Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’ve always been a fan and always will be, most likely.
    He’s been making movies I enjoy since the 80s, and, personal life notwithstanding, he’s said to be one of the nicest guys to work with, appreciative of both cast and crew.
    Plus, we share a birthday, so gotta show support!
    He apparently, no matter who hes talking to he gives you 100% attention and calls you by your name repeatedly. Even if your a P.A he just met. So as long as you dont take Psych meds or promote psychiatry he probaly is a genuine nice guy to most people. Michale Pena is a super nice guy by most accounts and is a scientologist. I dont think Cruise is some evil conspirator I think hes a gullable victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    He apparently, no matter who hes talking to he gives you 100% attention and calls you by your name repeatedly. Even if your a P.A he just met. So as long as you dont take Psych meds or promote psychiatry he probaly is a genuine nice guy to most people. Michale Pena is a super nice guy by most accounts and is a scientologist. I dont think Cruise is some evil conspirator I think hes a gullable victim.
    Yeah, i have certain subjects i don’t discuss w. ppl in RL, and religion is one of them.
    This isn’t 1982’s CONAN where two guys get together and ask each other “So, what god do you pray to”. As long as you play straight w. me, i can get along w. pretty much anyone.

Fantastic Member

I don't think Cruise really believes in this Scientology crap any longer. I think he's in so deep that he can't get out. I think they have dirt on him that he doesn't want released to the public. They pretty much have to admit everything during their 'auditing' sessions and I think he revealed his homosexuality many years ago. Of course, I could be wrong but how could anyone believe in Xenu and all that other garbage?
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 01-08-2020 at 05:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    His best acting moment involved him wearing tighty-whiteys and singing into a fake microphone.
    Or in All The Right Moves where he removes the tighty-whiteys and shows us everything he has.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    I don't think Cruise really believes in this Scientology crap any longer. I think he's in so deep that he can't get out. I think they have dirt on him that he doesn't want released to the public. They pretty much have to admit everything during their 'auditing' sessions and I think he revealed his homosexuality many years ago. Of course, I could be wrong but how could anyone believe in Xenu and all that other garbage?
    then he's suffering unecessarily. coming out of the closet wouldn't hurt him. he's not a heart throb anymore. he shouldn't be worried about anything short of child molestation and/or rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    that sounds like an intimidation tactic. he's letting you know that he knows who you are and that he's taking note of everything you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that sounds like an intimidation tactic. he's letting you know that he knows who you are and that he's taking note of everything you say.
    We were taught to do that in many of the courses I took in the Army. It’s a way to establish rapport, and helps you remember who ppl are (Which should be a lot easier considering we all have our names printed in our chests but isn’t! ), especially when dealing w. other branches and civilians/civilian contractors.
    It CAN be intimidating I guess, but, pretty much anything can, given the right context.

Astonishing Member

My wife refuses to watch anything with Cruise or Will Smith and his family. My argument to separate the artist from the privat person isn't working with her. My argument that she doesn't know how many actors are in a cult, or rapist, or whatever evil they are is working a bit better. Now with the Weinstein case she has to leave a lot of movies out, because you know why...and I won't talk about her about her favorite show House of Cards and Kevin Spacey, lol....

So...it doesn't matter really. Artist is artist and the rest is uninteresting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    We were taught to do that in many of the courses I took in the Army. It’s a way to establish rapport, and helps you remember who ppl are (Which should be a lot easier considering we all have our names printed in our chests but isn’t! ), especially when dealing w. other branches and civilians/civilian contractors.
    It CAN be intimidating I guess, but, pretty much anything can, given the right context.
    in a professional environment, like the military, that definitely makes sense. but i've seen him in interviews. he stares a hole in people. humans (unless they are psychopaths) generally break eye contact because it triggers self-consciousness in others. i too admit that i could be wayyy off base. but i'm not the first person to notice how he intensely stares at people when he talks. reminds me of Charles Manson.

in a professional environment, like the military, that definitely makes sense. but i've seen him in interviews. he stares a hole in people. humans (unless they are psychopaths) generally break eye contact because it triggers self-consciousness in others. i too admit that i could be wayyy off base. but i'm not the first person to notice how he intensely stares at people when he talks. reminds me of Charles Manson.
    Tom seems to be doing it simply to cause awkwardness and throw people off. He never seems to use it to read people or to show them he is listening. Most of the time it just comes off as passive-aggressive and petulant.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

It’s funny you mentioned the eye contact thing.
    It was something I personally did to higher ranking ppl I had issues with, to throw them off their game. It works really well!

I've seen other actors talk about meeting him and they dont describe him as intimidating. More like hes trying to show a sincere interest in talking to you and he remembers everyone's name. That's why he repeats their name so he remember it. Now that could all be a tactic to make people think hes nicer then he is but I haven't seen people talk about him like that.

I also dont think Cruise is gay and being black mailed. More likely that's John Travoltas situation. They say he doesnt participate much anymore just does the bare minimum. Tom gets treated like hes God and hes a needy actor. So it's the perfect situation for him.

I think that what I think is probably roughly what Joe/Jane Public think if you ask them "So, What Do You Think About Steven Seagal?"

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I think that what I think is probably roughly what Joe/Jane Public think if you ask them "So, What Do You Think About Steven Seagal?"
    I think Seagal is a peice of sh#t. And just an all around ridiculous human being. Is that how you feel about Cruise? Lol

His ex wives might not have nice things to say but most Cruises co stars and peopl who worked with him say he was a nice guy. Seagal gets blasted by people, the funniest being John Luigazamo(Oohh butchered that spelling). Tells a hilarious story about how much of an asshole he is.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    My wife refuses to watch anything with Cruise or Will Smith and his family. My argument to separate the artist from the privat person isn't working with her. My argument that she doesn't know how many actors are in a cult, or rapist, or whatever evil they are is working a bit better. Now with the Weinstein case she has to leave a lot of movies out, because you know why...and I won't talk about her about her favorite show House of Cards and Kevin Spacey, lol....

So...it doesn't matter really. Artist is artist and the rest is uninteresting for me.
    I had no idea there were any seriously bad things about Will Smith.
    Power with Girl is better.