I left off just because while he's a fantastic artist and did some excellent work, he just doesn't connect directly to Spider-Man as much as the other artists to me.
    Yeah, I had the same thought. You could actually make a convincing case that Immonen was, on a technical level, the best artist on the book in the last ten years but yet somehow, as great as the issues he did were, he doesn't feel like a true "Spidey artist" to me in the way that others who have worked on the character do.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I think I can come up with a top 5 list, because I’m fickle, and my mind changes constantly, so depending on the day, could switch out with any of the others listed here.

I’m going to limit these to artists who, when I see their art, looks like what I should expect in a Spider-Man book.

Ryan Stegman
    Humberto Ramos
    Ryan Ottley
    Jorge Molina
    Will Sliney
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 01-10-2020 at 03:23 AM.

Probably I would go with Crain and his art on the various Carnage series.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Probably I would go with Crain and his art on the various Carnage series.
    Much of his work was in the 2000s though (some Sensational Spider-Man issues, the first Venom VS Carnage mini-series.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Much of his work was in the 2000s though (some Sensational Spider-Man issues, the first Venom VS Carnage mini-series.)
    Really wish ComicBookDB were still up but Crain did do a total of ten issues with Zeb Wells in the two Carnage series they did in the past ten years even though recently he has only worked on variants. Though my guess to that is that it is a result of Marvel deciding to go with artists that won’t ask for as much money as of late.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Stefano Caselli, for me. His run on Spidey wasn't nearly long enough, though. Seemed like as soon as he did a few issues of ASM and started generating some buzz, he got taken off and moved to a bunch of other books.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 01-17-2020 at 05:08 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Really wish ComicBookDB were still up but Crain did do a total of ten issues with Zeb Wells in the two Carnage series they did in the past ten years even though recently he has only worked on variants. Though my guess to that is that it is a result of Marvel deciding to go with artists that won’t ask for as much money as of late.
    So true, I miss it all the time when it comes to check authors' work.

Amazing Member

Mark Bagley, Spider-Man: Life Story

Amazing Member

I liked pretty much all the guys whove drawn spidey since bnd. While he doesnt do a lot of spiderman specific penciling i love steve mcniven who drew him a lot in avengers issues or crossovers.

Marcos martin has the best story telling panels/layouts of any other artist. Ashamed that he didnt have any extended amount of time on asm just stories here and there rotated.

Barry kitson, mike mckone, phil jimenez all were excellent as well.

While i am not totally caught up on asm i am to slotts last amazing Spider-Man relaunch. Humberto ramos, stegman, and camuncoli rotated through superior and i loved the artwork. Ramos seems to be divisive but i love his unique style.

One of my other favorites is probably controversial but when lafuente took over ultimate spidey on vol 2 i loved it. The colors were bright and the funky anime style fit.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Marcus Martin was just gorgeous to look at. I wish he’d had a longer solo stint instead of stories here-and-there. Dan Slotts final issue wouldn’t be half as good without him on art.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Marcus Martin was just gorgeous to look at. I wish he’d had a longer solo stint instead of stories here-and-there. Dan Slotts final issue wouldn’t be half as good without him on art.
    It's Marcos Martin. I think he's great but I also feel he's not too versatile. He's at his best doing the arty issues with great layouts (my favorite of his is his collaboration with Stan Lee on Spidey Super Sundays) and not much else.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's Marcos Martin. I think he's great but I also feel he's not too versatile. He's at his best doing the arty issues with great layouts (my favorite of his is his collaboration with Stan Lee on Spidey Super Sundays) and not much else.
    Define “much else”??

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Ryan Stegman and Humbertos Ramos are the best. Even if a story isn't the best, I'll still buy the book just for the art.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I am going with the two Ryans. Love their work! Stegeman in particular kills it in Venom as Peter has made a number of appearances.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!