Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Extraordinary Member

He has the definitive "white man run'. Guess he's not really a good guy on a personal level but I've seen a lot of his movies.

I think he's a gift to movies.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

In the 90s and early 2000s, Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks and Will Simith were called the 100m dollar men. most and if not all their films were grossing 100m in the USA. when last did a tom cruise movie not named Mission Impossible break 100m in the USA

Either he has gotten old or the Scientology stuff has indeed damaged his career.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-12-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    In the 90s and early 2000s, Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks and Will Simith were called the 100m dollar men. most and if not all their films were grossing 100m in the USA. when last did a tom cruise movie not named Mission Impossible break 100m in the USA

Either has has gotten old or the Scientology stuff has indeed damaged his career.
    Hanks has maintained his clean cut image, but I can't recall the last time he notched a $100 million dollar box office winner.

As for Smith and Cruise, they both have films coming out this year, Smith with Bad Boys For Life next weekend, Cruise with Top Gun: Maverick come summer. I don't expect either to crack the $100 million barrier, but I could be wrong.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I don’t care how much Tom Cruise’s (or anyone’s) movies make, as long as I enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hanks has maintained his clean cut image, but I can't recall the last time he notched a $100 million dollar box office winner.
    Bridge of Spies, Sully and The Post were all hits. He has moved into different typed of films than big blockbusters. More character driven.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Bridge of Spies, Sully and The Post were all hits. He has moved into different typed of films than big blockbusters. More character driven.
    Damn! Forgot about The Post, and I have that in my library.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Cruise's best performance was Jack Reacher. Playing a 6"4 240 lb. ex Army MP. ��
    I always wonder what he is compenstating with this role.