Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Stuart Immonen was someone I thought about mentioning, but I left off just because while he's a fantastic artist and did some excellent work, he just doesn't connect directly to Spider-Man as much as the other artists to me. Like for Ramos, Stegman, Martin, Picheli, Rodriguez, Bagley, etc., even when they aren't doing Spider-Man, I still think about the character and their previous work whenever I see their other art.

Adam Kubert's another example. He's done some great Spidey stuff this decade, but I don't immediately think of him as being synonymous with Spider-Man.
    There are artistīs that i see more as Spider-Man artistīs that other ones,even so i am of the opinion that many artist did great art in Spider-Man stories the last decade.
    I mentioned some but i could add the art of Olivier Coipel and Jim Cheung,also incredible artistīs that painted great Spider-Man stories.
    Thus why itīs quite dificult to say who was the best Spider-Man artist of the last decade to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Stuart Immonen was someone I thought about mentioning, but I left off just because while he's a fantastic artist and did some excellent work, he just doesn't connect directly to Spider-Man as much as the other artists to me.
    Yeah, I had the same thought. You could actually make a convincing case that Immonen was, on a technical level, the best artist on the book in the last ten years but yet somehow, as great as the issues he did were, he doesn't feel like a true "Spidey artist" to me in the way that others who have worked on the character do.

I think I can come up with a top 5 list, because I’m fickle, and my mind changes constantly, so depending on the day, could switch out with any of the others listed here.

I’m going to limit these to artists who, when I see their art, looks like what I should expect in a Spider-Man book.

Ryan Stegman
    Humberto Ramos
    Ryan Ottley
    Jorge Molina
    Will Sliney
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 01-10-2020 at 03:23 AM.

Probably I would go with Crain and his art on the various Carnage series.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Probably I would go with Crain and his art on the various Carnage series.
    Much of his work was in the 2000s though (some Sensational Spider-Man issues, the first Venom VS Carnage mini-series.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Much of his work was in the 2000s though (some Sensational Spider-Man issues, the first Venom VS Carnage mini-series.)
    Really wish ComicBookDB were still up but Crain did do a total of ten issues with Zeb Wells in the two Carnage series they did in the past ten years even though recently he has only worked on variants. Though my guess to that is that it is a result of Marvel deciding to go with artists that won’t ask for as much money as of late.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Stefano Caselli, for me. His run on Spidey wasn't nearly long enough, though. Seemed like as soon as he did a few issues of ASM and started generating some buzz, he got taken off and moved to a bunch of other books.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 01-17-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Really wish ComicBookDB were still up but Crain did do a total of ten issues with Zeb Wells in the two Carnage series they did in the past ten years even though recently he has only worked on variants. Though my guess to that is that it is a result of Marvel deciding to go with artists that won’t ask for as much money as of late.
    So true, I miss it all the time when it comes to check authors' work.

Amazing Member

Mark Bagley, Spider-Man: Life Story