Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Batman Eternal and Bamtan and Robin Eternal - the writers imo simply failed to properly use the big cast they had

War of Jokes and Riddles - the idea sounded great but the story was pretty weak

As a huge Legion of Superheroes fan, I was disappointed with the result of there being two Legion books - "Legion Lost" and "LSH." Legion Lost in particular since it featured my fav Wildfire and a smaller team in the present day. Woods's art was great, but the story fell flat and went nowhere. It seemed to abandon its original premise early on then had nowhere to go other than a pointless crossover. The other Legion title featured the same Legion from the old days, just older - no reboot! Yet that failed to be exciting as well. They weren't the worst comics of the last ten years, but in terms of disappointments, it was bad since I had high hopes for both books.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Limiting the multiverse to just 52 Earths, most of which clearly could never be used to tell actual stories with. We get it. Grant Morrison takes a lot of drugs and has a lot of "ideas".

Whatever the hell Convergence was supposed to be.

Not learning anything from the mistakes made after COIE when designing the New 52 and not starting from an actual clean slate.

New 52 Superboy.
    Assassinate Putin!

Amazing Member

The return of Clark and Lois marriage, and Jon Kent.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

The New 52 as a concept. Almost 10 years after the fact I have to look back and say it wasn’t worth it. Very few franchises were actually made better by the reboot. And I have to say that quite a few got worse. I don’t think it has accomplished anything that was worth throwing away 20+ years of history for.

Adding the Watchman characters to the DCU. Still wondering why this is a thing.

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

Ric Grayson

Heroes in Crisis

Bendis Superman

King Batman after Issue 50

Everything they did to Wally West following Flash: Rebirth

Editorial mandates effecting N52 Titans

Year of the Villain

N52 Superman after Morrison

Not Following Up on Earth 2
    Pull List: Detective Comics, Batman, Flash, Justice League, Future State

The government wants the truth. I want the truth. And one way or another, we're all going to get it

-Donna Troy

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'm also going to put New 52 Static, 8 ISSUES?!?!? EIGHT!!!!!
    New 52 Static was saddled with creative problems. Apparently, the artist or editor wants to have a hand in the character's story direction and there's a disagreement with the writer. One or all of them keep fighting the other and breaching the writer's job. Whichever it was, the creative team broke because they can't reach an agreement.

The interview explaining it was in the comic vine, I think

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    New 52 Static was saddled with creative problems. Apparently, the artist or editor wants to have a hand in the character's story direction and there's a disagreement with the writer. One or all of them keep fighting the other and breaching the writer's job. Whichever it was, the creative team broke because they can't reach an agreement.

The interview explaining it was in the comic vine, I think
    I found it on comic alliance: https://comicsalliance.com/static-sh...tion-quitting/

basically the jist of the story is that Rozum(the writer) kept coliding wih Harvey Richards(the editor) because Scott Mcdaniel(the artist) kept on suggesting on how to write the book.
    keep In mind that Mcdaniel had never written a comic book before but he kept on trying to push Rozum in many different directions and Richards was apparently ok with all of that because he keep turning down Rozum's ideas on what the book should be.
    after the first issue of Static had came out Rozum announced that he was off the book and that his input was only for the first 4 issues, by issue 5 it was already announced that the book was cancelled.

At the end of the day the book was awful but failure of it lands directly on the editor because he couldnt find a vision to launch this book on time. the whole project would most likely had been delayed or cancel before coming out if it wasnt that it needed to be part of the NEW 52 which needed 52 books to launch on the same month.