Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think Seagal is a peice of sh#t. And just an all around ridiculous human being. Is that how you feel about Cruise? Lol

His ex wives might not have nice things to say but most Cruises co stars and peopl who worked with him say he was a nice guy. Seagal gets blasted by people, the funniest being John Luigazamo(Oohh butchered that spelling). Tells a hilarious story about how much of an ******* he is.
    From what I've heard about Seagal, I agree with you. As far as I know, Cruise just believes in a religion we consider really wonky.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    From what I've heard about Seagal, I agree with you.
    He allso saves animals so there's that.

I think Seagal is a peice of sh#t. And just an all around ridiculous human being. Is that how you feel about Cruise? Lol

His ex wives might not have nice things to say but most Cruises co stars and peopl who worked with him say he was a nice guy. Seagal gets blasted by people, the funniest being John Luigazamo(Oohh butchered that spelling). Tells a hilarious story about how much of an ******* he is.
    Oh, man...

You guy's went right to what passes for the guy's personal life.

I was talking more in terms of his work. In the same way that I think regular folks just scratch their heads and wonder how Seagal is even in another film, I tend to feel the same way about Cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    I don't think Cruise really believes in this Scientology crap any longer. I think he's in so deep that he can't get out. I think they have dirt on him that he doesn't want released to the public. They pretty much have to admit everything during their 'auditing' sessions and I think he revealed his homosexuality many years ago. Of course, I could be wrong but how could anyone believe in Xenu and all that other garbage?
    Tom Cruise does not only believe in it, he in quote, puts it ruthlessly on himself.

I think he is beyond brainwashed and gone forever.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I had no idea there were any seriously bad things about Will Smith.
    There aren't. Its just that he is a member of scientology.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    There aren't. Its just that he is a member of scientology.
    Well that's not true at all. Jada Admitted that she dabbled in it after Leah Remini accused her of being a member. But she said it was because she was curious but claims she was never an actual member. And even Leah said Will wasnt involved in it to her knowledge.

Will Smith publicly denies being a scientologist and so does his wife. that goes against everything the church does. They force their celebs to promote and recruit. Will and Jada saying they're arent members doesnt fit with Scientologies M.O..

Pretty sure Will Smith has stated hes a Christian anyway.

Astonishing Member

Well that's not true at all. Jada Admitted that she dabbled in it after Leah Remini accused her of being a member. But she said it was because she was curious but claims she was never an actual member. And even Leah said Will wasnt involved in it to her knowledge.

Will Smith publicly denies being a scientologist and so does his wife. that goes against everything the church does. They force their celebs to promote and recruit. Will and Jada saying they're arent members doesnt fit with Scientologies M.O..

Pretty sure Will Smith has stated hes a Christian anyway.
    Great to hear. I am not very well informed about that stuff, but I strongly believed he is a Scientology member. Now I know better thanks to you. (not that it changed my view of his acting/movies)

I've always found him obnoxious but i've enjoyed most of the Mission Impossible films, as well as some of his sci-fi flicks and that one with Jamie foxx. Also he was hilarious in Tropic Thunder. the guy definitely has some personal issues but i'm not one to cast stones, and its pretty amazing that he still pulls off the action stunts that he does at his age.

I dislike him more than I like him. But I don't dislike him enough to not watch a movie with him in it if the movie itself seems interesting enough. But I wouldn't watch a movie just to see him in it.

Astonishing Member

Decent actor. Too bad he's a brainwashed thrall to a cult.

I'd say he's a solid (though not particularly great) actor who happens to star in a lot of movies I happen to like.

I do think a lot of his scientology stuff is creepy as heck... but I'll still watch his movies if I think it looks cool.

I find all religions particularly creepy, so I divorce that from a celebrity’s work.

Tom Cruise has very limited range, from the movies I’ve seen him in, but does a solid enough job to make his roles entertaining.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, beyond being a bloated turd living off Direct-to-Video releases you'd find on the shelves in Wal-Mart, I think Seagal is a Trump fan, which makes him even more loathsome. As for Cruise, other than the fact he doesn't appear to age (either plastic surgery, or he's a descendant of Dorian Gray), he's a decent actor who's films I've enjoyed over the years. Meanwhile, I don't pay any attention to the Scientology stuff.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I think he's a thing, maybe even a human thing, but I wouldn't swear to it.
    I like some of the movies he's done, and I think he's an alright actor, but he's also an insane member of an insane cult.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Sorry, but the Scientology stuff will always affect my opinion of him. It's a nasty and pervasive cult that I'm happy to say is struggling like mad to establish itself here in the UK.
    The cult laughably claims to have around 118,000 members here. It's actually closer to 2000. Both Conservative and Labour governments have treated Scientology with suspicion down the years and refuse to officially classify it as a religion.
    Tom Cruise is the public face of this insidious organisation. Ick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    His personal beliefs changed how I think of him. He has not seen Suri in 7 years. I see him as a jerk when I watch his films.
    For the reasons listed above I cannot separate the art from the artist with this guy, I don’t like him and won’t watch his movies. It also helps that he’s not in a lot of the films I like. So, I guess I’m good unless they cast him in the MCU or if he starts doing indy films suddenly.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.